Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #6

Default Babies Born September 2007 #6

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady -
    [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

Hi everyone! I have been so busy the last few days. I have caught up on the last thread though.

All is well here. Alister has really bad skin ATM though, not helped by it coming out really hot and muggy the last two days. I have been lathering his face (which is the worst) in Lucas Papaw ointment and his skin is dry again within an hr or so, but it is improving. Plus he has cradlecap too which I am also tackling. We had his 6wk check up on Wednesday and our Dr said it looks like excema, but I think it is just milkrash combined with the heat making it look like excema. he passed his check up with flying colours and he has finally cracked the 6kg mark LOL - Dr Jeri was very impressed. I have to make an appointment this week for his needles too It never gets easier to watch them have them.

And I am just loving the new car too! It drives so smoothly and it's great - would recommend it to anyone.

Sherie - A midwife stopped us at the markets last wk and told us Maddie's milk pimples are actually excema. She said to use castor oil & zinc cream on it - but so far theres no improvement.

Renee - I love dancing with Maddie too, we've often had a dance around to Britney's new song when it comes on video hits!! DP must think i'm nuts! I had an overtired Maddie last night as well, i spent an hr rocking her in the bassinet & kept looking in to find her wide awake hehe. Finally she slept through to 6.30, she's the best.

To all those trying to lose weight, start going for walks. My friend came over at 7.30 this morning, determined to get me motivated and back into exercising as she saw something on a current affair about loading your pram up slowly with books etc. So i'm trying that, with her help. I know alot of you are going to kill me for saying this, but believe it or not im back down to my pre pregnancy weight, its now just a matter of toning up getting my fitness back!!!!

Has Queenie had the bub yet??

Marydean - Good point about meningococcal.

Signs of meningococcal infection in babies and young children
    The child will appear to be unwell.

Fever
    Cold hands and feet despite having a fever
    Refusing feeds
    Fretfulness
    Vomiting
    Being difficult to wake
    Rash of reddish purple spots or bruises
    High-pitched or moaning cry
    Pale or blotchy skin
    In the early hours of meningococcal disease, a child might not have all of these symptoms.

sherie - the dr actually told us he though Ashas rashes were a combination of a rash common to newborns called milli (which i am assuming is what ur calling milk rash, small white looking pimply things) and her scratching it and heat rash.. it looked like excema but since the weather has gotton cooler its looking better so just have to wait and see...
    haley - i am at my pre pregnancy weight too but i was not the thinnest person ever lol as well as that i have kinda changed shape now thats why i am doing ww i tryu and get out for a walk as much as i can but the weathers been either really hot or raining over here...

Noni - I know what you mean about your body changing shape, everything seems to have gone droopy and when I stand front on in the mirror I am sure that am I wider. Having happy & healthy babies make it all worth it right!?

When I had Lindsay I went back to pre-pg weight, but my hips stayed a bit wider than what they were before. It wasn't something I noticed a lot, but there were a few dresses I had that fitted differently. I try to walk, but its hard to be able to go for as long as I need to because I just find it hard to have an hr spare kwim? Im thinking about buying a treadmill so I can go whenever I have a spare moment.

Noni, that's what it is, just the milk rash/millia and it's left his skin on his face really dry. I've never heard it referred to as excema though, but I suppose it is excema of sorts.

yeah i am deffinately wider and droopy lol but yes all worth it!!!

Hello everyone,

Renee I hope you have a great night tonight. I would love to go out dancing. I too dance around the lounge room, Dh thinks I am a nut, I tell him its a girl thing and he wouldnt understand.

Marydean I hadnt heard of torticollis, good to know it isnt to serious though. Good thinking about the meningococcal I have a magnet on my fridge telling me what to look out for.

Noni that is a very funny story about your littl efriend lifting up ladies skirts, I wouldnt be surprised if Logan does things like that when he is older lol.

Jazmum good luck with the girls needles.

Sherie, great to hear Alister is doing well. I hope the paw paw works for you, are you using it on his head too?

Hayley Dh and I try to go for a walk every arfternoon. I love walking. I am going to try and go for a walk in the mornings too.

I fed Logan at about 5pm yesterday he went to sleep at 8pm and didnt wake up until 5am. I couldnt beleive it. I went out to do some shopping today and DH called a few hours later asking me to come home as "Logan was screaming the house down" lol. I came home and he had stopped crying I picked him and he cracked the biggest smiles, poor DH.

Well I am using the shields again the last few days. The crack is huge. I bought some formula today as I really want to give the crack a couple of days to heal so I am just going to top him up with the formula.I am trying to hand express but it just isnt working. I am going to make an appt to see an LC to check attachment etc. I started bleeding again today, I think it is AF as I used to be very irregular before going on the pill. Looks like I may have to go back on the pill, I do not want to bleed every couple of weeks. I was actually looking forward to a few more months of no AF, guess I am one of the unlucky ones.

Ok thats enough complaining lol. I have just baked a cake as I organised a catch up with our antenatal class for tomorrow. I am looking forward to it, cant wait to meet everyones babies.
    Last edited by Ozstar; November 4th, 2007 at 06:15 AM.

****NEWS FLASH********NEWS FLASH********NEWS FLASH****

Congratulations to Queenie and DH on the happy arrival of Sasha Annabel, born at noon, today (3rd of November), weighing 3.14kg!

Her text says it was "turbocharged", going from 3-4 cm to born in 1.5 hours and on tens and gas only! Fantastic work Queenie, and I'm sure all the September girls will be just as thrilled as I am for you!
    Last edited by AnyDream; November 3rd, 2007 at 09:53 PM.

Yay Congratulations Queenie.

What fantastic news. Well done!

Oh how exciting, congrats Queenie!!! Tens & gas only, wow excellent work! Beautiful name.

Hi all, sorry for MIA. Cant believe I missed the whole thread!
    Have been fighting this mastitis thing and went to the dr every week (now on 3rd round of antibiotics). Had a fever last week (I think it was around 40degrees), lumps cleared up a bit, but the pain and red streaks are still there. Really wish it will go away soon so I can really enjoy this BF experience with William. Really love feeding him and being close to him

Do you notice that at the start of the feed, your baby will have clenched fist but gradually open their fingers as they get more comfortable? And at the end of the feed, all ten fingers will be wide opened … I just love seeing this process looks so cute when he opens all his fingers and looks so content

Went to the mall yesterday and today, W was so happy. I think he loves being around people. All the noise seems to comfort him. But I am still having trouble getting him to sleep in his stroller.
    He is such a curious baby, hardly ever sleep during the day (can anyone tell me is this normal for a newborn?) always looking around, focusing on things, cooing and starting conversation. I enjoy all the conversation with him, just don’t want him to be too tired though.

Btw Target has a 15% storewide sale and 20% off nursery, if anyone’s interested!

Tried my hug a bub the other day, felt so good to be able to hold him and do some chores at the same time. My house is a mess atm! Hoping it's not too hot wearing HAB in summer

Sherie, W also has milk pimples … starting from the face and spreading all over his body Starting to clear up but it looks worse and red when the weather is hot. Hope it’s not excema though, since I have that. Is papaw really good, I tried to use that a while ago, but find it a bit wet/sticky?
    Good luck with the needles! Our appt is 2 weeks away, dreading that day …
    And congrats on the new car! We also need a new one but haven’t had the chance to look for it. It’s really hard to just depend on one car while DH needs it for work, esp. atm since I have to go to the dr quite frequently.

Hayley, love dancing with W too! Sleeping through the night, wow that’s great! Btw I saw that current affair thing, I think the lady lost 20+ kg just by walking her daughter in pram everyday.
    Glad you’re back on your pre-preg weight. I gained 10kg during pregnancy, still have some left … but not rushing into loosing it atm (but hoping to tone the body up LOL). From what I’ve heard, you need some additional fat if BF

Noni, same situation … everytime I wanted to go for a walk, it’s either raining or too hot

Ozstar, glad Logan also sleeping through the night  oh I envy you guys Hope the crack heals soon. Enjoy the catch up

Marydean, love seeing E&H photos, they are so gorgeous. You must be really proud! Might need to try the yelling thing so W will only wake up once  How’s E btw, really hope she is okay

Big big hugs to Queenie! Huge congrats on the safe arrival of Sasha. Love the name! And what a quick labour

Leanne, hope the boys slept well after the T&T shock. Btw, do they look alike? I always love seeing twins, they’re so cute!

Jazmum, hope the urine result is good. Did you wait a long time for the wee? It’s just sometimes when we’re waiting it feels like ages, but if we’re not waiting they’ll wee on you all the time.

Pregpan, good to hear that Noah is doing so well. I hear you on the ILs thing, my ILs will come from overseas next month …

Renee, cant believe you’re back to work already … thumbs up! Mine still few months away but I don’t know how will I cope with all the things, esp if I come back full time. Will I have the heart to leave him. How’s the dance btw

Better get some sleep now, Happy Sunday everyone!

hello everyone
    grr everytime i go to bed with a clean house i wake up with a messy one!!!! men!!!
    dnt have much time and am 1 hand typing too lol..
    big congrats to queenie and dh on the safe arrival of Sasha

I just knew Queenie would be a vaginal birthing Queen LMAO! I am busting to hear all about this turbocharged birth - trust Queenie to do it like that

Agnes, you poor love - I really hope you can fight off this mastitis for good soon. It really would be putting a damper on the whole feeding experience. I have been using the papaw cream on his face, but if I just put a smear of it on my finger, it rubs in quite well. I lathered his hed up with it last night to do the cradlecap though and it is hard to wash it off completely. I had a look in target the other day but ours is only target country so it doesn't have a lot of stuff.

Katie, your poor thing, I hope you can get your boobies sorted out too. The formula wont affect your supply at all over the few days you use it, but you really need to do something to give your nipple a chance to heal properly. Maybe after a day you will be able to express milk too. I hope your meet up today goes well. And well done Logan on the big sleep.

Hi All,

Well DH and Xavier have went for a drive and Jordy and Olivia are sleeping so I have some mumma time. Well it seems they have finally gotten over the Trick or Treaters yipppeee. MD thats a good Idea of playing dressups with masks I will definatly try that.

Agnes- No my boys are Fraternal (sorry about spelling) I had 2 Embroys put in and they both took.
    Oh no mumma time has ended. Olivia is crying. better go talk to you all soon.

Oh congrat to queenie and dh on the birth of DD

CONGRATULATIONS QUEENIE & DH ON THE BIRTH OF YOUR LITTLE PRINCESS SASHA!!!
    What a speedy labour!

I had a good time last night but now I remember why I dont drink :ms:

Renee, it's probably for the exact same reason why I gave up drinking years ago - kids and hangovers do NOT mix well LMAO. I hope the little man inside your head with his hammer goes away soon

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast