Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #27

Default Babies Born September 2007 #27

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-26-a.html

Morning everyone.

MD - Sorry you are having such a hard time. It takes just over a week for you to get the letter from QE2 with the admission date on it. And then you just have to count down the weeks until you can go in. Fingers crossed it all happens quickly. Also, my sister goes to the clinic at Woden and there's only ever been a couple of people ahead of her, it's on Mondays.

K went to bed last night at 6:45. She woke at 10:56 - DH came in and said 'I'll resettle her, the nurses said we shouldn't feed her until 11' (He's a bit of a stickler for rules). So I went back to sleep. She woke again at 6:15, played happily in her cot for 30 minutes then I got her up and fed her. WOW! Don't know how long it took DH to settle her though. But maybe she doesn't really need the overnight feed anymore.

And we've had poo. Had about 36 hours where there was a little one every 3 hours or so. We're sticking with the plums and pears for a while though just to make sure she doesn't get backed up again. Her nappy rash has really flared up again too, looks really sore.

Cassius - glad that L is OK now. Must have been scary having to head off to the doctors.

Noni - hope those teeth pop through soon.

Better go, someone wants their cereal.

hi everyone
    Renee I must have missed something with R choking?? i will read back but poor you... this is my number 1 fear, i worry we are holding back with finger foods too much bc of fears of this but man is it scary hey... N did have a little session on sat night when i was giving him bits of fish when we thought he was choking, i think it was just gagging but it was AWFUL!
    Cally - amazing sleep last night! wow the qe2 really has brought you along.. LOL at your DH being such a stickler... but it worked for you last night!!! what are you using for the nappy rash? i use a weleda cream (more prevention here as we are lucky not to have had nappy rash) which is great and one of my friends also recoemmended desitin as the only thing that helped with her bub.
    MD how are you today?
    better go, sorry to anyone i missed... just got N to sleep and i have many errands to do!
    YAY work over for the week - i can enjoy N!
    back later
    xxx

well last night was better but still not good lol we had 3 wake ups.. and one she actually drank a bottle.. which is good because shes not drinking more than about 160mls at a time atm but i think i might need some quicker flowing teats on these new bottles atm she has the cross cut ones but i am not sure about them seems to take a very long time for her to drink a bottle...
    renee - i think i missed the choking incident too?? my friends bub is constantly choking on his own drool!! i wouldnt have thought it could happen but he does..
    pregpan - i hate it when asha gags lol she does it when she dosnt like something little bugger!!!
    cally - asha has been a bit constipated too we use paw paw cream for nappy rash and it works really well!!

Hi all, thanks for your support. Am hanging in here, had only 3 hrs sleep last night. I didn't post in here yesterday because I was holding my breath. I'd had an idea, thought maybe E was having a recurrence of reflux. Dosed her on Zantac on Tues night and she slept right through until 2, got up for an hour then slept through to 7.30. I thought Woohoo I've finally worked it out. However it seems like it was just a freak occurrence. She was up again most of the night last night. Slept only between 3 and 6. Well actually I settled her back to sleep probably a dozen times between midnight and 3 but she just keeps waking up 5, 10, 15, 20 mins later. I'm hanging on the brink of doing controlled crying. Last night DH had the freaking nerve to whine to me on the phone about how hard he's working on his two week all expenses paid tour of Turkey, I swear if I don't speak to him again until he gets home it won't be too soon. Oh and to cap it all off AF arrived (probably explaining my depression earlier this week) and it's a humdinger. Had to dig my leftover maternity pads out of the cupboard. Ok, well she's asleep now so I'm off to bed. Not sure if I'll BBl for personals but I'm reading and thinking of you all. xxx

PS oh and she's crawling, now, properly sometimes but also a combo of rolling, crabbing sideways and sliding commando-style around on her tum. Roving around the family room picking at all the bits of fluff off the carpet. Poor Boston Fluffychops doesn't know what's hit him LOL.

ohhh md i hope u get a good sleep now while shes sleeping!! its awful when they just keep waking!! do u think it could be teething? ashas been like that since her teeth started coming through.. maybe a dose of nurofen before bed?? bah men winge about everything dont they!! dp was complaining last night about how tired he was etc etc when just that morning i was in tears over having no sleep.. he just sleeps through when she has a bad night!!

im on the brink of telling Dh to leave...seriously!

Renee, are you o.k? Hope you can sort it out. I have been on the brink of ending it a couple of times since W was born, it isn't a very nice situation to be in. How is your aunt?

MD, hope you got a decent nap while E was sleeping. Noni could be on the right track with teeth, maybe they are on their way? Maybe a dose of nurofen is a good idea anyways, won't hurt her but might buy you a bit more sleep?

Art - That helps to know someone has gone through it. Its the first time I have told anyone that things are not 'perfect'. Im trying to cover up the fact that things arent great to everyone else. I dont want anyone to think im a failure. When its good its great, when its bad its horrible. We werent like this before Rory was born and yet he was the best thing to happen to both of us...
    My Aunty is still waiting on her results! They were meant to be in by Monday, JESUS you think they would put a rush on a test like that!!

MD- I hope once AF p!sses off you will be feeling a bit better. Ever watch Futurama? (If you havent stop reading coz ill sound nutty) I soooo wish every mother had one of those brain reader hats that the professor put on Gunta the monkey hehe. If DH complains again tell him you will go on the tour of Turkey while he stays home with the girls But seriously, I hope things settle down for you on the E front. Oh and she sounds like she is really getting around now. What a clever champ!

hey renee - big hugs - you are having an awful time at the moment... i hope you can sort things out with DH. are you guys getting any time alone? it is such an adjustment having a bub isnt it and all the pressures it brings - not to mention all the additional stress you guys are under with your aunt and dwayne's uncle (??) etc. Thinking of you - can always vent to us here you know (the benefits of online friendships)
    MD - you sound a bit happier - i didnt realise DH was away (again) right now, we are like the single married women of canberra! i think my Dh knows if he DARED to complain aboiut working hard... the locks would be changed...clever miss E!!!
    Noni - hope Asha is doing ok with her teeth, N is having a bad day bc of them.
    hi to everyone else.

big big hugs to md, noni, renee and everyone else who can use them!

renee, you're not alone. didn't voice it out to anyone either but was actually having second thoughts about the vegas wedding just before we went on holidays. i know that it doesn't really make much of a difference since we're in a de facto relationship for 8 years now but with all the stress and dh p!ssing me off heaps just before and while we were on holidays, i was doubting that getting married was the right move. kept it to myself though and just went with the flow (largely coz' i knew that a lot of people had made plans to go to our wedding already). now, no regrets....not at this particular moment anyway....ask me in 24 hours....lol.

md, congratulations on e crawling.

just got back from a trip to babies galore and got all this stuff but not what i actually went for lol.. i went for an amber teething necklace but i spose they arent that common coz the lady didnt even know what i was talking about lol.. oh i did get a lil taggies blanket which is really cute its a 30cm sqaured really soft blanket like piece of material with a star on it and it says twinkle twinkle little star and then around the outside is heaps of tags.. she loves it!! also got one of those shopping trolly thingos so we arent pushing a pram and a trolly now that she can sit up.. then went to the supermarket and got fast flow teats to see if i can fix our not drinking all the bottle issue and some small ceramic microwave safe bowls so we are using less plastic... oh and some babies first custard which when i opened it didnt look much like custard lol i expected it to be yellow but it was white my mum said it was more like junket whatever the hell that is lol asha loved it anyways lol..
    renee - ur deffinately not alone i have had that thought many times and know exactly what u mean by covering it all up infront of everyone else!! u know u can always vent to us were always here for u!! am with u on the brain reader hats too!!!

Thanx guys! Im so glad I have you to talk to, I dont know what I would do if I didnt.

Just spend a bomb on pixi photos! I only wanted the free one but like Hayley I couldnt resist! I ended up getting another photo free along with the standard free photo.
    Last edited by reneenay; April 24th, 2008 at 06:20 PM.

ohhh god ashas been so grumpy i cant get her to drink or anything she was just winging and screaming finally i gae her panadol and now she is asleep... ughhh tired
    rennee - we look at our professional pics the day before mothers day lol i doubt very much we will be able to just get the free one either hahaha

Renee hun, I'm so sorry that things aren't great at home for you ATM - you have so many external pressures happening too with your family being ill. it's no wonder things are so tense. I hope you and Dwayne can sort things out And don't be afraid to use us if you need to - sometimes the anonimity helps a lot.

Noni, if you google them, you will come up with a few sites taht sell them. They are really exxie though - I couldn't justify it JIC it didn't work LOL - such a scrooge I am. Don't worry about the amount Asha is having now - when you think about all the solids she is having and what milk she does have - thats a lot for a little girl to have in a day. She is taking as much as she needs to.

Marydean! How exciting that Miss E is on the move now. I really wish I could come and give you a hand so you can get some sleep . IKWYM about AF - mine have been doozies too and I have a sneaking suspicion that my endo is back as well as a touch of PCOS. I'm waiting to see what the next one is like (in 2wks hopefully) and then I'm going to see my gyno. OH, I just twigged - is DH covering the ANZAC day ceremony at ANZAC cove?

Pregpan, how do you feel after your first week back? Did you get all your errands done too?

Cally, have you tried some infants friend with Miss K? I use it for Alister because he can get really constipated sometimes and it really does work well. I give it to him just before bed every night.

Yesterday was lovely. Leiah has grown SO much since I saw her last and she is a real little girl now. Katie was really happy to finally see Alister too and there were no *problems* at all either. I got a heap of photos of Leiah, but DH took the camera to work tonight so I can't upload them yet.

And I am STILL cleaning up after mice. My house reeks something shocking and smells like a giant mintie threw up in here from all the peppermint oil everywhere, which is supposed to deter mice (and is working at ALL I might add), and the smell of mice. I woke up this morning to the familiar smell of dead mouse in the bathroom, in particular the linen cupboard, so I have had to take everything out of the bottom of the cupboard and wash it - the the bit that breaks my heart is that a fair bit of it I have only just washed and put back in there. And it is a big cupboard too so there is about 6 loads of washing to do. So the tally is now 11 and there is another one inside that I know of. I am so over it - I have cleaned this house from top to bottom trying to make sure there is no food about and just cleaning up mouse poo etc. Oh, and to cap it off - yesterday morning I realised that they had been in the trug-tub where I keep Alisters toys - so they have all been washed in dettol and I borrowed MIL's steam cleaner to do everything that couldn't be washed. Who in their right mind would live on a blooming farm?

Sherie - oh dear, I hope those mice get the message soon and move on. I'm sure it's much nicer out in the machinery shed anyway, with all the bits of hay and other things to eat! Glad you had a nice time with your sister.

We had a massive poo this afternoon so I think the blockage is all gone. Lots of no nappy time as well. Her bottom is pretty much red raw in one spot, it came up so quickly. We're just using an oatmeal moisturiser and some zinc cream which is what the doctor recommended last time it was bad and it did work. Looks worse this time though.

Renee - hope you have some good news soon, things aren't going very well for you at the moment.

Noni - well you had a successful shopping trip!

MD - yay for the crawling. Oh you poor thing with the sleeping and having to handle it all by yourself. Wish I could come up and take her off your hands for an afternoon!! Did you get a nap in this afternoon?

hi ladies
    sorry to hear some of you are having a hard time atm, renee i hope you're feeling a bit better.

md- hope you get some sleep tonight honey

noni- i think you can get those necklaces on ebay

just a quickie from me. typing one finger as lewis is asleep on me.
    dp found a dead possum fallen down the chimney-stinking the house out- like you and your mice sherie!

got dp's brother and g/friend coming down from syd for long weekend tonight. should be good

hugs to you all, enjoy anzac day...mmm anzac biscuits!

Renee, hugs hun. We had a really bad spot a couple of years ago, but worked through it. I agree with the others, some quality time together will go a long way, and if there's really a blockage or a wedge between you, some counselling together can work wonders. xxx

Sherie, oh dear I thought you'd dealt with the mice. Yuck! Is it getting cooler there, is that why they are coming in? What will happen if your endo's back? You're right about DH, we'll be trying to catch a glimpse of him on the telly tomorrow.

Cally yay for the poo. How's the sleeping been going, consistently good I hope. I think of you a lot in the middle of the night, you're my beacon of hope that it can and will eventually get better. Re the nappy rash, I use a product called Amolin, which has the zinc cream in it along with almond oil and calamine so it's very soothing, we slather it on thick and it's usually enough to prevent any problems.

Noni I looked at buying an amber necklace online but in the end I couldn't get past my fear of it being a strangulation hazard. I do believe they would work though, but for energetic reasons. I've found a cold wet flannel from the fridge to chew on really helps for a bit. If you make custard from scratch it's not yellow unless you use a lot of egg. BTW :hugs: hun and i hope you and Asha both get a good sleep. I've got all the fabric and ribbons to sew a Taggie for E - if I get off this no sleep roundabout I'll do it!

Pregpan, I'm really squirmish with the finger foods too, because of the choking aspect. I went and did a first aid course for children when DD was about 6 mo for that very reason (needed to know what to do in the event). Well she only ever choked once, she was much older (prolly close to 2) sitting up in her highchair eating some fruit. She went completely silent (how I know it was 'real' choking) and tears started squirting out of her eyes. Lucky it was a big piece so I just hooked it out of her mouth with my finger.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast