Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #47

hey everyone! So much chatter I can't keep up LOL.

I completely forgot about the 18mth checkup. Not sure if I will do it or not. I don't think I did Paiges even, would have to look in her book.

Had haircuts for all of us today except for the baby - his was cut the other week. Then shopping. Before we left I was going crook about Erin not having enough 'good' stuff to wear out etc for winter and DH said well buy her some, and I said well I don't have enough money left to get any (cause we are on a super tight budget and the rest goes to savings) unless I put it on the cc and he said well put it on your cc then. So $140 at target later she is kitted out for winter LOL and that was with 20% off. At least I have his blessing . It's just that crappy time of year when it's too cool for summer gear and all the winter stuff from last year is too small and I hadn't got round to getting Erin's clothes yet cause with school she doesn't really need a lot of casual clothes.

Oh, the funniest thing happened when we got home though. Alister found a squeezie rafferties in the cupboard of the broccoli, spinach, pear and peas and he wanted it right or wrong and I thought righto, but you won't like it. So he eats it like he does a squeezy fruit and all is fine, but then he held onto it while climbing on the lounge and it squeezed out onto his arm and he's beside himself saying yuuuuck mum and gagging and carrying on so I get his hand and say to him 'just lick it off' and put his hand towards his mouth and then he said 'you lick it' and started gagging again. I guess once it squeezed out and he could see what it looked like he thought it was something else and refused to eat it LMAO. So I had to wipe it off his hand.

i had to laugh at Alister's aversion to 'green'! LOL!

It was a sight to behold LOL. I was just hoping that all the gagging didn't bring the rest of it up.

I missed the bit about you finding your kitty! I bet she was soooo happy to see you - bet she stank a bit too LOL. I wonder what made her wander so far away?

Oh Trill - that's hilarious!!!! Reminds me of a time when Jess was gagging while watching Funniest Home videos.!!!!

hahahahaha trill im so glad i came on to read what was happening thats sooo funny!!!
    cassius - sooo glad u found ur cat!!
    ashas driving me up the wall today to the point where i put her in her bed and left her there for over 2 hours coz i just couldnt deal with her!! veerrry stressed atm trying to take some deep breaths and move on!

Trill that is just priceless!!!!
    made me really laugh!

Noni - hope your day improves... we all have them!

LOL Trill thats hillarious! & you knew he wouldnt like it, mum knows best hehe. Yay for DH's blessing to use the cc!

Rainy - How did you go at the doc? That silent reflex can be awful from what I have heard. I cant imagine what else would keep him up for 4 hrs during the night?

Noni - Hey $4,500 is a huge pay rise! Well done! Hope your day gets better.

PAP - Yay for spending up on yourself. You will have a ball in Bali. Which hotel are you staying at if you dont mind? We are looking at going soon too as DH has been building up his frequent flyer points with all his trips over east lately, so I have been meaning to check out family friendly hotels. Someone told me the Dynasty is good.

Clare - Oh poor kitty, would she have been there all that time? At least she is home safe with you now. I cant believe you have been out at all hrs searching for her, she must be a much loved part of the family, so I'm glad you got her back.

Oz - Hey $30 thats a bargain! May have to check that out.

MD - What musical instrument is DD1 learning? As for birthday, I might do a bit of a hi 5 theme with the cake & all, she is such a huge fan. Might just go down to a nice park too. Banana's sound cool, but what is E into?

Girls can anyone tell me what a red pimple type dot under the eye is? M has had it for over a week now & I dont think it bothers her, but its just really red. She also has a couple of faint ones under her other eye. They appeared after her cold. We thought they were just pimples but they havent gone away yet!

MM sounds like it could be a sty. I think they are common with children with colds as they rub there snotty little noses then their eyes, ewww lol. I have had a few over the years, although I am sure they arent from putting snot in my eyes.

Trill thats the funniest story ever!

Andie- eww on the tick on Alex. good thing you got to it quickly. as for moving to QLD, it sounds like the way to go. support for you and the kids, work, friends, family etc etc.

Trill - Not worried about Fiji at all. The Smart Traveller warnings haven't changed in like 10+ years. We are mainly in Nadi which is not affected like Suva (capital) can be. Plus tourism is their trade so very unlikely that they will do or let anything happen to us. Another plus is that we are on a gated island that also has the Hilton etc so extra safe.

Noni - good work on getting A into a big girl bed..hope it all goes smoothly for you and her

Cally - Glad the collarbone has healed up nicely. So no jumping from tall buildings for her for a while.

Rainy - love the Dory mantra...can Dory not be Confusious incarnate? lol

Clare- So happy that kitty came home. Nothing worse than the unknown

Pap - Good work on getting the care situated sorted. Our FDC has quit to go to taching fulltime so gave us a weeks notice to find somewhere else. So not what I needed to do before going away. But luckily got in somewhere and she seems like a good FDC, she has a 19 month old son as well so sarah can interact with same age as well as others.

Sarah has 3 x 240ml cow juice bottles per day (most days). One on wakeup, another at day sleep and last at bed. She also gets a bit of boob after those bottles (except if someone else is putting her to sleep ie daycare). Also, loves her cheese and yoghurt so I think we have dairy covered. Pity the little toad is not into meat or vegies that much.

Well we fly out to Fiji on Sunday morning and come back thursday 7th. so can't wait to head back over. Am hoping for easy internet access tho cos I so can't do without facebook or bellybelly for too long. lol. Trying to get things organised and remember what they had over there as to what I may need to take food wise. Actually Clare you might be able to give me a bit of advice perhaps...?

And as for 2nd bday parties, I haven't really thought about it but did find some awesome Tinkerbell party stuff so that could be a go. Although, she has no idea who she is so might hold off to her 3rd bday. So maybe my little pony or something, or a ladybug one?

Anyhoo...sorry if I missed anyone. Night all

Hi girls!

thanks for all the well-wishes with Baby the Kat. we are absolutely stoked that she is home! and yes, she was a wee bit dirty and smelly. we think she just bunked down in the air vent thingy and didnt move until we walked past 3 days later...

MM: hmmm no idea what the spots could be. i have had a sty before, but it was inside the lid so was really itchy. so maybe it could be something like that? i'd ask at the pharmacist?

Kate: hhmm, food wise i reckon you guys will be pretty well decked out for S over there. loads of fresh fruit and the like, and i am sure that the hotel will be awesome! although milk can be a bit tricky at times to find (unless she is happy with UHT). I'd maybe just bring some back-up plan raffertys or something JIC she cracks it! LOL! mmm i am soo jealous! i could really hammer a kokoda right now!!! MMMMMMM. we are hoping to head over there mid-year....fingers crossed my research will be approved (i aint holding my breath! LOL). so are you staying on denarau? noice!

AFM: all good here. am starting to feel a bit more normal. although my low iron is giving me the shirts no end. i keep having black outs which is really annoying. but that is on the way to being mended. do you guys have any tips for getting extra iron?? i am iron tabs, but they arent cutting the mustard as quickly as i had hoped.
    Leila is just divine and everyday DH reminds me that i make beautiful babies LOL! man is he ever so keen to hear the pitter patter of more baby feet LOL! but i have put the brakes on until december/january as i want to be fully healthy again.

hi all
    gotta be quick as i am in panic mode toget ready for bali - so much work to do, N's 18 months check, packing etc etc... aaah all this to relax LOL!!
    clare def think it is a good idea to wait til you are 100% to ttc, i know i have found it really a lot harder this time being run down, the stomach ulcer etc etc and the preg is a lot harder to deal with (less time, energy etc etc). That said I WANT YOU TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY!! LOL!!! your DH sounds so divine - as is mine who this morning decided that in prep for birth/late preg etc he willnow do all the morning shifts with N so i get the extra hour or so of sleep. what a gem!
    Kate - if it is any help i am not taking much to bali. snacks for plane and some raffertys for those times i cant find much - last time i orderd plain rice somtimes and he had raffertys on it... but i think with fresh fruit etc they will be fine. i remember N having loads of fruit, juices and then grilled fish and rice, spag bol etc. i thinkmost hotels will have enough for them? i am wondering about milk though as N still has 1 bottle a day and last time we didnt need this... hmmmm

H, do you think it could be like an ingrown hair or a blind pimple? Could be just one of those mystery type things that will sort itself out too - do you think it's bothering her?

Clare, you could try boosting your intake of vitamin c as that will help with the iron absorption, but best to have it fresh as juice and not tablets. Having low iron can also affect your immunity too, so it's not wonder you've been hit so hard with it all. I definately think you should have several more babies but also a good idea to wait till you are 100% over this.

Kate, that's a relief to know you are going to a safer area.

PP, your DH is an absolute doll for doing that for you.

Argh I can feel a MIL vent coming on....

SIL & I organised to have a bbq at ours in a couple of wks time, she said she will call in laws & let them know. All good. Well SIL just told me that MIL wont be coming unless she gets a personal invite from me. Ahhh! To be honest I havent been looking forward to this bbq as not having the in laws stay 24/7 has been a nice break for us. I really dont want to speak to her yet, I dont feel ready, maybe I am being an immature ***** but after the last couple of awkward family gatherings I am a bit peeved. Should I just get DH to speak to her & invite them? Sorry this has turned into a rambling mess but I'm so over family right now, how sad is that?

Hi girls,

MM- Gee if it was me I probally would not invite her and when you are ready have another Family BBQ.
    Kate- Hope you have a wonderful time away
    PP- when are you on your holiday
    Clare- I know it sounds gross but raw liver or I think brocilli which sounds better than the liver.
    Cally - Glad her colarbone is ok now
    Noni- WTG Mr Noni on the pay rise.
    MD- I was just thinking I will have to start preparing for birthday parties.

ATM we are all good. The swimming lessons are great and liv really enjoys it. My aqua circuit is awesome and I love that too but not sure if its the mumma time away from the family or the excercise I enjoy. lol

Hello to everyone

Clare - Yep, staying at Worldmark on Denarau and can't wait. We've got some packet pasta and some saucey things to add to rice, pasta, vegies but think she'll be fine over all. Now the milk thing, I haven't tried her on UHT as such but I have cracked a long life normal milk before and she was fine with it. Fingers crossed hey? hehe. Noni ended up having iron injections with Asha I think. Otherwise, increase red meat intact.

PAP - I know what you mean about hectic lead up to a relaxing time. I hope you have a blast in Bali. and fingers crossed for you too in regards to milk.

MM - Geez your MIL sounds so immature. I would just ring her on the basis of saying that M had done something really amazing recently and thought you'd let her know. And then just slip in "so are you coming to the bbq?' Make it out that it was not the basis for the call but slip it in anyway. Why do MILs have such a hard time giving up their baby sons?

AFM - We head to Brissie tomorrow so I have been frantic getting things sorted and packed. Am hoping to be able to log on every now and again over there but probably only fb to save time. I don't think I can survive too long without the internet. hehe

Anyway, off to bed now after another load of washing.

Leanne - glad you are enjoying your aqua circuit. I see the posts on facebook about it hehe. I understand about the mumma time as well. But for the sake of all those not part of bb then we will say it is the exercise reason not the kid free reason lol

Kate-u lucky going 2 fiji.

PAP-u lucky going 2 bali!

Have fun girls + relax + visit the awesome night markets!

just quick - heading off soon to get the IUD taken out. Will see you all in a day or so *mwa* and love to you all

Good luck Trill, hope it all goes well at the Fanny Doctor

MM - life is too short hun. Make your DH ring her. Get him to ring latish in the evening so he can pretend you've already gone to bed if she gets stand offish about you not ringing yourself. Then when she arrives just act normal. Let anything she does or doesn't do slide straight off. She can only play games if you let her! xxx

Supa - we're overdue for our coffee date!!

Clare - MD's tips for the iron-deficient: eat Weetbix brand (must be Sanitarium) every day for brekky with a glass of iron-fortified orange juice. Eat your greens. There's this tonic stuff that you can get at the health food store, it's called Floradix, it has plenty of iron etc in it. All the homebirthers use it as a post-birth tonic so I'm sure there are some goodies in that you could do with. xx YAY for Baby Kat!!!! I'm so stoked for you. xxx

Kate I'm not even talking to you hun, I'm so madly jealous of your obscenely fabulous trip to Fiji!!!

Well I have had to cancel our family portrait today because of the Rather Noticeable large stye in my eye (!) Seriously looks like I have conjunctivitis which means we also have to cancel H's grandparent date this morning - as my step mum (she of the cornea transplant) will be climbing the wall if it looks anything like JunkyEyeTis. Which means I suddenly have an opening in my social calendar this morning...not sure what to do.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast