... 2345614 ...

thread: Babies Born September 2007 #47

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

Arte, that's funny about Micah because it's actually the name of a dude who wrote a book in the Old Testament. Not new at all. OMG I would be sooo beside myself if you used one of my girl names (*swoons at the thought*). hehe

We doing Kindergym which is like a non-profit version of Gymbaroo, sounds like it's essentially the same tho. Heaps of mums are there Rainy with little bubs in slings while the older toddler plays, plus there's sometimes a pram parked with a sleeper in it! Go for it I reckon, L will love it and it's good to have something like that to go to. We're taking next term off, our session has been too late in the morning and MIssy E is cranky and over it by then...hoping a better time comes up in Term 3.

Cally that's interesting about the speech referral, I'm not sure they even checked DD1 when she was that age, I had to keep asking and insisting until they did something about it. In the end we had to pay to go private because her delay was not considered 'severe' enough to warrant public speechie time.

Little milestone for us today - Missy E's first haircut. Not very much hair came off, she doesn't look very different either LOL.

Jun 2007
    Dandenong Ranges, Melbourne.

checked out gymberoo- there is one nearby with an 18month to 2yo at 10.30 on tuesdays which would suit us- except that lewis has been going down for his sleep at about 10.45 everyday- could be a massive issue iykwim/? also it's just so exxxie- $190 a term (10wks) is heaps i reckon! what do you guys think?

arte- they can face outwards in hab, but i've never done it. last time i used hab until about 5months just in tummy to tummy position then moved on to ergo. jimmy is obsessed with the hab though, he's in it right now after an hour of screaming- it's the only way to settle him.

Feb 2007

Rainy wow that does seem a little pricey, I have never been though and couldnt tell you if it was "worth it". Oh meant to say earlier that I am not sure if we will spill the beans on the sex, I might pull a PAP lol.

MD how was E while they cut her hair?

seeing the hospital seems to have made this pg suddenly more real today. I am feeling super excited about it all. Bub has moving lots tonight too.

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2007
    Perth

Cally - I'm sure like Arte said her language will all come out at once. Dont worry M isnt really saying much either, we get the 'uh oh' ALOT & thats about it. I havent done the 18 mth check & I wasnt planning on it, but maybe its not a bad idea.

Katie - Well thats good I am glad that you are sorted and happy with the birthing center. I think you are right, thats the next best option if DH is a bit nervous about the home birth. Like you said maybe next time around you can go for the home birth. & yes you are a mad woman planning the next one already lol. What is an active birth?

Rainy - Yep gotta love those battery powered swings!!

MD - We are starting something similar to kinder gym next week, its called toddler dance but its like dancing & gym stuff.

PAP - Oh no you poor thing!! I hope N gives you some sleep soon!! I also use Jazmum's trick of lying next to the cot on the floor. I hope this works for you? Are you taking N to Bali it sounds like you need a rest!?

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2007
    Perth

WHOA Rainy that is through the roof! We are paying $75 for 10 weeks of toddler dance/gym through the local ymca center

YAY Katie I am excited for you!!!!!

Aug 2006
    Our house, in the middle of our street

Hi MM !!

Rainy - that's incredibly expensive! i had taken Hannah for a trial day to something similar to what MM is talking about. I found though, that all she wanted to do was climb up the foam blocks and jump off (and tried to climb the stairs that were out of bounds ) I decided that I'd just take her to the local park as much as I could. She can climb there, swing, slide and use all of those other muscles necessary for gross motor development. Lots of singing and dancing at home as well. I will try her again at the end of the year though. Do you have any of those indoor play centres near your place?

Jun 2007

yeah i take him to the playcentre at least once a week and he runs around like a mad man. think i might give gymberoo a miss for a little while

girls i'm begininng to think jimmy might have silent reflux. he screamed in pain for 4 hours last night and was inconsolable. i've been reading on here about the symptoms and ithink it's that. waiting for dr to open so i can make an appointment

Feb 2007

Rainy I hope the Dr can give you some answers!!! Poor mummy and poor little Jimmy!

Jun 2007

thanks hun, it's really upsetting me. we just don't know what to do anymore. i hate seeing him so upset..poor little monkey

Feb 2007

That helpless feeling is horrible. You just want to do something that will help but dont know what that something is.

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2007

oh rainy - i hope the dr can do something for you guys... my cousin had silent reflux and it took ages for his mum to realise and have it diagnosed so great you are onto it if that is what it is. i hope the dr gives it the attention it needs. at least he loves the HAB. the ymca does run some fab classes too, but not sure if you have one near you? gymbaroo it depends a lot on the teacher.
    Katie - am sooo excited for you!!! LOL at pulling a PAP!!! it s v hard not to tell you guys...
    Jaz - well your method was a no go last night, he yelled when i put him in the cot and wouldnt lie down... so i cuddled him, what a sucker. anyway he then woke at 9.30 and DH spent 2 hrs settling him (cuddling) as he was yelling out mama mama but DH was determined... then he slept til 5.30 and came into our bed for another hour (which i am fine with). I think we need to get it sorted but the QE2 is prob the way to do that...i am lucky DH is willing to be so patient with it, as he feels so rejected that N yells when he comes in at night (only then - and he loves being put to bed by DH) but he knows he has to persevere...i hope the new bed helps, it will be arriving when we get back from Bali!
    MM - yep N is comingto Bali with us - I am sooo looking fwd to a week away. and i am meeting my bf twins on friday as i am spendingt he day in sydney - yay!
    Cally - i am also sure her speech will suddenly 'appear' esp if you were also a late talker (like N's walking bc i was a late walker) but great you got a referral anyway, it cant hurt and i hear too many stories of ppl getting sent really late in tje piece and needing to do a lot more work.
    MD how was E with the haircut. i REALLY Need to do that for N. poor thing though his long hair is rather cool. his new american apparel stuff arrived and so today he is wearing skinny jeans and a black zippy - with his long hair i taught him to say 'yo' and he looks like sucha cool dude!
    off to have my GD test today, i have put it off for too long (dont even know why!!)

Oct 2006

morning everyone
    am actually on teh computer this morning haha cleaned off the desk so sitting heres not so cramped haha!!
    not heaps happening here.. Asha is becoming really clingy at night.. i think its a combination of teething as well as knowing somethings going on with me re the baby etc.. she really wants me at night over dp which is upsetting him a bit too i think.. hopefully its just teeth and shell start looking up soon.. her sleep is still all over the place im exhausted!!
    umm what else hehe oh dp talked to his boss yesterday and managed to get himself a 4.5k pay rise per year which isnt heaps but every little bit counts.. mentioned that he was thinking of leaving due to money and how far away it is and she said she could offer him that for now as well as a move to a slightly closer office and the promise of management training and experience so hes pretty happy about that.. its good to know his job is so secure, that she would rather do anything she can to keep him rather than see him go
    oh looks like ash will be starting swimming lessons tuesday as well.. my mums husband is a swiming teacher and they booked her in.. seems the wrong season if u ask me but oh well..
    rainy - sorry jimmy is in so much pain.. awful when u feel so helpless!! hope the dr has some answers for u!
    md - is kindergym a wide spread thing? i havnt heard of it before..
    cally - thats interesting about the 18mth check i hadnt heard of it.. im sure theres nothing to worry about tho as others have said.. i dont think asha talks all that much either tho she seems to have started with a few more words lately..
    hope everyones having a good day

Aug 2006

hi everyone,
    Pap - I found that Hannah used to do that initially as well. I never put her in the cot unless she was happy to go in. I guess it was one of those lucky days for me the first time she layed in there happily awake (with me by her side of course) Hannah never used to like DH settling her either. She would scream until i went into her. That is changing now though.
    noni - that's fabulous news about dh's pay rise. Good on him for being assertive and asking for it.
    Rainy - i hope you get into see the doc today.

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

Kindergym tends to be through local gymnastics clubs, it leads into a gymnastics stream later on if that's what you're interested in. If you have a gym in your area you should ask what pre-school programs they have. Lots of them start after 2, so if you can't find one now, keep looking for a group that is for 2 and up. We only pay $60 per term. I think $190 is pretty exxy, that's how much I'm paying for music lessons per term for DD1 (!)

Rainy let us know how you go at the drs.

Noni, I bet you are stoked about the payrise, that's great he will be closer too. WTG Mr Noni!! Yay for swimming lessons, I"m pretty keen to get Missy E started but might have to leave it unil later in the year...

Hey has anyone started to think about 2nd birthday parties and what you might do in the way of a theme? We did Bananas in Pyjamas for DD1 (cos there's 2 of them) - I had the whole cake decked out in banana lollies and blue smarties - looked awesome LOL - but not sure if that'll hit the spot for Missy E...

Mar 2008
    North Northcote

hi girls,

our great news is that we found our cat!!!!! she was hiding about 6 blocks from our house in a drainpipe under a house... nice and convenient!!

PP: re the slings, go and check out the organic shop at the griffith shops!! I LOVE my ellaroo ring sling and used it from pretty much day dot with miss L.
    Leila still doesnt settle as well with DH as she does with me; i guess cause we have done so much of it we have a finesse that the boys find hard to replicate LOL!

Rainy: oh, i hope that it goes well with the GP today. it can be really hard to have them take SR as a serious investigation. they always try to just fob ppl off. well that has been the experience at least for a mum in our group with her bub.
    i really hope that some answers can be found for the poor wee thing.
    Wow. i didnt realise Gymbaroo cost so much. bummer. we were thinking of something like that. i guess i could see if we have a ymca around here...dont hold any high hopes with our council though.

MD: no, we haven't given too much thought to 2nd birthday yet. although i did see some way too cute invites at this baby store in richmond that will NEED to be bought for the occasion. not sure of themes for miss L...she really isn't into too much except dogs and poo (and not necessarily in that order!).

Noni: WTG with DH! that is awesome. good on him for talking to the boss! that must have been a bit intense.

Katie: woot woo on the birth centre!

AFM: well it's awesome for us that our cat is back. we are alot more relaxed that's for sure.
    leila is growing great guns ATM. still a smidgen under 10kgs, but she is healthy and happy so i am not worried. hhhmm, not much to report really! i guess that's a good thing at times LOL!

Aug 2006

clare - sooo happy that you found your cat!!! that is fab news. Hannah is still a light weight too - although she looks like a teletubbie - probably cause she's a tiny little bubba! (did that sound horrible???)

speaking of teletubbies - we got our dvd's in the mail today. I will play them on days when we need a little cuddle

md - 2nd birthday - not yet. I'm not sure what to do this year. Zoe will probably have a little party with some friends from school, so not sure whether we'll have anything major for Hannah. Might just go to a playcentre with some friends or something. Anyone want to fly up????? We'd love to see you! wouldn't that be nice.

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2007

how lovely it would be if we could do the bday parties together - or have a big one for all our babies together. one day we will arrange it!!
    Clare - how fab that your cat is home. what a relief!
    I just had my GD test - hope it is ok. i had a trainee guy and he stuffed it up - when putting the 2nd vial in he accidentally took out the needle - OUCH and blood everywhere! they sent someone in to prod the other arm ad get the rest. I then treated myself to some new clothes - bather for bali, a pair of cargoes and a gorgeous dress for work. have some big meetings when i get back so thought i better spruce mysefl up a little!

Feb 2007

Clare thats awesome that your cat is home.

PAP woo hoo on the shopping, I just went and bought some more mat shirts.

MD we are going to Syd for L's birthday this year and will have a few little parties. Will take him to the local play centre too.

Is anyone a member of the Huggies website? They have 4 books for $30 with free postage at the moment. I just got L's books today and they are great. I cant wait to have some new stories to read.

... 2345614 ...