Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #47

PAP i hope you can get N's sleep sorted soon. Is he in a cot or big bed? L is loving his big bed. Yes my pg seems to be flying by, 16 weeks already.

Cally how cute that Teddy got his teeth checked too. I haven't taken L to the dentist yet, it is something I should do?

MM where are you??

Meeting at the birth centre was fantastic and my midwife is super dooper lovely. While Dh is happy to support me at home he is still very scared about it all, I need him to be able to support me 100% with out freaking out to much. The birth centre is a good compromise. The midwife will do home visits up until and following the birth and in 3 years only 2 people have missed out because it was full. So the birth centre it is and providing all goes well then the next baby will be born at home, can you believe I am already planning the next one LMAO.

LMAO at planning the next one Katie... you FREAK!!!
    N is still in his cot, we are waiting for the big bed to arrive... hopefully sooner rather than later. i want a magic cure to his sleep LOL!
    I have his 18 months check up on thu so will also spk to the nurse about it then.... have any of yu done this check up?
    i am also wondering where MM is??? hope all is ok.

hi gorgeouses!

jaz- will def check out that website re breastfeeding. i have actually noticed my supply has started to drop a bit and this is making him more fussy...grrrr. i've been doing light n easy but have decided to stop it for a while and instead of focusing on osing weight just focus on being healthy for jimmy iykwim? so i will def check out that website for some tips.

arte- w's talking still completely astounds me. my frind's 3yo dd doesn't even talk like that yet
    i have a new baby name for you- Scarlett- gorgeous huh?
    i think Zac goes well with Will too

katie- i think the birth centre sounds like a great compromise-you really don't want your dh feeling uncomfortable in a situation like that. are you finding out the sex?

clare- any sign of the cat?

pap- great news on care for N

preggo girls i have a tip for you all- my two must have items are:
    hug-a-bub sling
    fisher price rainforest cradle swing
    honestly, i could not get through the day without them.

Rainy I could not have survived without our swing when L was little. I sold my HAB, I have an ERGO but am looking at some other slings too. Still not sure if we will find out the sex, DH wants to.

PAP we didn't have the 18 month check up but still might. I love my CHN and any excuse to sit and have a chat with her.

Hi ladies, I wanted to pop in and say hello but I am EXHAUSTED so it'll be brief today ("a miracle!" I hear you all cry )

Clare - fingies crossed for your furry little familiar. Hope you are hanging in there sweetie.

PP - just watch out because over a certain age they do get a little crafty about keeping mumma/dad nearby while they fall asleep. I believe they modify the sleep-training techniques at this age to the model where you start next to the bed while they fall asleep (no eye contact, minimal shooshing) and then gradually move further away each night until you're out the door and down the hallway having a cuppa tea. So might be worth checking out the sleep school if you're starting to feel too stretched, kwim?

Arte - freaky deak about W's encounter with the dog next door. I'm glad he wasn't hurt but also glad he's not fazed around the other dogs afterwards. I bet you were lightning fast at the time!

LOL everyone I've got DD1 on the other room on MSN, am currently trying to persuade her to come down here and pop some popcorn for us. LOL The joys of having older kidlets around.

katie- will you let us know the sex if you find out? i'm thinking pink but would love to know for sure why did you sell the hab? i'm going to sell the amby hammock we bought- waste of space!

reminds me- would any of you pg girls like a free copy of 'new active birth'? found it while cleaning the house the other day and i won't ever be birthing again, let me know if anyone would like it.

md- do you still do gymberoo? or anyone else? can you tell me a little bit about it? was wondering if lewis would enjoy it

pap- 18month chek this fri. weighed lewis last night- he's 13.7kg

Oh Rainy I would the new active birth. I was going to go and see if the library had a copy.

Jaz - when she wakes (woke) in the night what woudl you do - i am guessing cuddles are out??? oh i am going to miss his warm little body in bed with me... but i know its gotta stop.. only bc he doesnt even settle well in with us anymore. and dh is not for it becoming the 'norm'. i will spk to nurse on thu about it when i take him for 18 months check.
    rainy - i am sure our swing willbe put to good use - i used it with N but think it'll be even more handy with this one. i am looking for a new sling too - i have an ergo but think i need a diff one for newborn. is the HAB hard to tie - i am worried i am too unco for it!!
    MD LOL at the MSN!! yum... popcorn!!
    Rainy - we do gymbaroo - i started when he was young and we have had 2-3 terms off just due to timing but we are going back this term. N really enoyed it for a while then i think he got abit bired of it mainly bc he wasnt mobile but i think he will love it now. they doa free trial class so maybe give that a go? i think term starts next week - and sometimes there is a waitlist (well there is for ours)

katie- pm me your address, i'll post it tomorrow

pap- does the mum have to do much at gymberoo? would i be able to do it with jimmy in a sling?
    the hab is annoying to tie, but i'm very expert at it now as i use it at least twice a day. if you want one that's easier to tie- check out close carrier- bb member kitten stocks them in her store.

i re-enrolled N as i thought i could do it with the new baby in a sling... when they are smaller youdo more as they need you to carry them, dance with them etc but now that they are mobile they do more themselves... usually there is a section of free play on the equipment then you go into a circle and do stuff together - music, dancing, massage etc then back to free play and then music time or something similar. they do activitie with different things - balls, blocks etc i went a lot when N was smaller so i dont know a lot about the older classes - will be back at it when we get home from bali so i can tell you then. our teacher and assistants are always happy to either hold a baby or help with the participating child - i have seen this for mums who have sore backs etc... in fact they often need one to demonstrate on. maybe call your local one adn ask or do a trial?

Pap - if she wakes through the night, i pop her dummy in, cover her with her blanket (she kicks it off) and sometimes lay on the floor beside her until she goes to sleep.
    Other times I pick her up and get into bed with her. I love my bubba snuggles!!

rainy - great idea to not worry about losing weight yet. (i'm still saying that 19 months on lol)

Katie - the birth centre sounds fabulous! How exciting!

Rainy your a legend, I will pm you shortly.

PAP I am looking at the Close carrier that Rainy suggested. It is pricey (well for me lol), I dont know weather to sell my Ergo or not, its hardly used. The only thing I dont like about the ergo is that bub cant forward face.

Jaz I am so excited and feel really good that a decision about where I am having this baby has been made. Just need to let my other midwife know I wont need her services.

thats so great Katie..... and next time the hb!
    thanks for the close carrier tip girls - it does look good!! now i have to convince dh that i need another carrier.... has anyone used the ergo with newborn insert - i LOVE my ergo

pap- i've got the ergo but haven't got the insert, i don't like the look of it tbh. jimmy just looked so tiny, icouldn't imagine him in it iykwim?
    i'll go and google gymberoo now and see if i can do a trial.

katie- book posted

yep i havent seen the insert in person but i was also thnking the ergo looks way to big for a newborn and i want to start using it as early as possible. i think i will look into the close as well, it looks great and not too fiddly. my kinda thing!
    let me know how you get along at gymbaroo and i will tell you how the classes are for older ones when i have taken N.

Hey everyone
    Seems like everyones doing well and chatting away
    Ashas sitting on me atm saying poooo poooo lol so I needa be quick coz she needs to be changed haha!!
    Re the ergo I was hoping to get the newborn insert for it coz I just love the ergo soo much and hated the baby bjorn.. Also doubt dh would be easilt convinced into another carrier!!
    Gymberoo- we went for a while ash was in the walkers to 18mth class or something like that.. It was great and there were signs everywhere saying if u needed trouble with the lifting parts to let the staff know and most of it the kids did themselves or u could do with bub in a sling.. I miss gymberoo if I drove wed still be going but its just too much of a walk for me whilst preg..
    Everything here's going pretty well.. I've put on 7kgs tho which is really bad!! Sitting on my big bum eating!! Physio seems to be working for the hips and pelvis etc..
    Oh god gotta go ashas now telling me she stinks haha better take the hint and change her before she tries to change herself!!!

We had our 18 month check up today. We mentioned that she wasn't talking and we did a quick little survey - she got 3/6 for communication (3/3 for understanding, 0/3 for talking). A fail was 2/6 so even though K didn't fail, we have been referred to a speechie. We're not worried about it, but better safe than sorry. Apparently I didn't talk until I was over 2.

Other than that the usual, weigh, measure, talk about teeth cleaning, sleeping etc.

And her doctor called this afternoon, the collarbone is A-OK. No trampolining for 3 months, but generally she can do anything.

Gymbaroo looks like so much fun, wish we had one down here.

Katie - good news that you've made the decision about where you're going to birth. Must feel good to have that sorted out.

Katie, it is great that you have come to a birthing decision that you sound really happy with. Does your DH get to room in at the birthing center? I would love to go to the local one, they have double beds and the dad can stay overnight.

Rainy, can they face outwards in the HAB? I plan to get a sling, I remember that I was stuck on the couch for the first couple of months because W didn't like to be put down. I guess I won't have the luxury of doing that this time round. I have also been thinking about a swing, I would really like it if this next bub would sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time during the day. Namewise, I don't like Scarlett, it doesn't shorten to anything nice. I love Zac and have suggested Isaac/Zachery a few times but DH doesn't seem keen.

Cally, I have heard that heaps of kids say very little, maybe a word or two until they are two and then there is a sudden speech explosion. I am sure K will be like that, and then as you listen to her crapping on about anything and everything that pops into her head you will fondly remember the time when she didn't talk lol

PAP, I have no advice about the sleeping thing. For us the problem was that W thought he had to feed to get back to sleep, it was only some long nights of denying and giving him lots of cuddles/singing/rocking that convinced him that he could get to sleep without it. I guess it depends how tough you are willing to be. At this age they can understand what you are talking about, so I didn't feel as bad when W was crying because I knew that it wasn't because he felt like I wasn't attending his needs but more that he wasn't getting what he wanted. Personally with a limited timeframe I would go to his cot and pat/shoosh/sing away but not pick him up, but it is a hard call to make.

MD, I really like Micah but I think it is too 'new age' for DH lol. Jovah is too Jehovah for me. I can't remember the girls names now but will go back because there was one that I liked (not Morrow though - there is a Moro candy bar here)

Clare, hope your cat has come home

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast