Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #33

Arte - I've really noticed a lot of new things happening this week:
    - really understands when I say 'time for milk' (mouth opens, claws at my top etc)
    - mouth also opens when saw 'drink' for her sippy cup
    - turns the pages in her books, lifts the flaps and is able to sit still to read them
    - kisses
    - claps
    - when she is about to do something she shouldn't she gives me a cheeky little grin first
    This afternoon she pulled the bag with rusks in it from the nappy bag and when I said 'what have you got there?' she gave a little squeal and went racing across the carpet not letting go of them. I chased her and she was loving it. So cute.

Definitely doesn't understand no though. I must have said 'No K, we don't play with the rubbish bin, it's dirty' about 15 times yesterday. And each time a tantrum when I moved her away and gave her something else to play with.

MM - carrot and zucchini bake sounds good!

Katie - yay for aunties!! Another little one to spoil.

Falguni - yay for tiles / floorboards, that could have been very messy.

Ok, bit more time....

Think i need to go check out that online store you're all talking about. For homemade different kind of kids clothes and toys i have been surfing etsy alot. Some gorgeuos stuff. OMG pregpan, i just checked out the ittybittyyuppy, some of the stuff is adorable! I am very lucky to have a granny who loves to spoil her only granddaughter, will have to show her that site.

Clare- How exciting Leila standing on her own, we're not quite there yet. Lu has worked out how to bend over and pick something up as well as how to lower herself down and stand back up, so she looks like a jack-in-a-box, up, down, up down all day!

RF- @ your DH calling him chunk! Reminds me of goonies. 'sloth loves chunk' We started with kisses, if you're not carful you get a bite. watch out. Your little man is a star, cover boy now eh? Lu will be eyeing him off for sure!

Pregpan, your poor little man, coughing so much that you vomit is never nice. Was it in here that someone posted that panadol apparently supresses a cough? Hope he is on the mend. That is great that your Dr has caled everyday, how thoughful.

Art- i never though of that, i am going to have start using her name a little more, wow about the little girl who thought her name was you. That's a bit cute, she must have been sooooo confused.

Cally- We have a really sturdy wooden trolley that doesn't tip. Lu loves it, cruises up and down the hall all day. If you hire a light one and it is light, someone recommended wrapping a brick and putting it in, so it is more stable.

Trillian- Sounds like you have a real little character on your hands there. Haha, hiding behind his own hand! cute. Gymbaroo sounds dangerous, dare i look?

MM- i'd be interested in the recipe too. Surf clothes are studiply over priced hey? they do last ok though. Even the outlet stores are overpriced these days. Nice of your mum to stock up for you. What a trendy little girl you'll have.

Ange, yes you should check it out LOL. Their stuff is quite reasonably priced I thought and the conversion is great ATM too so I am taking advantage.

I could never get into the shoe thing with the kids as they have such wide feet and high insteps, so shoe shopping is always a chore and I could never buy shoes online for them without trying first.

For anyone who is interested, you can enter the comp at [email protected]

Hi Girls,

Hello to everyone.
    Pregpan- Hope N is feeling better soon
    RF- congrats on Lewis being on front cover... WTG Lewis.... OMG about the trees falling down... Hope all is well and love your new name but why the change...
    Renee- Yep panadol and dimetapp is ok to give together. my dr recommends dimatap for all colds. Hope Rory is better soon.
    Katie- Congrats to you on becoming an Aunty again.. and congrats to your SIL

Plans for the Big Birthday Party is coming along nicely but I am so busy this week and I hurt my back on monday well I think Xavier hurt it when he was in bed with us on Sunday night but on monday morning I could hardly walk. Its still sore now but way better then it was on monday. I think I am more excited then the boys... hehehehhehe. Any way I better go as I am suppose to be watching the fooz ball with DH and the boys are still up and running a muck. Talk soon xxxx

Leemar - Oh no sorry to hear about your back & hope it gets better quickly. Are you watching the footy with the celebritys & old players in it? Did anyone watch it last night? I was peeing my pants at Peter Hellier with his blonde mullet & spray tan, I think he was taking off Warwick Cappa?

Cally - Wow go Katie! I am in awe at what everyone's bubs are doing atm.

The very easy carrot & zucchini bake recipe is:

2 zucchinis grated
    2 carrots grated
    1/2 a brown onion diced
    2 tbs of olive oil
    1 cup self raising flour
    Half a cup of cheese
    Pinch of pepper or seasoning of choice
    5 egg yolks
    Mix ingredients together & pour into a greased baking tray & cook until golden.
    Very easy & it went down well with Maddie.
    I got the recipe from taste dot com and I altered it a bit, it originally wanted a cup of cheese, 4/5 zucchinis (which I thought would be zucchini overload & many people had mentioned that in the rating bit), half a cup of olive oil, & 5 eggs (changed that to yolks obviously for bubs). So I kinda made it less fattening and more healthy for a baby to eat, let alone my butt which doesnt need any more fat on it hehe. The good thing is I have some left so I've put it in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch.
    Last edited by Isadora; July 2nd, 2008 at 11:00 PM.

hey everyone..
    just jumping on to see how everyones going.. this house looks like a bomb has hit it grrrr so i have lots to do today.. applying for a personal loan as well so we can get a new car and pay most of the credit card off fingers crossed we can get that through because dps car rego expires in about 20 days lol and we dont wanna re register it because its deffinately on its last legs!!
    open mouth slobery kisses - yep getting lots of those here too!! asha likes to give them to her teddies too lol
    haley - i used to make something similar all the time but mine has garlic in it and the one for dp had bacon in it its pretty nice i have an addiction to baby shoes too but i try and limit myself lol ashas got quite a few pairs now though hahah
    leanne - hope ur back gets better asap.. i'm really excited for ashas birthday too cant imagine what its gonna be like when shes 3 hahaha
    cally - we are having trouble with no as well lol asha stops and looks at you when you say no.. then smiles and goes back to what she was doing grrrr lots of tantrums here too!!
    sherie - oh wow thats so cute that he covers his eye when hes naughty!! sounds like a very clever boy!!
    pregpan - its niceto have a good dr like that to put your mind at ease somewhat
    katie - congrats!!
    hello to everyone i missed gotta jet n get cleaning

Hi Girls,

MM- We watched the State of Origin. I ended up watching the last bit with DH and he was very excited and happy from drinking. lol... Your Carrot and Zuchinni bake sounds
    yummy. I wrote it down and am going to try it.
    Noni- My house looks like a bomb has gone off everyday. I am having tomorrow off work to clean up and get ready for the party.... I know its not till sunday but hey I need the time. hehehehehehe. Hope you get the loan.

All is good here today

Sherie, W has inherited my wide feet too! It makes shoe shopping horrible. ATM he is in 12-18 month old shoes - they are too long but the right length ones are too narrow for his big flappers. A hiding behind his hand sounds very cute.

Cally, Sounds like K is doing really well. Out of interest what hand does she use to turn the pages? So cute when you can chase them, W holds DH's finger and runs and I crawl behind going RArrrrr. He looks back over his shoulder and squeals and laughs.

Rainy, how did the cover shoot go? Has Lewis made any demands for french imported mineral water and only green M&M's yet? LOL Hope it went well.

MM, I don't think W is on a sure path to brain-surgeon-hood, I was the same as a bub - walked at the same age as W and could speak in 2-3 word sentence by 1 and I didn't turn out that special. I think I used up all my brilliance too early LOL

Noni, good luck with the loan. It makes life far easier if you just have one thing to pay rather than a heap of HP's, loans and credit cards.

DH took a sick day today and came to playcenter with us which was really cool.

LOL, Will keeps walking over to his ball pool and tumbling in. He has also figured out how to push the cars down the ramp of his little people garage and then looks for them at the bottom.

Hello lovely ladies!

Rory is still sick. I took him to the Drs because his snot was dark brown but everything was okay, no infection. Ive got the cold too now Looks like ill be taking the day off tomorrow. Jeepers, its my 4th day of work and im taking sick leave!! Its starting to look like this job isnt meant to be, ive been stuck finding someone to have Rory as mum was called into work full time for the past 2 weeks to cover extra holiday leave! DH ended up taking a day off to have him last week! Should be alright after next week when mums back to her normal hours....I hope!

Art - You have to take some video of Will and get it up on facebook so i can have a peek haha. It would be awesome to watch! What a great daddy taking time off to play with will

Noni - The personal loan sounds like a great idea. Thats what we did when Rory was born to get rid of some payments. Best thing we did!

Hayley - How is Maddie today? Hope she is feeling better. Its so tough when they are sick. When I wasnt awake to Rory crying I wanted to be awake to Rory crying so I knew he was okay...iykwim..

Leanne - The party sounds like its going to be a blast. Gawd I LOVE birthdays haha. Ive already started planning Rory. And its great now im getting a little bit of my own pay every week, that way I can go overboard and no DH to get mad at me haha. What sort of cake are you making??

Cally - Ahhh yes the tantrums have well and truly showed their ugly face here too. Its a little amusing though haha.

Poor Rory has been asleep now for hours & hours, he must be exhausted! Just got some bad news Dh is going away for a week up north, leaving THIS FRIDAY. Great

Renee- I am not making the boys cake this year. MIL bought a lighting McQueen cake.
    I am making Olivia's Though.

Renee - Glad it isnt a big mean infection for Rory. Its so sad when they are sick! I hope the job does work out in the end. I'm sure they will understand you having a sick day. I feel guilty about the amount I've taken to be with Maddie but my boss is a mum herself & very understanding. If you are on casual pay you just wont get paid for any sick days so its not like they are paying you and you arent there like they do with F/T & P/T. I hope the week goes fast for you!

Noni - Hope you get the personal loan approved, it will make it much easier just paying the one loan. Once you've done that cut up the credit card & never get one again lol. They are dangerous hehe. The garlic in the bake sounds nice, I will add some next time.

Arte - That was nice of your DH to take the day off to come to the play center. I wish mine would take a day off now and then he works 5 & 1/2 days a wk 60 - 65 hrs.

Leemar - Good luck for this Sunday & take lotsa pics for us to see.

I've got Maddie booked into the doc's tomorrow as she has woken all congested and her cough has worsened. Other than that she is really happy & has been laughing all day. I figure I can always cancel tomorrows appt if she is better by then. Maybe we are being paranoid parents but DP & I are starting to worry about this coughing that goes on all night. I have been dosing her up on oranges, sticky sticky mess lol but she loves them.

Tonights tea is spinach & ricotta canneloni. I havent tried Mads on ricotta yet so it'll be interesting to see her reaction. Now that she is older I have noticed she is very keen to try new things and new textures, and foods that she once turned her nose up at she now devours.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789