Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~August 15th-30th 2010 #1

black_rose I will pass on some of my grey hairs if you like :-) I understand what you mean about trying to get everything done.. its hard, and I am also one of those people who hate going to bed with a messy house, I am constantly tidying up.

krystals - sorry i missed your message. 9hours is great, wish you could change his hours so he sleeps longer.. not sure how you can do it, tho..
    i had my whooping cough needle yest, and now there's a huge lump on my arm and it hurts!
    sorry to hear that Jakc's got Erbs Palsy.. but great taht it can be fixed w physio, and yes, the good thing is that it's his limbs and not organs, that would be so much harder. he's such a good boy.
    i was laughing out hearing that he laughed out loud. they can be so funny!! he must have been dreaming he was in a land of boobs! hahahah. boys and boobs huh.
    yesterday Lakshman took my Lansinoh and lifted his shirt. He was touching his nipples and said "booby hurt, i put some" hhahahaah cos i told him before when i put it on that i needed it cos my boobies hurt.

thanks for that Loula - i will look it up, ooh i just did! ahh i remember now. i saw it at the marketplace just down the road last week. i saw the big poster out the front of the chemist and thought how clever!

br - i think you are right re the dermatitis, DH gets eczema and DS had it as a baby too. And now with spring it makes it worse. i notice that if i;m outdoors with her, it gets much worse. not sure if it's the pollen or the cold air.
    glad will's reflux is getting better. poor darling.
    lol i feel so old sometimes.. man, i turn 40 in 3 years!! i cant believe it. i still feel like i just left high school!

melly - i know im always tidying up. i had ds at home it was his toys everywhere. and before Lakshman;s bed, i was tidying up the kitchen, and i came out and DH was sitting down watching tv. i told him you could help me clean up the mess in the lounge room, adn he goes what mess?? so i pointed to a couple of things, and those couple of things got cleared up. the rest stayed on the floor.. sigh, men are domestically blind sometimes!!

gotta run, boobies going to explode!

Prama at the comment about boobies going to explode, thats one thing i dont miss about breastfeeding hehe. DP travels for about 6 months of the year on & off and at the moment its all depending on the weather. DP's parents are in the same town as me so my MIL helps out when she can. She actually looked after Brody for 2 1/2 hrs this morning while i cleaned the house and had a peaceful shower
    Melly i hate going to bed with a messy house too, i always have to at least do the dishes and some washing if there is any before i go to bed.
    BR hope you are feeling better this week, i have been much the same but as you said just take every day as it comes and try not to do too much all at once
    Krystals Jack is doing so well with his sleeping, thats so awesome!! How does he sleep through the day?? Hopefully the physio can sort out his erbs palsy.
    Loula GO WILL, woohoo such great sleeping, what a clever little man!!
    AFM I am feeling good today, had a little break this morning and got the house cleaned which was nice. Not too sure whats happening with Brodys sleeping. Im wondering if he was awake longer through the day would he sleep longer at night?? Were getting about 5 - 5 1/2 hours when first put down so i suppose its not too bad He just gets very cranky through the day so i seem to be trying to put him to sleep all the time and feel really guilty, like i dont want to deal with him, but this is not the case at all.
    Anyway MIL said he was very happy this morning for her, gooing and gaaing and poking his tongue out constantly, hehe so cute!!

Wow sounds like we are all coming through well getting to know our babies wants and needs!

Prama, i swear get the cream you will love it, i use it on Will's dry skin too around his nose and eyes! How cute of Lakshman to be copying you with the cream! too cute.

Melly no one has as many greys as me!!! My GF pointed them out to me on my 26th birthday and now i have heaps, when i get my hair coloured blonde again you dont really notice them they blend better, but i only had time for a dark semi while DH had DS! (thats a whole other story lol)

BR glad to hear that the reflux is better but boohoo on needing to see someone about the hernia i hope it is ok. can we make a catch up in two weeks?

Krystals, hun im glad that you are getting Jack sorted with all his appointments now, the earlier the better and im sure its keeping you very busy. Great news that there will be no need for surgery.

Elise thank goodness for great MIL's sounds like you have had a productive morning, gotta love those. Like i said yesterday dont stress about the sleep too much, it will come

Well we have hit a milestone today! first DS has been sleeping great the last few nights (but usually has since birth TBH) and today i put him in his bassinett without assisting him to fall asleep on the bb and he did it!!! be it with a dummy, but hey we finally did the feed, play, sleep thing! lol might not happen tomorrow or even the next nap but hey it happened once so i know he's got it in him. lol

Weigh in today 5.67kg!!! an increase of over 1.1kg in a month. boobie juice is working lol, i think its all the fish oil i take and my breastfeeding smoothy at 3pm (NP gave me the reciepe if anyone wants it?)

Lou a catch up in two weeks sounds good, where do you get the moogoo cream? Just noticed Will has cradle cap too. Can you send the smoothie recipe to me as we only had a weight gain of 130g in a fortnight, but he has had a cold.

Elise that would be hard having dh away so much. I am not sure about having them sleep during the day vs night, still trying to decide.

Prama I giggled at boys and bbs, can just imagine Mr L running around with the lanisol. Dd grabbed my pump today as I was ready to express and held it to her chest!

Hey BR, you can get some moogoo at the shops on Dorset rd begins with a M? it's in a medical supply shop, its the cheapest ive seen, or the health shop at Eland, you know the one opp the butcher?

Smoothy (i might as well post it here)
    1/2 cup soy milk
    1/2 cup juice (any)
    1/2 cup youghurt
    1/2 cup berries (i use mixed frozen)
    1/2 banana
    large tsp flaxseed oil
    large tsp wheat germ

Blend and enjoy at around 3pm, my np says it helps with the afternoon drop off!

thanks loula will try it well done with will's weight gain. how are you feeling now?

elise - it's great your mil is there, she must so have a ball with brody!

br - your dd's so cute, it's great that she sees you expressing and bf-ing, it will be such a positive re-inforcement when she's a mother, it will seems so natural for her.
    i dont know why but when im expressing Mr L (love that) looks at all the mechanics of the pump (i use a double pump) and the pulls my top over my boobs and he says cover. lol.

Got the moogoo, it looks much better already. Will is feeding better this morning but will give the smoothie ago as I never seem to have enough supply later in the day.

Just a quick question - Do all your bubs sleep on there back for all there sleeps. I just put Brody in his cot and he slept for about 10 mins then woke up in tears and i unwrapped him and rewrapped him with 1 arm out and put him on his side and he resettled straight away. I would never do it at night but would it hurt through the day if hes comfy like that???
    I know they say not to because of SIDS but surely if im checking on him it should be ok right???

Elise it's fine to out them to sleep on their side or tummy during the day and you are keeping an eye on them.

BR Thanks, he didnt sleep long anyway, about 10 mins, and then wouldnt settle so we decided to go for another walk (had already been for 1 1/2 hrs this morning) and he cracked it big time and would not settle, so just had to let him cry while walking down the street and he finally dropped off for about 20 mins. I cant seem to get any longer than half an hour and dont know whats going on coz hes so cranky. If he was happy i wouldnt mind him not sleeping but hes just not

Will is the same some days, but I think its the noise from the girls a lot of the time.

Brody is asleep in his cot now and has been for the last 1 1/2 hrs, i just wish he would do that through the day hehe. Oh well im sure he'll get there, I'll just have to keep perservering with it i suppose.
    Has anyone taken there bubs to a chiropractor and had any success with it, ive been thinking about it but not too sure.

Elise Will has been to the chiro, its helped with his constipation and also the reflux he only needs Zantac at night. I have also taken dd2 as she was screaming at night and also having tantrums. After one treatment she is sleeping through again and only has the occasional tantrum. With the health insurance it is $10 a visit.

Hi ladies

Thought I had better pop in and say HI!!!!
    Good to hear that everyone is doing well!!
    Elise Jack sleeps on his side all the time!!!!! Even at night time, i have always done this i find that they startle less and stay asleep for longer. I do have and use one of those safe and sound roll pillows which stops them from being able to roll to his tummy or back, so more or less he has to stay on his side, so it is very safe. I love it!!! You can buy them fro about $10 second hand off ebay or Big W sell them for about $30 . Great investment if bubs likes sleeping on their side!!!!

Jack is doing really well, we had him in hospital two weeks ago. He got gastro along with our other kids and he just vomitted and vomitted alllllllllllllll day, i have never seen so much vomit in my life the poor little thing. We took him there cause he had not kept a feed down all day. The dr was very surprised that he was not dehydrated. We stayed for a few hours and came home. He slept all night and woke up heaps better. I have not weighed him for a littel while i mgiht do that today. He has been a bit difficult the last few nights waking up at 3am and not wanting to go back to sleep being very restless. I am feeling it today as the other kids were up at 5:45 and DH had already gone to work. Atleast we are ready for school super early.

Hope everyone is well and i will try and get on here more often

Nikki

LMK poor little man with all that vomitting, that must have been terrible for you all. Hope he is all better now

Well we had another terrible day yesterday, i ended up at MIL's in tears, i was just exhausted and missing DP and Brody just would not stop screaming. So MIL talked me into leaving him with her and going home for a sleep and then went out for tea with her and some friends. I thought we would have a terrible night as brody missed his bath and went to bed later but nope we had a GREAT night, best one yet. He fed at 7.30, then bed at 8.30 and didnt wake again till 3.30 then 7.30. I couldnt believe it i was so happy and to top it off DP got home at lunch time today and is home for 2 nights, so that was lovely. Brody has also been sleeping in his cot today, only 45 mins - 1 hour but its better than not at all. Hes sleeping in my arms at the moment coz hes just too cute and i felt like cuddles hehe
    Have a good weekend everyone

Oh Elise, I'm so glad Brody had a goodnight's sleep after a bad day- did you get some sleep too? Don't you love those sleepy cuddles? My favourite times are when he falls asleep while feeding and then we stay and have a cuddle.

Nikki how scary when Jack was vomiting! I hope all is well now- how are the other kids settling in with the new arrival?

Black_rose, I might see if I can find a chiro in our area for Jack's neck/shoulder- it's improving all the time, but it might help a bit more- might help with his tummy too, although Jack doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as Will- I'm glad the Chiro makes a difference for him.

Melly and Prama, how are your gorgeous girls going this week?

Loula, that smoothy sounds yummy!!!

Jack is doing really well, I'm having a great time with him- although this week has been difficult, time stressful and busy, he's taken it all in his stride. We had appts everyday and I was worried he wouldn't sleep at all, but he's like his mum I think and loves having a sleep. Actually today he's been really sleepy- he usually has 2 sleeps and 2 naps during the day, but he's had 4 sleeps today. He's having tummy time with hubby at the moment and then we're going for a walk. I haven't exercised at all for a couple of weeks as I've been so tired, but I got an hour nap this afternoon so I'm feeling ok for it.

Has everyone who was going to vaccinate had their needles? We had ours on Tuesday. He cried and cried and broke my heart, but as soon as the boob was out it seemed like he forgot about it. He was whingey on Wednesday but seems fine now.

hugs Elise!

...................................we failed sleep school today! Will got no sleep allllllllllllllllllll day! now we are home he is asleep on me lol what night am i in for?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast