Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #25

Jazmum, are you sure you can't remember from the cold or has your brain dropped out permanently like mine? I was just in the "your body after birth" section to post about my complete and ongoing loss of short term memory when I found another post and FORGOT COMPLETELY why I was looking in there. LOL Oh dear, I can't remember words either, I keep saying 'um you know the thingy thing' *sigh*. It doesn't help that I just finished a novel about a man with a brain tumour so now I'm completely paranoid as well as not being able to remember that I've been meaning to google "memory loss after birth".

Re your expressing question. I was so freaked out the first day I tried and got only 40 mls that I decided to leave it a few days before trying again. Since then E is eating more solids and has just learnt how to suck on her cup (big big big WooHoo) and she drank said 40mls of EBM this morning from her sippy cup instead of spitting it all down her front. Funnily enough she did her excited breathing that she does just before she has boobie so she 'knew' what it was. So now I'm feeling like it's not a complete waste of my time persevering with the expressing. I have however decided to drop the notion of expressing in order to cook with the EBM - I'll just be freezing for future drinking, and I'll cook with rice milk instead. Umm what was the question again (I know, long winded reply). Oh yes, best to do it in the morning when your supply is up, but really in practice it will work best when you're relaxed and not under pressure. If you're really tricky you can express one boob while bubs is feeing on the other (helps with the let down) but right now I think I'd need a 3rd hand for that! I really have no clue about the formula but I'm pretty keen to avoid it as we're not going to do dairy until E is closer to 1 yo. Pregpan might have some ideas as she's just started N on it and sounds like it's going pretty well for them.

Ooh ooh ooh - I recognise those gorgeous blue peepers Gracie - that's an excellent picture in the catalogue!

ETA - Noni - Pooh to your GP. I remember when DD1 was born they said babies couldn't smile for real until after the 6-8 week mark and we all know that's not true! I think our babies actually do and say a lot more than we think they do, we're just not always paying attention to the very subtle ways they do it!

Gracie I found it. Its a close up of his handsome little face, no wonder I thought he looked different lmao.

yah Jaz!!! you're a champion!
    i just googled it and found it, that's the first time i've seen the picture in the actual catalogue, it's my chubby little man!

md- i know what you mean about forgetting everything, i am an absolute shocker. i have trouble completing a full load of washing these days, i get half way through and forget i'm even doing it, then walk past later and notice the machine is half full!

thanks md - so how long after the morning feed do you express? I don't really want to go down the formula track either. It's just so easy for me to breastfeed. I think i might need to keep away from the dairy too - i've given hannah some yoghurt twice, and each time she has thrown it up. Can you give rice milk now? I've also been adding boiled water to Hannah's rice cereal.
    you must be such a proud mumma Gracie!!!

i'm very proud....i'll be even prouder if he gets the Target gig in the morning! lmao

Jazmum I fed on one boob and expressed on the other about half an hour later. I was really stressed at only getting 40 mls using my pump as I got nearly that with a quick round of hand expressing last week, but I guess if we're using it only occasionally I can freeze that and then keep adding to it in layers until I've got a decent amount. I think DD1 was 8 months when I saw the dietician and she toldme about rice milk but said to get the so natural brand (can't remember why but when I looked at my notes So Natural was underlined). I only use a tiny amount in cooking because it's not suitable to replace breastmilk or formula at this age. I would also give it to her in a cup on the odd occasion if I was caught out away from her and there was no EBM available, but not on a regular basis at this stage. I find it really handy for things like weetbix but also for cooking semolina and cornflour-based custards, which when you're not doing yoghurt or milk yet is pretty damn handy. If you think H has had a reaction to the dairy it might be worth seeing a dietician yourself??

thank you for all the wedding wishes. will try to post some photos. we actually have the wedding on the net but since we can?t post links....

katie, yes, max was at the wedding. unfortunately not in costume coz? i really didn?t have the time to go looking for something in theme. and i?d bought her so much clothes already i figured she can wear something that i?ve just bought.

everyone congratulations on the milestones that your little ones have achieved (asha-sitting and saying dada, logan-crawling, rory-saying nanna, katie-rolling, etc). isn?t it such a treat to watch them be able to do stuff?

how are all the babies who?ve just had the needles? hope all good. still haven?t got my head around when max will get her next lot.

hayley and katie, no real tumbles here. just a few knocks on the head when she?s on fours and head butts things like the side of her cot. or when she falls backwards from sitting position....onto the quilt which i?ve got on top of the carpet. hope that padding?s enough to prevent real injuries. but one thing i?ve noticed is that she?s started to cry when she does these things. she didn?t used to.

cassius2, just a note on getting a stroller in italy, might be good to do some research before you decide on that since you don?t know what?s available to you there. check with rellos. i had my sister buy stuff for me before i got there.

feeding and mess....got tray for the bumbo and have been feeding max in the bumbo. it?s been quite good and not too messy. only when she sneezes right after i put a spoonful of food in. have tried carrots and sweet potato and she liked them both...well, she ate them. but definitely likes pear.

md/anyone, what?s an ergo?

noni, sounds like you get quite a workout with your netball. doing 2 meals a day at the moment. still only rice cereal in the morning but been doing purees for lunch. sorry about the house. a better one is probably waiting for you.

hayley, nope, not originally from the u.s. but 5 out of 8 of us kids live there plus my mom for some part of the year (dad?s passed away years ago) so it?s sort of ?home-ish? to me. i took 3 cans of karicare with me when we went. also, they?re pretty relaxed with baby stuff at the airport (i.e. nappy rash cream was in max?s change mat bundle and not in a clear plastic bag like all creams and liquids are supposed to be). and flying out of the u.s., they actually allowed me through with a thermos of hot water. the TSA guy who saw it had to clear it with his supervisor first but that wasn?t a hassle. they should allow you through with food in jars as well. recommend to have unopened ones though. and know what the country you?re going to will allow (i.e. i know that the u.s. is pretty strict on importing products with meat so i would avoid that). don?t blame you for changing room type. i wouldn?t mind rooms close to each other (like across the hall) but DEFINITELY NOT adjoining rooms with connecting doors!!!

clothing......is everyone already out of their 000?s? max still fits into hers. i?ve got her in a mix of 000s and 00s. well, u.s. clothing is by months not 00s so i have her in 3-6 mos, 6 mos, and 9 mos clothes.

welcome leigh and ruby! you?ll enjoy this thread as all the ladies here are just great.

d?oh!!!! And duh! i didn?t connect that ?trillian? was sherie!!! was wondering what everyone was talking to sherie about when i haven?t seen any posts from her....or so i thought. anyway, glad to hear a?s fine now.

pregpan, n?s gorgeous....still. and that hair!!! and he?s such a little boy now! it?s so cute how we?ve (all) never met but have seen how our bub?s have grown.

teeth, since max popped the 2 bottom one, no new one has appeared. don?t see any signs of them coming anytime soon either.

shopping in the u.s. for winter stuff was so good. the little that i was able to shop that is. osh kosh had this sale of stuff for nothing over us$3.99. got a fair bit there. bought her some tights and caps and such for us$1.99. dh got her a pair of boots (like the yellow-ish ones that construction workers wear) for us$3.99. not for wear til she?s probably 1 ? though. so i bought some clothes for her to grow into. (i.e. next winter?s stuff). also got myself a pair of bass ankle length boots. original price was way over us$100+ but since i was buying at the outlet mall it was down to $70+ but since winter?s over and they were the last few pairs it was further 75%, or something crazy like that, off and i got it for under $30. nice soft leather. great buy. and my sister got max this ski jumper (her kids went skiing in canada) for $1.99!!!! don?t think max will ever be wearing that though since we don't ski.

belated happy birthday c?smumma

leanne, hope jordan?s better and glad to hear that Xavier is.

renee, hope your aunty gets better and tests will show that nothing to worry about.
    hugs for your mum.

gracie, saw your handsome man. He?s just gorgeous!

cally, glad to hear sleep clinic worked for you.

ok...it?s taken me about 2 hours (or more) to do this post. think i?ve covered most if not all personals. sorry for any that i?ve missed. really can?t afford not to post for a day with this chatty group. *wink

Gracie, just googled the spotlight ad, he is gorgeous! I hear that Peter Jackson has a (multi-million dollar) holiday house around here, do you want me to put out some feelers and see if we can hook Lewis up a part in his next big flick lol?

Fianne, sounds like you got some good bargains in the US. With the crying when she falls over, do you race over and pick her up? DH tends to and it made W start crying but if I clap and talk to him he gets distracted and doesn't cry. I think that if you make a big deal over a little spill that it turns them into cry babies (obviously if he has hit hard and is upset I give him cuddles)

MD, I am with you on the bad memory. I thought it was from lack of sleep. DH is getting p!ssed at me because not only do I not remember conversations but I apparently say something different every time lol. It is getting me down a bit actually, I used to be quite intelligent and now I always feel vague and dimwitted. I often forget words or use a similar but incorrect replacement ie I say table instead of chair, fork instead of knife etc.

Ozstar, hope your tiredness is just some readjusting. Have you had your iron checked recently? You just had a baby, are BF and if you have AF back then you could be at risk for low iron. Or is there any chance of another bun in the oven lol?

Noni, I agree with your doctor about the babble. W has said mummm and mama quite a few times but it doesn't mean anything to him, just sounds. I am not counting anything as a first word until it seems that he actually knows the meaning (JaZmum, I would count H's Hi as a word if she is doing it when she waves lol)

Six school kids and a teacher drowned yesterday about 30minutes from here at an outdoors adventure centre. So sad.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789