1234513 ...

thread: Babies Born~ October 2007 #35

Dec 2006
    Melbourne

Happy Mothers Day Everyone!

Hope you all have great days and get spoilt! We are off to the aquarium when Tahlia wakes up, so I'm sure we will have a good day!

Add Khaleesi on Facebook

Feb 2007
    Wonderland

Happy Mothers Day everyone

Just a little update, My Mum still isn't doing great but they think she's fighting the infection.
    Still not eating much, still bed ridden. We have been she probably wont see the year out, but my Mum is strong so i guess only time will tell. All my Aunties flew down to see her which she loved. Feeling pretty down at the moment & every time the phone rings i think it's the nursing home with bad news.
    Promise this will be my last selfish post for awhile

Nov 2006
    brisbane

Mo SENDING your mum lots of healing energy! Your not slefish babe you just ned lots of support through this tough time and thats what were here for!

BellyBelly Member

May 2005
    Brisbane

Happy Mothers Day to all the wonderful Mummies out there.

Had a good day. Had cheese and bacon croissants for breakfast, a nap on the lounge in the morning, lunch out with the family and a relaxing afternoon. (Got to do some ironing tonight but thats alright..)

Mo - can only trust that your mum will get through this.

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2008
    SE Subs Melbourne

Happy Mother's Day

Just a quickie as we have just gotten home from dinner. Tay is in bed and got woken by the dog, so she isn't settling! Anyway, have had a great day, breakfast, great pressie's and a day in our pj's and out for dinner tonight. Noice.

Mo
    - We are here to listen and don't you dare disappear. You can post and chat to us as much and often as you want to. It's not easy going through what you are, and if there is anything I can do please don't be shy and ask me ... ok!

I hope all of you wonderful, dedicated and gorgeous mummy's had a great day with your littlie's and families! I have to say, its been nice to be spoilt and get the day off today!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber & MPM

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

Hi all! I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day! Mine was lovely, the boys made me bacon and eggs for brekkie, then we went to MIL's for lunch and had a big family get-together. The kids all had a ball playing together. I am soooo tired today though!

K absolutely loves book atm. He pulls a book out, turns the pages and pretends to read out loud LOL, it's so cute . It's been good for Joel who has more of an enthusiasm for books again!

Kaz - Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday

Saffi - Mmmm...cheese & bacon croissants *drool*, now I want one!

Mo - I hope your mum starts to improve soon. I'm glad her sisters visiting cheered her up . Please don't stop posting about your mum, we all care about you guys and want to be here for you.

Kellie - I hope you had fun at the aquarium yesterday! It's such a cool place

Willow - I hope you got spoilt yesterday

Amber - Thanks for your gorgeous Mother's Day message, you're so sweet . The Octo group wouldn't be the same without you

Hi to everyone else! Hope you all have a great day!!

Add Khaleesi on Facebook

Feb 2007
    Wonderland

Thanks Ladies, don't what i'd do if i didn't have the support from you all.

Dec 2006
    Melbourne

Mo - hugs.... dont ever feel bad about telling us your worries, thats what we are hear for!

Sounds like everyone had a good mothers day.. Tahlia had a ball at the aquarium, she absolutely loved the penguins and anyone there that paid her any attention she showed them her shoes and then pointed at the displays and said 'fish'... so cute

My 1st day back at work tomorrow... not looking forward to leaving Tahlia... wish me luck!

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

Good luck tomorrow Kellie! I'm sure it will all go really well

Mo - Love your new ticker pic, so sweet!

Well, we've had a pretty horrible day here . K managed to push Joel's kitchen stool over to the stove, turned the hotplate on and burned his hand. It happened while I was out of the room so I'm feeling pretty bad. I ran his hand under cold water for 20 minutes then called Nurse On Call who advised me to just give him Panadol and take him to the Dr if he is still in pain 48 hours later of if the burns get infected. They're pretty superficial burns, he must have only touched it quickly (I think he was just playfully banging his hand down on it) so I think he'll be OK. He was in so much pain though, it was just awful. Giving him a bath tonight was tricky because his hand hurts when it gets wet. He was pretty cheerful after his bath though and I gave him another dose of Panadol before he went to sleep so hopefully he'll sleep OK tonight.

I hate it so much when one of my boys gets hurt. It hurts me more than if I'd done the injury myself . My chest still feels tight thinking about it!

Anyway, better get off the topic, it is making me feel too stressed!

BellyBelly Member

May 2005
    Brisbane

Kellie - good luck for tomorrow. You'll be fine and its nice to have some adult conversation now and then.
    Trish - L loves books too. His favourite is Peter has a Pirate suit. That is the only book he will actually stay still for. It has a lion in it which is also a favourite thing of this at the moment too.
    Kaz - sounds like you had a good time!
    Mo - thinking of you!
    Amber/Willow/Amelia - hello and hope you had a good day too.

L's chucking major wobblies at the moment. By the end of it I don't think he even knows what started it. Anyway.....

Add Khaleesi on Facebook

Feb 2007
    Wonderland

Kellie good luck for tomorrow.

Trish poor K. Hope his hand feels better soon & i feel the exact same way.

Oct 2007
    Perth,WA

Hi all...hope everyone had a good mothers day! I had to make my own breakfast as DH was in a major grump, but he got over it, thank goodness!

Hugs Hugs Hugs Mo! xo
    Trish - poor K....hope his hand feels better soon
    Kellie - GOOD LUCK at work tomoz

Been busy this last week, packing, doing dog stuff, having parties! (was my birthday...30 yaykes!) and I'm so tired at the moment. Wish Max would stop waking at 2am calling me to help him find his lost dummies too! He's megga clingy at the moment and always wants to do what I'm doing. I'm sweeping, he wants to sweep....I'm raking, he wants to rake. It makes the task at hand a lot harder to finish when he is the one that wants to do the job! Oh well, at least he's helpful.

Off to bed now....how lame is that! Night Night!

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2008
    SE Subs Melbourne

Julia - We are having trouble with Tay and her sleeping again as well. The night before last she kept waking every time the dog barked, last night she just woke for no reason in particular. We brought her in bed with us, but she decided playing and chatting was more fun than sleeping! We are getting a bit over it. Oh and a BIG HAPPY 30TH, I had a look at your pics on facebook and you looked great with your friends!

Saffi
    - Tay is also doing the wobbley chucking thing, no one can go near my mum thing, and if you have something I want it more thing! In other words, its all about her at the moment! Hopefully its a phase that passes quickly!

Trish
    - I hope that K is ok today. I know what you mean about when the kids get hurt, you beat yourself up about it. My DH always tells me that these things happen and that there is only so much we can do to protect them. But that doesn't normally make me feel that much better. I think its part of being a Mum!

Kellie - Big day for you, I am sure you will do fine and good luck. As far as how you will go leaving T, just give her lots of kisses and hugs beforehand to get you through the day! I hope that it all goes well for you x

Not much going on here really, other than sleepless nights with Tay Tay. I went for a walk last night, first thing I have really done as far as exercise goes in a while. I went well and thought I might be a bit sore today, but nope, feel great! We are off again tonight. It was great last night as I had had a tough day and it made me calm down a bit! A bit of a release. Anyway, that is about the most exciting thing I can share. A bit boring a the moment. Oh there is one thing, Tay fell over yesterday and hit her head on the megablocks box and cut her chin in two spots. Who would think she could hurt herself that badly on plastic? Spun me out!

Amber, Willow, Mo & Amelia (and anyone else I have missed)

Aug 2006

Trish - Poor K and poor mummy I swear we suffer more than they do when they hurt themselves. I felt the same when L broke his leg cause I was in the laundry (at the back of the house) and he was outside. So silly, I was probably 10 feet away and even if I were right there, I probably couldn't have stopped it anyway!

I had a lovely weekend, was my bday on Saturday so spent the morning with my mum, had coffee, she paid for me to get my nails done and then we did some shopping. DH and the kids got me a bead for my pandora bracelet.

Sunday I got to sleep in but not for long cause mum and I had to go to b'fast with the MIL I got spoiled again, a beautiful card and key ring from DD that she'd made at preschool, and DH actually went shopping () and brought me the most beautiful coral fleece dressing gown - I looooove it! Got the size and colour perfect too. So pretty impressed with him.

Better go, on hold with my ob atm because baby boo has been a bit quiet and I've been having a few pains this morning I'm sure it's nothing but better to check with him I think.

Feb 2007
    Melbourne

Hey everyone! K's hand is much better today, it still looks sore, but he isn't showing me that it is causing him any pain. I had to take him for his 18 month needle today, I felt so bad after what he went through yesterday! He really cried too and said "Ow!" which made me feel so much worse . He got over it quickly thank goodness and was back to playing normally when we got home. He was so tired though, I had to drop Joel off to kinder at 12:15pm and when we got home he fell asleep on the short trip from carrying him out of the car and into his bed LOL!

Willow - Happy birthday for Saturday! Sorry I missed it . It sounds like you got really spoilt . How did you go with your OB? Were you able to go in and be seen? I'm sure everything is OK .

Kaz
    - Well done on getting out for a walk! It really does make you feel good, getting out in the fresh air. I hope you have a better night with Tay tonight!

Julia - Wishing you a belated Happy 30th Birthday! I'm sorry I missed your birthday too, I feel terrible, I should check FB more often LOL.

Mo - How are you holding up today? I've been thinking of ya .

Saffi - Don't you just hate those tanties?! I usually walk off on K and he stops pretty quickly, otherwise I use distraction - "What's that dog up to?", it seems to work!

Kellie - I hope your first day at work is going well

Well, I suppose I'd better go and do something constructive now LOL! Have a great day all!

Add Khaleesi on Facebook

Feb 2007
    Wonderland

Happy Birthday Willow & Julia. Hope you both had a great day.

Willow, Hope Boo has picked up their movements for you. Kodi loved playing those kinda games with me.

Trish Glad K's hand is feeling better today.

Kellie for today.

Julia when do you officially move to Singapore? Are you looking forward to it?

Kaz hope Tay starts sleeping better for you.

AFU
    Maddi is doing ok. She's peeing & drinking excessively at the moment so we are thinking she may have a UTI, but if that comes back all clear then she may need to go for a diabetes test yay.
    I can't believe how much trouble it is to get a clean urine sample.
    Kodi Still chucking up but gaining plenty of weight so we are told just to watch her weight she gets sick & her reflux gets worse.
    Me doing the same. Nursing home keeps saying she is getting better but when you go in there to see her i can't see any difference. Otherwise is everything else is good

Aug 2006

Just thought I'd pop in and let you know I went in to see my ob and Boo is doing just fine - breech at the moment with feet very close to my cervix so that may be causing the sharp pains

Did an u/sound, bp, urine test and an internal - eewwwww. Cervix long and closed so all good.

Ob said plenty of time for him/her to turn so not too worried about position just yet.

Add Khaleesi on Facebook

Feb 2007
    Wonderland

Willow so glad Boo is fine. they're so cheeky sometimes.

1234513 ...