Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Babies born ~ March 1-15 2010 # 3

Congratulations Roxxie! I hope that your having an awesome honeymoon! xxx

Congratulations Roxxie - that is wonderful news. I hope you're enjoying your honeymoon (I've been stalking you on FB - checking out your photos, it looks like you are all having a great time!).

I am completely and utterly over teething (plus he has a cold so it's twice as bad). I said to DH last night that we are just going to have to ride it out. There are no routines, no rules, nothing in place at the moment. I just let Robert lead me and hope that we get through it. I had a flash last night of me sitting with Robert on my lap being rocked to sleep ....when he's 12. It made me laugh and I know that it won't go on forever and when the poor wee poppit just wants cuddles from mummy who am I to deny him!

I had my in-laws staying with us for a week and, can I just say, if they left last Sunday it wouldn't have been too soon ....and that's about the nicest thing I can think to say so I'll leave it at that!

No, I can't do that: They are leaving today so finally I won't have to cook, clean and entertain two extra people. Oh they were so loooooooooud!! They turn the telly up really loud so they can hear it and then they talk OVER it!! We went to the Australian War Memorial and while we were watching a show my FIL decided to talk. There was a lady next to us who kept giving the evil eye so I said to DH, if you want to chat how about you both leave. He just stared and me and I said, tell your father to shut-up! Another time I was trying to get Robert to sleep and I mean, honestly, how many times can you possibly walk past a nursery banging doors as you go (Robert's room is at the front of the house and they had their caravan out the front). Then to add insult to injury he opens up the door, shoves his head in and says (in a loud voice) I've just put the kettle on would you like a cuppa?! WTF?!!!! I'm putting the baby to bed. He also woke Robert up the other night because he was looking out the front lounge window (to check on the blasted caravan). He did say, "as soon as I heard the baby I went back to my room" (he laughs - ha-ha-ha-ha!). So I said, oh, so you wake the baby (who isn't sleeping properly) and then go back to your room to bed while I spend the next hour and half trying to get him back to sleep!!

There are about 100 more stories I could tell you but I will most likely sound like a complete cow and typical b***h of a daughter in-law!

Phew! That feels better!!

Breesa, I just realised that I didn't respond to you about returning to work! My tips are:
    • lay out yours and bubs clothes the night before
    • make up a stack of sandwiches/rolls and freeze (likewise with muffins, or cake and individually wrap)
    • accept that you are going to run late on days when you really don't want to
    • go with the flow - you can always try again tomorrow
    • make sure the kitchen is tidy and ready to go for breakfast (I usually put out our plates/bowls etc., have everything set out so I can just start breaky)
    • get bubs bag ready the night before
    • don't apologiese to your co-workers for running late. They can just deal with it! As long as your boss/HR is ok then that's all that matters.
    • cut yourself some slack. Something is going to have to give.

After dinner (and bubs is in bed) DH and I usually tidy up the kitchen; put lunches together; get clothes ready; put on the washing; give the place a cursory clean; shower; then slump on the couch before going to bed. In the mornings, the alarm goes off (and after hitting the sleep button 5 or 6 times) I get up and shower while DH puts on my porridge (I have it every morning) and preps bubs breaky. He has a shave and shower while I do my hair and get dressed then the three of us have breaky together. Of course that is an ideal day and 8 times out of 10 it doesn't go accordig to plan! When Robert wakes up before we are ready it all goes to pot and we just do what we can!

Update on the FIL......

We had a call last night:

"We are loving Cowra - would you and the family like to come out on Saturday for the day". Sounds lovely (NOT!!), but we can't do Saturday as DS1 has cadets - hmmm, maybe Sunday.

Then he says - oh good, you can bring our cheeses with you, we left them behind in the fridge!

WTF?!!!!!!!

Damn cheese?! That's all you wanted - at least extend the courtesy of being honest.

I'M NOT GOING TO COWRA AND I'M DEFINITELY NOT BRINGING YOUR CHEESE.

On Sunday, I'm sitting on my back patio and I'm having a bottle of wine and I'm going to eat all the cheese - so NER!

Cass u have in a laughing fit lol ..sorry but its really funny.. how stupid is that all they want to cheese my godgod

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Ah Cass Im laughing too about the cheese - whinge all you want.. its great therapy!

Ciaran is now saying MaMa and just started on DaDa which is exciting..each in their own time eh!

Congrats Roxxie all around!!!

Go Ciaran! Bree - I agree with Cass' tips for getting to work on time. Super organised the night before is the key. I have to leave for work at 7am so it has to run like a machine (which is impossible with two kids under the age of 3!!)

Cass - love the stories - glad I'm not the only one who feels like that!!!

Well - Sophie was 1 yesterday!!!! She had a lovely day...she only ever walks now and has decided to attempt to run after her brother (oh on!!). This is such a phase of rapid development!!! She is attempting to say more words too - bum bum is her newest one (naughty!!), along with cup, up, puppy, hello etc. She loves the "ta"game at the moment too!!

On Monday we had 6 kids over under 3 and Sophie was in the thick of it having a lovely time. She is so excited to be doing what everyone else is. She is a naughty one though!!!

She had her health check too this week - 8.6kg and 71cm in height - I think both around 15th percentile (she is little and was born that way too).

Can't believe it was 1 year ago yesterday she was born - life is crazy!!

Hey LJ. Sophie is just about the same size as Robert - he's 8.55kg and 73.5cm. Our wee little pocket rockets!!!

Like you I also can't believe how quickly the past year has gone. My little baby is 1 today!! Each day just gets better and he fills my heart with so much love that sometimes it's overwhelming. I just love every inch of him. My favourite part of the day with him is nursing him before bed and then just holding him and breathing in his sweet scent as he nods off to sleep.

Hannah is 1 tomorrow !!!!! happy birthday all the little big little bubs

Happy Birthday Robert and Hannah!!! Hope you had fantastic days.

Cass - Robert and Sophie are nearly identical in size - Soph is small but makes up for it in cheekiness!!!

You have to watch her like a hawk - no she had decided she can climb the new slide stairs and go down all by herself!!! EEEEEK!!!!

Hi guys,
    Just popping in to see what's been happening. Tobi had a lovely 1st birthday/ baby dedication on the weekend, it was so nice to be able to catch up with people. We have been crazy busy here as we are trying to start a new business. It is a franchise called Pure Protect which is a mobile hygiene service treating mould, bacteria and viruses. Food grade, very safe and environmentally friendly. It's very exciting. I am going to be the office chick whilst my DH does the applications.

Tobi is walking now, just like his other siblings he started the week before his birthday. He was weighed today and weighed at 9.8kg and 78cm which makes him a bit skinny but he had gastro last week. He is pure joy and has enriched our lives so much over the last 12 months. It changed me so much to be able to give birth to him naturally, I am a much different person since having Tobi. It empowered me to lose weight which I have always struggled with. Currently I have lost 13kgs since giving birth, I am half way to my goal and am planning to ramp it up once we get the business going. Since Christmas have only lost 1kg but at least I haven't put on. Feels great to fit into my old clothes again. Can't wait till I have to buy new ones because the old one are far too big. Don't know about you, but why is it always you BB that shrink first? I mean, mine needed to shrink but i hope I have something left when I reach my goal, lol.

Great to hear how you are all going.
    Love QB

Default okay, so we've weaned and now I just wanna ...

It's been just over two weeks since Robert self-weaned and well.... my sex-drive has gone into over-drive!!

Has anyone else experienced this? I mean, I'm not really complaining (well except for last night when DH was too tired BRAHAHAHA!!! That's a turnaround for the books!!)

Go Cass you nasty thing you! hahahhahaha

At least thats one thing I (well DH too) get to look forward to when Peppar decides to give up boo boo

My goodness ... the last time I posted in here I was talking about starting to try for a second bub ... how things have changed!

Willow turned one on March 11.
    Admitted to hospital on March 16, discharged and then readmitted on March 19 - 22 ... all for treatment for a severe gastro bug.
    We are walking, running and tantruming ...

And now DH and I are contemplating having an only child.
    Or at the very least, a much bigger break between kids then we first thought.

Willow is just so demanding of time and attention, it's hard to imagine where I would find time to spend with another bub - well, at least at this stage anyway.
    I was chatting to a friend of mine, at her son's 2nd Birthday party and she agreed that the 10-18 month age group is a really trying time.
    Willow can do so much, walk/run/grasp/lift/tackle stairs ... but there is so much she doesn't understand, like danger, height, deepth perception. So 'Helicopter Mum' has to be around at all times to check she's not going to break an arm or leg.

What is everyone's toddler like on food?
    Willow is ok with some lumpy stuff, but we struggle most days with cut up fruit - she treats the pieces like a toy (squishes them or throws them around the table). We have great success with sultanas, she will eat up to a box of them (the small, snack size boxes) but that's about it for finger food fruit. If I want her to eat more fruit it has to be mashed.

Hey ladies!

Oh I am loving still have a bit of booby time with the cheeky man still. Mainly at night but I still love it. It is nearly time to give the boob up but I am hoping it is a nice transition like Robert Cass.

Lenny has only just started to walk, today in fact! I am not worried if he doesn't fully walk for a while as I know he can do just about everything and he is a clever cookie.
    Len is also climbing stairs, lounges, everything really. Follows his big bro everywhere and learns a lot from him actually.
    Last night Lenny did the whole shape O ball by himself!! Just from watching Calin do it!

We have started learning baby sign language too. He can do milk/boobie, more and finished. It is very cute.

Food is everything, Lenny eats 24/7 really. though he is still teeny tiny and only weighs 8.8 kg. He hates mashed food except those rafferties pouches. He uses his spoon and makes a huge mess but only likes to feed himself!

This week we have 5 teeth coming through! The molar on his right side is through finally and that caused a lot of pain and no sleep for a week.
    His mouth is all lumps and bumps and the occasional bit of blood where the tooth has just cut through the gum.

Other than that he is a happy lil dude.

Thrilled, I am soooo clucky again and would love to have another bub but 2 is enough for me till the big one is in school.
    I understand how you feel. You will have another one when/if you feel the time is right.
    Oh and I am so a helicopter parent as well!

oops double post
    Last edited by Deedles; May 6th, 2011 at 12:17 AM.

Default Happy Mothers' Day

I just wanted to send out a great big HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY to all you lovely mummies!

It's still hard to believe how far we have all come since we first joined our group. From our tentative excitment at getting BFPs to having our dear little one year olds running around the house.

I don't know how I could have gotten through the past couple of years without having the support that I've gotten from our little group. It has truly been a blessing!

It's been one awesome ride and I'm glad that you were there to share it with!

YOU LADIES ROCK!!!

Same to you Cass! You guys have been an awesome support network, no way could I have gotten through the last crazy almost 2 years of this journey without you all

My new belly buddy group has nothing on you guys, lol.

Hope you are all going well. Lacie is going through a bit of a feral stage at the moment. A few months ago we had a phase of hitting/pinching which thankfully passed but it appears to be back. She can be really nasty at times, to me and our dog and cat, but never to her dad. I know she doesn't do it to be mean it's just her exploring her boundaries but man it hurts sometimes. She nearly took my eye out a couple of days ago and I still have a massive scratch down the side of my face. It's quite upsetting at times that I'm being hit by my tiny little girl, but she just doesn't get it. Telling her no results in her cracking up laughing and doing it again. We are working on it though and she is getting better slowly. It looks like she has a couple of molars moving around which could be causing her to lash out too.

Otherwise she is a beautiful, lovely little girl and I can't remember what I did before we had her. She is so awesome haha. I am still amazed that we created this little person.

Much love to you all xxx

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast