... 4567816 ...

thread: Babies Born~February 16th-28th 2009 #4

Apr 2008

I thought that would be the case xo

Mar 2007

Thanks guys. There hasn't been any more blood since. I don't have the number for my MCHN! I was going to go to the Dr if the next nappy was the same but it hasn't happened again. I read that it could be from straining and it's nothing to worry about unless it's persistent or a lot which it wasn't. But I'm still going to talk to the MCHN about it who I see on Thurs.

Well I have just got DD down in her bassinette we'll see how long this lasts. Maybe I just need to be more persistent. I get too frustrated and give up and just use the hug-a-bub. Also, I feel like she won't get enough sleep if I don't use the HAB. She will wake up after about 30mins in the bassinette!! That's not enough!! How long does everyone else's bubs sleep in the day?? What do I do if she wakes and I can't get her back to sleep? Just keep her up til the next feed and then try again after?? She'll be so tired and cranky by the end of the day!! This is the only thing that's bugging me, day sleeps, otherwise she's a great baby, hardly ever cries or anything. But mummy needs her rest too!!!!!!!

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Heaven, I'm glad it was a once off! With the day sleeps in the bassinette I just wrapped Miss J and persisted. If she woke after 20min I got her up and put her down again when she was tired. Yesterday she did 2.5hrs in the bassinette so she will sleep now.

Laura - I hope you get your things done and have a nice break. We'll miss you!

Ali - glad to hear you had a great trip. It sounds wonderful.

Miss J's granuloma is finally getting smaller and may only ned one more treatment - yay! Last night I ignored her sucky noises at 5am and she went back to sleep until 7am so I think she wasn't actually hungry or she would have cried - she was just in a bit of a habit. Hopefully she will be out of it soon. And the big news - she rolled from back to tummy last night!! I was amazed as she has done tummy to back but not the other way and DD1 didn't roll back to tummy until she was about 5 months old!

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Hi all,

Meg - I hear you!!!! Isabel HATES it... I've tried playing music, singing to her, I put her over a mirror, I shake her favourite rattle, I praise her excitedly when she raises her head... but after a minute or so she cracks it and starts screaming.

I really thought she was getting better since our baby chiro sessions and I'm sure she is... but I look at video footage of my niece at the same age and she is on her tummy, laughing and looking around, pushing up... and then there's Isabel. Sigh!

I don't know what to do!

Ali - glad your break was a success! Sounds like you all had a great time.

Laura - have a nice break

SJ - Isabel hardly every goes through to the second sleep cycle either. I try - I tuck her back in, pop the dummy back in and tell her to go back to sleep, soothe her, sometimes it works, sometimes not. Yesterday she did 2hrs, that was pretty good. I figure persistence is the key - they will get it eventually.

Nai - yay on the extra sleep! I did the same at 6.30am and got a bit longer too. Woo! Yay on the granuloma as well!

AFM: feel pretty crappola today, got a cold. Anyone know what decongestants I can take that are safe while BF?

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

OP i dont think you can take anything! the joys of breastfeeding!!!

sara glad the blood has stopped!!
    sometimes i persist with more sleep other times she puts herself back to sleep, she did 3 hrs on sunday, its hard with two as she we go out a bit.

nai glad the belly button is improving and wow on the rolling!!! sophie was the same never rolled b-t til around 5 months!!

ali glad you had a great trip!!! your mum must have loved seeing miss A!!

im ment to be taking millie to baby play at our swim centre today but i think she;ll be in bed when were ment to be there! may have to go next week

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

I feel so much better today, for once a decent night sleep, Em woke at 2am and 6:45 so feel normal! walking round Safeway yesterday thought my legs were gonna give way under me.

OP- I used a nasal spray and didn't even think to check if it was ok. oops, hope so! It helped me sleep at least, we had shocking colds here a couple weeks back.

Nai- Wow thats impressive! What a clever little girl doing all that rolling already.

Heaven- Our sleep cycles pretty much last 40mins to the dot, I go in and if she still looks sleepy I try resettling but if she is wide awake I just get her up. Usually try resettling for maybe 20mins and on the odd occasion it works other times she just wakes herself up too much, so just get her up and wait til she is tired again. Throws out the whole feed, play, sleep thing cause then it'll end up she due for a feed when she is asleep.

Laura- Enjoy your break! Yeah its amazing how much I get done if I stop myself from coming on here in the day, lol.

Meg- I've had that happen, feeding Em and had to get up to Ash, was hard work went in there with Em on the boob, trying to feed while cuddling Ash, wasn't easy!
    Em hates tummy time too, maybe I get 2-3mins. Ash was never a big fan either but she still did everything and alot things earlier than other kids. I think thats how she learnt to roll cause hated it and rolled herself back onto her back. So not worried. I hold Em sitting up and she has great head control.

Ali- Sounds like you had a nice time, was weather good up there? i getting bit sick of the cold weather her in Melb.

Holly- Sounds like you are having such a hard time at the moment. Is there anyone you can talk to? Maybe take up Megs offer and give her a call, might do you good. You don't live far from me either so if you ever wanted to catch up for a coffee or something and unload let me know.

Not much to report here. We just taking each day at a time. Trying to explain to Ash that FIL won't be getting better, she doesn't understand she keeps saying give him ice-cream and he'll be better, very sweet.

May 2007

I let E self settle in the cot. THen she usually does one sleep scycle, then cries and wants up. I try and resettle, but for no longer than 20 mins. Then get her up, and put her back when she is tired again. She has been doing up to 2 hours in the morning, but the afternoons, the max I get is about 40 mins.

E doesn't roll or do anything like that. I hope she isn't lagging behind.

Oh well - you can take Millie next week AJP.

OP - Get better quick.

Nai - Gl;ad it is getting smaller, and you don't ahve to go down the path we had to with J.

Hi everyone else.
    Laura have a good break from BB

BellyBelly Member

Apr 2007
    In my own little world!!!

Hi Everyone!

I know I say it everytime I post ...but gosh I wish I could get on here more! It is so reassuring to read similar things going on for others and their bubs!

DH has had a late start today so I get the laptop for a bit yippee!!!

Anika is going great guns...sleeping from 8pm to 5am...making for one happy mummy! Has just found her hands and sucks them like nothing on earth...but I figure she would still scream if she was hungry...right??? And with that...she's awake and wanting the boob 'sigh'...oh to be able to do a decent post!!! Exxx

Apr 2008

Heaven-how did you go this morning with Grace in the bassinette? Its hard isnt it. I have actually set up our portacot in the lounge room and have been putting Ash down in there during the day. she seems to sleep better where there is the noise of me passing through or the tv.
    Nai-That must be a relief that Miss J's belly button is finally on the mend. Cant believe she is rolling already!!!
    OP-Hope you get better. I think you can take nurofen or panadol to ease the pain. I think some nasals are okay as well.
    Jols-waht do they do at baby play?
    Shell- Is is hard to explain. Maybe a book might help. I cant think of one of the top oif my head but start a thread and I am sure someone will help with suggestions on how to explain it to children in ways they understand. Big hugs to you and glad you got some sleep.
    Holly- Big to you. We are all here for you.
    Megie- DD is the same with her sleeps during the day as E. She doesnt self settle yet though. I think that will take awhile for us.
    Ellie- That is great she is doing so well. Does she wake for an overnight feed at all?
    Kaz- how are you? Glad you are getting out more now.
    to everyone else.
    AFM-today i have caught up on all the washing, shopping, did some cooking, cleaning and even had a bath this arvo while Miss A was asleep so I am now in my pj's for the rest of the day and am putting my one foot up (the other is bouncing A in the bouncer) and relaxing!

Add mhami on Facebook

Feb 2008
    Melbourne

Just want to say HELLO ELLIE! Have been thinking about you often and wondering how you are. Great to hear Anika is going well. Your old belly buddies are still going on another forum. Can PM you the link if you want it.

Hello everyone else. MM and OP - Posy doesn't fancy tummy time much either.

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Holly, where in Melbourne are you? Let me know if you do need anything, like Meg I am happy to travel if you need anything.

Ellie, great to hear from you. It sounds like Anika is doing great!

Ali, I hope you got to relax a bit.

AFM - I am stuck at home today with a sick DD1 who has a bad cough. Thank goodness for ABC Kids!! Miss J slept last night from 7.30pm to 6.30am woohoo!!! I woke hourly from 3am to check that she was still breathing - d'oh!

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Morning all

Still feeling average today... have developed a cough, nice. Trying so hard not to cough or breathe too much on DD... I'm finding it very hard to be enthusiastic mummy today, when she got up this morning I put her in the bouncer and let her talk to her toys... bad mummy! Need to be more interactive... DH is only doing a half day which is good, he can play with DD and look after her when he gets home.

Nai, hope DD1 is feeling better soon. I'm terrified that I've made Isabel sick - not sure how I'll deal with that! So jealous of the sleeping, what a great effort!

Ali - I'm still in my PJs at the moment, think I'll stay here for the whole day. Feels a bit decadent sometimes!

Meg, sounds like our house - morning is pretty good, but afternoon generally only one sleep cycle.

Shell, I second the book idea, at my local library they have "situation" books that can be used to help explain difficult situations. Maybe check that out?

Ellie - what great sleeping!

Hi to everyone else!

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

OP - I hope you feel better soon! DD1 keeps breathing on Miss J and sticking her fingers in her mouth - if Miss J doesn't get sick it will be a miracle!!

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Oh Nai how would you deal with both of them being sick??? I don't know what I would do!

Feb 2006
    melbourne

op i hope your colds gets better soon! isabel probably wont get it as your body will make antibodies to it an pass them through your milk!!

nai hope G gets better as well, and keeps her fingers to herself!!! hows J's belly button?

ali sounds like youve been a busy beever!!!!

ellie awsesome sleeps there!!!!!

shell poor ashleigh it must be hard for her to understand

meg hows J's nightmares going?

hi sara, mhami, amy, holly.... hope i didnt forget anyone!

were off to the nurse this morning for weigh in will post aftert whta she weighs!
    millie slept from 6.45-4.30 fed and is still asleep at 8.20!

Apr 2008

I had Ashlyn weighed, etc yesterday.
    She is now 5.35Kg, 59cm long and 40cm Head circ.
    She has put on 600g in 3 weeks. The MCHN seemed happy with that.
    Ashlyn also laughed this morning. So cute!

OP- how are you feeling today?
    Nai- How did J go last night? Hopefully she slept through again. I had a chat to Miss A this morning and asked her to sleep through.
    Jols- SOunds like some good sleep over your way as well!

Good Morning to everyone else! Hope you all have good days!

Feb 2006
    melbourne

back from the nurse!
    millie is 5.860g up 610g in 4 weeks
    61cm long
    39.3 head!!

i also had to wake her at 9am to feed and go to the appointment and she was so ready for bed again at 10am shes obviously having a growth spurt!!

ETA ohhh ali great stats!!

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

Can I ask how long on average everones bubs sleep overnight between feeds? I feel like I'm the only one waking every 4hrs still. Last night I tried dreamfeed at 10:00, made no difference, fed at 1am.
    Another question how many feeds are they all having in 24hrs? We still have 7-8 feeds.
    I need more sleep!

... 4567816 ...