Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #33

Woot Sherie!!! Alister is such a 'big boy' now!! dont you just love the way they think they are soo awesome when they do something new?!!
    and IKWYM about great internet shopping...with the US$ doing so poorly i have been going crazy! loads and loads of books and DVDs from amazon!

I forgot that MD was going to sleep school so soon!! forgot to wish her victory vibes! LOL!

Arte: wow W sounds so clued in! i love the ice-cream bucket idea (you should post a photo of it...he would look so cute!).
    love the ticker photo btw! man, these bubs are growing fast!

Leila is 10 months old today!!!!!!!!!!

She also stood on her own yesterday for the first time. she had a toy in each hand and wanted a closer inspection so lent off the table and voila! i dont think she realised what she had done as she was so engrossed! LOL! she is also getting the hang of furniture surfing...not so easy to accommodate as some of the chairs are not great to hold onto...and does anyone elses baby have an affinity for the heaters? we are forced to hide the heater behind the baby gate just to keep her away! so there is no way that i am using the wall one while she is awake. which makes these cold days all the more chilly.

BBL

hi everyone!!! wow all the babies really are growing up... i feel a little like my man is getting left behind - he is STILL trying to learn to crawl!!!! LOL!! oh well he will catch up soon i guess!
    woo hoo to leila on 10 months!! gosh time has gone quickly.
    i was reading someof our early posts the other day and my brith story etc - so emotional!
    N is still sick, he now has an awful cough - it has made him vomit a few times..poor little guy. the temp seems under control now so i am hoping he will be over this soon. dh looked after him yest so i am home with him today... trying to do some work while he is asleep.
    clare - what a feast you made for leila. n would be jealous if he knew!!!
    umm who asked fro salmon ideas> you could prob do the pasta sauce i wrote with salmon instead of tuna (make sure you debone it well obv). salmon patties would also be great... hmm i may make some of them myself!
    sherie - sounds like you have been crazy busy - and shopping up a storm. i found anew site yest ittybittyyuppy - has some adorable things. N got a few treats - to celebrate me going to work an extra day (any excuse). i see the kmart toy sale is on tonorrow (am i right) so i think iw ill pop down there too.
    i think clare was asking about the trike things - i am also looking for one for n for his 1st bday so look fwd to any ideas. also what was that thing MD wrote about (sorry i have missed a lot).
    better go - work to do and still havent had bfast today! i did get a shower - had to after his morning vomit - eewwww!

hello gorgeous girls

happy 10 months leila
    what a big girl she is? can you believe how fast the time goes?
    you'll have to let us know how you go with stella. i'm sure she's not aggressive, i think it's those bl&&dy schoolboys' fault. did you say she had mareema in her?

pregpan-awww poor little noah. i hope he feels better soon the poor little man.

when is md back everyone? i don't think i can tell the news till we're all here....

sherie- you'll have to let us know how the clothes are from gymberoo once you get them. ie. sizing, quality etc. how much is postage? if you highly recommend them i'm going to go sick!!
    alister amazes me, i really think he is one smart cookie...and a crusty demon of dirt of course

arte- i'm go jealous you're getting kisses! i want a big pash off lewis!
    will sounds like he is really coming along so well. i can't believe he goes to the bathroom like that. i'm scared lewis is going to strat thinking his real name is "lulu" (what i call him) or "chunk" (what his dad calls him.

cally and renee- thanks for your concern over the trees. it was just very windy yesterday. the noise was full on. i was shaking. a lady in a suburb near us (still on the mountain) had a massive tree cut straight through and destroy her house. i'm trying to get dp to get some blokes out in cherry pickers to do some tidying up. i love our area but it is very hazardous eg. bushfire, storms etc. cally- i think our area is very similar to the blue mountains in nsw (although i'm told ours is more beautiful

well i'm off to another spotlight shoot at 4pm. lewis is aslepp now so i'm hoping he sleeps till 3pm so he's all fresh. this time it's for the front cover of the catalogue so i'll let you all know the details later.
    jaz- you are on head catlogue watch again!

Arrghhhhh! i NEED to know Rain!!! the suspense is killing me!! OMG! how long does sleep school go for....???
    Wow! congrats for the front cover! that is awesome what a gorgeous man! (we knew it all along).
    I have to warn you that the 'kisses' are pretty gross! they are awesome but you generally need a towel to mop up!! LOL! leila just lunges in and slobbers with a big open mouth...she thinks it's hilarious!

Pregpan: oh I dont think i have seen your birth story...IKWYM tho, when i read leila's i go all gushy LOL!
    As for the pushbar trikes i have found two that seem pretty cool. one is at target (cant remember the name), it has a little umbrella and can be used from 8 months to 3 years (it converts to a normal trike) and the other is the EuroTrike which supposedly has won design awards etc etc. it is for bubs 12 months+. both look cool, although with the latter they are gendered and i dont really like the girly one and the boy one is very boy (IYKWIM). probably still get the boy one though...

Noni, how are things today?

Rainy, yay for the front cover, Lewis is a star! I am paranoid about W not learning his name - my niece thought her name was 'you' because everything was phrased 'do you want...' etc so I make sure I use his name instead eg 'does William want...'

Clare, W has my nieces ride on toy, it is pink and purple and DH isn't very impressed LOL It is scary that our bubs are reaching 10 months, they are such big bubs now. It doesn't seem like that long ago that W was just a tiny poo machine!

Pregpan, hope N gets better soon. He seem to be having a really rough ride lately.

Rainy - wow a cover shoot!!

Sleep school is 4 nights - but when did she go in?

The eurotrikes look great, the ones they have at Target are called smart trike or smoby (not clear in the catalogue - maybe the boy one is smoby or maybe they just have two different brands). The girl comes in pink and red. Page 12 of the Target catalogue (on the website)

Trillian - wow steps!! What a clever little man. I am thinking of getting a walker from the toy library this week.

We had a quick trip into town this morning - KMart had so many toys out, ready for the big sale tomorrow.

Just pulled up the gymboree website - so much stuff!!

Clare - can you put a playpen around the heater? Or move the coffee table in front and block the sides off with boxes so you can have heat?

Arte - I think I am getting kisses too, but they are big and slobbery and they tend to involve teeth around my nose.

yeah i get the kisses too - soooo slobbery but gorgeous to get...
    i like the eurotrike this is the one we have seen around a lot and thought of getting - so i will look at others but for now this is on the list!! clare - i think most ppl must get the boy one, as this is the only one i have ever seen out and about and ALL those bubs cant be boys!
    thanks for the wishes re N - he is still unwell poor little guy and you are right he has had a rough trot lately - i have been feeling v guilty about that wondering if it is something i am doing wrong...
    rainy - wooo hooo on the cover! just found out a friend of mine's little girl is in the kmart catalogue this month too...all these gorgeous bubbas!

Pregpan, I don't think you are doing anything wrong re N's sick run. I think that if they catch one nasty bug then while they are recovering they get hit with another because their immunity is lower

Hi girls,

Sorry I have been MIA again. Have been reading when I can but no time to post.

Rainforest looking forward to hearing the reason behind the name change, I am hoping your UTD and engaged.

I just jumped on to brag and tell everyone I am an aunty again, my SIL just had a gorgeous baby boy. Wish I could afford to go down to Sydney to see them all. I am super excited and had to tell someone.

I will try to jump on again later and catch up properly.

congrats ozstar!!!
    thanks arte for the reassurance, rationally i know it isnt my fault but you know the mother guilt still kicks in...
    he vomited again from coughing so much
    my gp called tho all tests have come up neg so it is def viral/flu. i toldhim what is happenin and he wasnt too concerned.so nice of him, he has called each day as i told hm how worried i am... he is a family friend but still it is so nice of him.

Ohhh Katie that is SUPER news!!! congrats to your sister for the
    is this her first??

Whoa! there's been quite some chattering going on today LOL!

G, definately will let you know what the sizes are like. I did start a thread on here asking about sizing, and found some on ebay which I asked the seller about and apparently they are comparable to aus sizing which is great to know. The size for an 18mth old will fit an 18mth old with a bit of room to spare. The height range is what worries me - Alister is at the top of the height range for the 12-18mth size, so I got some in 12-18mth and some in 18-24mth just to be safe. I love that they have slim fit stuff too - the girls are so lean, and Paige is so tall that regular stuff is too wide in the waist. I got a heap of stuff for the girls too lol - their hair accessories are divine. Postage is exxie though at $30 for orders up to $125, so I made sure I spent nearly that much LOl to make the postage worthwhile.

BTW G, the woman you are talking about with the tree through her house, it came on the news as "woman and her infant son...." and I thought it was going to be you! but it wasn't, so I didn't get to see you LMAO.

To answer Arte's Q, not sure about the wonder week as such but they do have quite a few develpmental *leaps* from 9-12mths. Alister is starting to make word associations too now and can say "baa" for bath when I ask him if he wants one. He also does this thing that when he is going to be norti and I catch him, he puts one hand over his eye, like he is hiding LMAO - its soooo funny. Then I ask him "where is Alister" and he pulls his hand away and smiles. He loves Lindsays cars too and pushes them around making car sounds.

Just quickly, it's bath time.....

There is a wonder week at Week 37 (36-40 weeks). "The world of Categories"

Good work on all those steps going on, lots of early movers in here.

OMG, Lu has just layed a big log on the floor while i was typing! Aw well at least it's not carpet.

Re the big open mouth slobbery kisses - they just melt my heart & yes you do need a towel to mop them up but you really dont mind because its too cute!

Rainforest - OMG cmon girl spit it out! Hehe. What a shock having those trees fall, I'm so glad they fell away from your place. Do you have to cut your trees back often to prevent them falling? Good luck to Lewis with the photo shoot little hunk-a-spunk!

Falguni - LMAO at Lu's log!!!!!! Sorry I know it aint so funny for you.

Trillian - Wow go Alister thats fantastic!

Arte - My god I am so in awe at how smart Will is. Is it normal for them to be that smart at this age iykwim!? I think you have the next PM or at least a doctor on your hands there. I cannot believe how clever he is.

Katie - Congrats on becoming an Aunty again woo hoo! Glad to hear bub is all safe and well.

Pregpan - I've been the same with getting the guilts over Maddie being sick alot too. It does have to do with their immunity being low when they are sick though. Its horrible when they are ill. You arent paranoid parents at all, I'd be rushing off to the doc or hospital if I felt the need, you can never be sure with bubs they seem to go downhill fast so its always best to have them looked at. DP and I are exactly the same as you and your hubby when it comes to our precious bub being sick. I am in awe of your cooking skills! Maddie and Noah seem to be on the same wavelength with crawling, I am not worrying about it either. It will happen when it happens!

Cally - Target are also preparing for a huge toy sale so check them out if you can.

Clare - Happy 10 months to Leila! I will have to check out this eurotrike. You are another great cook by the sounds of it.

Noni - Have you had a talk to DP? Thats not fair of him at all! Sometimes these men just need a reminder!

MD - Have I missed something is MD at sleep school? I know its late, but good luck MD & hope to see you back in here soon.

Renee - How is the job going? Love the idea of the truck theme for Rory. Your latest pics of him on FB are just gorgeous. Thats great that the girls rearranged their day for you, how nice.

Jazmum - Love the pics of the girls on FB. They are so beautiful you are very lucky.

I've got a carrot & zucchini bake in the oven for Mad's & I for tea tonight. DP works late on a Wed night as car yards are open till 9 tonight.

Has anyone else got a fetish for baby shoes? My gosh I am addicted, I am constantly buying baby shoes for Maddie. I got some real cute ones from Hong Kong on ebay, well they arrived today and lets just say I forgot they all have small feet over there lol. Ah well hopefully my gf who is due soon will have a baby girl & I'll send them her way.

I got a baby ball pit today for Maddie from coles for $15.00, she loves it.

Oh wow I just got a call from my mum who has been in the baby section of the surf shop & bought a whole heap of stuff for Maddie! Isnt that sweet!? I have never bought anything from the surf shop for her, cant believe how much they charge for baby clothes mind you just because it has a name written on it!!

Oooh Trillian how do I enter Maddie in the bellybelly comp? The amount of pics I've got of Maddie and the cat I may as well..

Don't worry MM, i was laughing! Carrot and zucchini bake sounds yummo.

MM post the bake recipe - sounds like something i should try!

yes hayley, post the bake recipe- sounds yum

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast