Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #33

Didn't have much luck with the dropper panadol, but here it comes with an easy dose syringe which works well

Another early start today - I think a combination of her cold and number 4 tooth about to pop through.

Our panadol has a syringe and I find it best to squirt quickly before she gets the chance to pull it out of her mouth.

Gracie - that eye cream sounds great, my eyes have always been puffy with dark circles even when I was getting enough sleep - not sure I could bring myself to spend that much though, certainly not while DH has me on an 'allowance' until I go back to work! re DH - you might just have to come out with it - 'show some initiative!'.

Ozstar - I like the look of the ball pools too, might think about that for the birthday.

Noni - how is the new house going?

Mothers group this morning, then might pop into town. Saw a board book about princesses that had heaps of pictures and different textures for DD to touch so might grab that. She has started turning the pages for us when we read to her, but she turns faster than we can read sometimes!

Hi Girls,

Ange- I give panadol for anything about 37. I have the braun thermometer that goes in the ear. I have found it to be great for taking temps. I use the syringe and just squirt it in and shove the dummy in straight after.
    Pregpan- I hope your foot gets better soon it sound very painful.
    Renee- Woohoo on your Holiday I am so excited for you.
    Art- W is so amazing

Hope all our sick bubba's are doing much better today

Well Olivia is teething again. Runny poos, rosie cheeks and cranky all night. She was really unsettled last night.

Hi Girls!

yep, we are not too well here either. leila has been having temps for the last 2 days... so we have been having some interesting nights. the night before last she was up every 20 minutes!

also, i am feeling v sorry for myself. i had to get braces today and now my teeth HURT! not too mention that i am feeling soo glamorous ATM LOL!!!

i give leila panadal either when it's 38.5 or higher or if she is cranky (even if the temp is lower than 38.5). as long as she is eating and playing i avoid it. i find that she takes it quite well. i have the syringe and just go for gold, then pop the boob in!! and all seems to be forgiven.

Gracie: yep, DH is a bit slack with doing the 'whole' care of leila. he can feed her, dress her and play with her, but only if it is done one at a time and he is told when where and how! v frustrating! that's why our cat managed to scratch leila on the face the other morning, he was marking essays on the table and leila crawled over to the cat and bingo, 5 seconds later there were tears. the funny thing is i could hear from the shower that she was near the cat as leila makes this high pitched excited squealing sound...so i was waiting for DH to move her...grrrrrr. and it is annoying telling them what you want done. they too have been a parent for the last 9 months, so by now there are NO excuses!

Renee: yeah the ball pit toy is really fun. leila loves crawling in and out of it and putting the balls in and out too! it's like $20 from kmart! cant go wrong!

anyway best dash as it is freezing out here in the hall ATM!

Hello everyone! Busy busy busy again LOL.

We had a terrible night here last night with lots of wakeups - he is getting another tooth up the top - his 6th - and it must have been giving him curry. And the teething poos started today too. I brought some cupboard door locks today and I will put them on tonight as Alister is always into the cupboards now any chance he gets. I think he wont be far off walking now either - he has his corn popper bike (I think there is a picture in my Gallery of him standing at it) and he walks along behind it hanging onto the handle. his balance when he stands alone is getting really good too - he even took a step towards me yesterday as I made him stand up alone, but just far enough away from me that he couldn't hang onto me and he took a step so he could grab my leg! (ok, so maybe it was more like a lunge and he put his foot out but I'm having a mummy moment LOL) And the big news too is that his new favourite word is MUM MUM MUM MUM MUM!!!!!! LOL - Dada doesn't even get a look in now. He is just growing too fast now.

Temps - I usually give it when they feel feverish, it is really hard to get an accurate temp from them with a thermometer and I don't have a fancy-schmancy ear one LOL. I just squirt it in quick before he realises or I mix it in a bottle of milk and he has it that way. Paige would never take panadol no matter what I tried and I would have to sit up with her with a wet flannel on her head till the fever broke - sometimes it would take hours. Then when she was about 18mths old she started letting me give her panadol.

Hi all, I had one of those digi thermometers, that are supposed to give you a reading in "seconds". However what they don't say is you need to keep it in place for several minutes before that so that it heats up to the right temp before you switch it on! Aaargh - if I'd known this all along I probably wouldn't have waited so long to get help when my wound got infected. So the moral of the story is, if you're going to use a thermometer, use it right - or just go with your mummy instinct!!

Gracie and Pregpan, I wonder how much they would charge for a whole vat of Dermadoctor Wrinkle Revenge, so I can just dive in and shave off ten years or so LOL! Aaah I'd so love to lie in a bath full of something decadent (champagne maybe, or rose-scented goats milk) if I can't afford the Dermadoctor!

Oh better go, Grumpypants is doing her thing.

md- i'd love to lie in a vat of wrinkle revenge, drinking champagne

lewis seems a bit better today, just very clingy and won't let me put him down

i'm so tired from no proper sleep since saturday- actually, no proper sleep since october 2007.
    Last edited by Ginger; June 24th, 2008 at 05:49 PM.

Hey guys!

Wanted to let everyone know I got a job! I wasnt looking for a job because I wasnt really that keen but this job has just fallen in my lap! They wanted me Monday & Thursday 12:00 - 5:00pm and I told them I could only do Tuesday and Friday which is when my mum can have Rory. They got back to me this morning and agreed with those hrs. Ill be working for a tourism magazine, how interesting!
    Although I dont know what ill do if mum gets called into work on those days as her work is short staffed as it is, she is the only one who can come in! Heh I guess ill worry about it if it happens.

bbl for personals
    xxxx

OH Sweeeeet Renee, what a great turn out that is. I loved working in the print media industry (I was a typesetter did graphics for our local paper for a few years). Congratulations!

Gracie, IKWYM about the sleep - even with A sleeping so well of late, I was still really tired. Last nights escapades was shattering for me - early night here I think.

Marydean, so what malarky did Miss Grumpypants get up to?

Sherie, she is sooo overtired and grumpy after getting up too early, skipping a sleep (well 20 mins instead of 2 hrs) because I was out getting work stuff sorted out, then only a short nap this afternoon. Typical - whingeing, falling over, regular grumpypants stuff.

Renee, congrats, sounds like a really interesting job, and excellent hours! Well done. Let us know how it all goes when you start!

Gracie, no we didn't get to the appt, we are on the cancellation list instead. *sigh* I WILL get better organised one of these days, I will!

Clare I hope you're teeth feel better soon! The ball pit sounds like fun, I will look out for it next time I'm wandering around in a daze in Kmart ! LOL

Cally I hope K is feeling a bit better - we're doing toothypegs here too. Not fun. I wish they'd just pop thru!!

Gotta go, E is crying again!! Sorry for everyone I missed, it just aint gonna happen today! xxx

Marydean party - Where is everyone?

Gracie, how is L today, what did the doctor say?

MM - how is M going, is she much better now?

Cally - is K feeling better too and are you getting a bit more sleep?

Also I was thinking about Noni and wondering how she's getting on in the new place!!

Grumpybum got up at 10ish last night and howled for a bit then proceeded to settle back down and slept through till 6 am. Far out brussel sprout!

Gasto central here. Man i feel shockin!

Lu has had a temperature since Friday, but only at night....... so each morning i think she's better then at night she gets hot again. Thought i might take her to the doc today. If i can drag my a$$ out of bed! I don't want to be the over anxious mum at the Dr ever 5 min though.

Congrats on the job Renee, nice that you got to dictate your hours. I've been thinking about going back to work, but stuggle with the whole childcare thing, no family nearby. As well as the fact that the nearest hospital is about 30-40min away in traffic, so would make for a loooong day. I do feel like i need a bit of extra stimulation though IYKWIM.

everyone.

Hi Girls,

Ange- Bummer on the gasto. Hope it goes away soon
    MD- Olivia is doing the same thing atm
    Renee- Congrats on the Job

hello lovelies

lewis came out in a rash last night and i was absolutely freaking out. i called the mchn hotline and after talking it through with her for a long time, it sounds like it's most likely roseola.
    i am taking him to the dr today but couldn't get in until 2.45pm it's so hard to get a dr's appointment around here. i tried to take him on monday but couldn't get in at all.

ange- gastro doesn't sound too good at all what do you do for a job? we've decided i'm most likely going to stay home with lewis next year as well. we don't have much family support around here either- only my dad.

md- how's the md party going?

renee- congrats on the job, it sounds fantastic

I bet the rash freaked you out, hope the little man is ok.

*edited*
    Last edited by Junglemum; June 25th, 2008 at 06:02 PM.

wow ange- sounds pretty serious!
    yeah, in my past life i used to wear things other than tracksuit pants and wash my hair.

hi everyone! sorry have been a bit slack, turning out to be a busy week - nothing in particular just my normal life LOL!
    Renee - woo hoo on the job!! it sounds interesting - what will you be doing there? good on you for asking for what you want and getting it - WTG! when do you start?
    Gracie - poor you and poor L - i think that is quite common? How is he acting? i hope he is ok, poor little thing - it seems quite a few of the bubbas have been unwell.
    MM - how is Maddie? i hope she is ok, and you are too - have not heard from you in a while!
    Leemar - still a poo a thon at your place?
    Ange - your job sounds interesting, i think it is a personal choice but for me it has been great to go back to work.
    Sherie - A sounds so clever, and physical - we should get hima nd will together - they could prob run an egg and spoon race soon - well before my lttle man even crawl!! ha ha! he is still 'swimming' on the floor - gets annoyed he doesnt go anywhere!!!
    MD - how is E today? she sounds like she is becoming quite cheeky - love it!
    Noni - how is the new place?
    Eevryone else - HELLO!!!!

all is well here - N is his usual self but MAYBE was begining to sleep a little more in the night, i was close to saying he had dropped 1 feed... then i notice yesterday teeth 7 and 8 on their way and we had a bit of an unsettled night last night. they are also at the top - he will look pretty darn funny with 6 and top and 2 at the bottom!! cutey! he has def learned to kiss me now - i love it, they are a bit sloppy - he better clean that up before he becomes a teenager - not a good look! when i picked him up from FDC on mon he squelaed when he saw me and then kissed me and he did the same when i arrived home from melbourne last night. FINALLY!!! still mainly says da da, ba ba a bit too and the odd mmmaaaaaaa mainly when he is upset! the cot alarm went off afew more times, made for a pretty awful few days (yes Ange i am one of the nervous mums at the dr every 5 mins) - anyway we took the sheepskin off his cot the other night and it seems better - so maybe there was too much apdding b/n him and the sensors??? who knows!
    had a great day in the office yest, and i have taken a new role on - something i have wanted to do for a while - it is a big job so i am nervous and excited at the same time... anyway it shojld be 5 days a week but i managed to negotiate 4, will be in melbs 3 daysa fortnight too... stressful but good for me i think!!! so i will soon be working thu as well... not sure how i feel about that - good in most ways i think! as we will be here for a bit longer than we thought it is good for me to take something challenging. my FDC mum can take N for the thu too so it wont be much more disruptive for him.. he loves it there! so thats my news.
    anyway better go - hope you are all having a lovely day

How many toofies has everyone's bubba got?

E's still only got the two!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast