Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~August 15th-30th 2010 #1

Krystals so glad to hear jack is doing well and coped with all his appointments. Brody has his needles at 8 weeks but he wasnt to bad, of course he cried but i was feeding him at the time so once he realised his milk was there he was fine. But your right it does break your heart to see them in pain like that.
    Loula thanx hun, im feeling better today with DP being home and having a couple of good nights. I wouldnt say you failed sleep scholl hun, its just not for some people. I could say we failed too coz we tried it and he was an absolute angel while we were there but then wouldnt do it when we came home. 'Whateva works' is what a very wise person told me hehe
    Well we had another good night last night, went to bed at 7.30 and woke at 2, then 6 so i was happy with that. Im heading off to my sisters 21st tonight and Brody is staying at home with DP. He will be bathed and in bed before i go so at least i dont have anything to worry about, not that id need to coz im sure DP could handle it but just for my own peace of mind id like him to be asleep before i go

Krystals glad you survived a busy week, the chiro has made a huge difference with will, his shoulder was very tender from when he got stuck at birth.

Elise glad your dh is home for a bit, the days when nothing stops the crying are hard.

Lou you didn't fail sleep school, Will just knows he prefers to sleep at night.

Will had his needles he was really grumpy and hot yesterday so he had panadol. He also had a checkup with the pead, he is only averaging 80g a week need to get closer to 200. So I have to top up with formula if I can't get enough ebm.

Out to dinner to surprise a friend tonight. MIL is watching the kids, she is a natural, it's all very easy for her so I can go and relax for a few hours.

haha thank girls! i know we didnt fail really! its just funny to say!

Krystals i think we posted at the same time, sorry to hear you are funning around with all the appointments, it must be tiring? well done you two. Getting needles is never fun, poor DS cried but was soon comforted with some grub!

Elise good to hear that MIL helps out and great that DH is back for now to give you a bit of help, ive just given DH a bottle of EBM so i can have a bit of me time, plus i havent taken my herbs or had much to drink so i feel my supply is dropping.

BRHave fun tonight, i love suprises, how old was Will getting his needles? i know he is older than our Will who got them done Monday. did you have to top up with either of the girls? have you tried the smoothy?

Well we went to SS yesterday to help with DS to settle to sleep without being on the boob or being carried all the time, he wont even let me put him down asleep, always wakes as his head touches the cot!! so yesterday he did not sleep all day until the MW carried him and he slept! they have refered me to the 4 day stay! not sure if i will go TBH as i dont really want to change what is happening at night (currently slept the last two weeks 9/10pm till 5/6am straight) with teh odd sleep of 20 to 40 min in the day on me. and usually happy boy and well fed! lol he feeds every two hours or so during the day. he put on 1.1KG in the last month weigh in. so i dont really know what to do, sure i would love him to 'go down' without me once or twice so i can get some washing done or have lunch, currently i have to do this when he is awake but that is taking time away that i have to play with him

woo he just polished off 140ml! and still hungry! Porker

Will was 8.5 weeks for his needles, I had to fit them around all our other appointments and go on a day when it was just him. I had to top up both girls, it's a battle for us to keep the weight on. I havent tried the smoothie yet, have the ingredients too though, my supply seems to be dropping too.

If you and Will are coping I wouldn't change his routine, all three of mine have been the same and i would rather have a longer sleep at night than have had them sleeping during the day. The mchn tried to get me to book into sleep school last time but u refused to go.

hi girls,

i'll quickly reply to br and reply to others later today, we have a house full of sicklings.

br - im doing a traditional indian mix:
    1/2 tsp of all of these:
    ginger or ginger pwd
    turmeric
    cumin
    fennel seeds
    fenugreek

lightly crush the spices.
    bring to boil abt 200ml of water and add all the ingredients.
    let it boil till it's reduced to half.
    then have it as it is or with milk and sugar. you can have it 2-3 times a week

it's done my supply heaps good this time. i had to top up w lakshman the first time.

Thanks prama!! I was taking fenugreek tablets but just ran out today. I will go and get the spices tomorrow from my local green grocer tomorrow.

I have just had the smoothie so will let you know how that goes. I am trying to keep my water up and express more often again.

I know stressing about it will make it worse but it's hard not to worry when Will has been starving and needed the formula.

br - hugs i hope they all help. i also am taking some herbal ayurvedic stuff and that's also helping.

i know how you feel, Lakshman wasn't gaining a lot of weight and was in the 10 percentile and i had to bf, express and top up w formula. it's very exhausting mentally, physically and emotionally. i used to feel i failed him and taht's why he's small. he's in the 25 percentile now but it's still hard. a lot of kids are bigger than him.
    i hope Will puts on more weight soon, you are doing all the right things, it's hard too when your energy's also spent looking after 2 other kids.
    thinking of you, hun.. big hugs
    xoxox

i will write more, im really crook have picked up the kids' colds. bugger

Hi girls. How are you all? Geez, I keep forgetting to come in here and see how everyone is, I guess because most of us are on Facebook, I tend to keep up with it all on there..

Hope you are all well, and all those beautiful babies too. Miss Molly is becoming extremely clingy.. I have never had this before. Even her dad can't console her, its to the point that if she can't hear my voice, she gets upset, and if other people pick her up...

She was crying so much last night when I finally gave her to her dad so i could enjoy a nice big bubble bath, so he brought her in and she saw me and heard me and was ok, so she ended up joining me in the bath and then started chatting away and smiling.... hmm... I can see this is going to be a problem...

Well, have a great day, I am trying to get some housework done before she wakes up. She loves the vacuum cleaner sound, it soothes her... strangely, and I have just turned it off... i have to put it on sometimes till she falls asleep

Black rose- it's hard for me to imagine the frustration of Will not putting on weight- Jack is in the 95th percentile for height and weight...but I'm thinking of you, if your girls had difficulty as well, does that mean that they're just little bubs? Obviously I'm ignorant to it all!!

Melly- Jack is starting to be a bit mummy's boyish as well, I think it must be the time they realise that we belong to them! The hard thing for my hubby at the moment is that Jack will be smiling, laughing and chatting with me, but as soon as hubby joins in, Jack will look confused (he furrows his brow) and looks at him like a weirdo. I feel terrible for him! BUT at the same time, he's not doing any feeds at the moment (i think the novelty has worn off- more on that in a second) and hasn't given him a bath for about a week either. Basically he's done a few nappies and put him to bed. Which helps ME out, but isn't great bonding time for them.

On the feeding- I've had to throw out over 300ml of EBM!!!! So annoyed. I'd been pumping everyday so that hubby could do the 7am feeds each day- it's before he goes to work and a good chance for them to spend a good hour together without me interferring while I look at the inside of my eyelids. Last week I couldn't pump for a couple of days as we've had a gazillion appts, so I got out some frozen milk for them. Then hubby says "I'll pay you $50 if you do this feed" (haven't seen the $$$$ by the way!!! ) then he wasn't home the next day, so I had to throw that lot out. So I defrosted more... then he was sick and just couldn't get out of bed...then THAT lot got thrown out... then this morning, he'd had his earplugs in, and just groaned when I got up to get Jack out of his cot... so ANOTHER lot gets thrown out, unless he can feed Jack this afternoon sometime. I can't feed it to him, as Jack won't take a bottle from me- why would he when he gets the good stuff??? LOL. Anyway, I know it's not the end of the world, but it is pretty annoying.

What do you think about boys having dolls? I found the cutest little baby doll in Big W that is not girly at all, put it in the trolley, and when we got to the checkout it had mysteriously disappeared. It has ribbons for hair and everything!!! I'm buying it next time I'm in there!!!!

Krystals had to reply just read this

BUY THE DOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My boys have always had dolls and prams and stuff!!!! Hubby will get over it :-))))))))))

We only just got barbie dolls in the house since DD turned 2 and the boys play with them too SOMETIMES!!! I would not say often but sometimes! It does not worry me what they play with, the only thing i actually HATE is toy guns etc. thats a different story and everyone is different!!!

Krystals I hear what you are saying on the expressed stuff.. but .. Molly wont even try a bottle now, she has one suck, then spits the dummy... i have had milk in the fridge that i have expressed and tried to get her to take it from dad.. NOOOOO..... tried to take it from me NOOOOO... so i dont know what to do.. and Molly does the same thing.. chats away with me, then dad comes along, and she isn't interested.. he is really worried, but i keep telling him, until he gets boobs, then that is how things will go, she is just so clingy... its enough to get me to google it!!!

Oh yeah.. the doll.. I forgot. Buy it.. who cares, who says dolls are for girls? I used to play with cars, and is that wrong? Do what you want to do, I dont like how we try to push kids to like BOY stuff for boys and GIRL stuff for girls.. who says that girls should only like dolls....

Get the doll!! We have trains and cars at the moment, its all the rage at daycare so it's what they want at home too.

Thanks for the support girls, going to try prama's recipe and if it doesn't help I will talk to the gp about medication as I want to bf longer if u can, especially if Will has allergies.

Melly Jess never took bottles either until she weaned, age just grabbed her sisters bottle one day and never bf'd again at about 8 months.

br - i used to take motilium with lakshman, my gp prescribed it.

krystals - what heartbreak.. so much milk.... next time dh is sick, can you tie the bottle around his neck and use a stick to prop up his arm to give it to Jack?? 300 ml is so much. DH should give you 300 bucks instead of 50!
    get the doll!! nothing wrong with it.
    mell - i didnt play with dolls, only boys stuff as I had an older brother, i wonder if Githanjali will be the same. I like dollies/teddy bears/stuffed toys, but not barbies, bratz etc.

Prama hi there, when I was growing up, I was a real tom boy too.. always climbing trees, riding my BMX bike

Krystals that is heartbreaking that you lost the milk, you must have been really mad! What we do when I have ebm in the freezer is defrost it in hot water and use it straight away. It's what we did in the scn, you don't waste it that way.

hehe mel - yes i was such a tomboy too. playing my brother and his friends. i still love cars and sci-fi etc.

krystals - if you defrost in the fridge you can keep it there for a day, if im not mistaken. then warm up when you are absolutely certain that dh is going to feed. do not warm up in the microwave as it kills all the nutrients.

Why is it that when you want bubs to be awake they just keep sleeping. I told a girlfriend we will come up for lunch when Brody wakes up and hes been asleep for 2 hours, this never happens when we dont have to be anywhere and i want him to sleep hehe. Oh well might just be a late lunch, although i am starving :LOL:
    Brody didnt sleep well at all last night, not upset or crying or anything just wanting to be awake more often he went to bed at 7 then woke at 11.30, 3.30, 6.30, 8.15. Little monkey didnt want to let me have any sleep. I think he may be having a growth spurt though coz he has been feeding more often through the day and also sleeping more through the day so who knows. Hes getting weighed this arvo so cant wait to see what he weighs now
    Hope you are all doing really well.
    Sorry for no persies, really should be doing housework while hes sleeping hehe.
    Take care

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast