Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #35

Happy birthday for yesterday Pregpan. I'm a bit slow! I'm due about the 12th of march and think Raino is having her scan today or tomorrow???

GL for your scan Rain. My m/s has kicked up a notch, feeling a bit average.

Leanne, glad your man is ok. Bet you were pleased to have him home.

MD- i give Lu a whole chunk of banana. She holds it and muches on it. She sometimes puts too much in, but not so often these days. Although with grapes i am sure she is trying to play chubba bubba, she just keeps stuffing them in, so i only give her a few at a time!

How is A today Trillian? It is so hard to do anything when they turn into little koalas for the day.

What do you think the nutritional vale of slaters is? hmmmmmmmm Lu seems to like them. they keep coming into the house in the wood and she tries to eat them.

ooo i can hear her stiring, going in for the pat to see if i can get 2 sleep cycles out of her! bbl

lol the nutritional value of slaters hahaha not sure!!
    well i am enjoying my bubba free day!! i feel so relaxed i soaked in the tub and had a shower and washed my hair and i am about to make some lunch and watch the batchelor hehe what i day!!
    might even do a little cleaning later if i can be bothered no gauranteas though haha..
    hope your all having a lovely day

Hi everybody
    I'm so excited!!!! I braved the Target Toy sale this morning and i got the pink Smart Trike!!!! I think my Guardian Angels helped me out alot today. How did you go Cally?

Leanne - glad your Dh is home safe and sound.

ange - i haven't tried Hannah with grapes yet, i think she'd just swallow them whole lol.
    what are slaters? (i'm guessing they are some kind of bug?)

have just made some shepherds pie for Hannah's lunch. Need some other ideas - i haven't tried the salmon rissoles yet so might give those a go.

eta - fantastic noni are you feeling lonely at all? or just enjoying your 'me time'.

Hi Girls!

oohh Ange! the m/s is a bitter-sweet part of pregnancy isnt it!

Leanne: dont you just love those welcome home hugs!!

MD: with finger foods i give leila whole bananas whole toast etc. i cut up meat and am still grating cheese and raw fruits (eg apple). i also give her whole biccies (arrowroots and plasmon) and whole crackers. she also shoves the whole banana in her gob, but manages ok with it!

Scary about carpet piece! we have a woolen rug that threatens to choke her at times...especially as she sits there trying to pick at it.

bummer! i missed the dr phil episode on sects!! that would have been sooo interesting, especially as i have just become a fan of big love! LOL!

MM: Glad the swimming was fun! i hope that leila loves it too...not holding my breath though...
    hope the rash mystery has been solved! she may just have sensitive skin to the chemicals...

Ozstar: that's so cool that he likes the smart trike! i am going out to buy one like that in the next couple of days for Leila, so am feeling extra inspired!

AFM: well i have a question for you lovely ladies: I just had to pick leila up from kindy as she has conjunctivitis!!! What the??!! i dropped her off and nothing, then 2 hours later and she is the goop-monster! what do i do???????? she has never had this before! is it like sticky-eye?? (she did have that when she was a newbie...and we used chamomile washes). what do you guys recommend? should she go to the drs to have it confirmed?

other than that all is pretty good. lovely shiny day here in melbourne which is rare!

BBL

JaZaH, slaters are woodlice. I got some kids ravioli that W seems to like. They are vege and cheese ones with no artificial colours etc, he has been having them for lunch the last couple of days.

Clare, not sure about the conjunctivitis, maybe ring the doc to see if there is anything special you need to use for it.
    MD, we have had banana in every way possible lol We started with 1 inch chunks, but he started chucking them away so I moved to bite sized bits pre loaded on a spoon, now I just peel a bit and he takes a big bite off the top.

Noni, enjoy your baby free day. I am envious. I had planned to go out for a hot choc and read a crappy magazine by myself on Saturday, but the Carrot Festival is on so we will go to that instead.

Ange, sorry about the morning sickness. I am so clucky that it is clouding my memories of how sick I was lol. I think Slaters have a lot of protein? lol thankfully W hasn't eaten any bugs yet that I am aware of.

Leanne, glad your DH is back safely.

Ozstar, well done on the smart trike, it looks really cool (and L looks like such a big boy sitting on it)

Will seems happier today, yesterday he was following me everywhere whinging, it was a very long day. Last night he slept for 3 hours, then another 3 hours then decided it was time to play. I wasn't very impressed. Then he decided he needed nipple in his mouth for the rest of the night.
    Last edited by Artechim; July 24th, 2008 at 01:54 PM.

ooh JaZMum: we must have posted around the same time! WTG on the smart trike!! i soo wanted to go today, but the thought is kinda horrifying! our target is normally madness, so today must be just plain scary...but, you gotta do what ya gotta do...maybe i'll hold leila and her conjunctivitis out the front of me so that people steer clear and gives us a path!!!!LOL!!

Arte: thanks for the explanation! i was wondering....lol!

Clare- the chemist has stuff you can buy over the counter. However I have found it takes longer to work. I now always go to the dr and he always prescribes stuff that works really quickly. (sorry we have not had it for a long time so can not remember what its called). The boys got it from Daycare too and I freaked the first time too.

cassius - hahahahaha use the conjunctavitus to ward off the others!!!
    i am not sure if we are going to the toy sale tonight i want to but i am scared haha..
    jazmum - yep slaters are those grey little bugs that have heaps of legs and kinda roll up in a ball sometimes.. is it bad i dont really feel lonly?? i am feeling good and am happy she is coming back soon and i just feel refreshed like i can start again with her you know? i really needed it and am glad its going to be once a fortnight

ahhhhh i still have no space bar and now i have no enter key
    makes it very hard to type
    am i the only one here who can't get into people's galleries to see their pics?

lewis is driving me crazy atm re: sleep. i am one weekend of no sleep away from doing control crying i reckon. last night iput him to bed at 7pm he woke up at 7.30 and went hypo and refused to sleep again until 12.30 and only with a permanent nipple attached to him.i am going insane.
    it seems the naughtier he gets, the more dp loves him. what is with that?
    he thinks he's the funniest cutest baby ever!

quickie queen again today LOL

Alister has been fine today and not all that clingy at all. He did have a huge stack today with resulted in a fat lip and a blood nose but all's good now.

Noni- Enjoy your mumma time you lucky girl
    Jazmum- I was looking at one of those trikes for Olivia. I am making shepard pie for dinner tonight.
    Art- I am glad W is better

I am so exicted my girlfriend from school (yes I said school) is coming over for dinner tonight I have not seen her in more than 10years. Only talk via email as I found her through facebook a couple of months ago. She lives in Katherine. She has 2 sets of twins and a singleton. Going to try and get some tips from her.lol.

clare - hannah has had conjunctivitis. You can use saline from the chemist, and they do have over the counter drops you can buy. I ended up taking Hannah to the dr because it wasn't clearing, and she prescribed Chlorsig drops.
    our target wasn't too bad today. They have learnt from previous years and have a few different stations set up for layby and rainchecks.

leanne - hope you have a nice catch-up with your friend tonight. Will her children be with her as well?

rainy - i feel for you I received a new spotlight catalogue, but couldn't see L in there. Maybe the next one. Have you checked out the fedupwithfoodadditives website? Maybe something L is eating doesn't agree with him?

noni - not bad at all lol. I'm so glad that you're feeling refreshed - a happy mummy means a happy baby

Just a quick one as K is really whingy and the arrowroot biscuit only lasted long enough for me to read the posts.

Jazmum - well done on the trike, I went and scoped them out on Tuesday and they had 4 of the pink ones. I rang and checked yesterday and it is raincheckable so we will go in on Saturday and either get it or order it.

Ozstar - great pic of the new trike!

Pregpan - returning to work on Sept 23. Happy Birthday for yesterday!!

Noni - glad you enjoyed your baby free day, lucky you.

well girls you have inspired me to brave target!! i might check out the catalogues and get down what i want before heading in tho'!

Thanks for the conjunctivitis tips! DH is currently at the Drs with her...so i will wait and see..

Rain: oh you poor thing!! sleep issues are so draining! and that things are better tonight.
    oh and DHs dont mind so much cause at the end of the day, it's up to us to 'fix' everything.

Sherie: just another day for A huh?!! LOL! they just barrel along these days dont they?!

hi to everyone else!

Rainy I sooo hear you on the naughty baby thing! Miss E is getting so cheeky and her latest favorite thing is raking her nails across my face/pinching my nose/clawing my lips - all of which I can cope with - and pinching my nipples (@%#$!) which I cannot take at all! She doesn't understand the concept of OW! Well hahaha (*insert evil mummy laugh*) I have just bought a plastic baby penitentiary! It's called a musical playpen but it has gaol-like bars and a LOCK on the door panel! So when I need physical detachment she can go in there for some solitary confinement! Mumsy gets the last laugh today!

Rainy, (part 2) don't be hard on yourself if you resort to drastic measures on the sleep front. You need to fit your own oxygen mask before you assist other passengers!

Well I nearly went to Target for some school tops for H but I'm glad I didn't now (I forgot the sale was on). I haven't even looked at the catalogue. How unbargain-minded am I this week??!! LOL I'm just soooooo delighted with the PP (plastic penitentiary) that I feel like I never need to shop ever again.

Clare with Conjunctivitis you will prolly need to take her to the Dr every time. You can usually tell at home by looking at the pink bit under her bottom eyelid - if it's red and angry then it's "real" conjunctivitis. Anywhich way it's excludable so the CC can refuse to have her until it's been treated. My DD1 is prone to getting red irritated eyes in spring and we've had a few false Conjunctivitis alerts with her, now i give her a shot of dimetapp and check the next morning. However she's had it a few times and we've gone to the drs and it's turned out she has an ear infection or tonsillitis as well so I always err on the side of caution.

Blahblahblah I'm very talkative today aren't I??

Leanne wow your friend must be some kind of wonderwoman! Can you send her over to my place when you've juiced all her wisdom out of her, I need some too! LOL

Arte, as a serious pumpkin-festival devotee, I absolutely insist on a full run down of the carrot festival haha. Orange vegetables are the best!!

MM, ah i've done that and worn clothes before washing them and i was itching for days afterwards! It's only some clothes, I personally think it's either chemicals or maybe little eeny dustmiteycritterycreatures that are camping in the dust.

Noni, WTG on your bubba-free day! I had my first bubba=free hours in about 4 weeks today! It went soooo fast now I can't wait until Monday! haha No guilt from this mumma.

Ange, do you cut/peel your grapes first? I was always worried they're the right size for choking. I'm an expert grape peeler these days LOL (Just practising for my roman slave girl fantasies ).

Ok, better go, going to shut my eyes for 15 minutes before grumpy E gets up. Even if it's not long enough for sleep, my brain appreciates the darkness LOL.

ETA Cally thanks for the raincheckability info. If I get around to looking at the catalogue sometime soon I might even get inspired to raincheckme some things.

JaZaH thanks for reminding about about the glass test. That's a sign for meningoccal (when the rash doesn't disappear).

Clare don't forget to check lasoo dot com dot au , it lets you search across shopping catalogues in your area (my latest fave thing on the internet)

is there a dude with a big leaf and a little leaf over his groin? i just cut them in half. No peeling. too lazy for that!

Trill- you sound so cool about a blood nose?! Is that what i'll be like after a couple of kids? i think a blood nose would have me worried, and i am pretty laid back on all accounts! Maybe not when it comes to my baby. lol

Bath time, gotta fly!

Gracie, I fully sympathise - we had a nipple in mouth night last night too. When he wakes up do you get him up? W used to stuff around heaps at bedtime until I made a stand. Now bedtime is bedtime. To start with he would play around for over an hour to see if I would let him get back up but I just lay in bed and ignore him, every few minutes I lay him next to me and see if he will feed. He usually goes to sleep within 20-30 minutes now. Not sure if that is any help, I guess what I am dribbling about is that it is better in the long run to tough it out and keep him in bed (although it is bluddy boring for you) than rewarding him by letting him get back up IYKWIM.

Good luck with the scan tomorrow, hope you see one healthy little bubba in there.

MD, W is a nipple pincher/puller/twister. It drives me mental but he will only go to sleep if he is feeding off one boob and fondling the other. I will let you know how the Carrot Festival goes, I am sadly excited about it lol

I think my decision between the smarttrike and the eurotrike was made for me because nowhere here stocks the smart trike. Can someone tell me what prices are like over there for them?

Better go, Babylon 5 to watch

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast