Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #33

can't give too much away yet girls......have to keep you all hanging a little longer trust me, you will all find out soon enough....

noni- sorry to hear your dp is such a pita!! it's very very hard when they won't do anything to help and just create mess. i've been having similar problems with my dp too. could you put asha's cot in your room so she could sleep in that but not in your bed so you could get some more sleep?

md- big hugs big big hugs

ange- i'm so glad they're not killing the deer. that would completely freak me out! what kind of cake are you going to make?

hayley- sounds like you've been having a really rouggh trot lately. glad things are on the up though. maddie is coming along so well! what a gorgeous girl sitting and having dinner with all the relos. they would've loved it!

hi fianne- great to see you back. max sounds like she's going so well

clare- how is everything with stella? has she seen that guy yet? i'm sure it was just a one off thing. maybe it might be worth taking her to the vet as she may be in some sort of pain...our girl had a really bad ear infection and i had no idea. took her to the vet for her vacs and found out poor bubs was in serious ear pain!

gotta go, Lewis is screaming the house down
    bbl xoxo

OMG it is windy today - won't be going for a walk otherwise she'd be blown away. Arte, you'd have to put an arm out the window and grab K as she flew past! I've double pegged everything on the line but wouldn't be surprised if something goes missing. At least it will dry quickly.

5:20 wake again this morning but at least she went back to sleep for 1.25 hours after I fed her. Usually it's 10 minutes if I'm lucky.

Ange - mmm, cake. The muffins I made were finished in less than 24 hours (and they weren't even that good)

I was feeding K yesterday and just had the feeling to look over my shoulder into the backyard. There were 2 10 year olds out there! Didn't look at all familiar and they left the moment they saw they were spotted. I went and stood in the lounge out the front to see where they went but they disappeared around the corner. DH went and put the padlock back on the shed when he came home. And K wasn't at all interested in finishing off the feed which was a pain.

Rainforest - I'm going with Arte's engagement suggestion.

Clare - I'm intersted in the push trikes too, want to get one for her birthday.

MM - glad you are feeling better.

Welcome back Fianne. Glad that Max is doing well.

We have the Baby Play book. Most of what is in there is fairly obvious and you are probably doing (ie talking about different things, singing songs). Some of the things they have are
    - filling bottles with beans or grains so they roll across the floor and they can chase them
    - kick a ball with them (you hold and swing her so her legs connect)
    - using riding toys
    - explore stuff (textures, sounds etc around the house)
    - let them chase a torch beam around the floor
    - empty and fill containers
    - stacking rings
    - feely books
    We've also got the toddler play book

hi everyone
    sorry have been MIA - we went to syd for the weekend which was good until my poor little man got sick (again - MM he is bfed and i feel guilty and wonder if iam doing something as he is always getting sick - the rational side of me tells me this is just the 1st yr and they willpick up lots of bugs). he had v high temps for a few days, we ended up taking him to hosp on sun night (again) and when we got there he had a rashy thingon his hands and feet - i freaked out but it went quickly and they said just bc of temp. anyway long story short we styed in there til 3am - had to 'catch' a urine sample - not easy!! and they said just a virus he is fighting. he has hardly slept in the whole time - though he did last night alot better. today he has a really bad cough and runny nose so i guess thats what he was 'fighting'... DH ishome with him today so i can work as i have heaps to do - i took yest and i guess i willprob taketomorrow as well as he cant really goto fdc like this. poorlittle guy. i worry why he is getting sick somuch. i also wonder if dh and i panic too much about it all.
    Rainforest - love the new name!!
    Noni - i would be p'd off at dp too - no advice sorry!! but maybe sit down with him when you are all calmand discuss how much you do. also could someone watch asha for you for a night (maybe your mum) and the 2 of you could go out together - it sounds to me like you need some time alone.
    MM glad you are a bit better - clever maddie! N is alsonot crawling - he kinda 'swims' on the ground LOL!! i reckon we are amonth off too. i am not really worried about it. he hasnt showed signs yet of tring to pull himself up, but he does love to be in standing pos to play etc.
    Cally - it isv windyhere today as well. wow the double pegging!!! i dont think i have put the washingoutside in over a month! the clothes horse is a permanent fixture in our spare room!
    where is Renee?
    clare - soundslike you have so much fun with leila - and have had quite journey yourself... thanks for the metal bowl tips - we have a few metal mixing bowls which N will play with tonight qwhen i get home
    md - when is dh goingaway?? ohi feel for you - 3 months wouldbe hell. my dh is also goingaway again in july - for a week - right over my bday. i am so unimpressed!
    ok gotta go do some work - hi to all who i missed!
    xxx

Can someone tell me what was in Annabel Karmel's first chicken casserole? DD loved it and I wanted to make another batch.

Pregpan - poor little N, he has had a rough trot lately.

Hang on i'll go get it Cally.....

Blair now??????

ETA
    Anabel Karmels first chicken casserole.

1tablespoon veg oil
    100g carrots- peeled and chopped
    60g leeks, white part only washed and sliced
    75g chicken breast cut into chunks
    250g potatoes, peeled and chopped
    75g parsnips, peeled and chopped

Warm oil, add carrots and leek, saute until soft. (about 6 min) Add chicken and saute until sealed.
    Add potatoes and parsnips and just cover with boiling water.
    Cover and simmer for about 15min or until everthing is tender and cooked through.

Blair- i'm making a chunky dark choc and banana cake, it's my fave!

BBL
    Last edited by Junglemum; July 1st, 2008 at 01:55 PM.

Hi guys

Just wanted to pop in and let you know im still hanging around. Ive been so busy lately, with work etc. Rory has got a awful cold and last night he hardly slept. I feel like a zombie haha. Gotta run to the shops to buy my mum a last minute birthday prezzie since I FORGOT her birthday eeeeep!

Oh and the girls from mothers group re-arranged their playgroup day to Thursday so i can still come YAY! It took alot of stuffing around but im soooo happy

Sorry for the selfish post. Hope everyone is well. Il bbl for personals.

talking about windy!
    we've just had a tree fall down on the roof of our 2 garages. has gone through the roof of one.
    made the most almighty noise. scared the sh$t out of me. i ran into the bedroom and grabbed lewis out of bed cos i was so frightened.
    all is ok now, dp came home from work and is sorting it out now...

OM*G Rainforest! It sure is windy here too. Was there anything in the garage that is no longer? Are there any other trees that could fall on the house? I would have had to change Lu's nappy and MY undies after that! Glad all is ok with you and the little man.

Not long ago your user name was Blair, now it's back to Rainforest?!

everything in the garage is ok.- just the roof has been damaged.
    there are trees everywhere around here. we might have to look at getting someone in to do some maintainence.

seems there was a bit of a mix up with my username. i think it's all sorted now.

gosh Rainy how scary! hope u dont mind me calling you rainy!!!
    meant to tell you all - Noah's latest fave food is pasta (risoni) with cheese, tomato and tuna sauce... v easy and he wolfs it down. i found he slept really well after eating it too...
    i make the basic cheese sauce which i posted a while back (for the fish dish), stir in some passata or pureed tomato and then a tin of sirena tuna in spring water (flaked). easy. you can make up a huge batch of the sauce and freeze it. i give it to him with lots of sauce and he eats HEAPS of it. yummy for adults too!! other things he has been trying - veal and mushroom ragu (he also loved this), baked zucchini and tomato risotto - both of thesewere our dinner mashed for him...

i love rainy!
    noah eats better than me

Rain - Jesus!! Im glad everyone is okay! I remember you were worried about the trees last time there was a storm. Is it a storm or just wind??

Pregpan - Your making me hungry woman!! I bought some tinned samon, do you have any ideas one what I could make Rory with this?? Your poor little guy, he hasnt had a good run has he? I hope he gets better soon hon.

Blair- i'm making a chunky dark choc and banana cake, it's my fave!
    oh my lord, that sounds amazing! Im still addicted to Callys jaffa muffins haha.

Noni - How is your new house going??? Bummer about the smell! Maybe burn some candles or buy a couple of those glade plug-ins. I still remember the smell of our house when we bought it, it wasnt smelly it was just someone elses smell iykwim.. Sorry to hear you DP is being a pain in the backside, men are good at that haha!

Just got back from the chemist. It seems to be Rory's sinus, you can see it under his eyes too. They gave me Dimetapp and told me to use it with baby panadole. Silly me didnt ask how though. Do I give him a dose of panadole and dimetapp at the same time?? Seems like alot of medicine for a little baby!

Saw a great CAT truck set on sale at k-mart. Must grab it for Rory for his birthday. Everything in his room is truck themed because his daddy fixes them!

Pregpan - that sounds yummy, have noted it down and will whip it up for K one day.

Falguni - thanks so much for the recipe. I was sure I photocopied it but it must have been 'tidied up' by DH

Rainforest - we had a little branch (more a twig) fall on our deck this afternoon and I hit the roof, I can't imagine how much noise there would have been at your place! Gum trees are nice - but not when it's windy! Glad you're all OK

Renee - you could do a salmon mornay. Make a white sauce, add a bit of steamed onion, carrot, peas and stir through the salmon. You could also put some risoni in to bulk it up a bit or serve it over pasta spirals.

Hi Girls!!

mmm all this talk of food is making me HUNGRY!!! unfortnately i just couldnt be bothered cooking for myself tonight. i cooked leila up a feast of fried haluomi fingers, chicken broth with pasta and vegemite on toast with puree apple and banana chaser...I hear you rain...these bubs eat well!! that said i pilfered some haloumi that she had left over...

Rain: i am going to speculate on the name change...cause it is driving me insane!!...are you moving to some gorgeous exotic tropical locale???? please say yes so that i can live vicariously through you...
    Stella seems more like herself today. although still very meek. i am wondering if something is not right with her as she does have epilepsy from a small bleed that happened on her brain a few weeks after leila was born...hmmm. also, she is pretty scared of schoolkids as a couple of boys really hurt her 2 weeks ago by stomping on her leg while she was sleeping. but hopefully the behaviouralist can work with us on that one. i havent called him yet as i want DH to be there as well...

Renee: yeah i can also vouch for the salmon mornay. the kiddlywinks love it and it is something the whole family can eat. or you could make salmon and potato patties...mmmm

Noni: yeah i reckon wait for a quiet time to have a good D&M with DP. you both probably need it. and yeah, if you are not getting a good sleep, then you might as well put asha in a cot and have a few nights of disruption until she gets used to it. that way, you can get a good sleep under your wings in the not too distant future.

Renee: Hello!! long time no hear! i was just thinking this morning that its been awhile!! and i also saw the CAT trucks at kmart. they look awesome!

Pregpan: eeekk! what a big weekend! glad that it appears to not be too serious with the little man. Leila also had a viral rash that totally freaked me out and we also headed straight to the hospy. i dont like to muck about with that kind of stuff.

Cally: i found two kinds of trike that seem interesting...the first is the eurotrike. and the other is one that i found in target. they both seem awesome so now i need to decide...

Where's Sherie?!

AFM: well things have been pretty hectic not having DH around and 4 hungry mouths to feed (DD, Stella and the two Kats). also tuesday is mums group day and that always rages out of control.
    we were woken up last night by the gale storm. we live opposite a massive reserve and all the gum trees were making horrible cracking noises. a few have lost branches. and my backyard looks like a bomb hit it. not to mention my roses.
    they reckon we are in for another bout tomorrow morning...eeekkk!
    Leila is getting better. it has been taking a really long time this time. not too happy about it as i hate to see and her cough so much.

anyway best head off and raid the fridge/pantry as i am officially hungry.

good morning ladies
    Have quickly skimmed, and omg i've missed out on some juicy goss i think. I will have to come back on this afternoon and catch up. Once again, i haven't kept up and it's so hard to get back in again!!! lol.
    catch you all later.

I feel so awful! I haven't had time to do a decent post in here so forgive me for neglecting you all

I have just been soooo terribly busy! It wont be too bad after this week because the school holidays start on Friday and we had no plans to go away at all so it will be nice and relaxing hopefully LOL.

Big new here - last night we had STEPS!!!!!!! Alister was standing up and hanging onto the lounge and I was about 2ft away from him and he turned and walked to me!!! it was so exciting. And then I turned him around and he 'walked' back to the lounge. He thought he was soooo clever and he started laughing and clapping at himself when he did it. The kids got really excited too and he was walking towards them as well. He even did it for his Dad as well. And he gets his popper bike and walks it to one end of the loungeroom, then goes to the front of it and walks it back to the other end LOL. Me thinks the crawling days are numbered now *she says with trepidation*

Someone said a while back about what do you do once they are in bed? We either sit and watch a bit of telly if there is something good on, or otherwise we turn it off and just sit and talk. Sometimes I will do the ironing or tidy up a bit before going to bed. When DH is on nightshift I used to do a bit of cross stitch, but haven't done any for ages. Most times when he is at work I come on here, or watch all the TV shows he hates, but I like (which is most of them LOL)

Marydean, I know you wont see this for a bit, but with the cooking for bubs, I do it at night when I have no distractions from any of them. I haven't had to do it for ages though as I made so much up the last time.

Rainforest, I think you are going to announce that you will be having 2 under 2

Renee, DH used to work for CAT, so he is going to call his old boss to get some stuff for Alister for his birthday and for both boys for Christmas. I brought a heap of T's from gymboree the other day with trucks and loaders etc on them for Alister for summer - $6.99US each they were! I am gonna rue the day I was told about that website I can tell you LOL.

Has MD gone to sleep school? I forgot to wish her luck! Hope all is going well MD.

Sherie, Yay for Alister!! W started walking between people but wouldn't let go of furniture for another three weeks. As soon as he clicked that he could go from thing to thing he has been unstoppable! Now he only crawls to get to something to pull himself up on. I look up and see him toddling across the room, then I look a few seconds later and he is off on another tangent. I miss the days where he sat in one spot lol It is like I have a constant 2 foot tall shadow.

Rainy..... come onnnnn, let us know!!!! That must have been terrifying with the tree. Somewhere near us got hit by lightening when I was in Brisbane, there was an almighty crack and all the power went out. I just about wet myself (if it had happened post baby I would have lol)

Pregpan, that tuna dish sounds yummy. DH won't eat canned fish but I think I will make it for lunches for W and I. I won't find risoni here though, it is spirals, elbows and if you are being very upmarket - penne lol Bummer your DH is going away over your birthday.

I used to work at the CAT lab, analysing the oil and coolant samples that they take for maintenance.

Is there a wonder week around now? Will has been doing heaps of new things the last couple of days;
    *picking up two things with one hand
    *kisses (more an open mouth with too many teeth pressed against my cheek, but cute)
    *increased comprehension - if I say 'bathtime' he goes to the bathroom, 'daddy's home' and he goes to the door, 'where's William's book' and he finds a book
    *crouching and lowering himself to the floor rather than just plonking on his bum, he is also trying to stand back up from a crouch.
    and a few other things I can't think of now. He is getting so big so quickly!

I admitted to the ladies at playcenter that I got Will's birthday wrong. They had a good laugh about it.

I forgot to add my favourite series to my marathon list - Red Dwarf!!! Is it wrong to be a little bit in love with Dave Lister?

We had a really fun time yesterday with an icecream container. I put it on his head and then mine, he thought it was hilarious!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast