Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #9

Default Babies Born September 2007 #9

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady -
    [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

Hi guys just popping in to say im still alive (doesnt feel like it though LOL).

Something is still up with Rory. He isnt spewing anymore but he is soooo unsettled. Losing my mind trying to figure whats up. He isnt my happy little man anymore. We are going to the drs tomorrow to get his needles so I am going to ask the dr to look him over. No doubt they will say he is fine like they always do when I go in with a problem, their fav line 'keep an eye on it' pfffft.
    Any ideas on what could be wrong ladies. All I can say is that he is unhappy and just not himself. He is only having 1/2 hr sleeps during the day and then wakes up crying and sometimes screaming. He wants to be held but only if im standing up rocking him.
    My friends mum told me to start feedintg him rusks??
    Didnt sleep last night even though Rory slept from 9:00pm to 5:30am because I was stressed out.

xoxox

Hey renee ~ Sorry to hear your not having a very good time atm, Maybe it's just a spurt? Scarlet has a few days in a row every now and then when she seems off...grizzly and clingy and then she'll have days where she just sleeps all day or is happy amusing herself and wants me to leave her alone.
    I know i'm only as experienced as you but i don't think you should give him rusks... How would he eat a rusk?? lol, That might sound stupid... maybe babies this age can eat rusks? idk lol.

Goodluck with the needles, man it sucks. baby panadol helps before they have them apparently, My GP asked if i had given bub any before hers... never occured to me to do it. Duh.

Have a fantastic weekend ladies.

~ Hayley xx

LP Whoa ROry was (is still I hope) the same too! He would go a week with sleeping most the days and nights, laughing, content and then he would go through a patch for maybe 2/3 days of being unsettled and not sleeping during the days. But when he goes back to happy Rory he sleeps for almost a day straight to catch up with his missed sleep.
    Oh I hope it passes soon whatever it is.

Oh the woman who was pushing me into doing it told me to mash it in his formula. She was so bloody pushy. I heard that you have to wait until they are 6 months

Renee, firstly hun, tell that woman to stick her rusks up her bum! Seriously the woman must be mad - if he is unsettled then the last thing you should do is give him solids and certainly not at his age. I don't know what could be up with him, but do you think he could have a tummy bug? They are pretty rampant ATM. If he is still unwell/out of sorts the Dr wont be inclined to give him his injections. Alister is still feeling the effects from the rotarix one and is unsettled and a bit spewier than normal.

I feel bad for not getting his injections yet. Is it okay to delay it a little longer? Is there anyone here who hasnt got them yet?

If he is unwell, there isn't much you can do about it. I don't think there is that big a drama in delaying them a little while though, but just keep the appointment anyway and ask your Dr about it.

Thanx for the advise Sherie xoxo Ive been so down today, I think its a combination of not sleeping last night and adjusting to Dwayne working nights. Might go for a walk to get out of the house even if Rory grizzles haha
    Last edited by reneenay; November 23rd, 2007 at 06:11 PM.

Do that, it will do you good to get outside and away from home kwim? And if he does grizzle, then it will be drowned out by the background noise I know how hard it is when they do nights, I can gurantee that if I am going to have a rough night with any of the kids it will be while DH is on nights. He is on holidays ATM and it has been so good.

Rory has been unsettled sinced Monday and guess who started nights on Monday! Maybe he is picking up on my stress??? But when I gave him baby panadol he cheered up...OH I dont know!

Oh and last night when I went to bed I noticed my belly button popped out and there is a lump under it?? I was putting together our bed setting earlier in the evening so my dad suggested it was a ernia (sp)??? I dont even know what that is.

I btw I put up a photograph of our bed setting in our gallery. I think it looks so good, I hope it helps me sleep better tonight HAH!

Hernia, You can get them from heavy lifting - Get the doc to have a look tomorrow... I don't think they're bad unless they're in your groin (?) not sure...lol.. I'm full of all this information and i don't even know what i'm talking about half the time.
    aw, can't see your bed setting.

Renee - I cancelled K's injections because DH had been sick and I was worried she had caught something (I don't think she did in the end). It's best not to have it done if you think he isn't 100%. Talk it through with the doctor beforehand. And definitely talk to the doctor about your possible hernia. I think Marydean has had one and might know more about them.

Gracie - Sorry you asked earlier if Maddies room has a theme to it, and I missed the question. It doesnt really, although we did buy one of those kids line quilt & sheet set and the curtain thing. Apart from that its just girly stuff that doesnt really match iykwim. What about Lewis' room? Hope you had a nice lunch.

Noni - She is still feeding well, so must just be the heat. The PP dress is beautiful, i've seen it before and thought I must get that dress one day.

Queenie - It does get better. Just hang in there. Bladder infection, thats a bit worrying. Take her to the doc and see what they say?

Katie - Hey what a good idea, I might request my labour notes too. Didnt even know you could.

Cally - Well done on having all your chrissy shopping done! I'm starting to stress about christmas.

Renee - Dont listen to the silly woman about her rusk idea. Theres always someone who has to push their opinions on what you should be doing! Definately get out of the house & go for a walk, its nice to get away and exercise helps with stress. I havent done our injections yet, doing them next wk. I dont think there is a major drama with not having them done on exactly 8 wks, just as long as you dont let it go too long. One thing I have been told is to trust your instincts and if you think Rory is not himself, definately have someone check him out, and if the Doc gives you that line (and I so know what you mean!) make sure you make it clear you know something is wrong and you dont need to keep an eye on him to know that! Could it be the weather?? I hope Rory is back to his normal self asap and I hope you have a nice sleep tonight.

Well we had a photo with Santa today! Dont have a scanner so i will have to take a photo of the photo later to show you all. Went to the shops today to get myself an outfit for Sat night (DP's work do) and ended up buying new outfits for Maddie instead. Mum came along with me so it was a nice day. Now what the hell am I gonna wear on Sat night!?

Oh jazmum I mentioned to my mum about your pervert incident, and she reckons you should have said "wait a sec while I get my microscope you sicko" haha! I know it was a serious incident, but had a laugh wondering what the weirdo would have thought of that!

yay the weekend again!!!!

Thanx for your help everyone Gosh its so great to have you guys to talk to!

Uploaded the photograph again as it didnt work before.

Okay im off for my walk!

dnt have long even though dp is home grrrrr dnt have long enough to even complain about it but anyway...
    renee - deffinately dnt mash rusks into his formula i'm pretty sure you shouldnt mess with formula unless its a medication that says its ok or you get a gps ok.. i knw it says on the can not to change the powder portions as it can make ur bub sick i would imagine adding rusks could make it too concentrated and give the poor little guy a tummy ache...
    haley - did she wake up for the pic lol?
    anyway better go sigh.. these cold sores are killing me i cant get rid of them and everytime i eat they split open and bleed every where as if i didn't feel frumpy enough

Renne how was your walk? You sound supa stressed at the moment, I think once Rory is in bed you should make yourself comfy on BB with a block of your fave chocolate and relax for a little while. Hopefully thr Dr can shed some light for you tomorrow.

Hayley your as bad as me, I went shopping the other week to find something to wear to the wedding next weekend and I bought outfits for Logan and nothing for myself.

It is finally raining here, it has been so muggy all day. I am so bored tonight, there is nothing on TV on Fridays.

with ya there on friday tv!!! its terrible.. Asha is sleeping in her bouncer lol she loves it so much idk what i would do without it!! went over my points today and its not even the weekend yet lol better get back on track before wednesday coz i really want a bigish number.. last weeks 1.3 has got me all excited, problem is when u have a big loss its not usual to have one the next week

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast