Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #47

Thanks ladies re the MIL (or cow in law lol love it) tips, you are right just going to have to cut her out for a bit.

Clare - Ohh I work in conveyancing, shame we can only do WA properties!! Does that mean your offer on the house was accepted or are you just getting the bank organised etc?

Arte - WOW W is incredibly smart!!! M is no where near that level. He will be some sort of professor or something I bet!

Rainy - Awesome your dad is great!! I havent looked into tramps yet, but the closed in net ones look really good. Go your dad!

Hi to everyone else, just a short one tonight, off to watch underbelly!

Morning everyone!

G, we just brought the regular rectangle one with no net - couldn't see the point in the net when we've seen kids still fall out of it, plus with little ones you have to put them in and out all the time and it seemed like a PITA LOL. I bet your Dad loves spoiling the boys.

H, so how are you feeling today? Still feel all funky? My biggest clue that I was pg was that I had absolutely no signs of af coming - no cramping, just nothing kwim?

Clare, that would be the worst part about buying a house - all the paperwork you have to do! But when you have your dream home it's worth it.

Arte, that is funny! I can just picture him doing it. Alister will tend to do that, but he will pick them up, have a sniff and then put it back if he doesn't want it LOL.

So Clare, this means you're really buying a HOUSE??! Tell us all about it hun!

Arte - LOL about "looking, looking". I bet W has you in stitches all day long! So glad to hear he is feeling better.xxx

Rainy, we have an Action round 8ft - just like the one on the front page of the toysrus catalogue right now (except smaller - I specifically wanted 8ft so it wouldnt' take up as much room on the lawn and it's still big enough for 2 kids at once - tho you have boys so you might like to consider a 1-at-a-time rule LOL). Love the round ones, they don't get to get the rebound thing that sproings u off hte side. We have the net up and I've seen E hit the net more than once so glad for that.

We still use the pram at the shops too, just because E has a mind of her own about where she would like to go. Sometimes I let her out on the leash(!) but only for short periods and when I'm not in a rush, kwim?

We use the pram at the shops to start, but usually end up letting her walk. If we are only planning a short trip then DH carries her. I'm tending to do the groceries after work now as if we go on the weekend, DD lasts about 3 aisles before insisting on getting down and walking, so I end up doing all the shopping while DH looks after her.

Arte - so glad that W is feeling better, poor little thing.

Jaz - I wish we had home shopping, one of the disadvantages of the rural lifestyle! I think I would still impulse shop though, just one easy click on the block of chocolate.....

Clare - I'm assuming you are going to an auction? What type of place is it?

hi girls!

Rainy: cool that your boys are scoring a trampoline! and even cooler that you have room for one!! so jealous! ha ha!

Sherie: i was the same. no clues whatsoever with my pg. (except for a missing-in-action AF). hence the 6 weeks it took before i realised something was amiss...

Cally: we usually have to start pushing the trolley backwards just to keep L entertained long enough to last the shop LOL! she looks like a captain of a ship when we do LOL!

Arte: oh that must be a relief to see your little man feeling better! we are the same with the shopping. but for me, it is a lack of haircut that is my clue!

AFM: well, as for the house thing, we are off to auction on saturday for our 'dream' house (3 bdrms, OFP, big garden, beautifully renovated and ALL rooms have french doors leading to a private courtyard, brand spanking new kitchen etc etc). but shhh, we are trying to convince ourselves that we wont be devastated if we dont get it LOL! we'll be crushed! LOL! ah well.
    we are getting the conveyancer now as the contract and sect 32 is ready and we have it in our hot little fist, so want to make sure that the property is what they say it is....and also we need to have someone like a conveyancer or solicitor ready for the day of auction. arrrhh it all seems so hard! LOL!

oops gotta go, leila tells me there is a great present in her nappy just waiting to be smeared across her hands (yes, she has started sticking her hands in post-poo for a looksie...).

oooh no Clare - yucko! It must be so stressful having to go to an auction. Hopefully anyone else interested will lose their keys or something and turn up too late (just so you know i'm not wishing any harm to anyone though lol )

I'll be keeping fingies and toesies and everythingsies crossed for you on Sat Clare...how excitingness!!

Hey everyone,
    Been a stressful few days sorry I havnt been around much.. Got my bloodtest results back today and I came back not immune to slap cheek syndrome but my test results also came back showing no recent or current infection.. My dr sent me off for an ultrasound to be on the safe side and everything is looking really good, also got a very deffinate shot of the "gender" lol so we are 100% sure we are having a boy I will have to have a follow up blood test in about 3 weeks to check for recent infection of the virus incase asha does have it and I just havnt got it yet but since its a blood test we won't be getting asha tested coz its not harmful for her at all so we aren't 100% sure she has it altho the dr seemed pretty sure.. Anyway enough rambling just thought id let u all know that bubby is looking very well

Noni, that is fantastic news that your little boy is happy and healthy. I am sure it is a huge weight off your mind re the slap cheek.

Trill, do you have a seperate adults biscuit tin? I am considering it, today W was picking them up, inspecting, then saying 'no thank you' and moving on to the next one lol

MM, I have cut out my IL's, I can't be bothered with them if they think so little of me that they were willing to blame everything on me. I used to get along with them really well, I miss the relationship we used to have. I still can't believe how stupid it got all because I wouldn't let their snappy dog around W!

Clare, best of luck for saturday, I don't think I would have the nerve for an auction! What a disaster about L's new nappy idea, I hope it doesn't occur to W. He has quite a poo obsession, he points out every one he finds outside (dog and goat, not people lol)

MD, was it a girl you saw for me? I have been studying the ultrasound dvd and there is a definite absence of dangly bits. I can't see the three lines for a girl either though so I guess I am not really any wiser.

Since he has been sick, W wants me to rock him to sleep standing in the lounge. He wakes at night and if he can't get to sleep straight away he starts crying and saying 'mum come, mum pleeeease' repeatedly and grabbing at my arms. He can keep it up for over an hour. I stay in bed and tell him we stay in bed at night time and that I am not going to rock him but he could lay down and have a big cuddle. Am I doing the right thing? Is that controlled crying? I can't just give in and take him to the lounge to rock him back to sleep or I know that I will spend the next 6 months doing it several times a night.

Yay glad you know 100% its a boy, & that the slap cheek virus hasnt affected bubba. Must be a relief.

Clare - Will be thinking of you on Sat, good luck, the house sounds gorgeous.

Trill - Thanks for asking. Still lots of cramping down there. I really dont know whats going on as I havent had this before. Maybe my body is just confused after coming off the pill? I dont know but trying not to think too much about it yet.

Arte - No I dont class that as controlled crying myself, I think cc is more just leaving the child alone & not going to them when they get distressed, thats how I see it anyway. I think you are doing the right thing, we do similar with M. Its not like you are leaving him all alone to cry it out, giving a cuddle etc in bed is fine I say.

Girls we are going to Bali in Oct, thanks to Air Asia & their taxes only special today. We got 3 seats for $280 return, bargain! Air Asia are awesome, we loved them when we went to Malaysia.

Arte - you're right, I'd say that he'd want you to do it every night if you gave in. I think what you're doing is a nice gentle way of getting him back to sleep - not controlled at all .
    noni - great that your little bubba is doing so well.
    mm - lucky you going on an overseas holiday again. More shoes for your cupboard heh?

Hi Girls,

Art- I think you are doing the right thing. I gave into my boys and Xavier is still sleeping with us. Jordy sometimes comes in our bed too and then theres 4 people in the bed.... way to hard to sleep properly in my house. I made a promise to myself that I would make Liv sleep in her bed and never let her sleep in my bed... Imagin 5 people in the one bed... I have a king now gee I would need a custom one. lol

MM- WTG on the bali tickets hope you have a wonderful time. October will come around so quickly. Although for me I hope it comes a bit slower cause I am 37 in October. agggh
    Noni- Sooooo happy for you about having a boy
    Clare- lol Livi is doing the same thing.... Good luck for sat hope all goes well
    Re the Prams-only use sometimes. when we at the shops I mostly put them all in a trolley. Never Never Never Never let 3 kids out walking.... that is a way to stressful for leanne...... lol
    Re the Leash..... Funny story when my mum and dad took my little brother (he is 13 years my junior) to Expo 88 they put it on him just after they walked in the gate and he straight away got down on all fours and barked like a dog... he was 2 lol

OK AFM my DH is in Perth till friday Miss him already and he only left today. Well I am off to bed so sweet dreams to all

hi all!!!
    sorry i have been MIA life has been its usual hectic self...
    Bali was AMAZING. N was just in his element and had such a fab time. MM you will have sucha wonderful time, i am jealous of you going in oct!! he was an angel on the flights too... until we had major delays in syd and he lost the plot!! as did DH and me!!
    i have been in melb the last 2 days for work... i guess i will have 1 more trip down before i finish up... YAY! a bit stressed as have heaps to do before i finish up and hand everything over (again!).
    And N is sick - some respiratpry thing, also with a rash. he is on anti biotics now so i am thinking he will bea lot better soon.. poor little man is quite miserable. he totally rejected me last night too when i got home from melb so i had a pretty ordinary time with the mother guilt. he is at fdc today... not too happy to be on the anti bi roundabout at the START of winter plus starting at creche next week... hmmmmm winter colds are here!! i will get onto some probiotics i think for him and the brauers recovery tonic and see how we can keep him as healthy as poss.
    so that's me in a nutshell!!!
    I have read lots but not all posts and so i wont even try to be on top of everything - will just keep up from now (tell me anything major i have missed though!)
    i have missed you
    xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Leemar View Post
    H
    Re the Leash..... Funny story when my mum and dad took my little brother (he is 13 years my junior) to Expo 88 they put it on him just after they walked in the gate and he straight away got down on all fours and barked like a dog... he was 2 lol
    that is PURE GOLD!

Noni: so happy that all seems well with the blue bundle baking in there! what a relief!

Arte: it so does not sound like controlled crying. CC is where you NEVER EVER go into the room once they are in bed. not even for a quick pat or anything. CC means you pop them into bed, close the door and only open it 12 hours later.

PP: so jealous of your trip! it seems everyone is going to bali (but not me...wahhhhhh!). a girl in my mums group just got back a few days ago and also had a blast with their 19 month old...and now MM is off too!

AFM: Well now have a solicitor to do our conveyancing. DH style...walks into the first place he sees and whammo, we spend probably more than is necessary. ah well, at least it is done now and one less thing to worry about on my side... (so far, i have done the hunting of houses, organised the inspections, the contracts of sale and will be the bidder....).
    knock on wood, but Leila has so far avoided the germies of winter. i am forever thankful for it! no snotabells here yet.

wooo hooo clare!! how exciting you are on the path... i will be thinking of you on saturday!

Clare, I will have everything crossed for you that it all goes well on Saturday.

ROFL Leanne!!!! That's hilarious! I bet that got trotted out at his 21st.

I don't think I will worry about the leash as he's quite happy to be in the stroller for the most part, and he's just as happy to be carried as he is to walk, so I have brought a babyhawk meitai as he's too big for the hotsling now and I will be able to wear him for ages now in the meitai. Also when he does like to walk he's pretty good with holding hands, but you just can't let him go LOL. Plus by the time he's wanting to walk everywhere and too big for the stroller, I will only have him to worry about kwim?

Ladies we've got someone having a sneaky birthday today...!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARTE!!! Wishing you a lovely day full of every treat you deserve and then some and then some more again on the weekend!

Hehe. Go Clare, so hope it all works as smoothly as possible on Saturday and that the auction gods find in your favour!!

Noni - whew what a relief, I bet you feel exhausted now after all that waiting.

Arte ...I"m not saying anything ...hehe. Don't wear out that DVD now, will you? Agree with everyone - that is soooo not controlled crying, but you're quite right to be setting some boundaries at this point. W is very clever and I am speaking from experience when I say they will get away with whatever they can!!

PP - so good to see you back online my dear! I hope N is still tucking into his pink fingiebuns LOL. Yerk on having the ABs now, maybe he'll be sick now and then all immunically-boosted for the rest of winter (fingers crossed anyway).

Leanne, that story about your bro is just hilarious. Classic funny home video moment.

Ok, well that's it from me today. Kevvie's come up with teh goods so I have $$ to spend AND I'm off to the library to get the Harvey karp book out. I could be doing lunatic toddler talk by tonight lOL.

thanks for the heads-up Md

Happy Birthday Arte!!!!! I hope you're having a truly fabulous day today you deserve it!

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast