Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #19

Bilby - Try some natural sleep spray. You spray it under your tongue. It helps me when I'm having a bad night.

Sherie - Aww poor Alister, that sounds terrible! I hope it heals soon.

Renee - Is Rory still going well on his solids?

Maydean - How was DD's first week at school?

Haley, I'm PMSL about your petrol station troubles lol. Don't feel bad though, I worked at a petrol station back in the day and there are a lot of people (all girls lol) that don't know how to do it. I had to ask once when I got a new car and couldn't get the petrol hatch to open - turns out there is a lever inside the car.

The woman must have thought I was the biggest ditz out. I still blush when I think about it!!

I have put a new pic up in my gallery of Maddie. I just took it before, her cheeks have all of a sudden come up all red. I dont know if its sunburn, as we were out at a park today, although we did keep under shade. Unless she got windburn? Also she has been drooling like a mad girl since I noticed it and has had the teether stuck in her gob for awhile as you can see in the pic. So I'm hoping its teeth, if its sunburn I am VERY naughty, big slap on the wrist for me. How could I have forgotten the sunscreen!?

hello ladies
    last tues when b/f T i had what it seemed like uterus contractions - two big ones. Is this normal? could my uterus STILL be contracting? has anyone else had these feelings 4 months later?

hi everyone! question on breastfeeding....have got a hard lump on my breast and think that this is milk clogged up. i tried massaging and expressing but i couldn't get 5 mls expressing. (oh this was after feeding max). anyway, lump's there and it's getting me worried. is this mastitis? no fever though. and it's painful when i rub but i think that coz' i was massaging it earlier so now it feels a bit bruise-y. any tips on getting rid of it?
    also, hayley, don't worry, i don't know how to fill the car up either. in fact, i've never done it! in manila, all service stations have attendants to fill it up for you. all you do is sit at the car and wait for them to fill it up and then give them your credit card and then they come back to the car for you to sign for it. and when we were on christmas island, they also had someone filling it up for you. and here in brisbane, i've always made sure that dp filled it up before i took the car. and the one time i had to fill the car up, i had my brother in law with me who did it for me. lol

hi supab! sorry can't help you coz i don't even know what that feels like. hope it's nothing.

supab - i was talking about this with a friends mum and she said she got contrax breastfeeding for ages it can happen unfortunately hope it dosnt happen again...

Hayley - LOL that petrol story was hilarious though I remember feeling just like that the 1st time I ever did it.
    What is sleep spray and where would i get it?
    Contractions - thats weird! No i haven't experienced anything like that at all. Had lots of other weird things happen but not that. Will be interested to hear if you find out...bit freaky for you.

Bilby, you can get sleep spray from the chemist. There is a Rescue Remedy one and a couple of other brands. Are you BF? I would ask the chemist first if you are.

Fianne, someone else will probably know better but I would suggest a warm bath/shower and to massage it in there. I think you are meant to go in a circular motion and work from the back down towards the nipple.

SupaB, not sure about the contraction pain. I had them for a couple of weeks after the birth but not random ones. I still feel sick when I am feeding -I can't eat or talk about food or I want to chuck.

Supa, I had that occasionally, pretty rare though (the last one was last week) If W sucks long enough (he is usually a quick feeder) then I can feel something like the contraction pains in the early months. But see how you feel over the next few days, if you still experience that continuously you might want to ask someone?

Fianne, sounds like blocked milk duct to me? Try to feed Max on that breast more often and position her chin on the lumpy area. A gentle massage towards the nipple while feeding can also help (also massage while you're taking a hot shower). Oh, you might want to use hot compress before feeding. This is just based on my experience, perhaps someone else here can give better advice than me ...
    Hope the lump goes away soon and doesnt turn to anything worse.
    If its still painful, you may want to call ABA or post something in the BF section?

Sorry havent had the chance to read the previous posts. Hope everyone is getting a good sleep tonight

I had a big long post typed out but I lost it...grrrr.

Hayley I am sure the petrol station attendent has seen it tones of times. We have one easy suit, once you get the hang of it they seem fine. Like all bonds stuff though you need a bigger size. My cheeks were the same as Maddies when I was getting teeth, if thats what it is I hope they are as painless as possible.

Supa I still get random contraction pain, its not very painful though so I dont worry about it.

Fianne I would put a warm washer on at the next feed and see if that clears it up. If it starts to get hot or painful or your worried then go to the Dr.

MD well done on scoring a book, we don't get anything

Bilby sorry I have no suggestions regarding the sleep, I hope you manage to catch a few zzz's soon though.

Pregpan good luck with FDC or a nanny, I imagine its hard enough putting bub in care let alone not being 100% comfortable with the care choice.

Noni I have been thinking about signing up to netball again. Sounds like your going great and getting into the exercise, just make sure you don't over do it you don't want to injur yourself or wear yourself out to much.

I hope Jazmum and LP pop in soon.

I cant remember anything else,so I am sorry to everyone I forgot. I hope all the bubbas who have needles recently are doing well. I have Logans 6 month shots next month, OMG 6 months already. Guess I should finish my cuppa and hit the hay.

Ozstar, we didn't get a book either. And they call QLD the Smart State.

DH had his last day at work today and has gone out for a company 'dinner' (read free booze up)

I have just been looking at the reputation points thing. I had no idea but you can give points to people for good posts! You can also see what posts people have given them to you for.

Gosh, so many posts last night!

Pregpan hun, try not to feel bad about yesterday, you gave it a try and you don't really like it, so now you just look at other avenues. Think of it this way though, it's a good thing you trialled it now instead of when you were back at work and had no choice kwim? If you can afford a nanny, then get one - I think you will be much happier with that situation. With the solids, just stick to farex and mix it to a somewhat sloppy consistency with EBM or use a fruit puree as they will be less likely to give him bowel troubles than going straight for the veges. So happy that N didn't have another bad reaction.

Hayley, Don't feel silly - some pumps are really hard to use. With our car we have fuel cards from caltex and BP and I only use the BP one locally as the pumps at the caltex are really hard to use - once I even stopped using it and went in and complained about it because it kept clicking off and they did it for me and said that it happens often. So I had to pay for 90cents of fuel and then the rest of it LOL. Maddys cheeks could either be a bit windburnt/chaffed or it could be from teething - my older three all got real rosy red cheeks with teething. I used to put a bit of sudocreme on them to help keep it moist and not dry out so much that it stung.

SupaB, Hi!! how is T? It could be that you might be getting AF back again soon or it could just be one of those things. If you are worried about it or it gets worse, then go and see your GP or ask your MCHN.

Fianne, how is the lump today?

Marydean, I'm not surprised E is that long - she looked really long the other day. I think she will be a gorgeous tall girl like H.

Katie, it still blows my mind to think that they will all be 6mths next month.

jaz, how is everyone settling back into the school routine? Did Z start kinder this year?

Bilby, I don't know what to suggest hun. Is it your work keeping you awake at night? Can you try to delegate time to it in the morning so you can use the rest of the day to wind down from work and not think about it? I hope you can get some decent sleep soon.

Noni, I haven't played netball since I was pg with Paige (stopped at 13wks) I would love to get back to it, but with DH's shiftwork, I wont always be able to get there.

Alister is another one who likes to have the blanket up near his face to sleep, and Paige was exactly the same and still does it with her blankie. I even took photos of him doing it the other day as all you could see was the top of his head and a little bit of arm LOL. Its waffle weave blanket, so its pretty breathable, but I pull it back off his face once he is asleep

I have no excuse not to exercise now - I have the treadmill all set up in our room rearing to go. I'm really excited about getting into it though.

With me having to give Alister the infants friend and then having the RV vacc, he is so not ready for solids - he has a bit of trouble swallowing it, so even if I wanted to, he's just not ready for them yet. And his skin is shocking ATM too. His dermatologist appt is on Wed so I haven't used anything on his skin for nearly 2wks so the Dr could see it in its full glory. He has really red sore looking patches over his knuckles, which is made worse by him having his fingers in his mouth all the time too. His bum is fine now though. I had been giving him a few extra doses of infants friend as it apparently keeps the regular and its really softened his poos up.

Hi to everyone else!

Sherie - This excema is a real pain for bubs isnt it. I have been doing alot of reading about it and I was suprised to find out that its actually really common. I'm sure the dermatologist can find something to help Alisters skin. Meanwhile Maddie's little patch on her face has really cleared up, I stopped using Johnsons products and switched to cetaphil and also just used paw paw ointment.

Arte - How do you look at reputation points? Dont think I'd have any, lol my advice always seems to come out all over the place. Cant get my words together!! How has DH pulled up this morning after his night on the booze? Oh my gosh I wonder why you feel sick while feeding? Is it like morning sickness all over again? Yuck.

Katie - 6 months is fast approaching thats for sure. Before we know it they will be toddling around and then we will know all about it! I dont want my baby to grow up too quickly

Pregpan - How are you going with sorting out Noah's care?

Fianne - How is the lump going? Have you sorted it out? Is it painful still? Sorry I cant be of much help but we arent BFing.

Maddie's cheeks are still red today, but I'm still confused whether its wind burn or teething. All morning she has been grabbing at my hands and pulling them to her mouth. Also last night we discovered a massive lump on her gum. I'm hoping its teeth. Anyway I have learnt my lesson big time, slip slop slap silly silly me. And considering I spent time on the phone to my sister a few days ago lecturing her about being out in the sun at the beach for too long haha.

Also just wondering, who here has a dog at home and how does it react around baby? DP wants to get a dog but I keep saying no, only because I am scared. Especially seeing as yesterday in the park, there were a couple of dogs wondering around and they kept coming over to us, where we had the babies on the picnic rugs. Everytime they came close I picked Maddie up and stood up, as did some of the other ladies. Its just scary because animals can be so unpredictable, whereas on the other hand we grew up with a rodhesian ridgeback (spelling?) and he was a very gentle dog, who would actually growl if strangers approached us kids.

Hayley, if its windburn sunscreen wont help a great deal - it does help, but windburn is different to sunburn because its more like a chaffing. Its always a problem when we take the kids in the boat - Dh and I get it too. With the dog situation, if you got a puppy, they would be fine with Maddy, as they are growing up with her kwim? Im a bit weary of strange dogs too. Even our dog has been known to snap at the kids if they pulled her tail or walk past while shes eating, but now they've learnt not to go too near her (she is fed at her kennel, but if the kids walk too close for her liking she will snap or bark at them) and not to pull her tail.

For the rep points, if you go into the user control panel, right down the bottom you can see how many points you have and the last 10 comments you've been given by other members. You also get them for post count and duration as a member. You have some Hayley because you have a green square just under your post count. Its a lovely idea and a way to let other members know you've appreciated their advice or just that you agree with what someone has said. You can choose to turn it off though if you want.

Re sunburn/windburn, I've always found a bit of moisturiser helps with the windburn - it stings a bit tho when you first put it on but feels better a while afterwards. Hayley, is M pink on her nose as well? If it's toothy rash, the top of her nose prolly won't be pink, although they can get a saliva rash around their nostrilly area too when the teething's really bad!

SupaB - if you're worried ask your MACH nurse/dr...it makes sense that you might still feel it sometimes as it's still the same hormone (oxytocin) that causes let down AND uterine contractions (including orgasm) they call it the luuuuuuurve hormone ROFL!

Hayley, I think with dogs and children both parties need to be trained how to behave around the other. My first dog Beags (now under the apple tree) was perfect with DD1, understood she was a little human from day dot and was just as good natured with her as everyone else. However, our current little dog is a bit nervous, so he's kept away & they are supervised together for short periods. He's not snappy or bitey, but we just don't know. We're always really careful to keep E higher then him (for dogs height is a measure of social status) so if she's playing on the floor, he leaves the room, if she's in her chair, he can stay in the room, etc). JMO, but I wouldn't be getting a puppy right now, too many unpredictables with the littlies, either leave it for a couple of years or get an older dog that is known to be well behaved. If you get them from the RSPCA they are temperament tested and matched to suitable families.

BTW, I'm ROFL about your petrol station adventure, you're never too old to learn something new!

Fianne, if you have a lump, keep massaging it in long strokes towards the nipple (if you can do this while you're feeding/expressing even better) and a warm facewasher or the heat from the shower might help too. It's not mastitis until it shows any of these signs of becoming inflamed - red, hot to the touch, increasing pain, fever or flu-like symptoms (I kid you not you can get a cough and everything!) is a sign to get to the drs for some ABs quick as you can. Often you can clear the blockage before it gets that bad though. Hope it's starting to feel better!

Sherie, i really should get H's blue book out and compare it with E. I wouldn't be surprised if she's taller than H in the long run, the younger kids often are, aren't they?

Noni, Yay for Tarry, what excellent news! I bet your friend is relieved too! Well done on getting out there an exercising, I've still been a bit slack with that! My goal is to be able to walk up to the school (steep hill) without feeling like I'm about to pass out LOL - well sitting here isn't helping me do it!

Pregpan, did you go to the GP for N's needles...we were at the MACH clinic and I think they just routinely hand them out. Don't fret though, the vegetable book's pretty unexciting! Noni, we didn't get the Possum Magic one either, but that might've been a special book week thing, or just that particular state.

Katie, enjoy your day of being pampered today! Sounds loooooovely!

Bilby, not sleeping, that's awful. I do this breathing thing when I can't sleep, you breathe in slowly, hold, breathe out slowly then HOLD, etc...it's a Chi Kung thing and it works for me every time. Other thing, just check that you're not too hot/cold, sometimes it's the simple things that work the best.

Hope everyone else is having a gorgeous day, it's cool but sunny here today, my favorite weather!

Hayley - We had to give away our lab x retriever a month ago. He was a very very hyper dog....I mean he was a very active breed! We couldn’t walk out the back without him jumping all over us and licking us. We couldn’t take Rory out the back because he just didn’t understand that Rory wasn’t a play toy. Our 4 year old staffy couldn’t get a break either! It was our fault, we didn’t realise how much training a dog like that needed! And my being pg during his puppy stage didn’t help, I was so tired that I didn’t take him to training. Arghh to cut a long story short he is with a fantastic family with teenage kids, they take him to the beach & the park. They sent us some photo's and he looks like a brand new dog, it brought tears to my eyes!
    Sooo what im trying to say is, make sure you pick a breed that suites you. Put a lot of work into the training. Continue to introduce Maddy and the puppy as much as you can, let them interact together and she will have a friend for life!!

Does everyone's Dr fill out bubs purple book??? Everytime I take Rory in for his Scheduled check ups the dr checks his heart, weight AND thats it. He just signs off the purple book. Is this right? Shouldnt he be checking Rory over thoroughly as shown in the book?

You mean the blue book? When I take Alister to the MCHN, she fills in the details of his weight etc in the consultations part, but when he has a scheduled check, she marks off everything and then signs it. Drs are notorious for not doing them properly though LOL.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast