Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #8

Oh my goodness you ladies have been busy in here! Had to do a quick skim read through everyones posts, sorry.

Hayley - Oh no dont encourage me with the online shopping! Hehe. That is so funny about the baby monitor! Dream feeding has been working well for me as well, definately give it a go.

Queenie - That was me talking about clicky hips. When I was in the hospital they thought Maddie had a clicky hip, but gave her the all clear. Then I took her to the Doc last week and he picked up on it again, so we are off for an ultrasound this Wed to have a look. Hopefully its nothing too serious. Bit of a bummer, but like you said it is better if they sort these things before they start walking. I'm a bit nervous about it all though.

Katie - Wow Logan definately gave you a good nights sleep. Lets hope it lasts! I pick Maddie up under her arms too.

Fianne - Oh driving is a nightmare isnt it. Sometimes Maddie will be calm, but most of the time she screams alot. Its funny because when we stop at the lights she really starts screaming, but when we are driving she is fine. Its to the point where I'm approaching green lights praying for them to stay green!! It's horrible to let them scream, but what can you do besides pull over every 5 mins?

Arte - The 0-5 markets sound excellent. Wish they had something like that here in Perth...as if we are so far behind! I've been trying tummy time too and it isnt Maddies favourite thing. She seems to head butt the ground alot too and doesnt seem very strong in the neck area, maybe I will ask the CHW this wed at mums group about that.

Jaz - Postage is a bummer when it comes to buying online. Sometimes I find that by the time you add the postage on, its exactly the same price as the item would be at the local shops! May as well just get in the car and you can have what you want that day. Still addicted to online shopping though!

Sherie - Hope Lindsay gets over the bug soon. Poor thing. Glad to hear Alisters skin is getting better. I went shopping on Sat at a shop called funky kids and they had a cute pillow that said Alister on it - immediately thought of you!

Gracie - Oh no cant believe you missed the wedding! Thats a shame about the FP swing, hope you kept the receipt. What a let down though, bet you were all excited to use it that day. Hey i need one of those miracle swim suits too! Oh and your av is great!

Noni - I worry about the pill as well. I've got a script from the doc for loette, but havent gone to get it yet. Really dont want to use the pill. I dont have a choice though really because condoms arent fun and I dont want another baby for awhile now.

On the topic of AF, I had my first last week. What a shock to the system, I had 9 months of bliss! Bummer.

Is anyone else too scared to dtd? I'm still freaking out, I told the Doc last week and I think he thought I was a bit of a weirdo!

Quick Question: Maddie sleeps alot during the day and sleeps through most nights, do you think I should be worried about that? How much sleep are they meant to have at this age? She just seems constantly tired lately.

Had my eyebrows waxed today, needed it, they were starting to look like caterpillars. I also bought some hair dye, because I'm feeling like a real feral lately!

haley - dnt worry about the sleeping as long as she is still feeding and there is no temp she is probably just having a growth spurt... ikwym about condoms neither dp or i like using them but what else is there? and if i dnt do something we could end up pregnant again and i am not ready for that!!! i am really scared about getting preg again because dp and i are anti abortion (but dnt look down on anyone who isnt just our personal feelings) but i am in no way ready for another baby i'm not saying i dnt love Asha i wouldnt change things and she was planned and everything we just couldnt handle two for a while!!!
    oh and dtd deff freaking out!!! dp keeps hinting but i am brushing him off i feel so mean but i am scared its like the big v all over again haha

ooohh jaxmum- that's such a good idea. will definitely do it tonight, thanks

hayley- i've gotta go get my eyebrows waxed. they're so bad!! and i'm going to hairdressers next week- can't wait. don't be scared to dtd honey. you'll be fine. we've only done it twice since the birth but it was painfree and fine for me. i wouldn't worry about maddie sleeping too much- some days it seems like lewis sleeps for hours. i try to make the most of it! lol

noni, i feel the same about aircon use. don't want my power bill to go over the roof but at the same time, my sanity and max's comfort comes first i guess. i do try the open doors/windows trick first but when there's no breeze, there's no breeze.
    and the quick showers.......same here...well, i can only shower when dp's home. but stil quick ones. and where i used to wash my hair every 2nd day, i have gone for longer periods of unwashed hair w/c wouldn't hav happened in the past.

Noni - I think you may be right about the growth spurt. Just got a bit worried because the past few days she hasnt been as playful during the day. She has been waking for feeds and drifts off while I've been feeding her, whereas most of last week I would feed her and she'd be wide awake and ready to play! Thanks for the reassurance. Dtd...so true, it is like losing your virginity all over again isnt it! DP is understanding but I dont think it'll last much longer, its been about 7 months now!!! Is that bad!?

Gracie - Thanks, i'll take your advice and make the most of it.

i just heard someone i went to school with had a stillborn baby girl... hug your bubbies extra tight ladies we are very lucky...

Oh Noni thats awful. My prayers are with her, I dont even want to imagine what she is going through.

On DTD the first time DH and I did it was after my 6 week check up. It was painful at first but was fine by the end, dont know if it was just because it had been 6 weeks but it was far better then I remebered lmao. Dont be scared just take it slow and use plenty of lube.

Hayley ~ We went for about 6 mths without DTD we tried and tried but it just didn't WORK through most of my PG and then had to wait for me to recover from C-sec, i tell you though if i had of pushed Scarlet through my VuhJayJay there wouldn't be ANYTHING going in there for like a year! Ouchies!

Noni ~ That's so sad I can't even imagine.

Re: the pill ~ I take Yasmin usually, I like it cause it's the only contraceptive pill that can actually help with weight loss instead of the other one's that make you put on an extra 5kg's - I always lose 5kg's when i start taking Yasmin which is awesome cause then i'll be back to my pre preg weight - My GP is a legend, she gave me 12 months worth so i don't even have to buy it - Last time i bought it i think it was like $79 for 3 months worth.

Oh Noni how horrible. Stillbirth is the worst, I dont know what I'd do if it happened to me. Thank you god for our beautiful healthy babies, we are SO lucky!

Hayley - During pregnancy (especially towards the end) it was just too hard, I couldnt even get close to DP my stomach was huuuuge. So we just gave up hehe! Someone told me Yasmin is good, I think I might ask the Doc if I can change to Yasmin. Wish it wasnt so expensive though.

Couldnt sleep tonight, way too hot! Itíll be another 37deg day today and weíll have a mumís group to go too plus Williamís first needles. Hope heíll be okay Ö
    At home we only have a portable air-con so we can only use it in one room and itís not as cold as the normal ones

Fianne, sometimes itís hard to settle W in the car when I am driving alone and there is traffic! If DH driving and I am sitting behind heíll be okay. I was told to play a cd that he loves, so far Iím still searching for that cd LOL but heís quite good when we played Ďsounds for silenceí the other day

Katie, BIL is a nice guy but he and DH have such conflicting personalities. Lets say since heís here, DH & I have more fight than weíd normally have in a year altogether LOL.
    W has been crying real tears since heís 2 weeks old, but I reckon they got better in crying donít you think so? Theyíre really good in making you want to pick them up everytime hahaha

Arte, W will only settle for a couple of mins on his tummy but they say even one minute is better than nothing. Anyway I only put him on tummy when I remember LOL

Gracie, a wedding, what a real surprise! I hear you on everything taking 3 times longer. Hard enough to squeeze in a quick shower everyday and I think itís been a while since I had a proper meal. Love your avatar! Not quite sure of the amount of EBM but I hope the seminar and your dp feeding lewis goes well

Noni, really sorry to hear abt your friend. Agree that weíre very lucky indeed. I thank God for everything and cant believe how my love for W grows stronger everyday, oh no Iím getting a bit emotional here Ö

Hayley, during our last dr apt, he told us that itíll take 3-4 months for my wounds heal completely. At least I can buy some time before dtd, telling dh itís the drís orders LOL

Have been having a bad period of hayfever this week and everytime I sneeze itís like 6-7 times in a row. Poor W, I think I give him a shock sometimes especially when I sneeze while heís on the breast. Sometimes he pulled off and stopped feeding Has anyone ever tried natural remedies for hayfever? Any suggestion?

Morning Yummy Mummy's

The dreamfeed worked! Scarlet slept all the way through from 8pm until 8am... not that it mattered i had about 2hrs sleep all last night ~ The couple next door had a massive fight, they went on and on and on screaming at each other and arguing they started at like 9pm and just kept going! - She even pushed her boyfriend off the balcony - They have a 5mth old bub and he was screaming his head off, poor little fella ~ They've only just stopped. THANK GOD ! I was getting ready to go and push them both off thier balcony.
    I never thought i'd be glad that when Shannon and i aren't getting along we just don't speak for a day or two.

..anyway..

Mum just informed me that we're having chrissie here for the family - took a while for me to warm to it but now i'm all excited, It'll be fun to do the whole decorating and preparing thing - putting the tree up tonight - which reminds me, does anyone have any gift ideas for 12,10 and 8 year old girls? The little ones are so easy to buy for but the big ones are getting difficult.

Hope you all had nice sleepy bubbas last night

~ Hayley xx

hello
    seems i have started leaking again??? its been about 2wks or so since i have had no milk at all not even a tiny drip but last night the boob that used to leak the most has been leaking a bit?? any ideas why that would happen???
    Asha is asleep, she usually wakes at 10 every morning but she didn't sleep that well before her 3am feed so maybe shes catching up.. as far as sleeping through the night goes she feeds at 9:30 - 10:30 then again at 2:30 - 3:30 then goes through till 10 or today its 11 and shes not up yet.. i bet as soon as i make some breaky she'll wake up and start winging lol shes good for weight loss always winging when i want to eat lol...
    lp - wow 8pm to 8am thats impressive!!! that poor little 5mth old imagine not being able to tell them to stop itd be so distressing for the little one... glad they have stopped now and u can get some peace.. good to hear scarlet can sleep through it too..
    Agnes it was sooo hot here yesterday too and i woke up at 8am breifly and it was already too hot for the blanket i am worried about what that means the day will be like..
    haley - idk what id do either.. dnt think i could survive something like that... we gave up at the end of pregnancy too (dtd) too much effort to think of ways to get around the belly lol...
    katie - hope its not just because its been so long lol ive heard lots of ppl find it better after having a babay but lots go the other way too...

Too much to talk about in here today!

Contraception - *TMI* have the minipill script but really don't want to try it - not worth taking it everyday for the few and far between occasions we DTD - not long until DH sees the Vet haha to take it like a man - we're sticking with condoms (yuck I hear you all say but the non-latex ones are much better than the other sort).

LP - did you think about ringing the police - worth it if it's escalating and sounds like it might turn to violence...at the very least it's a noise issue!!

Hayley haha ASIO could recruit you to be a suburban spy ...keeping track of terrorism with your baby monitor ! Ours beeps when the mother unit's turned off...but did you consider it might work the other way - can they hear what's coming thru your baby monitor on their phone (might be worth changing channels if you can)!

Queenie, how are you going hun?

Gracie - I want to read that one too, I've requested the library to buy a copy!

Fianne, sometimes E wakes up happy and sometimes wakes up crying. I guess we all wake up happy some times and grumpy other times or some ppl just wake up grumpy all the time!

Noni, I understand the BBs can continue producing milk for quite a while after weaning, maybe your menstrual cycle has stimulated it a bit?

Gracie don't be hard on yourself for being late for your friend's wedding, it just happens that way sometimes when you have a family. xx

Katie and Leanne, did you stock up on chocolate or timtams before your DH's left this week - I have a packet of violet crumble burning a hole in the pantry...uh oh reminds me it's DDay (dietician day) tmrw and I have been baaaaaad for about three weeks now. Feel so pudgey I have no idea if I've lost or gained or neither.

Feeling exhausted today. Finally got E's appt at the physio lined up for next week. Will ask about her clicky shoulder while I'm there too.

Typing with one hand, bub in the other!!

Noni - I had leaky boobies too a couple of wks after switching to FF. It was strange, but it stopped a couple of days later.

Hayley - Wow that is great sleeping from Scarlet! I'm suprised she didnt wake with all that fighting going on! I dont understand how they couldnt be embarrassed, surely they knew everyone could hear what was going on!? Christmas...you are brave! No it will be great fun.

Agnes - The hot weather is horrible. Have you got any of the summer grobags for Will? I got a couple for Maddie, they are pretty good, but to tell you the truth i dont know if they are worth the money you pay, as I find Maddie is equally happy covered in a light sheet. I've never had hay fever, sorry cant help there!

Off to get some more nappies today & formula. Usually buy huggies infants, but someone told me babylove and snugglers are just as good and cheaper. Has anyone used either??

Used babylove and snugglers right through with DD1 (huggies were too exxy at the time) and had no problems with them. Plus I found out that Huggies dumps all their seconds nappies straight into landfill whereas other manufacturers sell them as seconds (which can be a cheap way to get nappies those of you on a budget in Syd or Melb). I couldn't get over all that waste. Keep an eye on the BigW catalogue as you can often get the big box (snugglers) for around $25 when they're on special.

Thanks MD, I'll pop down to Big W and have a look. DP was trying to convince me to get the snugglers on Sat but I said no because I didnt know anything about them. Then he came home yesterday saying someone at work has always used babylove and says they are great.

MD - I didn't even think of them being able to hear us! LMAO They'd be constantly listening to 'HUWWO BEWTIFUL GIWL' - 'HAVE YOU GOT A YUKKY NAPPY, LET'S CHANGE YOUR YUKKY NAPPY, ooOOoOOo COLD WIPEY'S'... The moniter only has 2 channels - I'll have a go at the other one.

Yum Violet Crumble - I've been so good, no choccies since i had bub... Saving all my choccie space for xmas! haha

Hayley - I've also only ever used huggies, I keep going to buy the less expensive ones to try but i always end up putting them back. I hate that the infant size doesn't come in a big box! but i notice that snugglers have big boxes of them, way cheaper too.

Noni- Can't give you any advice on your leaking BB's but i'm right there with you on the waking up thing - I swear Scarlet has this secret ability to just 'know' when i'm about to sit down and have a coffee or a snack... or she'll sleep and sleep until i pick up the clothes basket and start heading for the clothes line.

lol Hayley isn't funny to think that they talk about nappies, formula and sleep routines at work?.. DF is an engineer and works with a bunch of very manly men but every afternoon he comes home with advice on something baby related, I can just imagine them all on thier lunch break all sweaty and dirty, drinking a beer, eating a meat pie and discussing which nappies have the cutest pattern!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast