Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~August 15th-30th 2010 #1

Loula I hope you can encourage your dh to be more involved, that is how I cope with the three.

Dh comes home about 5.30, he plays with the girls while I cook dinner. We all sit down together and then dh plays, bathes and dresses the girls. It means I get a break and can get things done. I know it's different with the bf, but encourage your dh to do the bath and dressing and settling of Will as a bonding thing. Will will be more playful and alert soon so the should help them interact more.

I hope he at least finishes the book soon.

loula - i had very sore nipples as G wasnt attaching properly and caused some damage. i visted the lactation consultation and she said it was probably cos she's little and my nipples were too big for her to get it to the back of her mouth and she could only get them to the front of her mouth and thus causing damage. so i had been expressing and giving her EBM. i know, so damn tiring.. i've slowly started putting back to the breast, did a second visit to the LC. she's attaching better now but still painful so am doing a few feeds on the breast and most via EBM.

sorry to hear abt DH.. does he help w changing nappies, bathing etc. it's hard when every little thing on caring about baby lies on our shoulders. fathers can just walk away and not worry abt things, and we are so attached to our babies we cannot part from them or ignore things that need to be done. fathers can just tune out when they want to..

have to run. G needs a feed

br sorry you had to loose your EBM, it's heartbreaking. it's so much hard work. and it's so tough juggling other kids around bub, their feeding etc.
    i spilt some EBM the other day while trying to get her some, i was so upset.

I felt like crying when I saw what had happened to the ebm, I know why it's called liquid gold! I have caught up again now, but poor Will is still having a sore tummy because of the formula. I think the one we have is no good for him but I don't want to buy a big tin of another one when we rarely need it. He is asleep in the close carrier but I am scared to take him out incase he wakes up again, he hasn't been sleeping much and seems to have a sore tummy.

We are wait to hear about the house, we are the only ones to make an offer but they are waiting until to see how today's open goes. Dh wanted me to go and block the street so no one could go.

Hope everyone else has happy settled babies!

Evening all, hope you have all had a good weekend.
    BR good to hear youve caught up with the EBM, hopefully wills tummy ache goes away soon
    Prama good to hear that Githanjali is starting to attatch better and the BF is getting easier, one less stress would be nice
    AFM we have had a good weekend, went to a friends for GF day yesterday and Brody slept in my arms all day so i thought we would have a terrible night but he was actually really good. Slept for 5 1/2 hrs when first put down and then 4 then 3 so i was very happy with that. Today we went for a drive down the coast and had fish & chips and then came home and slept on the couch together and now hes sleeping on the couch with DP. The sun is still out too so were just about to go for a walk. I also got the house cleaned from top to bottom today so was happy with that, it was way overdue!!

Sounds like a great day Elise, some fun with the family and having a clean house is always a good feeling.

I am taking Will for a check up tomorrow as he is getting worse. I think he may have acid reflux as well as the colic. He has a husky voice all the time, he clears his throat, he vomits a fair bit and he is having a lot of trouble sleeping he prefers to be sitting up in his swing or being cuddle as soon as we lay him down he screams. It's been a long couple of days.

BR pm me your email of i will send you a link to the stuff my SIL recommended i use for Will (i havent got it yet and already ordered somthing from the NP, which i also havent recieved yet but think it is the same)

Prama also sorry to hear about loosing the EBM, it really is heartbreaking

Elise im so jelous of you cleaning, i hate our house being a mess, or more to the point unclean, and it is, however i have been doing a fair bit since i got home, i dont know if you recall DH and mum are not the best to stay together in a house!!! they told me while i was in hospital that were hanging out for me to come home so they wouldnt have to have takeaway!! i done a tone of washing which i think may have pushed back my recovery a little too. but i cant wait to start tidying up.

Tomorrow i am making DH take me shopping to get some nice clothes as we went to a christening today and non of my pants fit me! i might just get some mat ones tomorrow so that a) i hope to wera them again and b)if i got up a size in the waste then they wont fit my legs!!lol

well see how we go.

Hi to all! (i was going to write belly rubs!lol)

hope everyone is getting rest.

elise - you are really doing so well! so proud of you! it's amazing to be getting all the extra sleep.

br - sorry to hear will's not feeling the best. i hope they can tell you what's wrong. he must sound like he's been to a rock concert.. his symptoms do sound like reflux.. xoxoxox

loula - hope you dont do too much cleaning up, but i totally understand what you mean. i need a clean house too. i can easily maintain it, but dh very quickly makes a mess. and that's what i mainly do, tidying after him. but he's been pretty good now so hopefully i'll maintain my sanity!
    enjoy shopping!! im so tempted too. but want to loose all my baby weight before i start...

Loula I need a tidy house too, I think I had enough of not being able to do much over the past couple of years that I am making up for it, but as soon as I tidy up the girls mess it all up again. They are outside now the weather is warmer so it's not so bad.

Prama you described how Will sounds perfectly, I am hoping my gp can help he specializes in kids and obstetrics so fingers crossed, otherwise we see the pead in three weeks.

Have sent you a pm Loula thanks.

Email sent Hun

Off to the dr's soon he us already screaming this morning my poor baby.

hugs hun xx let me know how things go

He is on Zantac twice a day and gaviscon infant if it's needed, with a review next week after we get back from our mini holiday. I gave will a dose of Zantac and within 5 minutes he stopped screaming, which is just as well as Dd2 is home from daycare sick.

br - how is he doing today? hope it;s helping him.. poor little man.

Hi all

BR I hope Will is feeling 100% better now that you are using the meds. Did you get the stuff from the chemist I sent you? I've got stuff from my np and used it for the first time today and he has been very unsettled.

Elise I completely missed your post about all the sleep you have been getting now I totally hate you lol. So not only do you have a clean house but you also have a baby that will sleep!!

Prama how is G today. Has DS been helping you. I love seeing the toddlers with their little siblings. So cute. I'm now off the shield totally which I'm in two minds about. At least they gave me some protection.

Melly. How are you and DD? How is her sleep now? I had something else to ask you but baby brain is kicking in here lol

Hi to all the yummy mummies xx

Will is giving us a bit of bother here with not sleeping. We both got two hours on the sofa this afternoon and he just naps at feeding times then if I move that's it he's up again. We are also co sleeping which I want to do but I also want him to sleep in the day without me lol. I'm going to look at going to one of the sleep schools near me if I get time to call them lol. DH aunt works at tweedle but hasn't spoken to DH family since his nan passed (all got horrid)

I kind of knew we would have sleeping issues as it's never been my best point even at work. I guess i don't have the patience for it or strength to hear them whinge or cry. And will DS being in NICU since coming home I jumped every time I thought his breathing was a bit off.

We also have the attach of cradle cap so we are getting onto that now hoping to catch it early. We are treating his wind with stuff from the np first day today so I'm going to give it a week before trying other stuff recommended by my SIL.

Can I just check about poo. Wills at times can look greenish. And is starting to have white flakes in it. It also looks a bit jelly.

Loula yes im glad we have got the sleep sorted, it makes things so much nicer LOL. We are also co sleeping for our last sleep in the morning, Brody has a bottle at about 6.30 and then comes into bed with me till he wakes again at about 9.30 - 10 so im even getting a sleep in, its just lovely. Hopefully you can start getting some sleep soon. Can i just ask what is the stuff from the np. I have been to the drs twice now and asked about getting something for reflux and both times have left so dissapointed as she just says "he'll be right, he'll just grow out of it" But i can see hes in pain and its annoying him.
    Better go feed time, cya

Hi ladies

Loula sorry to hear about troubled sleep time during the day. We are co sleeping too at night time, although as i am so busy with all the other kids he sleeps finr during the day without me, he either sleeps in his car seat cause we got home and i carried him in out of the car in it, or he sleeps in his bouncer as he really likes it!!! I hope you sort something out soon.

With all the wind problem, i would not say jack has a problem as such but i find he is gulping his feeds heaps and he then gets a bit whingy at night time and is passing wind HEAPS!!! it actually sounds like DH it is so loud. He does not scream though that is why i am saying its not really a problem!! I am going to take him to the clinic and see what they say, although i know they are going to say to sit him up and feed him and i have tried that and he still gulps for a long time!!!!!!

Elise i am glad you are getting to sleep in believe me ENJOY THAT!!!!! If the other kids slept in then i would be right but they don't!!!!!! Glad to hear you are both doing well!!!

BR i am glad they have given DS something for his wind and i hope he keeps getting better for you :-)

Prama i am glad to hear the feeding is getting easier for you XXOO

As for me my little "BIG" Jack is doing well he was four weeks yesterday and I had him weighed. Are you ready !!!!! He weighs 5.5 kg which is 12 pd 5 oz !!!!! He is a little 'BIG' Porker LOL!!!!!!! He is gettting so fat in his face and really strong with his neck already.

I have posted my birth story too!!!! It was really good the get it out!!!! http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...dy-144102.html

Glad everyone is going well gotta run he just woke up for a feed!!!!!!!!!!!

Nikki

LMK Great birth story, i cant believe they thought you didnt know what was going on. Well done Jack on the weigh in, thats great!!

AFM well Brody has been asleep for nearly 3 1/2 hours and i dont know what to do with myself. His routine is going to be all out now though so im not sure what im going to do. He usually has a bottle at about 4ish and then has his bath at 6.30 and bottle at 7 then bed. But hes slept right through his 4.00 bottle and he wont hold out till 7.
    Ooh spoke too soon, hes awake, better go
    Cya

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast