... 6789

thread: Babies Born September 2007 #6

Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara

Hi everyone!

Queenie my love, that was just beautiful. I know what it's like to dilate so fast and is sure is intense isnt' it? I much prefer a slower dilation LOL. I am so happy that it all went so well for you - I know you were getting anxious about it all. I can't wait to see a pic off the wee Miss S too.

Katie, thanks so much hun, it's nice to know that I can help a little bit. I hope you can get your supply up again, but you have done so well already that I know it wont be long.

By golly there was a lot of chatter going on here yesterday, I can't keep up LOL.

Had a busy day yesterday, firstly Master A's 6-8wk clinic check up, which he passed with flying colours. I had a look in Lindsay's blue book when I got home and at 7wks he is the exact same size as Lindsay was at 8wks - I forgot how just how big Lindsay was. Then I had to go to West Wyalong (the clinic is in a small town which is closer to me, but doesn't have many shops) for haircuts, groceries and pick the kids up from school/preschool. It was 5.30 before we got home again.

I got a fair bit cut off my hair too - it is really thick at the best of times but ATM it is just way too thick and needed thinning out as I haven't started to lose any of the hair I held on to during pg. I als haven't got AF back yet - I had it back by now with the others. I don't think I am pg - we have been very careful as Dh and I only have to look at one another and we get pg LOL and we don't want to use the 5th seat in the car either

Baby clothes - Master A has been fully in 00 for a while and there is one suit that is 0, but I think it has the wrong tag on it as it is quite small. It is so hard when there doesn't appear to be a 'standard' size for kids clothes - all the bonds stuff is quite small and others are huge! Pumpkin Patch I have found to be really good in sizing. I also hate that some of the waist bands on pants are way too big - I love these adjustable waistbands.

Smiling - Master A will smile but by god he makes you work hard to get one LOL. It is getting easier though and he has this one spot where I tickle him and if he is in the mood he will giggle away but if not he cracks it with me. I have been doing more tummy time with him and the little monkey brings his legs up under him and tries to push off, but his head is always on the floor so he doesn't go anywhere LOL.

His skin is still shocking and I just don't know what to do ATM. The papaw cream was working, but now his skin is really flaky, like dandruff on his face almost, his back and arms are getting dry now too. I brought some Amolin washing liquid for his clothes so I will see if that is contributing to it or not.

Aug 2006
    On the other side of this screen!!!

Just a quick one, am out to ABA this morning (first meeting with a real baby!) but just wanted to say, Queenie, you have made my day! I'm so delighted to hear all about it - I'm sure the lactation will settle down over the next few days and remember it's normal to feel emotional and hormonal in the early days! Take care, I look forward to hearing from you again next time you feel up to it! xxxx

Cally, i haven't been as far at the Canb Cntr yet, sorry don't know. At Woden though, there is a set of lifts thru to the back door of the bottom car park, if you park down there and go up the lift and turn a hard left you will see the Harvey Norman lounges and the parent room is just there. From the top level, if you look for Wendy's (opp or near Dusk) then go down that corridor you will find the same room. I think they also have change facilities near the toilets just outside Angus&Robertson at the eatery end too but not 100% sure. HTH

Oct 2006

hello hello just quickly i made a ticker hehenot sure if its the right date coz i am not sure when it turns over coz shes 1mth 2wks 1day today so we will see hehe check out the pic though v cute!!!

Jan 2007
    Adelaide

hi everyone

and congrats to Queenie on the birth of your gorgeous daughter Sasha. I'm so happy for you!

i've been so busy this week its not funny.

T is going ok, think she is going thru an unsettled period of not being able to put herself to sleep. she was doing so well, oh well, its just a bit of nurturing to sleep and then carefully placing her in her pram or cot to sleep.

its my b/day tomorrow yay! happy birthday to noni for sunday. hope U have a great day with lots of treats. don't forget to get your free boost juice!

had 1st mother's club yest. it went well, everyone is really nice, next wk we are doing baby massage, so i got some oil yesterday. should be fun.

T was 6 wks yesterday and weighing just over 5kg. still has milk pimples and likes to collect fluff in between her fingers and toes of her clammy hands and feet. nice!

we both went shopping together yesterday - she helped me choose out some shoes and a dress. awwww.

Dec 2005

I bet she loved helping her Mummy choose clothes - you might have a fashionista in the making And don't you just love the clammy hands and feet? It's so gross what accumulates in there over the day. I'm glad you like your Mums group, the massage sounds like fun. And a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you too if you don't get back online tomorrow!

And a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Gracie for yesterday!

I have finally gotten Master A to have a snooze. He was just fussing and not settling into a proper sleep. Fingers crossed the girls don't do something to wake him up.

Noni, that's a cute ticker - she is too cute cuddling that toy. The OS ones never tick over when they should - Alister was 7wks old on Tuesday.

Marydean, I hope the ABA meeting went well with your 'real baby' LOL.

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Apr 2006
    Winter is coming

Noni, you have inspired me to get a ticker (if I can figure it out)

ETA Yay, I did it.

Sherie, Will gets a rub down with Johnsons baby bedtime lavender oil every night after his bath. He hasn't had any flaky skin - yesterday I noticed some yellowy scabby things on his head which I guessed were the start of cradle cap but DH put the oil on his head last night and it is barely noticeable today. I don't know what is in it but it seems to work for us.

I am so glad I got a capsule. I have a set of wheels that it sits on so I can leave him in it when we go into shops, and now we have been home for 30 minutes and he is still asleep in it. He only woke up once in Bunnings for a feed - a helpful guy there showed us the kids area so I could have a seat to feed him.
    Last edited by Artechim; November 8th, 2007 at 10:24 AM.

Dec 2005

Awwww, you've got a cute ticker too Arte - William looks like such a little boy doesn't he?

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2007

a quick one from me...
    Queenie - gorgeous gorgeous story was a delight to read... I hear you on the pain if a quick dilation too!!! but so glad you did get the birth you wanted. I hope you are doing well with S.
    Cally - I havent been to woden since having Noah but I do go to the Canberra Centre a bit - I usually use the Myer Parents room which is right near the kids clothing - top floor near manchester. Also I use the myer lifts to get up and down with the pram they are on the left hand side if you enter Myer from within the centre. I think the centre itself also has a mothers room but I havent used it, the myer one is usually quiet so i like it. have fun!!
    Love the tickers girls...

HAPPY BDAY gracie for yest - sorry I missed it.
    And to Supa for tomorrow in case I dont come back on...

XXX

Feb 2007

Oh Arte William is adorable.

Noni that pic of Asha is your ticker is just to cute.

Supa your and T will have so much fun shopping as she gets older. Its good that your teaching her early lol.

Sherie Logan has taken a while to nod off this morning too, must be something n the air. My hair hasnt started to fall out yet either but I have pretty fine hair so its not bothering me.

MD how did your ABA meeting go?

I am feeling great today. Gave Logan a feed at 9pm last night and expressed a little. Gave him a bottle at 2.30am and then was leaking at 7.30 so he has had 2 breastfeeds and no bottle today. He has taken both sides for 15 min at each feed too. I am really concerntrating on the attchment and spent last night looking at websites and getting little tips. It has hardly hurt at all this morning even on the side with the crack. So woo hoo.

Dec 2005

Katie that's just wonderful that it isn't hurting much to BF. Keep it up - you are going great!

Pregpan, Myer do a good job with their parents rooms don't they? I always prefer to use those ones if I can

Aug 2006

Thanks for the shopping intel, Pregpan, I will have to venture forth soon!

Sherie, wanted to say earlier how I loved hearing about you tickling A and how he cracks it if he's not in the mood. Awww - so cute!!

Noni, nice ticker there!

Arte, my hairdresser swears by rubbing a bit of the pink J&J baby lotion on bub's head to keep cradle cap away, will have to try it as E is getting a little bit. I didn't know they had a parents area at Bunnings, I always plop myself down in the middle of the outdoor furniture patch and feed E there! LOL The staff don't mind and all smile as they go past!

SupaB - glad you are enjoying your mums classes, I'm starting mine next week, can't wait...I think Pregpan is starting hers soon too!

Oct 2006

lol sherie that link in ur sig is very appropriate tee hee... n i actually wrote Ashas bday as 2 days earlier just to get it close to right lol
    well this morning has been awful for poor Asha the reflux was really getting her down.. i could hear lots of gurgling and stuff coming up and she was just sscreaming in pain so i ended up giving in and buying infant gaviscon... i didn't want to give it to her but i dnt want her in pain either... i decided to mix it up and give it to her via syringe instead of in her bottle because if she ends up disliking it i dnt want her to associate it with her bottle... well we gave her 3mls (as much as the syringe holds) and she didn't seem to mind so much and then she had half a feed (the leftover from the one she only half drank because of the reflux pain) and atm she is sitting comfortably in her pillow on the lounge so seems to be working... i am sure she will probably need more than 3mls but hopefully it wont be all the time see how it goes i suppose...
    Last edited by *noni*e*; November 8th, 2007 at 12:27 PM.

Aug 2006

Noni I hope you get a good result with the Gaviscon, will you try adding it to formula (non-thickened) or not - prolly much easier to give it that way and I can't imagine it would change the taste very much.

Oct 2006

idk md it smells so bad lol.. i didnt have alot of trouble getting it in with syringe so i'll keep going with that for now... plus it makes it easier to give her some then if thats not enough a little more.. getting the lowest dose possible... i have another thread going but when it was working for you were you giving it before every feed?

Aug 2006

Packet says after a feed for BFed babies - however we sometimes had a little top up feed after giving the Gaviscon. When she'd still drink it that is. I didn't notice the smell - does it react with the formula?

Jun 2007
    Dandenong Ranges, Melbourne.

Hello everyone!
    What are these bumbos you all go on about???i think I’m out of the loop!

md- lmao about sending your dh to the vet. Wish I could send mine too so I didn’t have to worry about the mini pill but we’ve only just started our family. Dp didn’t seem too keen when I mentioned he’s gonna have to get the chop in a few years. Men are such chicken sh*ts aren’t they? After everything our bodies go through I reckon it’s the least they can do!
    I reckon you’re right about Natalie and matt going to the opera house. I think matt will win!

Arte- please don’t tell me I have to cut out sugar!! I am loving Cadbury breakaway chocolate right now!

Katie- I agree that md and sherie are very wise. I don’t know what I would have done without them so far. I always feel bad when I go to the maternal health nurse as I never have any questions to ask her as I’ve already asked sherie or md!

Agnes- I didn’t put any money on purple moon in the end, probably should have!!! I went shopping today with my yoda suit on again- I really wish I’d gotten a different colour! Oh well,

Noni- love your ticker mate! Lewis is already in a size 0 in bonds stuff. You’re lucky you’re getting lots of wear out of your clothes. Your birthday is the same as dp’s brother.

Hayley- I had stitches too and was scared of dtd but we used some lube (sorry tmi!) and it was fine. Was very enjoyable actually lol! You’re right it sux that mortgage rates went up. I hate it! Our mortgage is 250k so I’m not sure how much extra it will mean for us but it’s never good is it?

Queenie- your birth sounds awesome. Well done girl! I know what you mean about bonding you and dh. We are closer than ever now. It’s really beautiful. Can’t wait to see pics of sasha. With the boobs thing- mine were huge and so sore I couldn’t sleep. I wore ice packs to bed every night and couldn’t wear a bra. I looked like Pamela Anderson! But I promise it does get better. Mine are fine now, it’s just bad for a few days.

Cally- good work on baking cookies- I want some now!

Sherie- I agree with you about pumpkin patch stuff. I know it’s expensive but I reckon it’s worth it. Their clothes seem to fit so well and wash well and look good. I went there today actually and bought heaps of stuff. Can’t help myself! I thought of you when I was watching farmer wants a wife last night!

Supablondie- happy birthday for tomorrow! Another scorpio hey? There’s a few of us with very close birhdays in here. Spooky!

Well I took lewis to health nurse this morning and he is 5.26kg and 59cm long. He’s a big big boy! He was off the chart for length. I had to go shopping as he has grown out of so many clothes. I went to big W (cheap wondersuits- he’s in a size 0 now), pumpkin patch (so cute) and cotton on kids. Spent way too much, oh well!
    I’ve gone up to the boys infant nappies now and they are a much better fit than newborns.
    Dp didn’t get me a birthday present, but said I can spend a few hours up at the day spa retreat up the road from us getting facial/massage etc. so I’m looking forward to that. Jessica alba went there when she was in melb for the logies so it’s supposed to be very nice!!
    I bought myself a life membership to bb as my birthday present to myself! I figured I deserve something and bb has helped me out so much over the last few months.
    Hope everyone’s having a lovely day.

Oct 2006

not sure md havnt put it in the formula i just really worry about messing with her formula coz i w orry she'll end up refusing to drink it.. did u give it after every feed?

Dec 2005

Gracie, I have spent a small fortune on stuff from PP over the years, but the amount of use the girls get out of it is just ridiculous - Paige is wearing all of Erin's things from PP and it is still in good nick - some of the clothes I brought for *good* I have passed on to my sister for her little girl. Lindsay has heaps of shirts that he has been wearing for nearly 2 summers (I brought them a bit bigger to start with). Plus their socks are excellent - it takes ages for the socks to wear out. So I have definately got my money's worth. I envy your day spa trip too.

Marydean, I will have to check out Bunnings next time I'm there - I had no idea they did parents rooms.

... 6789