Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #47

Oh JaZaH, I'm so sad for you and for your girls and for that beautiful mumma's girls.

oh no jaz, that's horrible..so so young

c'mon clare- where are you?

what's everyone's plans for mothers day? i keep dropping hints to dh but he keeps saying 'you're not my mother'...party pooper. i'm trying to get him to buy me a dvd player for the car with 2 screens (one on the back of each seat) for the kids. i'll see how i go....

hey girls,

Jaz: oh man, that is really sad. i hope you guys are all holding up okay. especially little jess.

Rainy: i'm liking the dvd idea.

AFM: well........the house isnt ours.....

BUT, i have to say that i was totally impressed by the male theatrics of the situation. two blokes started getting antsy with eachother with the bidding and it skyrocketed from there. the price said $580+ and it sold for $700K!!!! there were aggressive 'who gave that bid' calls and death stares. the crowd (me included) were gobsmacked by the actions. then when the winning bid was made the guy started pumping the air and yelling 'c'mon!' leyton hewitt style!

beh, all too crazy for me. back to the drawing board.

Clare - so sorry that you didn't get the house. But i bet there is an even better one waiting for you to buy it. I found that when we were house hunting years ago. We missed out on quite a few, and i'm so glad we did, because I love living in the house we're in. I thank God - and my guardian angels - for not letting us get those others.

I've had an absolutely lovely mothers day so far. Dh got up early with the girls and let me have a sleep in. The girls gave me so gorgeous hand made gifts and cards and DH got me a personal Stylist session - and a wad of cash to go with it!!!!!! I nearly tripped over my chin!! Apparently i go to the stylists place with some of my clothes, and she does a Trinny and Susannah on me. Then she goes shopping and checks out what would suit me, and then i go shopping with her one day and try stuff on. I just hope she doesn't feel the boobenheimers like Trinny does.
    I would have been just as happy with my handmade gifts from the girls though.

Thanks for my hugs. I'm trying to keep it at the back of mind today, but tomorrow at school is going to be difficult.

anyway, i hope all of you lovely yummy mummies are having a wonderful day. I look forward to hearing how you've spent it.

Clare - OMG that is far too way out there isn't it?? . I'm sure your perfect home is waiting in the wings - just instruct your angels you'd like it to NOT be an auction, see if they can organise it for you .

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY September mummies. My day has been grouse since I only just got out of bed 10 mins ago and we're heading out for brunch soon. I haven't had a prezzie yet but I did see something in the cupboard earlier this week...LOL.

Farout JaZaH - wowee what a gift! You'll have to share every crumb of style wisdom she teaches you I think!

Happy Mom's Day girls! I hope u all got something lovely from ur little lovelies.

Jaz-whoa! That's lovely to get handmade gifts + cards. I can't wait til miss T can do that. At the month she has a little help. Good stuff on the stylist session... Awesome. Good luck at school 2moro.

MD-hope that gift u spotted wasn't for someone else... Hee. I was cringing so bad when I ready about poor poor E's finger nail. Ouchie ouchie ouchie!!! It will grow back. As long as it didn't come out of the nailbed further down from where the nail starts.

Trill- u were so brave at the dentist.

AFM:
    Got some asics runners (which I got fri with dh + T) and a surprise today a Audrey Hepburn CD pack (6 movies) and a Charlie + Lola DVD. Miss T was most excited about the latter. Lol. Saying lala n lola. Of, + I wasn't allowed in the kitchen. Porridge was made for me too. Sweet DH.

Girls-we have *started* talking about another baby. Eeekkk.... I want T to b about 3 or 4 before another one, just coz I am highly strung + can't handle another (yeh I hear u all, I prolly could), man, it took us a year 2 talk about T b4 we actually *did* anything about it.

We at DH client mtg so txting in the car + reading up the latest.

oooohh MD nice work on the late get up!! mmm brunch....mmmm poached eggs... mmmm

JaZ: FAR OUT GIRL!!! that is so the most awesome present ever! green with envy! LOL!

AFM: well my 'mothers' day is an absolute fizzle. nothing, nada, zip. i feel like a bit of a fool ATM as i got dressed up pretty nice thinking we were off to do something nice for the day. we had a christening in the morning and I *thought* we would go and do our own thing afterwards. well, afterwards we are driving in the car and DH says 'so where do you want me to drop you?'. turns out he has soccer. so now i am at home, with leila on my own. nothing. no present nothing. man i feel lonely. and at times like this it totally sucks living next to a park and having to hear the other families getting to the family thing.

urgh. enough from me. i'm too upset to be much fun on here...

ohhh clare. big hugs...mine is a bit of a fizzer so far too...i'm working on dh atm, trying to get him to take me shopping to get me a pressie. why don't you and leila walk down to the shops for a babycino and some retail therapy?

jaz-omg!!! that present would've cost heaps!!! you deserve it though hun. everytime i hear stories about your girls i get a little twinge of daughter envy..they just sound so lovely....maybe i'll have to push dh to try for a girl!! rofl, i can't believe i just said that!!!!

md- have a beautiful brunch....i love brunch..mmmm

supa- go for another!!! you'd love it! so would T

ok....now i've already started thinking of girls' names for my future dd. look what you've done to me jaz!!!!!

rofl Rainy! I knew it wouldnt take long LOL!!!!

Yay Rainy! The best thing about girls is you can put them in cute little tights in winter, well thats what I reckon anyway lol.

Mothers day has been a bit of a flop here as well I must admit. I got a sleep in, thank goodness because I needed one after weeks of late to bed, night time wakeups & M waking up early. However I did tell DH earlier in the wk dont get me anything as I want to go shopping this week to buy myself new clothes. But in the back of my mind I was secretly hoping he would get me a small something, but guys never seem to fall for that trick do they? He was talking about a pandora bracelet at one stage lol. Men!!!!

Clare - Sorry about the house, if it helps maybe those men got carried away & the winner paid too much anyway just to win iykwim? I hope your mothers day improves, dont worry my hubby is off to the footy shortly. So much for mothers day.

Jaz - So sorry to hear that, such a shame, way too young. Had a laugh at H singing aye aye (lady gaga) at the shops. Too cute.

Trill - LMAO at A singing poker face! I LOVE that song! M loves it too, she always busts a move to it. The singing must be hillarious though!

Supa - Good luck with the ttc.

MD - Ouch, poor E, that must have hurt. I hope it grows back quickly.

Noticed on facebook that Noni has gone to Hogs Breath for lunch, lol, what a crack up.

Did a pregnancy test this morning but got a very clear negative. Getting all the symptoms still, heavy abdomen & tingling nip nips (LOL sorry TMI!?) so a bit confused, unless it really is still early to test. Ahh well one way or the other we'll see what happens.

Happy Mothers Day!

It was a fizzer here too, but only because we had a blackout from 5.30am till 2pm, so the huge roast pork I have in the fridge that was going to be lunch didn't get cooked and there was no point cooking it for tonight cause DH started nightshift tonight. So spag bol it is LOL. I will cook the roast tomorrow and DH can have it when he wakes up, so it will at least be worth having. The blackout was over the entire shire district too, so no one got a cuppa or a cooked brekkie or luncheon unless they had gas. Even all the local eateries would have missed out on the trade too and there were quite a few that had luncheons on.

H, don't worry about the pg test. It might just be too early. I never got a positive test with Lindsay even though I had super strong pg symptoms. Even the first blood test wasn't conclusive and I fronted up for that with huge sore boobs and feeling like crap from nausea.

Clare, that is just insane about the house. What fooolishness to keep bidding on it like that and inflating the price. I bet the owners were stoked about it The Perfect House is out there for you somewhere....

LOL Supa at you taking that long to do anything about having T, I"m sure it wont be that long this time round.

Jaz, I'm going to get that done when we get the FTB top up LOL. I have been wanting to do it for years. I can't wait. I had a mini one done at a ladies day thing so I have a rough idea but it would be awesome to have it done completely.

So MD, what was the gift?

I got the usual gorgeous handmade stuff from the kids and a sleep in till 9.30, so no complaints here (apart from the above LOL), but I would have killed for a cuppa ROFL. Stupid blackout.

Trill - bugger about the cuppa. What did the kids make you this year? Jessica went to the Mother's Day Stall and bought me a Trivet for my cuppa, some table weights and a candle in a bag. She made me a little trinket for my wine glass - with my name on it.
    Zoe made me a lovely card and a photo frame. They'd been so excited about giving them to me as well.

Paige and Lindsay just made cards at school/preschool and Erin made a card and they also made some apricot and coconut balls and put them in a little noodle box that they had decorated. It was a gorgeous thing to do for all the Mums, but they are far too sweet for my liking LOL, so I have been letting the kids have some too. They were having a stall at school, but after last years fiasco where I got two tubs of blueberry body butter I told them that I didnt need stuff brought for me and that their handmade cards are all I wanted

I remember the body butter!!!!

Clare, bummer about the house! I can't see the advantage of underpricing potential buyers - surely that just wastes a lot of time for people going to auctions out of their price range?? Real estate agents give me the poos. What about the house that you saw just before your op? Or was that the one that was perfect except it wasn't near a park?

MD, shhhhh! I shudder to think how much of my child-raising is based on growing up with a champion dog trainer! Oh, and Ow Ow Owwww for E's fingernail. The thought of it makes me cringe. Luckily I chew mine down so far that there is no chance I will ever rip one out.

JaZaH, that is really sad about your girls teacher. Sounds like you had a fantastic mothers day haul, hope it cheered you up.

Trill, that it one really badly timed blackout!

Rainy, what is your girls name? We are so stuck for either gender, I thought we had heaps of time but September is coming quickly!

I am another with a belly-flop of a mothers day. I didn't expect anything though (after last years 'but you are not my mother' disaster) so it wasn't that disappointing. I do have a fantastic son that I am very grateful for and he was such a perfect treasure today, he is enough of a gift for me.

Oh, and W's insults aren't exclusively aimed at me - DH picked W up for a cuddle when he got home from work the other night and the first thing W said was 'dad brush teeth' lmao

Arte - that's GOLD. You've got the funniest little boy there - an absolutely wonderful gift

Arte-what a clever boy. How can u ever grow sick of these little treasures when they come out with new stuff everday. T waved to me as if to say come on and said ca-on.

Clare-i can sympathise with u. This part of waiting is horrible. After all u can only choose from what cones on the market.

Trillian-v bad timing 4 the blackout, I'd say it wrecked a few mother's days...it makes us b gr8ful 4 electricity and candle lit luncheons.

MD-i returned a library book to blackwood library instead of marlestone tafe campus library! Lol. Being a librarian thought u'd get a laugh out of my clumsiness.

AFM:
    Gotta get car for service at 8.30am 2moro. Do u like my chances of getting there on time? Ha ha....
    Still talking about it + not DOING.... Lol. Might wait a year or two now...

Tossing up whether it is better to have then closer apart than too far apart. What made u guys all decide now?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast