Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #33

yeah, in my past life i used to wear things other than tracksuit pants and wash my hair.
    Today 12:58 PM
    Me too!

4 teeth here MD. I think more coming....

Pregpan- Wow- you are working hard, 3 days a fornight in Melb would be challenging, i guess it would also be nice to have 2 nights sleep! What sort of work do you do?
    We get lots of sloppy open mouth kisses here too. mmmmmmmmm @
    they are a bit sloppy - he better clean that up before he becomes a teenager

Hi Girls,

MD- Olivia still has 2 teeth but eats like she has a mouth full...lol
    Prepan- Congrats on the new position. The pooing in our house has now finally slowed down thank god.
    Gracie- I hope L rash is ok. Yep I too use to wear things other than tracksuit pants and I use to have my hair really nice everyday too. Now I just pull it back in a pony tail and dont really give a ****.

Hi everyone....

Sorry I haven't been back to post but everytime I read through the chatter and start to familiarise (splg) with everyone Aiden decides that it is time to wake up!! So sorry about the slackness !!!

I think that is going to take me awhile to get to know you all, I kinda feel that I am intruding by only joining now -

Sorry to all the bubas and mumas that are unwell

Aiden has 8 teeth!

Gracie - I hope that your little man is ok. Dr's are so hard to see these days! I had to change GP's with Aiden because it took 2 weeks to see him and that was no good with a little one - now it only takes 3 days

pregpan - Congratulations with your new role, sounds exciting and challenging

reneenay - Congrat too for your job, it does sound interesting.

I am back to work next week only part time though. NOT looking forward to it! Only going back to ease the $$$ and take the mat leave again( hopefully sooner rather than later) !! I managed to get AIden in Child care and I waiting to get him into FDC but having no luck! We have no family here so it makes it hard! Ahhhh well what can ya do

Hope everyone is well, and I will get to know you all soon

Hi Chepie
    Dont feel like an intruder - we were all new once!!
    how many days a week will you be working?

hi guys

well i'm back from the dr. waited an hour to basically have the dr go all goo goo gaaa gaaa at lewis, play with him and tell me how cute he is.
    great.
    i could've gone to the bakery for that and at least i would've come back with a pie....

for those of you into online clothes buying- i just got an absolute bundle of bargains from spencer lacy . com. heaps of bargains.
    clare- you might like their clothes cos you're into metalicus.

hi chepie and welcome back what state do you live in?

on the teeth thing- lewis has 6. 4 top 2 bottom.
    i want some sloppy kisses!!! lewis doesn't kiss, i think he's taking after his dad who is impossible to get a pash out of

wow pregpan- job sounds great!! you are such a go-getter i love it. makes me feel like such a slack arse sitting here in my velour tracksuit eating red rooster chips
    when you stay in melbourne, whereabouts do you stay?

I've been a bit slack with the posting lately, just trying to get over this horrible bug. Maddie seems much better, but the chesty cough is still lingering and probably will be for a few weeks now according to the doc. All I need is one night of sleep!!!!!! Its caused a few arguments between DP and myself as I dont usually expect him to get up seeing as he is working the next day. However on the nights where I have to work the next day a bit of help would be so nice iykwim. I'm also feeling like a mean mummy lately because I feel like I havent had the energy to give Maddie much attention, I have to drag myself out of bed at night to go to her. I dont know if its this bug or what but I'm feeling like I've got no motivation atm. I really feel & look like a zombie, I've even fantasied about dropping her off with my parents for the night. Is that bad!?

Noni - Hope the moving is going well, havent heard from you for awhile so it must be keeping you busy.

MD - We still only have the bottom two teeth, but I think theres movement happening with the top teeth as we have rosy cheeks and a bub who doesnt want her bottles anymore.

Chepie - I hear you on the doctor being booked out for wks. If I'm struggling to get Maddie in I bring on the tears and they say bring her straight down hehehe naughty.

Pregpan - Your job sounds so glamourous! Congrats on the promotion!

Renee - Woo hoo that job works perfectly for a mum! Great hrs. Yay!

Gracie - Did you sort out the rash? How scary! I also have a DP who lacks initiative when it comes to Maddie...That eye cream sounds good, I've got SO many wrinkles around my eyes its not funny. I've got a set of 80 yr old eyes!! I laugh wayyyyy to much, they are all laugh lines but they look like granny wrinkles lol.

Arte - Lol thanks to your DH for his compliment!

Trillian - Sorry to hear about your shocking night the other night! How did last night go? I'm in the same boat as you atm with the sleep.

Leemar - At least theres no constipation in your household atm!

Falguni - Hope you guys get over the gasto bug quickly. How about doing some study to keep yourself stimulated?

Hello to everyone else, hope you are all well.

Sleep here wasn't the best again, but I think it was more belly pains than anything else. DH started nightshift last night so I just put him in bed with me and he farted from 6-6.30 this morning LMAO.

Marydean, Alister has 6 teeth now - one came through yesterday. How were the (.Y.) after E's great sleep last night?

Gracie, it ****s me to tears when I have to wait so long to see a Dr for 5 minutes. Erin has had Roseola too, when I was pg with Paige and apparently it can cause complications in the unborn, but there were no dramas. When the rash appears all the other stuff makes sense then doesn't it?

Sorry for lack of personals everyone - my mind just can't put anything together today, but I have been reading.

MD, W has 5 teeth now

Renee, congrats on the job, sounds interesting

Chepie, don't feel like an intruder, just jump in whenever. I am glad I don't have to go back to work yet, I have no family living close by and there really isn't a lot in the way of daycare in rural NZ.

Gracie, hope L gets better soon

MM, don't feel bad about thinking of dropping Maddie at your parents for a night. I know how hard it is when you have had no sleep and you still have to look after bubs all day regardless. Would they take her for a night? A good sleep will do wonders.

Pregpan, gee you sound busy! I think I have had a busy day (and so can justify not cleaning) if I go to playcentre and the supermarket in the same day LOL

Leanne, how is the party planning going?

Sherie, go Alister! I know you wanted him to take a bit longer to walk, I can understand why now LOL. This morning I left W playing with some toys and went down the hall towards the toilet and glanced back and he was walking after me LOL. I guess he is officially a toddler now. It is so amazing how quickly they learn things, only 2 days ago he would only walk to and from people, now he lets go from the couch or anything and goes where ever he feels like it.

I am down at my mums for a few days visiting which is good. Apparently it is snowing at my house so I picked a good time to come down.

Hi Girls!

wowser things have moved fast here in the last day!! a girl can barely keep up!

Gracie: he he he...i totally hear you on the 'oh so sexy' tracky daks. i have to admit that the guilt sets in when the clock reads after 1pm and i am still sporting the sexy numbers. and yes, i too have the ubiquitous ponytail...sometimes i flash it up with a head band LOL!! will be checking the online stuff out...need all the help i can get.
    ohhh how true! i dream of the days before leila where i could sleep in excess of 12 hours!!! arrghhhhh!

MD: boo hoo, leila is STILL COMPLETELY toothless!!! she is about to be the last bub in group without teeth (even the 5 month olds are outstripping her!). that said, she can eat anything you put in front of her. she'll be a pro when she's a grandma!

Chepie: nah dont feel bad about dropping in! i too was a latecomer and have just argey barged my way into things! LOL!!
    yeah the drs are pretty bad. leila has a doc, but we dont. alot of the clinics here are not taking new patients, so if DH or I get sick we have to go to the massive 'walmart' style doc surgery...

Sherie: sending you lots of zzzzz's for a good nights sleep...in fact, the same goes for all us ladies! (esp. MM!!).

MM: no. it is NOT bad to take maddie to your mums for the night. my friend sent her DS of 5 months to grandmas house for the night while they went out to an engagement party, so one night for maddie so that you guys can recuperate is not asking too much. sometimes a good sleep is all we need to feel 100% better!

Pregpan: yeah we get the big sloppy tongue, drooly pashes that usually end with leila sucking on our noses too. so gross and yet, so awesome!

Arte: lucky escape!! i have to say that i am really enjoying the mild winters here in melbourne. i said to DH the other night that if we were still in canberra having to endure another freezing winter without decent heating i would have gone bonkers. that said, the gale force winds out tonight are a bit hair raising as i can hear the gum trees straining, and my poor dog is a bit worried so have bribed her with liver treats and given her a doona to lie on top of her bed in the kitchen. i am a sucker i know!

AFM: things are pretty good. leila is getting over a small cold, have been having a few wakeups associated with temps, but she slept really well last night (down at 6.30 up at 5.30 and straight back to bed til 8.30). i figure she is catching up on the lost sleep from the other shocking 20 minute dance off night...
    she has also started trying to really talk. she now points at DH and tries to say papa, and stella is 'dulla'. everything else, including me is either 'da' or 'ta'...not feeling left out at all!!
    teeth are feeling nominally better. although i have to say that braces are hard work. brushing my teeth is now 3 times a day and because i am a novice takes close to half an hour. not happy jan!

anyway, big hellos to those i have missed. just had a glance back and realised that this is a whopper so had best head off to bed!

Renee - woo hoo on the new job!

I love my tracky daks!! Although it is nice to get 'dressed up' in my jeans and jumper when we go into town.

MD - when do you head into QE2? We have 3 teeth here, but I suspect number 4 will be making an appearance later today or tomorrow - I can see it through the gum.

MM - take Maddie to your mum's for the night so you can catch up, you'll feel like a new person. I'm sleeping in the spare room tonight, my ears need an earplug break from DH's noises.

Gracie - lol at your bakery comment!

Prregpan - your new role sounds good, are they all going to be day trips to Melb or will you have sleepovers?

K still has a bit of a runny nose. She is holding her ear a little bit but seems well in all other respects so I don't think she has an ear infection.

Well the washing is finished, so I might go and hang that out and then watch another Big Love episode. I watched 4 yesterday, really enjoying it.

Good morning everyone
    Just wanted to jump on and say Hi to you all.
    Have briefly skimmed posts and it seems that lots of mums and bubs aren't well. Hannah is still stuffed up in the nose and coughing so i've started her on AB's. Hopefully she'll be 'snot-free' soon.
    Having trouble keeping up at the moment , so forgive me fo no personal

It's our 10th wedding anniversay tomorrow - although we've been together for 19 years.
    I don't want any jewellery or anything, so dh told me to go out and buy myself an outfit from head to toe. Do you think i can find anything i like????? We're going to go out for dinner on Saturday night - we'll share a Peking Duck - yummmmmmooooo!!

better get some more jobs done before Hannihooha wakes up.

love ya's!!

hello everyone

was supposed to have mothers group here today but i've had to cancel cos lewis has been so sick

now i'm just stuck at home bored with lewis and the dog....
    i've dysoned the house so it looks sparkly. lewis is being a total pita atm ans won't let me put him down so i had to dyson with him in the ergo- not the easiest thing to do.

jaz- congrats on your anniversary
    that's very exciting to get a new outfit. where do you think you'll get it from?

cally- big love is great isn't it? i'm a big fan of margene.

clare- i can't even imagine sleeping 12 hours now- i feel like i'm awake on and off all night. last night the smoke detector decided to let us know its batteries were flat at 1.15am.

arte- i can't believe you've got a walking toddler already! that's crazy. thanks for the tip on the prune juice btw (i think it was you). gave lewis some on tuesday then yesterday he had 5 massive poos!

sherie- glad to hear you've had some experience in roseola. yes it seemed that once the rash actually came out, most of the other symptoms went away.

hayley- well dp actually showed some initiative last night and changed lewis' nappy. only cos he was holding him and he did a massive poo but still, i was shocked when i walked in and saw him at the changetable.

Cally are you watching season 1 or 2? I loooove that show, season 2 is getting even weirder than season 1 was, if that's even possible LOL. Heading to QE2 next week, have decided it's probably really good timing and apparently there's a counsellor there too which is good because I'm FREAKING OUT now that I'm only only 3 weeks off being a single mummy again.

MM and Clare - so glad E is not the only bub with only 2 toofies - or even none! Aaargh she's been teething and in pain for such a long time, it's not fair little bubba. I feel like a bad mumma for our reliance on baby panadol etc, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Pregpan - far out about your new position - sounds exciting. I'm sure you will love your time in Melb too. Remember though, you've got to squeeze me in for a coffee sometime before December !

Chepie, good luck with the return to work. I've been taking a week here or there of "annual leave" in the middle of my mat leave which brings in a few dollars at a time. It's never really enough but our financial situation has been far worse than this in the past and I know we can live frugally when we need to. However am planning to return to work when E is around 18 mths old, maybe 3 days a week if I can.

Gracie, sorry your visit to the drs was a waste of time. How are you feeling about taking another year's leave next year?

Arte, wow snow at your place! My emigrant friends have had snow on their property too - amazing! It does feel like there's snow in the air right now but it's too dry here ATM.

Trillian, my (.Y.)s are holding up just fine, I'll let the girls know you were asking after them LOL. TBH I think my supply has dropped anyway cos E is such a busy little beetle, she really only has a couple of good long feeds a day and I sometimes worry if this means she will wean earlier than H did. But just lately she's getting more demanding about asking for boobie so maybe not.

Speaking of beetles, I just scored a wheelie bug on ebay (buzzy bee colours). Am going to hide it in the cupboard for Christmas.

Jaz, congrats on the anniversary! Enjoy your time out together.

Re the trackies, I don't really have any but I'm eyeing off some night aubergine velour ones at Myer right now! LOL if you're going to live in them they might as well be 'up market' ROFL.

I'm sure there's more but I must away. ((Hugs)) to everyone!

BTW, how many of the ergo mummies have mastered the back carry? I tried it the other evening while DH was out but I couldn't work out how to get the second strap over my shoulding without risking dropping E!! LOL

hi md- i just had lewis on my back in the ergo while i was vacuuming. it's much easier to 'get stuff done' when they're on your back, and i like it for long walks. i have to get someone to help me put him in it though. i can't do it by myself. luckily dp slept in this morning and went to work late so he gave me a hand, otherwise i would've been stuck with him on my front.
    i'm excited about taking another year's leave. i feel really lucky that i'm able to. we'll probably start ttc in january so i can sort of 'kill 2 birds with one stone'- if i'm going to be home another year i may as well be pg iykwim? i absolutely struggled working while pg. i found it so draining!
    your trackies sound hot! my favourite pairs are roxy ones and peter alexander ones LOL

MD and Gracie: oh jeez, if you girls are wearing upmarket trackies then i had better get shopping. i am wearing my VERY attractive bonds maternity ones! ewwww they are so not sexy. DH walks in this morning, there i am in my trackies, with a cardigan on that i have had since i was 9yrs old...yes, it is very stretched, but i just love it, my hair was all over the place and i was covered in regurgitated baby milk and he says: man, you are sexy...and he meant it!! ROFL! i told him that it was obvious that he had no taste or was desperate or BOTH!! LOL!!!

yeah i havent mastered the art of back carrying ergoness...in fact i havent tried. leila is the bub that likes to throw herself backwards and i am just not sure it would be safe yet. do you guys have this prob? it's the same with the bike. she is old enough and big enough, but just cant keep still, and i just dont trust her there on the back where i cant see or reach her. i was thinking about buying the MamaBike, as you can either have them on the front or back...

Gracie: sounds like a plan re the pg for next year. i reckon it would be nice to have that time off. especially as it will be very different from the first pg as we'll have little ones under our feet. i dont know how i'll cope being pg and not being able to have my afternoon nanna nap!
    he he re the smoke alarm. did lewis sleep through it ok? i find leila doesnt even budge, but dare you touch the door knob of her room and she is awake and partying....

JazMum: congratulations on the 10 year mark!! that is fantastic! and wow 19 years. oh yum peking duck...mmmmmmm...wish i was eating peking duck. ikwym about not finding everything. i find that when i am out and about not shopping for myself i find heaps and then when i go to buy stuff, there is nothing!

anyway best dash...smiles to you all!

Hi Girls,

Gracie- Congrats on having another year off.
    Cherpie- Hi and Welcome back
    Jazmum- Happy Anniversary for tomorrow. Where are you going out for dinner.
    Art- Party Planning is in full swing. The boys party is next Sunday... OMG MY BOYS ARE 3 NEXT SUNDAY.... I am still in shock. We are having a BBQ Lunch with friends and family coming over. Just have a few more pressies to buy then they are done. They are really really excited about their birthday its really cute. ATM I am going crazy with partys, my niece turns 4 on Sunday so we are off to her dress up party Olivia is going as a princess and X as Spiderman and J as Batman.. I am also madley planning Olivias Birthday too....
    Sherie- LOL at the farting episode this morning...

MD - Have just been watching Season 2. I have been recording it each week but yesterday was the first time I got to sit down and watch it, although I am now fully caught up. Took me a little while to work out all the characters, but I'm really enjoying it. Almost wish I hadn't watched it until the end of the season!

Clare - I have my Bonds maternity tracky pants on now! I also have an Esprit pair that is my 'fancy' pair.

Gracie - lucky you having another year off.

Jazmum - wow 10 years! Congratulations.

Oh she's awake.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast