Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #16

Default Babies Born September 2007 #16

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

Fianne that was me missing the tired signs, I am slowly getting better. I think Logan just fights his sleep cause he knows it drives me mental lol.

Sherie glad A is going great with the AR formula. Logan LOVES looking at himself in the mirror, especially if he is in the nude. Such a little show pony....just like his dad lmao.

Arte I have pm'd you back. Cant wait to catch up. Us QLD girls will have to all try and get together one of these days.

Noni well done on the weight loss.

Had Logan weighed today he is 7.3kg no idea how long though, will have to get out the tape measure. Our clinic only weighs each week and does a one on one appointment at certain ages, his next one is 6 months (the last was 2 weeks old). He put on 325g this week, such a chubba. Well I shoudl really be in bed after getting no sleep last night, I always come in to turn the computer off and think I will just check BB and end up being on here for half an hour.

hey just wanted to ask too is anyone else losing hair?? i am losing soooo much i am worried i am gonna end up bald!!!!
    re the swimming thing do u think i should put my stuff in a locker and just keep an eye on the pram? where would i put the key for the locker? i really wanna take Ash swimming i think she would really like it considering how much she enjoyed my mums spa mybe i will wait till dp is home and we can go in the car idk... should probably stay home tmw and clean anyway place is terrible but i am just not motivated about it just dnt care atm!!
    i am so anxious about this stupid plane trip i feel like i will vomit.. i dnt wanna go anymore its too stressful i really wanna see my friend but sometimes i feel like i would rather die than get on a plane idk whats wrong with me atm!!

Noni, I just load up the pram and walk down. I leave all my stuff in it but it is parked beside the pool. I think you would be o.k if you put the valuables in a locker and kept an eye on the pram. You could tuck the locker key under a blanket or something, or you could ask if you could tuck the stroller behind the counter, sometimes people are nice.
    I have been losing a tonne of hair. I just need to run my fingers through it and I get a handful. I only have thin hair and am worried about getting a bald patch. Will is pulling out a fair bit too.

Cally, forgot to say earlier that it is really cute when bubs put their feet in their mouths. W has started to grab his feet but hasn't realised that they can reach to his mouth yet. Hope you get some good photos of it.
    Last edited by Artechim; January 17th, 2008 at 07:53 AM.

Katie, I do that too - like right now I should be in the shower and then doing the ironing, but I swear this computer has a magnet in it . I put Alister in front of the mirror tonight when he had his bath and he looked at the mirror, I spoke and then he looked back at me all weird LOL, I reckon if he could talk he would have said 'what the?"

Noni, I thought I would be losing hair now, as mine is still really thick (and it was thick to start with) and the last time I had it cut, I had it thinned out, but it still isn't falling out yet.

Oh Queenie, I hear you on the big lathery between the boobs - I have copped it from all 4 of them over the years. DH thinks it's hilarious, but there is nothing worse than warm baby spew between your boobs.

Hi everyone, Just checking in & catching up... busy day ahead

Noni ~ When we went swimming i parked the pram next to the pool & laid Scarlets towel in it so i could put her straight in & dry her off then leave her there while i dried off. Tuck your key into your bikini or you could pop it on your necklace .

needles today & a pap for me YAY! I don't even want to go, i feel so bad when she gets her needles... Has to be done though.

I applied for a TAFE course in art yesterday & the receptionist said she didn't think i'd get in & they'd let me know in a few weeks but they called me back about 3 minutes after i emailed the pictures of my paintings & let me in! WHOOHOO - It's a night class a few days per week so i hope DF does okay here.
    I'm also doing a short course in baby photography at Starshots, I got the last place for that too so i'm stoked.

congrats & good luck in your courses lp! also GL w/ needles & pap.

LP - well done on getting into your courses. That should be great and I'm sure DF will be fine at home. Good luck with your doctors visit today.

K is sitting on the desk next to me and she is mesmerised by my fingers typing away!!

Arte - Haven't got a photo yet of the feet in the mouth. She can only do it when she doesn't have her nappy on which means its a bit dangerous standing down the end of the change table - DH almost got squirted yesterday!!

K didn't get a fever from her needles yesterday like she did last time, but she had an unsettled night. Fed at 7 then 12, 2:30 and 5:15!!

Noni - I am losing heaps of hair. The shower drain looks quite disgusting after I've washed my hair.

Taking K in to see her Nan this afternoon while I am at the beautician. Looking forward to that, the legs are getting pretty hairy!

hi everyone
    lp - congratulations on getting accepted into the course. The baby photography one sounds good too.
    noni - my hair falls out alot too. Generally around this time for each of my girls. It itches when it gets stuck in my bra!! lol.
    how often does everyones bubs poo? Hannah can go once a week, and she is starting to make grunting noises. Her poos (when she does them) are normal ie. yellow and runny. She has been waking up a lot during the night, and last night i gave her some boiled water as she seemed to be in a little pain. I didn't have any bottles or anything, so just used the dropper from her Brauers colic relief stuff. The water had been sitting in the kettle all day too!! i'd better get my act together.
    hannah is having her needles today too. not looking forward to it at all.

I applied for a TAFE course in art yesterday & the receptionist said she didn't think i'd get in & they'd let me know in a few weeks but they called me back about 3 minutes after i emailed the pictures of my paintings & let me in! WHOOHOO - LP I'm totally stoked for you! Wow what an affirmation of your talent, remember me when you have your first gallery opening!!!

My computer's got a magnet in it, - one of those huge industrial electrical ones LMAO. Pity it switches off when I'm supposed to be doing 'real' work haha.

Noni, nope, not losing any hair, but it's gone two or three shades DARKER than usual. Go figure. Had my hair done yesterday and even the hairdresser was surprised at how dark it is.

Jazmum, we had nearly a week there where E didn't poo at all, then about 8 over 24 hours. good luck with needles.
    Last edited by AnyDream; January 17th, 2008 at 11:46 AM.

Jazmum - K goes about twice a day. She makes grunting noises too and gets such a look of concentration on her face.

Hey does anyone else feel weird when they see the new Sept belly buddies thread - I get a shock every time. Hard to imagine that a year ago we all finding out we were pregnant and wondering when the morning sickness would start LOL!

lol md someties when i am not concentrating i click on it and go in and its like hold on a minute lol.. it is strange isnt it cant believe time is flying so fast!!

Gawd some of us have been chatting for over a year & 1/2!!!

LP - Thats great news on getting into TAFE. Well done. Your paintings are amazing Hope your Drs visit wasnt too bad today.

Rory has just discovered his tounge haha. He starts chatting away with his tounge sticking out. He makes the strangest noises!! So darn cute! Ahhh I could talk about him forever

Well better put Rory down for his afternoon nap Its soooooooo hot here!

Renee - It is so hot isnt it!! Its terrible I'm not going to venture out today thats for sure.

Hayley - Wow thats great that you got into Tafe! Also the baby photography will come in handy! Sounds like fun. Hope the doc's visit went well.

Marydean - I still cant believe how fast time has gone. I still cant believe I've got my bubba in my arms! When I see pregnant ladies I want to be pregnant again and feel the movements, but when I was pregnant all I wanted was for her to be out so I could start being a mum!

Jazmum - Maddie does on average one a day. She really grunts as well its so funny. Hope Hannah's needles went well.

Sherie - I wouldnt worry about Alister not smiling back at his reflection yet. Sounds like he is doing very well in all other areas.

Katie - Aw I've got a chubba too. Sounds like Logan is doing very well!

Arte - Maddie is at the same stage as Will with having discovered the feet, but not realising yet that she can put them into her mouth. Isnt it so cute!!!

hello all
    well Asha ate her veggies tonight i was worried when we tried sweet potato and she didnt like it but she loved fruit but tonight we tried sweet potato and corn and she loved it seems the plain sweet potato was just too bland for her maybe...
    having a bit of a clothing crisis with this bloody weather!! Asha is just going into 00 but most the clothes she has are kinda going outish frilly things that shes been given that arent too practical lol u have to go hunting through the drawer to find something suitable and then today its been cold and rainy out of no where so thats even harder lol.. went and bought a bonds long sleved suit and track pants as well as two summer suits and the other day we bought a few just regular summer suits lol ive really gotta go through her drawers and separate the practical from the not so practical so especially dp can find something to dress her in lol...
    lp - congrats on the tafe!! now u know its not just us who say ur paintings are really good!!!
    jazmum - Asha poos every 2-3 days but its usually alot lol

Sherie, I tried out the mirror thing but it has dangly and rattle bits on it and he was far more interested in eating it lol.

LP, congrats on your course placings. Must have been a nice boost to the ego getting accepted so quickly after emailing your pics.

Haley, I also keep thinking I want my big belly back when I see the preg ladies around (luckily I still have a fair share of it lol)

JaZ, W goes every day but always skips a couple of days when he is having a growth spurt.

Noni, I have to have sorted piles of practical and non practical for DH too. W mostly dresses in full suits, or the short arm/leg ones if we are going out in the heat. I haven't bothered with fancy pants for ages.

Katie, see you tomorrow. BTW my name is Jodie. I will be the one who rocks up 10 minutes late looking lost and bewildered! (there is a pic in my gallery too).

W is still being a grump pot after his vaccinations. He usually only grizzles but today he has been fully crying. Poor bubba. The smiles are starting to come back though, hopefully he has a decent sleep tonight.
    Last edited by Artechim; January 17th, 2008 at 05:05 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast