Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born ~ March 1-15 2010 # 3

Robert only woke once last night!!!!!!

LJ - how are your bubs doing??

Well done Robert!!!!! Good boy for your Mummy!

Cass - I think Soph is nearly all better know...temps finished on Friday (they lasted) and Thursday night her two bottom teeth cut through the gum...Friday she cried all day...here's hoping today is better. Last night she slept a bit better - waking at 8, 10.30, 1.30 and then 5. So somewhat of an improvement. She fed at 1.30am.

She has been refusing food - i think because her mouth is so sore - but seemed hungry so I went back to the rice cereal yesterday and she woofed it down so that may have helped her sleep a bit.

Have a great weekend.

I saw the child health nurse yesterday morning Ė who seemed very nice. Aside from under-feeding Robert heís doing very well. He weighed in at 8046g and is 68cm long. He doesnít look skinny to me and, well heís short so heís in proportion.

Well, she didnít say I was starving him but she did say to bulk up his food (add rice cereal to his veges more pasta and carbs) and that a bottle of formula isnít going to hurt Ė nor would a cup of normal milk (which is what Iíd prefer to give him). Sheís given me a booklet with some recipe ideas so I can get the calories into him during the day so he sleeps better at night. I also got some recipes off the Annabel Karmel website which actually look tasty so Iím going to try some of those.

Now I feel like a dreadful mum as I let him cry on Sunday night because heíd had dinner, 200ml of formula and a BF about an hour and half later. It took me 2 and half hours to get an hours sleep out of him and I finally relented and gave him another BF at around 1am. By 3am I was losing patience and by 5.15am I gave up and put him into bed next to me and attached him to the boob. He slept soundly and I woke up just after 6am to shut my door (Nic was making a racket in the kitchen) and then fell back to sleep and we both woke up at 7! By this time I was running late as I had to get showered and dressed and also had to get Robert all ready to go. I managed to shovel half a dozen spoonfuls of cereal into his mouth before putting him in the car (I didnít get my breakfast until I got to work at 10). He cried nearly the whole way to the clinic and fell asleep just as we were pulling into the carpark.

Oh, the CHN also said that I had to get myself some multi-vitamins (the same ones I took when I was pregnant) Ė I didnít realise that I looked so badÖ.obviously I do.
    I had my four nights of only waking once so I guess that was all I am going to get. I psych myself up for a night of wakefulness so I donít get too disappointed. Peter will be home on Friday night Ė Iíve got 3 bottles of EBM in the freezer so he can be on bottle duty on Saturday and Sunday morning so I can get a sleep in. Iíve lasted this long so I think I can get through another four nights (give me strength!!!)

I hope everyone else is doing well and that you arenít all ďstarvingĒ your babies!!

I'm sitting at my desk typing this post with a sleeping snorimg baby snuggled up on my chest (who smells like vegemite) .....I dont want to take him round to childcare yet!!!

Cass - Don't take what the CHN says too literally. From 6mths on my son was also supposedly underweight dropping from 50th percentile to 5th percentile and at two years old was off the scale. But he is healthy boy who eats like a horse and breastfed madly too. My niece only ever got to the 5th percentile and my nephew never was on the scale and CHNs told my SIL the same things. That is just my opinion. Kids will only eat what they will eat and genetics play a big part too. I was a skinny kid!!! (oh...those were the days).

Soph is 8.36kg....weighed her last week and looked up Will at the same age and he was 8.5kg roughly. Robert seems about the right weight to me...what percentile was he???

Remember those percentile charts (as my paed pointed out to me) were developed in the age of predominant formula feeding....

Further, research clearly links overweight toddlers with adult obesity and in a time of growing obesity in Australia I would think my might need to review those 1950's charts in light of new research....once again my little rant and only my opinion...

But, in essence Cass, be gentle on yourself!!

Cass, don't believe everything they say!
    Bbaies will go up and down in weights, Hannah is just 8kg and if you go by the book she is slighty under weight for the average for this age, big deal im not feeding her more, its only a gesstemet and not how much she 'has' to weight iukwim. Hannah is on baby led solids, some days she will scoff everything some days will hardly eat, she knows when she is hungry but i don't so we go byt her, let her decide when she wants to have a breast feed or solid foods.
    I do not believe that having more food will make them sleep better at night i refuse to believe that, it's just not it works.

I am still up all night every night with Moo, she hardly sleeps without waking , i look like hell, we co sleep as then i don't have to get up, i believe it will pass, i will keep going and one day she will sleep better.

Don't beat yourself up so much, u are doing a good job, u need to listen to YOU more, as you are his mum not the nurse not any DR no one else..U cant force feed him, he will eat when he is hungry, i don't think he is under weight from the weight you said, it will vary and change from month to month

ON the milk thing, i don't think you are meant to give his cow's milk till at least 12 months, he should not need any extra milk as he is breast fed,or are you planning on moving to formula instead?

NOw that's my rant and my opinion as well hahah

oh Cass forgot to sy - CHN had me in a spin with my toddler's weight so I took him to my doc and she said he was a lovely happy boy!!!! Even though he was on the 5th percentile for weight...

Robert has started scooting around furniture now..... not too long and my little man will be off and running! They grow up way too quickly!

Cass - Yay Robert....It is scary when they let go and just start walking!!!!

Hope everyone is well and that you all have a very merry xmas!

I am really looking forward to xmas day this year as my 2.5year old really gets it this year!!! Going to be so exciting!!

Soph is cruising the furniture too! And gets from one piece of furniture to another...so can stand without holding on for only a couple of seconds...She is so busy she forgets to hold on sometimes! She finally can feed herself effectively in her highchair so the food battle is over...the pincer grip is finally working properly!! Yay! She loves macaroni cheese!!!!

Her two bottom teeth are well and truly through now. Thank goodness!

We are off on a quick holiday break and really looking forward to taking Soph swimming as she hasn't been before....take my toddler and still have to swim with him...her turn will come!!!

She is still sleeping terribly!!! That's life!! Not much I can do....

Separation anxiety has well and truly kicked in here too....my easy going little girl just won't let go and the minute and flatly refuses to go to anyone but Daddy. Fingers crossed it's quick....my son's phase went for around 9 mths!!!!

I know DD has been doing that scooting thing for a while and now she is also standing there by herself and just standing up and not holding on to anything ..When she realises she is just standing there she giggles so much hehehe, no steps yet though

Is anyones bubs saying any words yet? Hannah says mum , dad, up, get down and neng LOL I am classing that as a word coz its so cute when she says it lol

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! Ours was wonderful, was so nice to have Lacie to enjoy it with.

Still no teeth here yet, lots of bugs thanks to childcare and many unsettled nights but like a lot of you we are co-sleeping our way through it all.

She is loving her solids, using her fist to shovel handfuls in at a time, only a small amount goes in and the rest goes over her face. She's such an independent little monkey though and gets very upset if you try to help her out. Our CHN said at the last checkup that her legs are uneven and she shouldnt' be crawling as her hips must be out of alignment, but as she is crawling and standing I think the nurse was just looking from a wonky angle lol. She's not uneven at all, I think sometimes they are so busy and have so many appointments to get through that they don't really have the time to do a proper check up.

Hope everyone is going well and enjoying the holidays x

Hannah just took her first step !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shell1 View Post
    Hannah just took her first step !!!!
    Well done Hannah!!!!

I just read on FB that a certain little girl is going to be a big sister in July! Am I a touch clucky????? Yup!!

My SIL was told by her OB that she would have to have a c-section because of her age. She's 40. First baby, no health issues for her and baby looks perfect at 16 week scan. They got pg via icsi ivf (2nd cycle) due to my bro having a vasectomy. Is that a standard call? I thought she would have an option for a natural birth.

Quote Originally Posted by roxxie View Post
    Our CHN said at the last checkup that her legs are uneven and she shouldnt' be crawling as her hips must be out of alignment, but as she is crawling and standing I think the nurse was just looking from a wonky angle lol. She's not uneven at all, I think sometimes they are so busy and have so many appointments to get through that they don't really have the time to do a proper check up.
    That's funny! I'm sure she's not wonky at all! I was told that Robert wasn't getting enough food and they wanted him back for another weigh-in. I didn't bother and in the last 4 weeks he's been putting on (a little bit of) weight and gotten interested in food again. A thought....... how would you stop her from crawling???

Oh gosh, go Hannah. Is she off and running now?

I know I read that too Cass. I love lil bubba's but I am not ready to have another one for a couple of years, at least till the bigger DS is at school.
    I will just live through all my friends who are having bubs.

We are going great here. It's like Lenny is nearly as big as his bro. They are eating all the same food with us at dinner and he is crawling and standing up walking things around.
    He says mumma and Dad. Sooo happy all the time.
    He still sleeps in our bed for most of the night but I LOVE that. I feel like he is growing up lightning fast.
    Our bubs are 10 months old!!!! Closer to 1 than a newborn.

I have seen a vid of Lacie crawling and she is a pro! Have you seen the CHN since that appointment?

Hope you all had a lovely holiday season. Back to normal here, missing the christmas fun already!!

Hi All,

Somehow I stopped getting emails to say our thread had been added to/updated ... odd.

Anyway, I am back and hopefully adding to the thread more often!
    Been great sitting here reading up on everything.

Hope you all had a lovely first Christmas with your bubs and a wonderful New Year.

Christmas was busy for us, as along with it being Willow's first Christmas, we decided to host Christmas Lunch. Yeah, never again.
    New Years was quiet, just a bottle of bubbly and we watched the Sydney fireworks on TV. Willow slept the whole time.

Willow is a maniac crawler, and since Christmas cruises the furniture and I don't think we will be long off walking.
    We've conceeded defeat and put up a couple of baby gates, so Willow has full fun of the loungeroom (and spreads out her toys) and it's a baby proofed area. The rest of the house is not so baby proofed, but OK for short spurts of time. I really regret taking the door off our 'study' ... it's full of computer cables, the vaccuum and ironing board ... all fun playthings to a baby!
    Finding it hard to get a lot done during the day, Will appears to want my attention ALL THE TIME. And I don't even have to be amusing her, she amuses herself quite well, but she just wants me there in the room with her. Oh well, I head back to work in February, so I should just treasure this nice playtime with her, bugger the cleaning and cooking. Only going back to work 2 days a week, but am still dreading leaving her!

How many teeth do bubs have now?
    What weight and height range are we in?
    How many sleeps a day are babies having?

Hello all....I hope everyone is okay and not flood affected!!

It has been a strange xmas with constant rainy weather here...started back at work today - only a couple of hours...but back to 5 days a fortnight by end of week..big shock to the system.

Thrilled - Soph is on two days sleeps at around ten and two but she only sleeps for 30mins each sleep. Don't know about height and weight....last I weighed her she was around 8kg but that was ages ago. She has her two bottom teeth.

Cass - Soph's appetite all of sudden increased dramatically about 1 month ago too...it is like she all of a sudden really got into food...and now she sits in the highchair and feeds herself no fuss...it is bliss!!! She eats every two hours at the minute.

To get ready for work, Soph is having formula in the day night and I am still breastfeeding morning, night and around 2am.

Her routine is roughly:

6am wake and breakfast
    7am BF
    9am morning tea
    10ish sleep
    11am lunch
    1 pm lunch number 2
    2pm sleep
    3pm afternoon tea
    5pm dinner
    6pm shower
    6.30 bf then sleep.

We are still co-sleeping here....but she is waking more like 3 or 4 times a night at the minute instead of 8!!!

No walking here yet...walking pushing everything around including the dining chairs. Standing alone for a while and started climbing onto bikes, into the big car etc.

She shakes her head no to answer questions like wanting more food...she points at planes, waves, claps and blows kisses.

Shell - Soph says the Mum, Dad words - as well as num for food, Gemma our dog, hello, baby for her doll (which she loves!!!) and that's it so far.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast