Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #47

Katie - it is pretty much right, yesterday she was practising her jumping and we were holding her hands and lifting her whole body from them and she was laughing so obviously no pain or discomfort. She has a very large bump in the bone which we are hoping will grow out as the bone grows. Probably won't find out much at the Xray today, but will ring doc on Wed when it goes through to them. I still find I'm not picking her up from under the arms though!!

Noni: Yay on the toddler bed. Am glad to hear that it is a success.

Hi to everyone else.

Jack is also learning animal noises & loves the pig one I teach where you poke your nose as you say oink. You show him a bob the builder picture & say who's that & he's "Bob".

Had my two week check up today. Dr is happy with it all & I'm on these meds for the next year at least, that way they build up in my system etc. I spoke to her about QLD & my job back there, she basically told me to go, as she thinks working a few days a week would be good for me & the fact that I have a council job is a bonus with the umemployment drama's going on.
    Rang my nan to see about a loan & she is going to work out how much she can lend me.
    Next job is to email my boss about my options of returning to work part time etc.
    Still not telling anyone, except those who I need to tell, as I want it to be a surprise for my friends & as for my ex & his family, I don't want their **** to deal with & them expecting anything.
    The ball is rolling ...

bbl xox

hello ladies
    finally i can post!!! lewis is asleep in my bed and jimmy is in the hug-a-bub. things have been getting a little easier around here, although jimmy is still having pretty bad wind issues. nothing seems to really work on him, so we've sort of just resigned ourselves to 'getting through it' iykwim? 'just keep swimming, just keep swimming' is my mantra atm
    i've just found out one of my BFs is pg with #2 (#1 born sep07 as well), i'm so happy for her. jimmy will have a new little friend as well as we spend heaps of time together- her dd and lewis are like brother and sister. i've already started packing her up a crate of jimmy's clothes that he's already grown out of in case she has a boy
    was supposed to meet up with a friend for a walk this arvo but ahe just cancelled on me, so might just go for a long one around the hills by myself.

andie- very exciting that you've made the decision. where will you live up there?

cally- i hope dh is getting paid to go into work? is he at a public or private school?

oohhh lewis is awake bbl xooxo

Hey girls,

Leanne: yeah i am a BIG fan of outlets! LOL! when we were in New York we headed to century 21 and spent up BIG TIME! they tell you how much you have saved from the RRP and it was close to $1500!!! (we spent $200-ish!!!). i walked away with a pair of Chloe slacks, YSL sunglasses a Kate Spade leather handbag, a Prada skirt, a pair of salvatore ferragamo shoes, FCUK bolero, and a calvin klein singlety thing. and DH scored a pair of armani dress pants!!! went to saks 5th avenue and saw the same gear for like 3 times the price!! LOL!

Noni: woot woo on the transition to Big Girl bed! that is awesome!

PP: Oh that is fantastic that the new place is exciting for N!

Kate: have fun on your trip! i am sooo jealous. i really miss that place...

Sherie: okay, fess up...how many hours do you have in your day! LOL! man, you manage to get soo much done! I can barely get myself out of bed, fed and dressed! LOL! i am in awe.

AFM: well i have been improving slowly but surely which is good news. we are THIS close to buying a house so that in a way is pretty exciting...BRING ON A MORTGAGE LOL!
    the crappy news is that we have so much bad luck in our family (or at least it seems to me) that now our other cat (of 8 years) has disappeared. further compounding my suspicions that there is a 'cat hater' in our midst. and now finally DH is also starting to believe me. we have put out over 100 letter box drops so far and put up posters of her and have door knocked and done daily searches of all our local shelters. i am completely devastated as this cat means a hell of a lot to me, she has quite literally saved my mothers life and been there for me when someone close to me died. i know, a cat and all, but i love her to bits. i have been wandering the streets since saturday until like 3am each night. so currently working on roughly 4 hours sleep! egad. glad i dont fly planes!
    beh, anyway, enough of me! I will be doing more lurking than posting for a bit as i am a wee bit teetering on edge kinda thing ATM.

xx

oh clare i'm so upset about your cat xoxo
    i really hope she turns up soon....i think it's time you left that neighbourhood too.bring on the mortgage

Clare that is really worrying that there is someone out there doing that sort of thing. I hope she finds her way back to you soon Don't worry, yesterday I did absolutely nothing LOL. I have heaps of time to do things if I stay away from the computer and the cross stitching

G, that's lovely news for you friend. I love your mantra LOL, but it will pass but it's just a bugger not knowing when that will be. I remember when I had Erin and she was completely different to Lindsay with loads of night waking etc and I remember saying to DH that it will only be another few weeks and she will be sleeping through etc like Lindsay did - luck for me she did LOL or I don't know what I would have done.

Andie, great to hear your Dr is happy with your progress and supportive of you wanting to move etc.

Cally, The lump should settle down, it's just the new bone. Lindsay has a lump on his arm bones from when he broke it but you can't feel it cause of the muscle etc but I guess it's more pronounced on her being where it is there wouldn't be much fat or muscle over it.

Rainy: will stay with a few friends for the first few weeks then I hope to have a house by third week thus then moving my stuff up & unpacking in time to restart work. My friends already know I'm coming up the last weekend of May as I had holidays planned so they know that much, so will just work around that! LOL
    ETA: I will be looking at the western / southern suburbs of Brisbane unless I get transfered to the North Region office but have asked for South if I can get into a Region (rather than the city) so will see what my boss comes back with.
    Last edited by andie82; April 20th, 2009 at 01:55 PM.

Andie - sounds like it is all coming together for you honey - that is great. Probably a good idea to keep it quiet to start with so you can do it on your own terms iykwim? how do you think the boys will cope with the move?
    Rainy - good to hear from you and glad it is getting a little easier for you... you are such a super mum!
    Cally - yay for miss K feeling better. that must be a relief. hope you are enjoying your days off... relax and enjoy and get some you time!
    AFM all is great here - i have now managed to secure all 4 days at that fab creche - starting after we get back from Bali. Ecstatic! i am sure it will be a big adjustment but sooo good to have it sorted out. he is at the back up carer today and enjoying himself apparently. i will continue that the next few weeks and then go to the creche. we will have some overlap so i can do some settling in visits. and then he will def be settled there before bubba comes along which is fab, and i will then prob drop him back to 3 days or maybe 2 depending how i am coping.

PAP, that is fantastic news about your day care. I am sure N will love it, I watch all the little kids at the daycare we play at, most of them are just constantly on the go and really enjoy themselves.

Andie, sounds like you have a good plan worked out, it will be great to be near your friends again.

Clare, I really hope your cat comes home. I have had cats go missing for over a week and turn up very hungry but happy to be back. Good to hear your throat is finally starting to feel better. I have heard of kids regressing in times of stress, one of the boys at music class has stopped talking and clings to his mum since his new sister arrived last month.

Cally, it is great that K is back at daycare, she would have been missing it staying at home for all that time. Hope the lump shrinks down as it finishes mending and then as she grows.

Rainy, so exciting that your friend is having another baby. My cousin/friend is due in two weeks, I am so excited about it. She is going to have a tiny baby. Can't wait to see her.

Ozstar, how are things at your place? Is your BIL staying there? Hope everything is o.k.

MD, I am glad that telling H went well, thank goodness for the Canteen puppets. It is really great that they have that sort of thing to pave the way so that cancer= treatment and cure rather than thinking the worst.

Sorry to everyone I have missed.

DH has gone to Melbourne for a week for work. William misses him heaps. He keeps saying 'dadda gone trip aeroplane' and then sadly 'william go trip aeroplane' because he wants to go too. He says 'dadda work' all day, and then 'dadda home tea time' and I have to tell him no. He even drew a picture on his hand and told me it was dadda, then was trying to grab the picture and telling it to 'come out'. He doesn't quite understand that pictures aren't real lol. He is also whingier than he has ever been, I think a combo of these horrible canine teeth, missing DH and being at my mums house.

I organised a surprise baby shower for my cousin yesterday, but W was upset by all the people in the room and kept crying and saying 'wee sleep please' but then when I took him for a nap he cried more - he just wanted to get away from all the people and spend some time with just me. So basically after organising it and paying for all the food etc, I hardly got to spend any time at the actual party!

At the baby shower, the neighbours dog was barking at the fence and I told W not to go near it so he stopped, then he walked a couple of meters down the driveway. The owner was coming out to get the dog, but then W stepped over and put his hand on the fence and the dog dived over and tried to bite him. It was just plain luck that it didn't get a finger or his hand before the owner grabbed it and I got W. He cried for a minute or so and then was o.k. I am very mad about it. I won't tolerate snapping dogs. There is absolutely no reason to have/keep a dog that bites, it is simply bad dog ownership. Apparently this dog has bitten a passerby before, they had to have it castrated and fenced off the back yard. I called the council and they came soon after the incident and issued a $500 fine because it isn't registered. The guy said they can't do much more because it was on its side of the fence and 'defending its property'. Surely that doesn't hold water though, what if my little niece climbs over the fence to get a toy and the dog eats her face for lunch, is that just defending its property? I am going in to town tomorrow, I think I will see if I can get them to offer to take away the fine if the dog is surrendered.

On the bright side, mums puppies are now 4 weeks old and are at the height of adorable! W loves them and they chew on his pants and he runs around laughing saying 'puppies getting William' lol, it is so cute.

Geez Arte - that must have been scary! Poor William missing his daddy I can just imagine how excited he'll be when he arrives home. You'll have to get it on video.
    pap - yay on things falling into place for you!!!
    bbl - han is upset

I typed this out over an hour ago and BB went down, luckily I copied it.
    Ok I will do my best to catch up lol.
    Clare glad your getting better but what terrible news about your cat, I really hope you find her.

PP woo hoo on the creche, thats fab news. Hows your precious bundle going? Do you have a nice big tummy?

Arte how scary with that dog, at least the council came and issued a fine. Bummer you didnt get to enjoy the baby shower. How is everything going with your bubba? Did you have your morph scan?

Cally so glad to hear K is on the mend. Kids bounce back so quickly dont they.

Rainy I am hoping this baby comes on the 9th (not that I want to be overdue again) it is right between mine and mums birthday, would be even more special if it was a girl so we had 3 generations all having birthdays within a week of each other.

Hi to everyone else, hope your all well.

AFM BIL came home just before Easter, he is at his house and going great. I have my first appointment with the birth centre tomorrow and one with the main hospital and will decide after that if we are having this baby at home or elsewhere. I am having so many internal debates about everything lately, it is doing my head in. Well I best be off and find my runners its time for a walk.

hi everyone
    clare - sorry you are feeling a bit down, think it is understandable with all you have had going on... we are all here if you want to chat, if not just read and then pop back on to let us know whats on in your world when you are up to it. Big hugs honey!
    MD - how you doing today our special friend. you are never far from my thoughts.
    Katie - great that your BIL is home and doing well. it must be a stressful time for you and all your family. how are you feeling these days, your preg is going along super fast dont you think? how will yuo decide re homebirth or not - what are the pros and cons you are working through?
    Noni - how are you going at the moment? Asha sounds so adorable - if not a handful! LOL at the oats all over the house!
    Cally - how are those days off going? has dh managed to leave the computers? is it v cold there - it is here.. winter def on the way!
    Sherie - i also dont know how you possibly do all you do in a day, superwoman!
    Arte - so adorable how W misses his DH... I hope you are taking the opp to not do much housework LOL!!! How are you feeling? how is W's sleep now?
    hi to everyone, sory to those i missed...
    as for me, all is well... i ama bit annoyed as i cant make my planning visit at the ob next week as we are in bali. i called thema few weeks back to reschedule and they arent being v helpful to do that. i suggested they see if someone woud swap - i know i wouldnt mind... anyway they havent confirmed mea new time and it is as though it is all my fault (i mean it is bc i am away but they schedule every appt when you 1st go in, so it is understandable you may need to chg 1 or 2...) - so i dont have a confirmed appt. in total i have seen the ob for about 15 mins so far which is fine... but i would think they would try to get me a new appt. now they are saying i may not have 1 til at leat 34 wks... weird. N is good, except his sleeping is beyond a joke now.. we are a bit lost what to do about it. i think he doesnt know how to self settle... tips? DH is pushing fir sleep school and i am wondering if it is all we cand o at this point... help!!! i am finding it hard to rock him too much etc now i am bigger.. so that isnt really an option...

PAP - both MD and I were happy with what QE2 did for us and DD sleeping. I would certainly recommend it, particularly with number 2 coming along.

Trill - I don't know how you do everything either, especially with all the kids home for the holidays!

Rainy - DH is at a public school, certainly not getting paid for working over the holidays!! What a crazy suggestion LOL!!

Clare - glad you are feeling better, hope your cat reappears soon.

Andie - sounds like the plans are moving for your move back to Brisbane. Hope it all goes well.

Arte - how cute is Will!!

K was very good yesterday for her Xray. The dentist visit was fine, we spent more time working out how to get her to open her mouth so the dentist could have a look!! Glad it was a dental clinic so all covered under Medicare, would have felt a bit ripped off paying for a dentist for less than 5 minutes (and that included the teddy getting his teeth checked too!!)

sorry, double post.
    Last edited by Patooties; April 21st, 2009 at 01:48 PM.

hi jaz
    at the moment he has a bath, bottle and a cuddle to sleep - we dont have probs getting him to sleep at the start of the night but it is a prob through the night. his day sleep is ok too, a cuddle and he sleeps...but in the night he wakes often and now yells out for me... and i havent been succesful even in rocking to sleep ony taking him in bed... and now even that is hard. he wakes a few times through the night - maybe 3 times. it has gotten progressively worse the last few months... i would say this has gone on for maybe 3 months. we dont get ANY sleep through nights now... some night he goes for 3 or so hours after going to bed.. sometimes just an hour... its v hard....

hi everyone
    cally - glad the dentist appointment went well - did she try to bite his/her fingers? Hannah does it every time i try to have a feel for new teeth lol. hope you're enjoying your hols.

katie - that's great news that your bil is doing well - and in his own home as well. I bet he's happy about that (not that he wouldn't have been happy at your place !)
    I hope your appointments today give you all the information you need to make your decision

Clare - I'm so sorry that your cat is missing I hope she returns home to you soon.

pap - how does he fall asleep at the moment?

Rainy - did you enjoy your walk? bummer (no pun intended) about the wind. I hope it settles soon for you. Have you checked out the 'Fed up with food additives ' website? there is an article there on breastfeeding. It may be of some help - maybe not. If you google 'fed up with food additives - you'll find the website. If you scroll down you'll see a highlighted box that says 'breastfeeding.'

hi to all of you other lovely ladies as well. hope you're all enjoying your day

Hi pap - I was having the same issues with Hannah. I used to cuddle her to sleep , with no problems - but she did wake through the night looking for me.
    I started putting her in her cot and laying down on the floor beside her. I'd just tickle her, or hold her hand. Then one night i told her that I was going to do something - and left the room. She fell asleep on her own. Since then she has slept better through the night. We have had some MAJOR hiccups recently,(mainly her climbing out of the cot) but we seem to have forgotten all about that at the moment. The hard part is that now she doesn't even want a cuddle now before I put her in her cot

thanks jaz - maybe we will try that tonight... i think he would start crying if i put him down awake but i will try it and see...

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast