Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #35

Hi Arte! It's hard to budget when you are on a monthly salary. DH's wage is like that, but we have it go into his farm acc and we 'pay' ourselves fortnightly because it is easier to keep up with that way. LOL at your DH putting him in the same clothes.

Pregpan, the patties sound delicious. How is N going with the rash on his bottom?

Marydean, Happy Anniversary to you both! And super YAY for getting an extra day too. I hope Miss E starts to get over her cold soon, poor little mite. So happy that Queenie got in touch and let you know how they were going.

Leanne, super effort of the kiddies last night - fingers crossed you have a repeat tonight. You do a super job, you know that don't you?

Ange, we just stopped giving Alister a dinner meal and he started sleeping 10hrs at night with no wake ups - he had been having terrible nights for months and I just stopped giving him a meal and it seemed to work. There was an article in the latest PP mag about Food GIs and how it can affect their sleep. Not sure if that was entirely the problem with Alister or if it was just due to his reflux that was the problem.

Noni, have you tried using sposies for a while to see how that goes and treat all your nappies with an anti-fungal wash JIC it is in the nappies.

I didn't have to go out again today after all - DH took Lindsay to the party as he needed to do a few jobs in town before he goes back on shift tomorrow.

LOL Arte - I only cooked them before work as 1. i still feel guilty that i left him onight 2. i didn thave any other time and 3. we are going away for the weekend tomorrow and then DH is away all next week so I am on a 'get organised' rampage. bel;ieve me i am far from a morning person and if you saw the state of my house... well let's just say i am only a nigella in the kitchen!!! we had takeaway last night too but there are still dirty pots and pans everywhere and the house looks like a bomb hit it. ayway fwiw the patties take about 20 mins of work (plus the fridge time) so they are actually a v easy thing to do, and they make enough for a lot of bubba meals and they are cost effective (so good at the end of themonth!).
    i cant believe Alistair and Will are so active - wow. if they saw Noah they would be 'c',mon mate, DO something' LOL!! they must really keep you on your toes. my nephew is 10 days older than N and he is also a crazy mover. i love it!
    Sherie - thanks for asking - the rash seemed to clear itself after a few days - maybe still a little red but no bumps at all. so i never did anythikng about it! LOL. i hpe it doesnt come back.
    v interesting re the low gi foods... n eats so much for dinner... i wonder if it affects him, he def doesnt sleep through!! though his sleep is slowly getting better i think.. (we will prob stuff that up with goingaway this weekend ad then if i drag him to melb next week too...)

sherie - we use an anti fungal every wash now... sposies make her bum bleed
    flying post this time as asha is crying and i needa change her.. my gp perscribed me something for her bum so lets hope it works

thanks for salmon recipe pregpan, they were a hit tonight!

ok so i am bouncing asha in the bouncer so with any luck i can actually write a proper post.. she is winging tho
    ok so mum took me out today which was nice.. we had lunch and did some shopping aftershe took us to see my dr.. lucky we just got there as he was going to go out and had told the receptionist no more patients but when he saw it was me (i used to look afterhis kids) he took me in quickly to help us out.. he said its not only fungal but bacterial infection as well which is why the fungal creams would clear it partially but not completely.. he wrote me a script for something that should help and basicallytold me the other dr i saw was an idiot for perscribing what he did!!
    my mum bought me a hair straightener which is exciting lol i mean its not a GHD but it does the trick tried it out this avo and feel much better hehe.. she bought lots of clothes for asha too which is always good!!
    md - thats so good you will get to spend your anniversary together i hope you get spoilt rotton!! i think thats my problem you cant really get it wrong i mean so what if u put the wrong nappy on and she wees on her clothes u just change her and within reason asha eats anything now anyway.. my gp said that with broken skin the other dr shouldnt have perscribed such a strong steroid(that particular cream is actually not used for nappy rash what an idiot!!) luckily i didnt put any on her! what he perscribed has a milder steroid which i am ok with coz i trust my gp and he actually took a good look at it and listened when i told him it was bleeding!!
    arte - ohhh monthly pay dp is fortnightly and we find the second week a struggle (even though i get my family tax that week its not much) so i cant even imagine what its like to get paid montly!!
    pregpan - dp is the kind that feels easily patronised tho i worry about leaving instructions and labels etc i spose if he needs it hell just have to get over it lol..
    hi to everyone else little miss still not asleep at the end of that haha atleast shes quiet!! poor thing her bum looks so sore hope this cream does the trick!!
    oh and shes saying mum properly now.. before she would just kinda blurt it out and just once where as today she started saying it a couple of times in a row i am so excited!! mum mum mum hehehe shes started with nan now too think its all gonna happen pretty quick from here!

I am just a bit emotional being that time of the month and with the kids being sick I feel like I am doing something wrong.

Thanks for saying such nice things too it always makes me feel better. Actually you made me cry but at the same time put a smile on my face. So Thank you.

Noni- Wow you have a wonderful mum sounds like you all had a great day shopping and hope the cream works for asha.
    Prepan- My house looks like a bomb has gone off in it too.

Well better go and spend some time with DH...

awww leanne you're a great mum

well i just gave lewis a piece of vegemite toast while he was sitting on the floor playing and then went back to the kitchen to make some more and when i returned he had rubbed the toast face down from one side of the couch to the other. it is absolutely black with vegemite. he is an absolute nightmare.

noni- congrats on A saying mum now. how exciting!

md- happy anniversary honey

sherie- i can't believe you have a toddler now! how long did it take for A to go from walking around holding onto furniture to actual walking?

pregpan- your house sounds like mine atm. it's raining heaps so i have to have the dog inside all the time and she just loves creating mess. her and lewis are a tagteam at mess creation!

can't rememeber much else. i have pregnancy brain!! lmao

oh for those of you that go to aldi- we bought the coolest wooden pirate ship from there. it's for 3+ yo but we've put it together and we're displaying it on the dining room table. it looks awesome!

Thanks Rainy

Sorry but I had to laugh at lewis.. Ahhh the joys of kids... Sorry but I had to mention its not just that couch that copes a hiding the carpets and walls do to.

Gee its quite here today

R, If I had a preference for where I wanted food put, it would be a toss up between the floor and the wall - I hate cleaning upholstery LOL. Alister was cruising furniture from 7ish mths and he started taking steps about 3wks ago and he is 10mths today. he is exactly the same as the girls - they were walking at this age too. The pirate ship sounds great! He will love it when he is a bit bigger.

Leanne, I can totally sympathise with being hormonally irrational I have been like that this week too LOL.

Noni, so glad you got something more suitable for Asha's bottom. YAY for her saying Mum too - melts your heart doesn't it? She is a lucky girl to have her Nan spoil her.

My fingers are really cold so it is hard to type LOL. I put another order in with Gymboree last night and when I put the first order in I got some 'gymbucks' to spend when I put my next order in and I got $50 off the order!!! So my order looks a lot more respectable on the CC statement now LMAO. Most of it was on hair accessories for the girls! But I did get some for my niece too.

I am starting to look forward to school going back now - the kids have just started niggling at each other today and generally driving me mental LOL.

Hi Girls! sorry this is a bit of a wee vent here!

I have been MIA for a little bit what with travel and sickness...yup, it would appear that i am allergic to wollongong! LOL!!

I have been feeling pretty crappy since monday night with 40C fever and aching bones and sore throat, put it all down to the flu, but then started (Sorry for TMI...) throwing up all over the place. i managed to convince DH to ring the GP (yep, my sweet husband wanted to be convinced that i was in fact sick enough to call!! gggrrrr....if it was him we would have been there days ago). so it turns out (as the dr said) that i have severe tonsilitis. not impressed and am feeling very very sorry for myself! i also hate that i am on all this penacilin and panadol. but thems the breaks!
    so needless to say DH is feeling very meek today and has been waiting on me hand and foot. and all i can say is thank goodness for kindy! leila has spent yesterday and today there so has given me some time to recover. and luckily its not contagious (yay for small things).

Rainy: like leanne i too had to stifle a giggle at the vegemite fiasco! at this stage leila seems to only smear it all over her face and our arms. but i guess the furniture will soon be suffering the same demise LOL!

Noni: i hope Asha's rash clears soon. it can be so painful for the litte tikes! and yeah, i find when i want to clear it fast, i put her in sposies for a few days. but i keep changing them just as often as i would change the cloth. PIA though! (and costs a bomb!)
    Congrats on scoring well at shopping!! aahhh the joys of mums! arrghh although it will be us before we know it!

I always try to imagine what leila will look like as an adult leading her own life, it's still a bizarre concept on some level, yet, so very normal IYKWIM??

Pregpan: welcome to the club of clutter! i constantly feel as though our house in the process of being either moved into or moved out of what with all the stuff around...egad. will it ever end??? i was watching Oprah yesterday and this woman had won some home styling comp and her house was IMPECCABLE AND she had a 3 week old baby!! her hair was done, makeup applied....awwww why cant that be ME?
    and big your way sista! sounds like it's pretty hectic there ATM. try not to stress too much about him going to melb. i found with leila she was pretty much the same as at home. she knows her kinderkot and knows that it means bed time. i sing the same songs and put her in the same sleep suit. Also, a little tip that might help FWIW is that i rip off the sheets off her cot that she has been using during the week and take that on the trip to use in the kinderkot so that it smells like home...

Arte: IKWYM about the monthly pay. DH is on that too. it is tricky trying to balance it all out for that amount of time. wish we were paid fortnightly at least! then, if you blow the budget, like say, on a speeding fine (like DH did on the way to canberra this week...$227!!!) at least there is only a week or two max to wait before the next cheque rolls in.

Sherie: OMG i just read back a bit and A is walking!! wowser what a huge milestone! i bet he is proud as punch with himself!! he he he!

anyway, i know i probably missed loads, but i feel the fever returning with a vengence and i have to pick L up from kindy...

BBL!

Oh, Clare you poor thing - hope you are feeling better today. How was Wollongong apart from the sickness? I bet L would have a great time chasing the ducks around all the ponds on campus.

Noni - hope A's little bottom clears up soon, poor little thing with it bleeding!!

MD - Happy anniversary for a few days ago!!

Pregpan - I have decided to keep a little notebook by the computer to jot down all your recipes, at the moment they are on post its floating around the study! That salmon patty recipe sounds great. I am trying to get K onto more family foods, but we have had a week of things that aren't suitable and my freezer stocks are running low so I need to stock up!

Rainy - oh dear, vegemite all over the couch! I haven't been brave to do anything except rusk on the floor so far, but I'm sure i will have to soon.

Arte - I used to have monthly pay and it was awful - so hard to budget. My last job was fortnightly, but different fortnights to DH so that was good because it was payday every week!

Trillian - wow a walker!! so exciting!

Hello to everyone else!!

Only one more day before DH has to go back to work - we have had a good break though. Went out for lunch on Thurs and left K with her nan so that was good to have some 'alone time'. Ended up talking about K most of the time, but that's all right. He's coming around to my idea of getting a bigger fridge too, I pushed about how much easier it would be if I could cook up heaps more and stock up as it would create less washing up (his job). K has a cold at the moment and a yucky cough. Took her to the doctor yesterday and she has a little bit of redness in one of her ears so she gave us some antibiotics in case it gets worse and starts hurting. Had an early start a few days ago at 4:50 where we ended up snuggling on the couch but the last two nights she went through to 7 and 6:30. It was kind of nice her sleeping on me on the couch though as she hasn't done that for ages.

We had a great time in Canberra last week and it was good catching up with all the other ladies and bubs. Was very busy though so this week has been more relaxing. Waiting to see what happens to the car though, last week was a flat tyre, this week completely dead battery, what could be next? Fingers crossed it happens while DH is with us.

Better go and do a bit of a tidy up before DD wakes and we go for a walk.

What a very quiet day - everyone must have been out having fun with their families!!

We had a lovely walk this morning and DH has spent most of the day making up for going back to work soon so I've had lots of 'me time' which is good.

hi cally!
    i'm here.
    dp has just gone up the road to get chinese takeaway so i've jumped on here quickly.
    i've been reading 'no cry sleep solutions' and i've been trying to implement some of the strategies in there but i don't think now is a good time as lewis is still sick. i might wait till next week to give it a full on shot.
    nice that you got to have a bit of 'me' time and a nice walk. i'll bet you'll miss having dh at home...

Hello gorgeous girls,

I hope your all having a great weekend. DH and I left L with a friend and went and saw The Dark Knight this morning, we splurged and went gold class to oohh la la la. It was great but I couldn't relax properly as I kept thinking about L. It was a great movie though.

Clare how are you feeling now? I hope your DH has been looking after you.

Cally lucky you having some "me" time. I hope K is better soon. It seems this winter has been terrible for lots of bubs, touch wood L hasn't come down with anything yet.

Rainy how is the ms going? When is your OB appointment again? I love the pics of Lewis on FB he is starting to look like such a little boy now.

I think I might go and have a bath, I have lived in this house for 2 years and not had a bath, how sad is that.

Hi Girls,

Katie-Glad you had a great time with DH at the movies. I know what you mean about not being able to relax cause your thinking about your bubba I do the same thing.
    Rainy- Yummy Chinese enjoy
    Cally- Bummer on DH going back to work

We are all good. Did some much needed housework today. DH helped.

Sweet Dreams

Hello all, been MIA for a few days, been so busy organising tax paperwork, spring cleaning the house, shopping etc etc.

I'm a bit sad at the moment actually. I just jumped on BB and read an incredibly sad story about one of our fellow members who not only lost one baby at 36 odd weeks but has now cruely lost her second baby. I'm sure a few of you have come across her story by now. Just feeling very down at the moment after reading this and feeling like I need to express myself iykwim. How can life be so cruel? One baby is bad enough but two? How does someone ever get over such a thing? Sorry I just had to get that out.

Katie - I am the same with the bath, the only one who uses it is Maddie.

Clare - Tonsilitis, you poor thing. That is a terrible thing to get. I hope the antibiotics clear it up quickly for you.

Rainforest - Good luck with the new sleeping tricks. Good idea waiting till he is better to try them out. Lucky you getting chinese takeaway yumo. Have to admit I also had a little laugh at Lewis & the vegemite incident!

Cally - Hope thats it for the car! Its good that you caught the ear redness early, not nice when it turns into a full blown earache. You will probably find that the antibiotics will help with her cold a bit too, well at least I noticed it helped clear up Maddies cough.

MD - Hope you are holding up well with DH being gone now. Congrats for your wedding anniversary for the other day as well, 16 years is a great achievement. Thanks for your advice re the biting, I will mention it to them this week as the mark is still very clear and I know these things happen but I dont want it to happen again, if we can avoid it.

Trillian - Well I so hear you on the sippy cup prices, I got a tomme tippy one and it cost $17.00. It is truely ridiculous, can you imagine paying that much for an adult coffee cup iykwim.

Leemar - Of course you arent doing anything wrong, you are a supermum! Anyone who has twins...wow I take my hat off to you big time girlfriend! You have had a bit of bad luck lately between Jordy's little prob, Xavier's ears and just general illnesses. I hope they will pass for you soon.

Pregpan - You must be so organised. I'd love to see your house, it must be spotless with everything labelled! hehe just kidding. YUMO we are so making those patties tomorrow. I dont have any salmon in the pantry though but I guess we could try tuna instead? I lost your thai pattie recipe so I got one off a website and made them up during the week. M loved them too. Also I made something similar to your patties during the week as well, tuna ones but they had grated zucchini, carrot & potato but I must admit they werent that nice. Didnt stop M though!!! Hey great to know we can freeze these patties of yours too. Do you have any other ideas for lunches? I get stuck on lunch food and usually end up giving her yoghurt. I worry that I give her too much yoghurt & not enough fruit, M hates fruit purees even when mixed with yoghurt. What does N have for lunch? N wont be far away with the crawling, my theory is they tend to focus on one thing at a time, at least thats what I've noticed with M. Glad your overnight stay went well, I cant believe how organised you are with juggling work & Noah & the effort you put into his cooking!!

Arte - lol $4 at the petrol station had to have a giggle at that one. Oh well you gotta do what you've gotta do!!

How much are everyone's bubs eating now? I worry about over feeding M. She has 3 meals a day, normal sized portions. Thats fine right? I especially worry about her love of yoghurt, is it bad to have it every day lol? Am I being paranoid again!!?

Hi there everyone
    Have been busy doing i don't know what!!!
    mm- i haven't read the bb members story, but that is so sad. Life just isn't fair sometimes is it. I often avoid reading certain posts, because i know they will upset me. It's why i don't read the newspapers or watch the news anymore either.
    re food - hannah has 3 meals a day and a couple of snacks. For lunch i give her the same kind of things that i'd give her for dinner. Or sometimes i just cut up some cheese, and fruit and some vegemite sandwiches and give that to her. Have you tried giving M some of the diced fruit that you buy in tubs? Hannah is loving those at the moment too.

Katie - hope you got to enjoy your bath. I've got in ours a couple of times - but i get suctioned to the back of the bath and can't get out (i chose a crying laugh, because it's actually true and not a pretty sight i'm sure lol)

Rainy - hope you enjoyed your Chinese take away - yummo. When is Lewis going to be in the spotlight catalogue?

Leanne - All 3 slept through???!! that's fantastic!! Yay for dh helping you do the cleaning.

Cally - hope the car starts behaving for you. Were you going to buy K the trike for her birthday or Christmas? You may already know this, but with the target sale, you can order the smart trike before the sale starts. It goes straight onto layby, but isn't availabe until the end of September. (that's for Brisbane anyway) I bet your dh isn't looking forward to leaving you both to go back to work.

Clare - you poor thing. You sound so sick. I hope you get better real fast.
    I saw a bit of that Oprah show. I can remember when H was 3 weeks , she was sleeping most of the day. Maybe when that lady's bub starts having a bit more awake time, her house won't be looking quite so flash!! If Oprah's camera crew made a suprise visit here, i would have to tell them to come back another day thankyou very much!! lol.

pregpan - i'll have to give those patties a go. that was great that dh handled your overnighter so well. I guess it gave him a good confidence boost.

md - how are you coping so far. I've been thinking about you and hoping you're ok. I can recall doing the count down last year. We'll help you through it I'm so glad to hear that you made contact with Queenie. I'm happy that everything is going well for her.

hi to all of you other lovelies

I haven't been doing the comforted crying with Hannah. She had a cold for a few days and kept waking up upset, so i've been sleeping in her bed with her. It means i get a better sleep. Oh well, if that's the worse thing that i have to put up with at the moment - then i think i'm pretty lucky.
    She has started saying ' ta' when she gives something to someone. And if i pretend to cry when she pinches me, she puts her head on my shoulder and gives me a cuddle. It's soo cute. She also knows that when she reaches the stairs down to our bedroom, she has to turn around and go down backwards. Sometimes she turns around too soon and has to do the backwards shuffle for ages!!!

anyway, might head off to bed - although the chocolate i ate not so long ago is probably going to keep me awake.

talk to you all soon. sweet dreams

oh gosh i am not keeping up again haha..
    ashas having mini wheets this morning so much less mess than weet bix hahaha shes lovin it too!!!
    oh it was so horrible yesterday i was at netball and an announcement came over the speakers for a number plate of a car and the message was "please return to your car you have locked your child in the car and he is crying" poor thing i couldnt concentrate for the rest of the game thats just so awful! hope they called the police as well!!
    mm asha eats 3 meals a day with snacks in between lol i wouldnt worry about it if she wasnt hungry she wouldnt eat it
    sorry for the short one dp has soccer this morning and i have to go and wake him up and get ash ready hehe
    hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast