Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #9

Nonie - Im sooo slack now that DH is on night shift haha I am coping okay, its just eating dinner by myself that gets me a down. Alot of my girlfriends have been coming around to keep me company and I walk every night. ROry's routine hasnt changed since DH started nights, although last week when Rory was really unsettled it was the week DH started nights. Maybe he picked up on my stress and change of our routine?

Oh speaking of walking, how on earth is it possible to PUT on weight when I have been walking twice a day and eating less. NOT FAIR!

i am really freaking out over this powder thing we have used it every day multiple times if she ends up sick i will never forgive myself.. i cant believe a baby product cld b so harmful...

renee- i try to walk every avo while dp is sleeping hasnt happened today though damn it be careful not to over do it with all that walking n eating less its easy to get carried away.. well it is 4 me neway!!! i get pretty down with dp on nights coz if hes not sleeping hes getting ready for work iykwim? with a regular job u get that time with them when they get hme n theres dinner n watever... ur lucky u have friends to keep u company i dnt really have any since my friend moved to melb pretty pathetic but hey... we dnt live alone though my dad or his g/f are usually here but we have separate lounge rooms n i always feel like i am intruding iykwim?

ps - i put a few recent pics in my gallery

Oh I have added a pic too. Guess who can lift his head now!!! AND I cought it on camera whoohoo

what a clever little boy!! beautiful blue eyes too...

Gorgeous photos ladies!! Noni, E is just about to go up a size, into 00s. Some of them are still a bit on the biggish size, but she is long in the body so all the bodysuits in 000 are getting a bit stretched. Time to reorganise her clothes drawers too so the summery stuff is in the top drawers. I thought of you when I was talking about the nappy bags, maybe you can get a boot built onto your pram LOL.

Renee, it must be all that muscle bulk you are putting on!! Seriously, I didn't share how squidgy my tum is, far squidgier than after my first Pg. And I have asymetrical stretchies so my tummy shape is kind of asymetrical as a result. *sigh* But I only have to look at my gorgeous girl E and it's all worth it!

Well I feel like I'm in the night shift club too since DH is away. He didn't even ring me today when I texted him about my very exciting Santa trampoline news. Oh well it will be his fault if he comes home and I've spent all the money hahaha.

BTW everyone - it's 25% off all toys at Myer right now. Pity Santa didn't know about this last week when he bought the Lamaze spinning garden gym thingo. Too busy polishing his boots and ironing his red suit I imagine...
    Last edited by AnyDream; November 29th, 2007 at 08:09 PM.

I will add to MD's nappy bag tips.

Always put your nappies in a nappy sack before putting them in your nappy bag...saves trying to find a nappy sack with a pooy nappy hanging around.

Has anyone used corn startch instead of baby powder....works wonders and is not harmful like talc.

bekz i heard about the corn flower thing but Asha gets bad heat rash and i dnt have any in the house... ofc i didn't wanna use talc anymore so i chucked it out and looked around and i found a cream i bought when i was preg.. i bought it coz it had a cute name (botty balm) lol... but i looked at the ingredients and its all nice stuff like lavender, almond oil, coa coa butter, beeswax etc so i have switched over to that... thats a good idea with the nappy sack thing too!!!
    md - i have to reorganise Ashas drawers too because theres crap every where and there are still things that dnt even fit her anymore because she has so much 0000 stuff that she was given theres some things i dnt recognize and try it on her only to have it not fit and shes getting agitated at me dressing and undressing her lol...

Morning sexy mama's ~ My little angel had me up every half hour last night, She was crying in her sleep but she didn't wake up at all... By about 4am i put her in bed with us (again, so naughty) just so i didn't have to keep getting out of bed to check if she was awake.

Has anyone checked out the new toys'r'us catalouge online?... All the FP rainforest stuff is on sale, I'm glad i waited to get Scarlet's swing and since it's a bargain she's getting a jumperoo too. We were just going to get a jolly jumper later but i think she'll feel more secure in the jumperoo.

I think i'll be joining the night shift club next week, Will find out this afternoon... O'well atleast i'll have you girls to talk to .

noni ~ Sounds like you've been having fun getting into the christmas spirit, gratz on Asha moving up to 000, Scarlet is just about to go up to 00... She really should be in them now but i'm still squeezing her into 000 because i have hardly any 00's, definately time for a clothes shopping spree.
    I freaked about the powder thing too, I had 4 really huge things of it, I threw them all out.

Renee ~ My mum reckons you put on weight when your happy, I don't agree but it's a fantastic excuse *lol*
    That pic of Rory is sooo cute!

MD ~ Time for some re-organising here too, How long is your DH away for? - I hope he's back for xmas.

I added a few more photo's of Scarlet too... Gotta run, going to try and beat the crowd to the shopping centre to get some more chrissy decorations

Must be the week for nightshift - DH went back to work last night after his holidays LOL. Ah well 1 down 3 to go.

I have been reading, but just being very slack and not posting *smacks hand*. Developmentally Alister isn't doing anything fantastic, but just plodding along at his own pace. He doesn't really bat at toys much on his play gym but the whole thing freaks him out because as soon as I put him under it, the girls are crowding over him and just start making a heap of noise and he doesn't like it, so I don't get it out much. He can hold his head up while on his belly and can nearly roll over onto his belly from his back. He is getting more responsive to us now though and is starting to mimic what we do - like I can look at him and poke my tounge out and he will copy me or if I make a big 'O' with my mouth he will too. He's fully graduated to 00 in jumpsuits now, and some are a bit short in the crotch so they wont last long either as he is really long in the torso (same body shape to his Dad). He still wears 000 Tshirts and shorts though and there is a 00 shirt he wears sometimes.

I had my hair done on wednesday and got it all cut off and had blonde foils put through with a dark brown base colour (similar to my natural colour but richer kwim) and I am really happy with it and it's given me a real self confidence boost because at least my hair looks good now LOL.

hi everyone...sorry i've been mia!
    i've been reading but not posting. i'm cuddling lewis with one arm right now so typing with one finger...
    lp- i'm spewing fp rainforest is on sale! how much is the cradle swing? i paid $199. i found out a lady from my work had her baby the other day and named her scarlet. i got serious name envy!! it's not fair. i hate it when i hear that people i know have used 'my' baby names!!!
    we've got a big weekend with dp's brother and his girlfriend coming down from sydney. we're taking our new boat (our ebay purchase) out for her maiden voyage(sp?) on the bay. hopefully all goes well. bought lewis a little life jacket but the smallest we could find was 10-15kgs (he's 6kgs). i'm just going to keep him in the cabin area and tightly wrapped in my arms. we are looking forward to it, should be very relaxing- will probably go all the way down to sorrento if we have time. last time we did this we took our dog (on our other boat) and she stood on the deck looking down into the water. a school of about 7 dolphins came right up and were almost touching noses with her. it was so beautiful.
    hope everyone is having a lovely friday. i love fridays!

sherie- how long is alister now? i remember he looked like he was going to be quite tall- i love big strapping lads lol!
    i got my hair done on tuesday too. it was so ratty! great to get it cut and i got some layers. my hair is dark brown but i asked her to do it a red/brown...it's a bit too red atm. still getting used to it. your hair sounds nice though. i love foils on a darkish brown base. i wish lighter hair suited me but i look best dark.

Can you tell this early if a bub is a lefty? Will seems to favour his left hand for batting and grasping at his toys and it has me wondering. I asked my family if there are any southpaws and found out my father is.

I bought the fp rainforest gym but it was boring, none of the dangly things interested him and only one toy played a tune (I thought you could turn on some music) so I took it back. I was thinking of getting the jumperoo but they didn't have any in the shop.

He is starting to crack, better go entertain him

Gracie, Alister was about 66cm long at last measure - I know he *looks* really long though LOL. Lewis should be OK with the life jacket even if it is a bit big - it's better than nothing at all. I used to get the red foils too, but my hair has a red undertone so after a while my hair just seems to absorb the red ones so I just got blonde this time.

Arte, I don't know how early they start to show a preference for left or right but it gets more definate by the time they are about 5-6mths. I am hoping that Alister is a 'mollyduka' like me - the others are all right handed. Apparently only 9% of the population is left handed.

omg! i can't believe alister is 66cm! that is so long. lewis was 61cm last measure and i thought that was long!

I know! he is almost too long for his pram when he is laying down in it and his feet are right on the edge. He's had a bit of a growth spurt because the time he was measured before that, he was only 63cm. He isn't a hugely fat baby though, just long with a nice covering of fat. DH is quite lean himself and his brother is 6'4 and really lean too.

Argh Gracie, I hope it doesn't become a really popular name!

Scarlet was 65cm long at exactly 8 weeks, but she looks way longer now... She's not really that long in the torso, she just has these super long legs!

I'm starting to get worried about her progress, She was rolling over all the time a few weeks ago and now she's just stopped... She's also held her head up really well since about 4 weeks and all the CHN's and GP's i've been to have commented on it but now she seems kind of lazy and a little bit wobbly, it's strange.

The FP swing is $199 Gracie - You didn't miss out .. all the others i've seen have been $129 - $149, Where did you get yours?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast