Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #35

do any of your bubs not do sippy cups> i am worried that N will not use and does not drink water etc yet

pregpan: yeah leila is a sippy cup addict. she carries it everywhere just to prove she can...
    oohhh a date night?! how exciting!! ha ha ha hopefully the only 'intervention' will be a nice bottle of wine!!

MD: we had a speech pathologist come to our mums group twice and she gave us some good advice on how to handle languages and what to expect (or not expect!). IKWYM about the immersion. leila was in an italian playgroup, but they were mixing sentences and it was a bit disorganised so we dropped it. also there is only a kinder here that does italian, after that nothing. so plenty trips to italy will have to suffice.
    LOL! i have tried the decaf trick!! he busted me and is adamant he can taste the difference..ppffft.
    yeah, will visit the dr tomorrow (hopefully will get in). not happy jan.

Ange: feel for ya sista. more your way.

hi everyone
    just a food update from here - spaghetti bol a big hit - i made it the usual way but also grated in some courgette and carot for extra goodness - Noah loved it (i did it with normal macaroni kind of chopped up). so theres another red meat idea...

hi girls

sorry i've been mia, been kinda busy. went into the city yesterday with my dad- ate some lebanese food, got my eyebrows waxed, drank a mango smoothie- ahhh i feel like a new woman!

btw, those of you that have carried different sex children (i think that's only you sherie, isn't it?) did you have similar food cravings with same sexes? does that make sense?
    it's just that last time i was obsessed with mangoes...and it seems i'm the same this time too.
    i've gone completely off chicken too, although that could be due to jamie oliver

ahhh, where do i start? so much chatting, so little time
    dp has just gone up the road to get pizza AGAIN!! why does it seem like we eat pizza every week? mmmm probably cos we do...bad i know!

ange- big big hugs to you honey
    shingles are horrific. my mum had them when she was going through chemo. you poor love. hope dh is looking after you well.

noni- have you done a hpt???? who do you think prince lorenzo will choose tomorrow? i'm going for sadie...
    does anyone like the name sadie?

clare- leila is going to be such a spunky little italian bella.gorgeous

jaz- how did the tooth fairy go?

hayley and renee- i can't believe you too nearly ran into each other. was it in that main mall in the centre of perth?
    how far do you guys live from the city/each other?

hayley- i know you're a vego, and a home ec teacher, so i thought i'd ask, what is your fav vego pasta recipe? i'm trying to find a cracker one that i could cook once a week. i've tried a few out of books but none arereally hitting the spot iykwim?

sherie- LOVE the cake, how special

pregpan- lewis is just starting to get the hang of sippy cups- he usually just throws them around though. i have found the best one is the tommee tippy nuby one.

leanne- happy 11 months olivia, big kisses to your sweetheart.

lewis has totally gone off solids lately- i'm putting it down to him being sick, but do you thinkishould be worried at all?

mmmm- i hear pizza! bbl for more personals

Pregpan - Dont worry M has NO idea when it comes to the sippy cup. I have tried three different ones now, and even tried just going straight to the straw. Too hard!! I guess they will get there eventually, I've never seen a 10 yr old who hasnt got the hang of using a real cup lol. How is N going with crawling? We still have no official crawling here but M moves around in her own little way. Spaghetti sounds Yumo, going shopping tonight so I'll get some more mince and make some up. I'm getting into cooking red meat, so proud of myself hehehe! Yes you are right its only a short flight, I'd rather walk her up and down the plane for the entire flight than give her drugs. We are going in early Sept. Hey have fun in Bali, we are looking at going early next yr. I want to get married there! How long are you going for?

Noni - Who cares if you had to put A in front of the tv for a bit, we've all done it. Its horrible when you get no sleep.

Ange - Major hugs!! I bet you were concerned as to whether it would affect bubs? What can you do to treat it while preggers, or have you already said & I've missed it?

Sherie - Thanks for your tips re phenergan, its definately a no go here. DP was dead against it from the start, but the way the work girls have been carrying on, gosh. Thought I'd better check it out. Good idea re the Brauer calm. Your invites look SO COOL! I need publisher. We dont have anything like that on our computer, in fact we need a new computer all together HAHA.

MD - I got a ball pit in coles for $15 on sale.

Clare - That is so good that you get right into Italian with L. We'd love to do something like that, but Perth has nothing to cater for it. The best time to start learning a language is now.

Gracie - Well I am about 20 mins from the city, not sure about Renee. Just shows how pathetically small Perth is LOL. Glad you had a nice day out with your dad. How far does your dad live from you? Does he spend much time with L? Vego pasta....ummmm hahahaha I may be studying home economics and am a vego but I dont have a recipe for a great vego pasta. Have you looked on taste dot com? They have some awesome yumo recipes. Re Lewis and solids, M has been off her food for a couple of wks now and I've just put it down to teeth. It could be because he isnt 100%. I wouldnt worry unless he is losing weight or waking hungry at night.

I cooked bacon today, go me! I made Maddie bacon & chive quiches for lunch.

I love Perth because it is so small - we went there for our honeymoon and can't wait to get back there.

Pregpan, Alister doesn't drink out of his cup either, so N isn't the lone ranger LOL.

G, My only turn off was Broccoli with all pgs, but the degree of how much it affected me varied from pg to pg and was worse with the boys. Any other time if I was a bit sick I would just eat what my stomach felt like eating. Although with Lindsay I couldn't get enough oranges or milk - I drank up to 2lts of milk a day sometimes when I was pg with him. And with Alister it was Dare espresso - so still a dairy craving

Pregpan, I reckon with all those gourmet dinners at your place, Noah is holding out until he gets a wine glass ! LOL Have you tried a cup with a straw or even just an open-lipped cup?

Rainy - eyebrows AND a mango smoothie!! Wow. My vego sister's fave pasta dish involves stuffing large shells with a ricotta/onion/spinach mixture then spooning a rich tomato sauce and a sprinkle of cheese over the top and baking until melty and nice. You could do similar with cannelloni too.

I love Perth too, we went there for a holiday when I was pg with DD1 and had some amazing freaky coincidences happen there all centred around an 'angel' theme. Bought a heap of furniture there too.

Really? I would love to get outta Perth & move to Melbourne, but DP wont leave his job. I guess now it doesnt really matter as I wouldnt be enjoying the night life now that we have a bub hehe.

Trillian - One of my big time cravings was brocolli. Couldnt get enough of the stuff. Had it on my dinner plate almost every night a week!

MD - YUM do you know the recipe for your sisters pasta?

I made that delicious mexican burrito bake for tea again tonight, was funny watching M gobbling it down but pausing to spit out the pieces of corn!

We did food shopping tonight and a bunch of teenage girls were losing it laughing at M's psychadelic trolley mate & calling it flower power. We were having a laugh too, it truely is hideous and embarrassing. DP's 90 yr old granny bought it for us. When she told me she was getting us one I thought excellent that will come in handy, then when I opened the box....what a shock. DP said I could never ever use it in public LOL.

Ok now I'm off to read my NW magazine with a tragic pic of Britney and her son on the front, and her son is playing with her ciggies and lighter!!

geez you girls can talk!!
    ughh last night was terrible i think on top of everything now asha is getting a cold! dp has bronchitis so i really hope it dosnt get to that for her!! dp let me sleep a bit last night i fell asleep on the lounge at 9 and he didnt wake me up till 2 when he was too tired to stay up anymore and asha was still upset.. i ended up waking him up again at 4 because she was crying and had already had nurofen and panadol and i just couldnt handle it due to the days of lack of sleep.. he wasnt impressed at all he said i was being nasty to him.. dont see how he expects me to speak to him nicely when i am about to have a nervous breakdown from lack of sleep!! anyway he ended up getting up with her and didnt bring her back to me till about 6:30 at which point i gave her more panadol (she was crying again) and she slept for another hour so i do feel much better today.. i looked in her mouth yesterday and can see 4 top teeth coming so it could be that not sure...
    have a fancy dress party to go to on the 9th and am sooo lost haha i dont really like fancy dress parties i always avoid them but its my friends 21st lol dp wants to go as john lennon because i straightened his hair yesterday(its got a bit of a natural curl in the ends) and its really long and he thinks it would be easy lol i might just end up going as his groupie lol.. i am looking for a teddy bear brown jacket with ears for asha because she has a brown fluffy nappy and i thought it would be cute she could go as a teddy bear but i cant find one anywhere!! bloody summer clothes are coming out now too!!
    well i did a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative i feel relieved even tho its probably too early to test anyway haha.. a part of me kinda wishes it was positive actually lol oh dear!! dont really want to be pregnant at ashas first birthday tho because i got so sick and lazy when i was pregnant and i want to enjoy myself and run around like an idiot doing everything for her
    wow sherie you are so creative!! i made invites for asha too but then found some in big w that were on sale and cheaper than printing the invites out so i just went with that lol!! i am going to make a butterfly cake for asha with a long cake body and cupcake wings can see me getting frustrated with that too haha!!
    mm - lol @ the trolly cover ours is really phsychadelic colours too but its animals and stuff on it so it looks cute lol.. eeek brittney lol is that the one with the cover that says "i'm a hopeless mum" lol
    rainforest - idk lol i havnt been watching been really busy this week.. not really a fan of the name sadie.. my cravings were maccas breakfast (yuk!) and twix chocolate bars lol but ive only had one bub lol...
    pregpan - asha loves spagetti bolagnaise too with the sippy cups asha cant really drink from them herself unless shes laying down she never tips them far enough lol i find a pump bottle or mini pump bottle is easy to get her to drink water coz i just squeeze the water into her mouth.. cows milk gives asha a tummy ache so id advise u try little bits at a time to make sure but theyre all different
    md - i am sure all will be forgiven when the tooth fairy comes lol maybe she could write a letter explaining that shes sorry she was late lol.. thats very cute that E knew it was daddy on the phone!
    jazmum - asha was sleeping well a while ago when we just moved in.. shed do 5 hours or so in her cot and then come to bed for another 3-4 its just lately that somethings thrown her off..

Just a quick one re the sippy cups. Sarah isn't a huge fan of them, she prefers to chew the [email protected] out of them instead. However, she loves drinking water out of my pump bottle and will actually suck it down a bit like a bottle (is that good or bad). I've also got some of those Tupperware kids tumblers that I try her with but I find that she drinks more with the pump bottle as I always have one around and offer it to her whenever I take a swig.
    Well, S had a ***** night so I'm offer to try an early nap so that I can jump back into bed for a quick cat nap. Or at least, come back on here and chat longer

hi everyone
    thanks for the reassurance re the sippy cups - feel better about that now! i have a nuby so will keep at it with that and may get one of those tupperware ones too - my FDC lady recommends that! md what is a cup with the lip? and where woudl i get one? have tried the cups with straws - he thinks they are fun to bite LOL!
    Noni- hope the teeth come thru soon. sounds like DP is taking a bit more on with Asha?
    Rainy - sounds like a fun day!!!
    MD - that pasta sounds deliscious!
    Re veg pasta recipes - i havea few (we eat mainly veg at home).... i love orechiette with ricotta a tomato and basil - and it is so easy. just cut 2 punnets of cherry toms in half and squeeze out juice and seeds (my dh drinks this) - put in bowl with 2 cloves garlic chopped, a shlug of olive oil, salt and pepper and set aside for 15 mins. cook orechiette and drain. heat tomatoes and oil in the pan then stir in the pasta. add 250 g fresh ricotta chopped and a heap of basil leaves. heat through and serve. it is one of my faves!!! i also do one with roasted veg - i just roasta huge tray of red and yellow peppers, vine tomatoes, red onion, garlic, courgettes, aubergines witj olive oil and salt and pepper, then puree it and stir through pasta - delicious! that sauce freezes really well too. you can also make one with egg plant, courgettes and passata - yummo. and if you like tuna (not sure if you eat fish rainy) a really quick and easy one is to toss good quality tna, flat leaf parsley, chilli, lemon and olive oil through pasta. all so delicious ( i am a pasta lover!!)
    Kate - it is really nice to have you back!
    Rainy - i like the name sadie... so you think you are having a girl???
    better go.. dh home today so enjoying some time together.

Hi Girls,

Yep Well I am joining the sleep deprived mumma's club too. I had all 3 restless last night. Xavier woke up 4 times screaming and ended up in our bed around 11.30pm. Jordy wandered into our bed around 3am and Olivia woke crying 3 times though the night. I think those 4 front teeth are not too far away her poor little gums. oh I was totally on the edge of the bed even had to get out to just turn over. Hope everyones babies sleep tonight.

Pregpan- OMG all your food always sounds so yummy I want to come and eat at your house everynight. Are you a chef? Enjoy your Mummy & Daddy time today.
    Kate- Enjoy your nap and hope S sleeps for you tonight.
    Noni- Poor Asha hope the teeth pop though soon.
    MD- Is it Chinese soup night tonight?

Hello to everyone and have a good day

pregpan- thanks for that recipe,i'm going to give it a try- one question though- can i eat ricotta?
    i'm not too sure. yes, i think i might be having a girl, but then sherie has changed my mind cos i've been craving oranges and milk!

md- that pasta sounds beautiful.how big do the shells have to be?

hayley- my dad lives about 20 mins from me, which is really handy. sometimes if i have an appointment or soemthing,i drop lewis off there for an hour or so.i did start going to the gym once a week and dad would mind him for me but then i stopped once i was pg. lewis and i usually go out to lunch (his shout) one day a week.i don't know what i'd do without him actually!

oopps gotta go, lewis is in the dogs water bowl with his tongue hanging out.

Noni - I would definately say its the teeth that are upsetting Asha. We had the same issue a couple of weeks ago when Maddie had her 4 top ones coming through. Hope its not bronchitis that Asha is getting, thats nasty. Yes, it is the one where it says 'I'm a terrible mum'! I read the article and I know you cant always believe them, especially NW, but god Britney needs some help!! The pictures alone tell you alot. I do feel sorry for her though.

Rainy - Love the name Sadie. I ate ricotta when I was pregnant. Aww your dad sounds so cute.

Leemar - One awake baby during the night is bad enough for me, how do you do it!? lol.

Pregpan - You are a great cook! Wish I could just whip things up like that.

Kate - I'm sure offering the pump bottle isnt bad, at least she is getting some water into her and enjoying it.

I'm feeling frustrated this morning, it seems as if Maddie is forever getting sick. She has had a cough now for a week and a half and I havent been to the doc, just been keeping an eye on it. I'm a bit embarrassed actually as I feel like I'm at the doctors every 2nd week and I dont want her to think I'm being paranoid. Anyway last night she was coughing heaps, it doesnt seem to be getting better. So I decided I'd better take her to the doc, but do you think I can ever get an appt with our doctor? Grr its so annoying. So I guess I dont know what else to do now but to keep doing what I'm doing and hope it goes away?

Lol Hayley ive put the red & black smart trike on layby for Rory's birthday! he has the FP drum set and he LOVES it, its his fav toy!Poor Maddie! I can imagine how frustrated and drained you must be. Have you tried another medical centre for an appointment?

Rainy - I live about 40 minutes from the city! Still cant believe I saw Hayley there (well Hayley's DP & Maddie) haha.

Pregpan _ I made Rory that pasta/tuna recipe you posted and he LOVED it! Thank you xxx I tried to give Rory his milk in a sippy cup this morning and he CRACKED IT! I put him on the floor with the sippy cup while I made his bottle and he threw the sippy cup and started rolling around on the floor yelling! I give up, he has almost every sippy cup made and he wont drink from any of them yet he drinks from a straw...go figure!

Noni - I hope Asha's teeth come through quickly! Sounds like you need a good nights sleep Would your DP have asha for a few hours while you got a massage or just even a long walk or something?? I printed Rory's invited up at work haha shhhhhh

Ive posted a pic of Rory's invitations in the gallery. Of anyone wants me to do theirs I would love to! I have so much fun doing it!

i know exactly what you mean hayley, lewis has had this cough/cold for 3 weeks now.it's horrible.
    i tookhim to the dr when it first started but he didn't help me anyway- just said keep an eye on him and if it gets worse take him to emergency...
    well,it's not worse but he's still got it.
    it drives you crazy doesn't it?i haven't been to mothers group for 3 weeks and have had to cancel swimming for this term.
    i hope poor maddie feels better soon. has she got lots of snot?

renee- i can't get into the gallery for some reason, ggrrr i wanna see rory's invite!!
    i can't believe you spotted maddie in the city.
    we live about an hour from the city, so it's a full day trip to go there! i love the shopping though.
    Last edited by Ginger; August 1st, 2008 at 01:02 PM.

Gosh this thread is getting long.

K and I went and did the grocery shopping this morning, thinking it would be easier than tomorrow - but I think every old person with their walking frame was in town today. There were more people than on a Saturday morning. But I got her a couple of CD's (Justine Clarke and The Fairies) so she can have some kiddie music in the car when we go up to Canberra next week.

Awesome looking invites Renee!! You and Sherie have inspired me to do something a bit more fancy for K's birthday.

Leanne - gosh you did have an unsettled night - hope they improve tonight.

Pregpan - more yummy recipes for me to save!

Renee- I love the Invite it looks great.
    Cally- The CD's sound great. Olivia loves music
    Rainy- Hope L cough gets better.
    MM- I hope M is better soon

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast