Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #35

OK who knows how to cook red meat!? I just made hamburgers for Maddie, mince, wostershire sauce, onion, carrot and two egg yolks. She devoured them like crazy, but I think I'm doing something wrong as the hamburgers crumbled apart and she couldnt pick them up easily. Is it due to not using the full eggs or does mince just tend to crumble apart?

Re parties, we are doing something small at home I think. Still planning it.

H - my rissoles always fall apart, so i don't think i can help you there.

Hi MM
    Try to add something to 'bind' them - maybe some breadcrumbs? that may help...though if she loved them, then who cares if they fell apart!! yummo, i may make some for N, just thinking he prob doesnt eat enough red meat...
    Re the phenergen - i agree re testing it, as i have heard of others with Cally's reaction LOL!!! i also know a few ppl who have done it and it has worked. I do know yo uhavwe to pretend your bubba is over 2 to get it, so for me that makes it a no go... we are off to bali at at end of aug and i figure i will just deal with how N is, but your flight is longer!!

Drat Pregpan, I very nearly successfully started a rumour that it was memorable because you had some "news" to share! LOL Aaaah the perils of the pram not being in the car! Sounds like it was a comedy of errors from the get go.

MM, re the phenergan, I'm not really in favour of using a sedative to get through a journey. I'd be saving it for desperate circumstances, I'm thinking long haul flight to Europe! I guess you could take it with you and decide depending on how well she is travelling or not. ETA - if it's not available under 2 yo I'd be erring on the side of not giving it unless you've talked to your dr and been given the correct dosage regimen.

Sherie, show us your invites!!

Leanne, I like the idea of a colour-themed party. Will you have pink food too? (MD's brain starts ticking over - you could have beetroot dip with a bit of sour cream mixed in, pink kranskies, cup cakes with pink icing, pink marshmallows, iced vovos, fairy bread with pink sprinkles, watermelon - (pink-ish) and strawberries, pink lemonade)...! What fun

Hi Nina, I think I'm the only one here NOT organising a party LOL! How's the pregnancy going?

Jazmum, it's strange when there's no one here too. I keep going to E's room to 'check on her' and then realise she's across the road LOL! You're showing your age, talking about the Delinquents, I had one of those moments the other day when I was talking about Nicole in BMX Bandits PMSL! Aaah I hope we've got a bit of wisdom to show for it...?

BTW, to soothe all your envy, the sleeping through was apparently a once off. E was up twice again last night! However, nice to know that it CAN happen once in a while.

I missed out on going back to Target, I was going to nip up in the last hour of E being at FDC but I got the dreaded phone call from school instead. DD1 did not take a water bottle to school and has made a miraculous recovery upon arriving home and drinking a large glass of water. She will *not* however being going out to GGuides tonight! Am I a mean mummy?
    Last edited by AnyDream; July 30th, 2008 at 03:43 PM.

MD- DH did a test run of Pink Crackles. Instead of using Cocoa he used Pink Quick... They turned out great... lol. Maybe E was teasing you with sleeping a full night. Any way hope it happens tonight.

ninaLVoesbags Guest

thanks leemar and madsmum, i want to do it small too but the inlaws want it BIG... i get pressured sometimes, like with my DS's christening we spent way over budget and is still paying off our cards... i was thinking to rent a place and bring in food, we don't know a lot of people with kids so it'll be mostly grown ups...

ninaLVoesbags Guest

oh and MaryDean... pregnancy's great... little DS#2 is kicking away like crazy and I can't wait to meet him!!!

nina - i just read your ticker - Congratulations!!!!!! You haven't got too much longer to go. Lachlan is a little cutie too!

re party - Zoe's 5th birthday is 2 days after Hannah's, so we're going to combine them. Zoe wants a fairy party (just for something a little bit different ) so that's the way we're going to go.

md - what a shame that E didn't sleep through last night as well .

hi girls!

wowsers today you have been busy!! arrghhh so much to read...so deliciously addictive LOL!

Leanne: i hope that it's not the razor blades of tonsilitis. mine is just getting worse and worse. i finish this round of penicilin, so no doubt the dr will give me another which i am not too fond of. i had the penicilin shot, but it just kinda knocked it out temporarily...i wanna rip them out!

MD: yeah, i will go tomorrow to the drs and try to get something different. i am not too keen on doing more than one course of abs as one of the mums in my group had two rounds of one and ended up with liver failure a couple of months ago.
    And no, you are not a mean mummy, just one without wool over her eyes! LOL!
    you're right, the knowledge that E can do it, is very comforting. i remember when L was heading for the sleep throughs and gave us a couple of kiss and a promise nights. it gave me hope that one day she would just do it. and she did...ITH!

Nina: hey congrats on the pregnancy! such a nice time!
    IKWYM about party pressures! we had our wedding earlier this year and it was nightmarish! for leila's we are hiring the local community centre and park and doing a BBQ. trying desperately to keep it low key. no theme as yet...although working on it!

pregpan: oh no! what a birthday!! and trust me it did sound pretty shocking! Is N feeling a bit better?

MM: yeah, try testing the phen. beforehand. i have heard the horror stories of it having the hyper effect too. friends that flew to canada (for a week!!!) with their 6 month old said it was pretty tricky, but you go into survival mode and the bubs cope ok. and you're right, the flight times sound really good. i read that you have to try to keep them in their time zone as much as possible while flying...ITH.

JaZmum: yeah i felt pretty spesh seeing the BB centre. and kelly is really really nice. i felt really welcome. i am so glad that it exists and have been selling it to all the mums at group!

i had best be off as DH has made us a cup of tea. bbl for more...

Default I'm back...!

Hi Everyone
    Well, I'm back I've been lurking around here but have only just had enough time to do a decent post.
    I'm glad to hear everyone has been going well, I've tried to read back some posts to see how everyone is going but there is just too damn many.
    Sarah is growing so big and has a total of 6 teeth with another on its way if the red cheeks and munched fingers are anything to go by. She has been doing swimming lessons as well, we're lucky enough to have an indoor heated hydrotherapy pool close by. So the only cold bit is the dash to the change rooms for me. The instructor has started dunking her during the lessons which freaked me out a bit but Sarah seemed to like, until of course I tried it and she cracked a nana at me. And yep, she has started to 'fall' off the side into the water during 'Humpty Dumpty' as well. She preempts it and dives right in.
    Shes not crawling yet but can still get around by rolling. She also loves standing up and will step really well so maybe she will walk without really crawling. I try to give her lots of floor time but the little terror has started pulling herself up. Definately time to lower the cot down to its bottom level!
    I'm planning two partied for her as well. She'll be having one up here in Bundy and the other back in Ipswich. The Bundy one will be more like a BBQ dinner for a few family members, got her cake and invites in place and the rest will be very straight forward. Where as the Ipswich one will be hardcore, more people ,bigger deal as it will be on her actual birthday. That one will be cupcake themed with invites, cake, decorations and of course cupcakes all over the place. Should be a blast. I was lucky enough to grab the last pink smart trike from Target so that is her big pressie and then shes got heaps of other small things to open, play with for a second and then discard in favour of the wrapping paper or box.
    Anyway, better get dinner organised for us all...take care and I'll be back soon to chat more and hopefully keep up with all you Chatty Kathys.

ninaLVoesbags Guest

thanks JaZmum and Cassius2, yea we might just actually hire a local community centre and bring in food.... as renting an indoor playground is not very practical as most kids we know are less than 1 year old...

hey there everyone just a quick one as i am dead tired!! feeling really weird hope it is just the fact i am run down.. not really ready for another bub yet...
    dr said asha is fine.. spose its teeth or something... no idea but its wearing me out

Just a quick one from me, I had every intention of sitting down and catching up but time has gotten away from me once again.

Hi to Kate and Nina.

Re parties we are going out to lunch since my family will be visiting and the following weekend we are having a BBQ with friends. We were going to hire a hall but thought it was to much work lol. We had a joint 1st birthday last Sunday with our friends from antenatal class, it was lovely.

Logan has been sleeping really well lately, not waking and sleeping in until 7am. I am a very happy mumma but don't want to jinx it. He is also eating really well, all in all I am very happy. Had him weighed today and he is 10kg. His feet are 11.5cm, mind you I could hardly hold his foot still so who knows what they really are lol.

Anyway I started this post about 40 min ago and must really get to bed. I promise to catch up properly tomorrow.

Hi there Kate!! Great to hear from you again.

Oz - What a good boy Logan is sleeping through the night. Wonderful that you are happy too

noni - i hope you're feeling better soon. I'm glad that Asha doesn't have anything nasty.

Jess lost her first tooth tonight. I'm feeling quite sad because it's a sign that she is growing up. Anyway, now i'm searching for free printable tooth fairy letters etc. She's put her tooth in a little container under her pillow, so i'm going to find a bit of glitter and sprinkle it on her sheets (the tiniest amount ) and put the letter and a couple of gold coins. It's so exciting creating special memories

Oh far out didnt realise the phenergan was for over the age of two, so we wont be going with that silly idea at all. I didnt really like the idea of 'drugging' her up. I think she will be fine, I'll give her a bottle on the way up and way down & she should sleep for a bit seeing as its her normal sleep time. Apart from that if we have to pace up and down the plane with her, big deal. She is pretty easy going so I'm sure she'll be ok.

Jazmum - Aw thats such a sweet idea! I remember my mum doing that for me and believing it was the tooth fairy. Cant wait to do that stuff with M.

Katie - Ooh I am jealous of that sleep!

Noni - Hang in there. Maybe you need some iron? Glad Asha is ok.

Nina - WOW I just noticed you are onto bub number 2, congrats. How exciting! Why dont you keep the bday low key and just have something small at your place for close friends and family?

Pregpan - This is the first time M has ever had red meat, so dont stress about N lol. I'll try the breadcrumbs next time thanks for that tip.

MD - Aww sounds like DD1 just wanted to be with mummy. Did she have a headache?

Well I lay byed the pink smart trike for chrissy or her birthday, not sure yet. I also bought a new FP toy its a set of drums that snaps into a rolling toy, that encourages the baby to crawl after it. Maddie is SO close to crawling so I thought this may help her take that final step. Not to mention it was cheap hehe.

Just a quickie- sorry havn't read anything...
    i had shingles not so long ago and it seems they have reappeared. They dont generally treat preggo women unless it is in the eye area, which it is. So i have to take a category B3 drug. Which the royal womans hospital say is fine, but makes me nervous as hell. Off to Opthamologist today, hopefully eye will be clear and maybe i wont have to take the rest of the meds..... fingers crossed anyway!

well another nightmare night here! ive taken to sleeping on the lounge with asha in her bouncer because its the only way i can get atleast a few hours sleep while asha is like this! when she wakes up in the morning then at 6ish and i am dead tired ive been putting her in the portacot infront of the tv ?(which is horrible i know) just so i can get another half hour snooze...
    off to my friends place today over where we used to live.. i hate not being a walk up the road from them now because i used to see them all the time and now we miss not having that social thing and the kids miss each other.. i am lucky that another school friend found me and she lives closer to here so i have been seeing her and her little girls a bit which has been good although slightly weird because i used to date her brother and it was a terribly messy break up lol...
    ange - oh noo they come back due to stress dont they? understand your nervous but i am sure everything will be fine if the hospital says its fine i am sure it is
    madsmum - you could always try rescue remedy(though it does have alcohol in it) but i found on the plane to melbourne asha slept most the time only thing we had to give her was panadol because we had a slow decent on the way home and it hurt her ears.. u just feed them on the way up and down or give a dummy to pop their ears..
    jazmum - your so cute!! glitter on the sheets and everything!
    katie - congrats on logans sleeping!! u must feel a million bucks!
    welcome nina and welcome back kate sorry i didnt say that earlier!

Morning everyone

Ange - you poor thing - that must be so painful!!! I hope you get the all-clear from the Opthamologist today. You definitely don't need this on top of your m/s.

noni - did Asha's disturbed sleep start when you moved, or what is it happening before that?

Well, Jess woke up so excited this morning. I wish i believed in fairies still. (although i do believe in Guardian Angels - they don't leave little gifts under my pillow)
    DH left a bag of white rocks from the guardian from the 'Elephant Fairy". We have a family thing about elephants - we love them!

Poor Hannah has a red raw bottom, and is poohing so much at the moment. I'm thinking it might be some more teeth getting ready to make an entrance.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast