Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #6

well sounds like it was bad nights all round.. Ash was up and down too then after her 5ish feed i put her down and she started spewing in the cot i got her up and cleaned her and changed her but when i put her back i could hear her gurgling and coughing and i was too worried she was gonna choke on it so she came in with us and was awake on and off the whole morning...
    fianne - sorry not sure about the milk thing i knew mine was backing off by how much was in the breast pads but because i wasnt bfing there was a very significant difference iykwim? hope someone can help you out with it..
    haley - yeah you certainly get over everyone needing to have a look dont you? unfortunately for me i havnt had one so i will have to we have one of those sleeping bags (not a summer one yet though we will prob be getting one) they are good if ur bubs tends to kick the blankets off or wont stay wrapped... but they are expensive so if you can keep the sheet over her id go with that the summer sleeping bags are just a sheet that you dress them in anyway..
    whats everyone doing about the cervical cancer vaccine?? having it not having it??
    arte - Ash will very rarely stay wrapped too same thing from day one she was wriggling those arms out apparantly i was the same as a baby..
    md - i heard hairyness is an early trait because they dnt lose the hair thats covering their body before they come out not sure how early bubs has to be for that though but someone was telling me the other day her son was born at 7mths with black hair all over him and looked like a little monkey lol...

Fianne, It is highly unlikely that your milk has 'dried up' just like that. You might find you are having a little patch of breast refusal. Can result from hormonal changes, or if you have eaten something strong smelling, or even new detergent for your clothes etc. Try showering and feeding after that. Sometimes it helps to express a bit until you get a let down and then put the baby on so they don't have to wait, or get the baby sucking on a dummy, then whip the dummy out and put them on the breast. A baby that is fussy and feeding frequently is actually a good thing because after a few days of frequent feeds your supply will be boosted. The signs of adequate supply remain the same - plenty of wet nappies, baby looks alert & good skin tone, and baby continues to gain weight over a period of time. Sometimes they fuss and feed more when they are having a growth spurt, it's a good time to rest more, let the housework slide, drink plenty of fluids, and feed your baby as often as you can manage. After a couple of days of this you will find it goes back to a more normal pattern of feeding - HTH.

Ok, so all those ladies with 2,4,6 o'clock feeding regimes - Welcome to my world!!!! haha - just remind yourself IT WILL GET BETTER!

Re the summertime, I just put DD1 down with a nappy and singlet and wrapped in a cotton cot sheet. I have found with E that she is an escape artist in the muslin wraps (don't know why) so might have to resort with wrapping in the cot sheet before long!

Noni - re the cervical cancer vaccine, i'm too old to get it for free (it costs $450 for us oldies), but want to speak to my dr about the newer vaccine which may have more relevance to ppl like me. If i was in the appropriate age group I would definitely have it done. Know too many women who have pre-cancerous changes in their cervices!
    Last edited by AnyDream; November 5th, 2007 at 04:31 PM.

lewis hates being wrapped as well. i was thinking of buying a gro bag so his little arms can be out. he screams if you wrap him!!
    i need a pap smear as well. i've had 3 letters in the mail reminding me! might ask for one at my 6 week check up..
    fianne- i thought my milk was running out a couple of weeks back but it wasn't. like barb would say- when in doubt, just keep putting the baby on the boob. there are days when lewis feeds all day long. every 2 hours, sometimes every 1.5 hours. it drives me crazy but i do it. i always get woken twice in the night, sometimes more. there was one time that he slept from 12-6 and i was wrapped!
    sherie- i'm so happy it rained for you love. hopefully there's more where that came from.
    i think my af has returned. is that even possible this soon???? i can't believe it. i was so angry with dp last night...i can't believe it was possible pmt. i thought i'd get a bit of reprieve from that...

Fianne, it is about this time (6-ish wks) that your boobs settle down and you don't have the engorgement or *full* feeling anymore as they know how much to produce to suit your baby. It is also possible it's something you ate that is coming through your milk too that she doesn't like. When my milk dried up, it was literally within a day - I went from engorgement one day to nothing the next. But I don't think your's is drying up. There are other alternatives to the aktivite drink too, like ferungeek and then the medical alternatives in motillum and maxolon (?sp). And remember that the milk comes out of your breast slower than it does the bottle, even with the slowest teats so she may be frustrated that it isn't coming out quick enough now - especially if you don't have the big gushing let down now. Post in the BF problems and support forum and Barb Glare may have some more advice for you.

Noni, how is Asha now? She hasn't been spewy again like this morning? I am too old for the vaccine now LOL so I am ruled out whether I like it or not. I put Alister in with me this morning too after DH left for work at 4.30 and he was stirring.

Hi ladies, I'm Ange. I had my little girl Luella on the 28/9. A week early, induced due to preeclampsia. I have been hanging out with my oct-buddies, but thought i might introduce myself to you ladies. i heard you were a lovely bunch! ( Gracie )

Things are going well here, L is a pretty content bub, although she has her moments!

Hope you don't mind a late thread crasher, looking forward to getting to know you all.

Howdy everyone, it certinly has been busy in here.

Noni I am not having the vaccine, I heard it is better for people who are not yet sexually active or have multiple partners as it only protects against the HPV virus. Since I am married and and only DTD with DH I am not going to bother. I could be very wrong though.

Fianne could Max be going through a growth spurt? Maybe thats why she is being fussy?

Hayley Logan likes to kick his blankets off so I was thinking about the summer sleeping bags. At the moment we just put him in a short sleeved suit with a muslin wrap and i change him at one of his feeds if it has cooled down to much.

Sherie great to hear your tanks are full. Also good news that Alisters skin is getting better. I have bought some paw paw and out in the cupboard, I hear its a good all round cream to have.

We caught up with a few people from our antenatal class yesterday, it was lovely and everyones babies were so cute. We have decided to make it a regular thing now. The BB's are feeling better but I am still using the shields for now as the crack is still pretty big. We took Logan to the beach this morning but it was to windy to stay long. He looked adorable in his rash shirt and speedos though (will put pics in the gallery).

Hi to everyone else, hope you have had a good start to the week.

ETA when Logan cries now he really drops the bottom lip it is so supa cute, I cant help but laugh when he does it.
    Last edited by Ozstar; November 5th, 2007 at 04:46 PM.

Hey Gracie! we posted at the same time. I wish I would get my AF so I can start taking the pill again - I hate using condoms and it could be a while before Dh can get the "Brick treatment" as he calls it LOL. I have been having cramps, and I keep expecting her to show up but nothing yet.

Hi Ange and Welcome! Luella is such a pretty name. Have things been going well for you all? And how is your BP settling down?

Katie, that's great you've all decided to keep meeting up. It is so handy to have a support network of people who are going through the same thing. Glad the boobies are better too.

hi Ange!!
    good to see you, you'll love it in here. had a look at the photos of luella. she's beautiful!!
    katie- interesting to know that about the vaccine. if that's true i won't bother getting it either.
    sherie- we posted at the same time again!! so does getting af mean i can go on the pill? we haven't dtd yet so it hasn't been as issue yet. will ask ob on my check up appointment on dec 3. i have to ask you sherie, do you pronounce your name as though it ryhmes with tree or merry iykwim?? it does my head in when i say it in my head as i never know which way to say it...
    Last edited by Ginger; November 5th, 2007 at 04:58 PM.

Sherie, thanks for your kind words. Yesterday we had some pouring rain in Melb too, felt good Good to hear Alister face is better
    Gracie, was it cold up in the hill yesterday? I hope I am not making you scared. Youíre doing such a great job and I donít think mastitis affects everyone.
    Marydean, thanks for the acidophilus suggestion, I need to keep reminding myself to buy it. What did you take, inner health plus? And howís your wound btw? I might also ask thedr about the ultrasound.
    I am a bit sad that Aus Idol is almost over, this is the best time to sing with your hairbrush LOL
    About the hairy baby thing, my friendís baby has lots of hair and one of the nurse said she looks like an orangutan(sp?) ... I think thatís rude, cause she is so cute with all the hair.
    LOL at your dinner story
    Katie, have you tried lansinoh or changing position? I found feeding in lying position helps, I think DS attachs better while I lie down.
    Ella, good on you to have such a routine established! Itís hard for us, I donít think he is into it. Me too love watching him sleeping even at 3 or 4 in the morning
    Hayley, he is sleeping in my HAB atm, I am currently loving it. Which colour are you getting? I have the light green / beige one (cant remember what itís called).
    I had pap smear during the 6 week check, but thatís because mineís due in December.
    Cally, hope Katie wont catch it
    Artechim, sorry to hear that you had a rough night. Is he going through somekind of growth spurt? Hope you can get some rest.
    Fianne, sorry I cant give you any advice as I am new to BF as well. But I think I read a thread here that you cant run out of milk if your baby still sucking (pls correct me if I am wrong, but you might want to look under the BF thread).
    Noni, hope Asha is better tonight. About the sleeping bag, does she like it? I havent had the vaccines

DH decided to ask some guys to renovate our bathroom and toilet (I actually disagree). And of all days, they started today! Poor DS with all the loud noises. They said itíll be at least 5 days. And we donít have any water now, they stopped the tap. But I shouldnt complain though, remembering what Sherie has gone through with water

Hope Queenie & Sasha are doing well

ETA Welcome Ange, love the name Luella, so sweet

hi ladies! thanks for the reassurances and advice...will try the suggestions.
    bad night last night? well, it wasn't a real bad night...except for the fact that it was my very first night all alone with max. dp had flown up to townsville for work (back tonight) yesterday. got a text message from him early this morning to say how great it was to wake up after a full night's sleep and that we should do that 1x a week. schedule a good sleep night each. to recover from all the other nights.
    max seems to sleep better (during the day and at night) when she's all wrapped up but she does wriggle her arms out through the night.
    gotta go...max fussing....

hi agnes!!!
    yes it has been bloody cold up here lately. i have the heater on evey day..you have the same colour hab as me (sage) sometimes i feel like a yoda or something in it. i kind of wish i'd got the navy/berry one now. oh well!

Gracie, LMAO at you looking like Yoda! And it's Sherie as in merry LOL - we had a thing a while back with Cherie (another mod) as she is Cherie as in tree LMAO and everyone had it around the wrong way. You can only take the min pill while BF - definately ask your Dr about it at your check up.

Agnes, you will have to post pics of the bathroom when it is done. Do you not think it needs renovating? And complain all you want about the water - its an inconvenience not to have any.

Wish i had a "Yoda" HAB, mine is black and gets too hot on a sunny day!

Thanks for warm welcome.

Sherie- Bp slowly coming down. At its peak it was 174/126, now about 150/95. (Pre-preg it was 120/80) So much better. Ob said it can take a few weeks to settle down.

Agnes- Your name was on our short list. Agnes Water is a fav town of ours in QLD, we thought about naming Luella after it! Maybe the next one.

so many posts lol.

Gracie I am pretty sure I have AF back. I posted 2 weeks ago about some bleeding and have some more now, sound slike my verry irregular Af is back. I thought I might get a few more months of no Af since I am BF but no such luck oh well.

Ange welcome and congrats on the birth of Luella, what an absolutley gorgeous name. How did you come up with it?

Agnes I am using lansinoh and do alot of feeds laying down. I think he is just not attaching properly, being lazy. I will go and see an LC and see what she says. Thanks for the advice though.

Sherie I too wondered about how to pronouce your name and I had it the other way round lol.

Better go keep an eye on dinner

ooohh thanks merry sheriei feel so much better now that i know. i used to work with a lady named sherie (merry) brown and she was lovely. very pretty too!

katie- i'm spewing about af! i was loving not having it.

so who do we think is going to win the melb cup tomorrow? sticking with the bb purple theme i'm thinking maybe purple moon??

Hi Ange, welcome to our little September "family" - I agree Luella very pretty name and quite unusual!

Agnes, I just bought the Blackmores acidophilus (trust the brand) - it has acidophilus and bifidus. I also eat Vaalia yoghurt, my friend (dietician) said it's the only yoghurt in Australia that has enough units of culture in it to affect the bowel health. HTH. Who are you going for in Aus Idol? I was barracking for young Ben but now he's gone I'm going for young Matt. Those are two awesomely talented young thaings.

Wound much better, still gets a bit sore if I have to carry E for too long (means I can't use the sling as much as I'd like to) and especially after I did my coughing last week (!) But it looks much better and I'm not worried about it turning bad again now.

OMG Sherry I've been calling you Shereeeeee all this time (!!) I never even thought to pronounce it any different - so sorry!

LOL about Yoda HABs - mine's a kinda army browny greeny but it's got the nice indigenous picture on the front panel...had it made up in the large size especially. Like everyone else, worried about summer heat, but i'll have my new accidental purple sling by then! LOL

Sorry no good on teh gee gees, only ever go in the sweep at work, pity cos I'm related to the waterhouses...!

ETA - later in your lactation (ie once baby is on solids) and provided there are no supply problems, you can actually go onto a very low dose combined pill... I went on one around the 6 mth mark no problems - it provided peace of mind since I'd got AF back and the minipill is not as effective once you're actually ovulating regularly.

gosh so many posts and i was only on a little while ago
    md - glad the wound is getting better...
    gracie - lol i didn't even know it was melbourne cup tmw haha
    katie - gl with the lactation consultant
    welcome Ange your little girl is beautiful!!!
    lol merry sherie - glad youve been getting some rain.. Ashas been a bit better today but she is still quite spewy mostly they are "happy spews" lol i dnt worry about it unless she is unsettled she does have reflux but sometimes she is just spewy...
    agnes - she dosnt mind the sleeping bag its called a grow bag u know the one where their arms arent inside they stick out? shes happy as long as her arms are free lol.. she tends to kick of her blankets some time but i think its just restlesness most of the time..
    hello anyone i missed.. i am getting nervous about ww wednesday not doing so well this week
    dp starts a new job tmw at the airport... hes doing avo shift/night shift so he will start at 5 and finish at 1... its gonna be hard because he will be gone at aresenic hour... shes been better lately at this time, just wingy rather than screamy but still i am not sure how i will get used to managing on my own now ive had him here so long... he always stays up so i can get some sleep but he will be at work eeekk i can see me getting lazy and just bringing her in bed with me and the whole cot thing will go out the window
    Last edited by *noni*e*; November 5th, 2007 at 07:29 PM.

Good luck to Noni's DP for his new job tmrw! Noni it might take a couple of days to get used to not having him there but you're doing all the right things and I'm sure you'll do really well. xx

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast