Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #19

Jeepers Gracie, is Lewis in size 1 bonds??? Rory is still in OO's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive been wanting to buy Rory an easysuit but its been 30+ degrees here for what seems like forever. Its been in the high 30s for over a week now I adore bonds clothes though, I would buy the whole range if I could.....come to think of it, I think I almost have LOL!! Have you seen the bonds PJ sets with the little boxer type shorts OoooO so cute! Hope Lewis is better tomorrow

Rory was a little warm the day after his v.

Oh no hope all the poor bubs that have had needles are feeling better!

Renee - I wouldnt have thought going to Moore River would take any longer than half an hr from Quinns. Do you go to Lancelin often? My parents have had a house up there since I was about 12 so we have spent alot of time in Lancelin. Mum and dad go up every weekend, it doesnt help that dad is a surfer haha poor mum. I totally had the OMG I cannot believe this is my baby feeling. I remember just looking at her with DP and we were both so amazed. It was the best feeling ever and one I wont be forgetting. I cant wait to do it again one day. Yep I can understand your reasons for a planned c section next time around. We had a pretty horrible birth as well, 36 hr labour and posterior bub. Incredibly painful, I cant even put the pain into words. To top it off she swallowed meconium and wasnt breathing well. What happened with Rory, was he in trouble when he came out? How did your DH cope during the labour, mine was absolutely petrified lol. How is Rory coping with the heat, isnt it terrible. If I cant get undercover parking at the shops I go home, I cannot put Maddie into my hot sauna of a car after its been sitting in the sun, its horrible for her. We have been spending alot of time indoors thats for sure.

Noni - Oh you poor love, I hope you are feeling much better. We are all here for you. Definately have a chat to your GP. I did read somewhere that PND tends to develop around 3/4 mths. Its very good that you are recognising the signs early on. Keep up with the mums group, its fantastic once you click and trust me it wont take long. I hope your DP can find a job soon, this is something that is probably weighing on your mind as well and bringing you down. Keep up with the fitness, it wont take long and the weight will really start dropping off, especially if you are doing body attack you crazy woman!! Besides you are off to an excellent start. Its hard work being a mum at times, we have all had our moments of frustration with the little ones. You are doing such a great job with Asha though, I've especially admired your confidence with starting solids, something I really have no idea about yet you are already the full bottle lol. For a first time mum you really know what you are doing, so dont be too hard on yourself. I really think you are an awesome mummy.

Gracie - Aw poor Lewis, how is he feeling now? Woo hoo glad you found me on facebook! Thanks so much for your lovely comment, made me feel very good.

Marydean - Good glad you have turned on your rep points, you always have so much helpful advice to offer.

Fianne - Your DP sounds very supportive, taking Max away when you were starting to get frustrated. We all have these times, and sometimes a 5 min break is all we need to refresh ourselves. I hope she is feeling better now after her needles.

pregpan - How is the hunting for appropriate care for Noah going?

Sherie - What is V day....not valentines I take it?

Katie - No doubt your mum will be spoiling Logan this weekend! Bet she will be suprised about how much he has grown. It is sad that they are growing up! Its going way too fast. We are dying in this heat! Air con on 24/7 . Maddie is ok though, we stay indoors as much as possible. Taking a baby out in this ridiculous heat is just not on.

Any plans for valentines day??

Well my working week is over. Maddie seemed to have a good couple of days at childcare. I cried again on Monday morning, I think it was also because I had been feeling horrible about childcare for most of last week. Madeline still isnt rolling, she is happy just to lay there on her back lol. The CHN said she is very placid and doesnt want to do much!! I have been trying to keep her off her back as much as possible though, and on her tummy alot as well. Trying to improve her flat head due to favouring one side and also get her better at tummy time. She is getting there, just taking her time. It sounds so corny, but we are falling more and more in love with her every day. DP and I just stand at her cot some nights watching her sleep whispering OMG she is so perfect we are so lucky lol!!

good morning
    off to ww this morning *bites finger nails* not feeling overly confident but i suppose we will see.. i generally have some idea when i put on my clothes coz i wear the same ones every time lol..
    Asha is in her bouncer atm and she reaches up to get the toys hanging off it and then kinda slips down with an arched back and gets really annoyed lol but she dosnt want to let go of the toys lol..
    lol haley - we arent doing solids atm since she had that tummy upsetshe hasnt had any.. thanks for saying i am an awesome mummy .. lol even i think i am crazy for doing body attack it is crazy lol especially when you do pump before it and havnt eaten since lunch time and its 6:45 - 8:45 for the two classes lol oops idk where the time goes sometimes ur about to cook dinner and your not ready and its already time to leave eeek i need a time management class!!
    rennee - is rory in bonds suits 00s? Asha is in normal clothes 00 but bonds suits 0 and the 0 is a lil big but not too big looks fine and will just fit her a bit longer.. things like jumpers and tracksuit pants by bonds though she is still 00 too
    md - we have the stripey one too
    gracie - i am looking for more as well we only have one and thats the only 0 they had in long sleves and long pants and i dnt really like the long sleeves no pants ones for bed (which is what we use the easysuits for) because it kinda defeats the purpose of it being so easy if you have to put pants over it haha

good morning ladies!

renee- yes lewis is in size1 bonds. size 0 everything else. he's huge! someone thought he was 8 months old the other day instead of 4. he's just a really big boy! i love all the bonds stuff too. i think i've seen the shorts you're talking about on zodee. very cute! i can't really remember what happened with your birth, but mine was very scarey and traumatic too...it's horrible isn't it?

hayley- hello fb friend!! glad it was you, i wasn't too sure. i found you in sherie's friends. have you seen sherie's pic (of one of the girls) on the bb ad on facebook? or is that just on my page??

noni- good luck at ww today! i'm going out to lunch to get even fatter lol!

katie- i realised we have lots in common- both dp/dh's are sparkies. both have middle name Anthony (if i remember correctly??)

well, lewis seems a little bit less whingey today from needles. we're going out to lunch with his girlfriend ruby rose, so we'll see how he goes!
    Last edited by Ginger; February 13th, 2008 at 09:37 AM.

Hello everyone!!

K didn't have a reaction from her second round of needles, she had a little bit of a fever the first time.

Noni - very impressive all the classes you are doing. I'm scared of body attack. Sprained my ankle the first time I did it and haven't been brave enough to go back!

Had mothers group yesterday. There were 20 mums there!! I met a few more from my suburb and exchanged numbers with one of the girls (who I also bumped into last night while walking the streets). We might form a 'splinter group'. Then did a bit of shopping, picked up a rubber mat for K in the bath. Would have liked to find a bath seat but couldn't.

No plans for Valentines Day here. We've never really been into it.

Pregpan - well done on buying clothes for you! I need to do that soon, the wardrobe is looking pretty scarce.

Tried going back to bed twice this morning - both unsucessfully. K only slept for 30 mins the first time and 45 mins the second time she went down. So I've given up, which means that she will probably go down for 2.5 hours next time she has a nap!! Oh well, at least that will give me a chance to catch up on some knitting and Grey's Anatomy!

Hayley - We went to Lancelin all the time when Dwayne first got his license, lots of camping. Your so lucky to have a house up there!! I'm more of a Cervantes girl! Dad was, up until 5 months ago a crayfisherman so we lived there for 9 years and went up every single school holidays & long w/e. I still miss it!
    I bougth Dwayne some VB thongs for Valentines day....how romantic haha! Have you got anything planned??
    Last edited by reneenay; February 13th, 2008 at 06:46 PM.

hi everyone
    just came back from parliament house, went down to watch the apology to the stolen generation - a nice atmosphere down there i must say.
    Cally - i never get a sleep in when N goes down, as he will always wake again. the most i get is 45 mins. this was ok when he was such an amazing night sleeper but the last week or so i have been up 2 or 3 times in the night so i am alittle worse for wear!
    I am wondering what is waking Noah - is it that we started solids? is it teething? does he suddenly need more night feeds? is it a new stage (pls NO!!). I think he has tummy pains so considering stopping solids for a while but wonder if then i will just have to deal w it again ina few weeks. he loves the food too so i am not keen to stop! so far we have done rice cereal (which he hated) and carrots and apples. carrots his favourite by far!
    Noni - v impressive your classes - I dont know how you do 2 ina row. take it easy hey...
    No Val Day plans here either - we arent into it... that said i dont mind a bit of a pampering so if DH wants to surprise me I can handle it LOL!
    Hayley - no progress on child care yet - reminds me I have to set an appt up at a nannying agency. Tomorrow in child care again.. I so hope I didnt get you upset it was so not my intention.
    Glad your child care days for the week are over and you can spend the time with Maddie. Must admit I think most of my bad feelings are around the fact I will be back close to or full time.

Pregpan - Rory has been waking in the night since I started him on solids. I didnt give him solids yesterday just to test my theory and he didnt wake! Maybe I was giving him too much?

well only 900g at ww i am kinda annoyed coz i have tried much less than i did this week and pulled a bigger number.. just beingsilly a loss is a loss and i have now lost just past the 10% of my starting weight so got a big congrats for that.. still about 5kgs to go in my opinion but we will see how i feel as it comes off
    gosh 0 easy suits must be popular because i am having alot oftrouble finding them! we bought the last one in big w yesterday there was none in target n today i bought the last one in myer.. was hoping for a coloured one but so far we have the writting n stripey both black have to keep my eye out
    gracie - someone guessed Asha at 6mths the other day lol not 5mths till the 26th lol spose she is in the 75th percentile
    pregpan - 2 in a row isnt too hard when they are completely diffn body attack is last lol if it was first id have no hope lol but i kinda get through it by it will be over soon lol.. theres a few ppl that do both coz ones weights/resistance training and the other ones cardio iykwim?
    renee - its hard to tell u know i dnt really remember how i felt in the beginning lol plus when i started id only given bith 6 wks ago.. ived lost 7kgs now so when i look at photos n stuff i can see a difference lol just really need to get fitter lol coz i am losing weight but wasnt getting any fitter lol hence the recent excersise..
    cally - theres lots of low impact options in body attack if you were at all interested in going back
    well off to make some vege soup was inspired by this recipe from ww for sour cream n chives damper yummm gonna make that n some soup

Pregpan - does DH give you a break on the weekends to catch up on sleep? Mine does, but sometimes I want to stay up and spend time with him instead of sleeping. Always regret it later though when I am completely zonked. You might not have to deal with it again in a few weeks if you give solids a break, he will be that little bit bigger and might be able to cope better.

Renee - There I was thinking it might get better once I start K on solids!! There goes that theory.

Noni - A loss is still aloss, try not to beat yourself up about it. I don't think I will be going back to the gym for a while, the one I used to go to doesn't have a creche and I don't think I want to go to a new one. Will stick with walking for now.

K's awake (an hour sleep this time). Might go for a walk and have someone else make me a coffee today!

Noni well done on the weight loss.

Renee and Pregpan I hope you can get the solids and sleep thing sorted. I am going to start Logan on solids next month, he will be 6 months though so fingers crossed it all goes well.

Gracie we do have a lot in comon don't we. Yep Logans middle name is Anthony, it is also my Dh's middle name (and my dads and FIL)

Hayley I don't envy you in that heat. We have had such a mild summer here. DH and I fall more and more in love with Logan everyday too. I love watching him sleep, it really gives you a chance to sit back and marvel at them doesn't it.

MD I havent been shopping either , although Big W have a baby sale on at the moment so I will probably take mum there on the weekend.

I think Logan and I will go for a big walk when he wakes up, I didnt go yesterday as it rained all day. I wish there was some local shops to walk to close by, we get stcuk doing the same laps everyday as we are at the top of a big hill and I dont fancy trying to push the pram back up just yet.

Yay!!! DH is home early so I can have some quiet mummy time on the couch.

hi all, megaquick post - we are having one of those 20min catnap days. Waaaay too much for S to see and do LOL! There have been a few uncharacteristic wakeups in the wee hours, and some megafeeds too... maybe a growth spurt is happening AGAIN! She is a smiling gurgling little bundle most of the time (kickickick hee hee) but has had a few screamy days lately. Pretty sure it might be something I ate as I've had windy tummy pain as well. Hmmm. We travelled to my parents' last weekend (the first trip with baby) and all went swimmingly.
    Me? I'm addicted to Milo (again) and exhausted. Dh is studying like a demon (and thus v. vague & grumpy) - boo.
    OMG Gracie - size 1!! what a thumperoo! must be all that special mummylove! S is in 00 now but some of the Bonds things seem too short.
    Noni wow at your exercise. I don't feel up to 1 class let alone 2! And it's so good for one's mental health - keep it up girl! (btw I think you are doing an awesome job too)
    Sherie hope the vet visit goes well
    How is the pachking going Arte?
    Hi MD, KAtie, LP, SupaB, Hayley, Ag & the others xxxx
    We don't make a big fuss on Vday. We usu buy each other the most revolting card we can find. It's a kind of competition! And sometimes a token something - this year DH is getting a box of choccies. One year he bought me a big bunch of lurid red gladioli ROFL.
    Hugs to all!

Queenie, ROFL at the screaming gladioli, Dame E eat your heart out! No big plans here, I *think* DH might have some more Haighs choc stashed somewhere for me (please please please ) and I've bought a very understated little card & a single heart shaped choccky. The less is more school of Valentines Day LOL. DD1 is in a lather as there is a boy at school she wants to give a Valentine to! LOL

Cally YAY for quiet mummy time! Sounds like you do lots of walking, it's an inspiration to ppl like me who need to do more! BTW I thought of you today, I was roaming around in the Canberra Centre trying to find the parents room! Found one eventually but there was no toilet??? Canberra is such a weird place sometimes.

Pregpan, I didn't make it to the Big House for the Sorry but I've been glued to the telly every single time they've shown it since (keep crying every time I see it!), even found my way around my am radio stations in the car this morning so I could listen in and not miss anything. It's a Big Day for the nation, that's for sure.

I've been meaning to ask, do you go to the Gymbaroo in Forrest or is there another one somewhere? Really keen to get E started, we did kindergym with H but that doesn't start until 18 mths old here.

All this Bonds talk reminds me, GOOD NEWS LADIES, it's all on sale at BIG W starting tomorrow! Might have to pop in early and snap up some winter wear.

Noni, you are amazing, do you remember when we first all met in the belly buddies thread you hardly even knew how to cook and now you're whipping out damper for your veggie soup!!

Fianne, by what some of the other ladies have said it seems like the reaction doesn't necc get worse, don't waste your energy worrying about it cos it sounds like I've got my wires crossed!

Took E out today in her New Pram. OK so it was fiddle fiddle fiddle for the first bit while I was working out all the features, but it's such a comfy spacious pram I can see we will be using it for a long time yet.

Maydean - I keep crying from all the sorry day footage as well! So glad it has finally happened and I hope that it can help with healing for the stolen generation and their families. How cute, is DD going to give the boy a pressie? Thats so adorable!! Do they have 'boyfriends' at that age, I cant remember! The new pram sounds great, I have heard only good things about those prams. Thanks for the heads up about the bonds sale.

Queenie - Glad to hear you guys are doing well. Thats a really funny idea about buying the most revolting valentines day cards. I bought DP one today, there are so many that made me want to puke, some are ridiculously over the top with their soppyness, if I gave one of those to DP he would just roll his eyes and laugh lol

Cally - Yay for mummy time! I also thought starting solids made them sleep through. What a shame...

Katie - I'm trying to hold off with the solids till Maddie is 6 months too. Although I have been noticing lately that she has been paying heaps of attention to us eating, literally watching the food go to my mouth and then me chewing. Still sleeping through though and not crying out for more.

Noni - A loss is better than a gain. I wonder if best and less sell the bonds suits? I know they sell bonds....do you guys have best and less in the eastern states?

Pregpan - No, you didnt upset me about the childcare talk. Dont mind me I was being a big wuss last week!! It is hard though, but once you get into the swing of things you two will be fine.

Renee - Oh really didnt know you were a cervantes girl! I can sympathise with the travelling up there every long weekend and school holidays...only my dad isnt a cray fisherman, he is just a mad keen surfer who drove us all nuts looking for that 'perfect wave' haha.

Gracie - No I havent seen Sherie on the BB ad? She's a friend on my FB though. Love the professional pics of Lewis, your friend got some real good shots. Definately pics that you will cherish.

Must say I am not looking forward to starting solids if it makes them wake during the night hehe!!

For v day, I bought DP a mug that says 'Tim - the legend' (His name is Tim) hahaha isnt that so corny! Anyway I am filling it with love heart choccies. And just a card to go with it. Nothing special.

My SIL cannot get her new bub to sleep. He is constantly yawning he is so tired, but he will just not drop off without a fight. He is finally so exhausted that he bombs out. She says he hardly sleeps at all even at night. The poor thing is about to lose it I think. He did go through colic but they are managing that now. Does anyone have any suggestions I can send her way? I said rock in the bassinet but she doesnt have one, he went straight to a cot.

hello ladies

cally - i think our mothers' group might form a bit of a splinter group too. our group doesn't really seem to 'click' all that well iykwim? i've actually been meeting up for lunch with a woman from my hospital classes and a friend of hers from her mothers group. i bought a bath seat but the suction cups on the bottom won't stick properly to my bath, i think the bath is too curvey. what does the mat that you bought for k do? i wish i could knit!

renee- vb thongs sound awesome! thanks for being my fb friend!

pregpan- how emotional was the sorry speech?
    i'm feeling you on the no sleep thing. i'm totally wrecked atm.

noni- i know what you mean about the easysuits. i've been trying to find a blue one with the writing for months! i just can't find them anywhere. oh well, might drag my dad to the shops with me on friday. well done on ww. 7kgs is heaps! i still need to lose about 8kgs...

katie- did you mention big w sale???? i love big w!! my dp's middle name is Anthony and his dad is Anthony too! there you go. does your dh enjoy being an electrician? does he work for himself?

queenie- yes size 1! hard to believe isn't it? right now he has a size 0 wondersuit on and dp just said to me 'he looks like he's got squashed balls, poor little man'....looks like i need to go shopping lol

md- what new pram did you get? more haighs...i used to work in collins st in city and i used to go and buy a bag of haighs freckles a couple of times a week. they're so good!

*hi hayley!- posting at same time. sorry, not sure what to suggest to your sil, except maybe to walk him around in his pram until he's asleep then transfer him?
    Last edited by Ginger; February 13th, 2008 at 08:04 PM.

haley- best and less do sell them but they didnt have any of the ones i wanted either lol only long sleeves no pants or 0000 lol we are a fair way away from that now!! cant believe she ever fit it!
    as for your sil do they have a soother? like a thing that goes on the cot and has lights and music before we got our fp one we had one that was only around 20 bucks from big w and projects lights onto the roof while playing lulabies things like that have always been affective with Asha.. Also she could try something like bruar calm a natural calming medicine ive seen, infants friend, or rescue remedy (though rescue remedy does have some alcohol it is safe for bubs but some ppl dnt feel comfortable with that).. baby bedtime bath or bedtime lotion with lavendar or massage oil with lavendar, a little on the temples can be very calming... lulabies or clasical music played on a cd player or radio.. wrapping up tight.. a dummy if he will take one? if worst comes to worst she could rock in a pram if he likes the pram though that could lead to bad habbits.. theres always tricillian house if she gets too desperate heard they are really great..
    md- yeah its kinda funny hey tmw is steak potato salad and corn lol something so simple now that then i would have said well how the hell do i cook steak and what goes in potato salad.. sometimes i forget how far ive come its nice to be reminded lol gonna attempt spinach and ricotta caneloni friday too lol we will see how i go with that one haha.. i think its a big part ww influence i still have unhealthy thoughts but most of the time they arent leading to unhealthy habbits, wanna be a good role model for Asha but its gonna take time...
    gracie - ive still got about 5 to go lol i am thinner now than pre - preg but tbh i wasnt thin then either lol

Hayley, two words: wrap & pat. The patting can be done through the bars of the cot, its better than rocking. But you need to pat firmly & rhythmically, a light quick patpatpat doesn't work at all. Has she asked at her MACH clinic about a daytime sleep seminar???

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast