... 3456715 ...

thread: Babies Born~February 16th-28th 2009 #4

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

He took his dad out in a wheelchair to the footy friday night and it hit him then about how unwell his dad is and he just not really coping. His dad much same, very weak and lethargic and gets quite vague at times but he enjoyed the footy apparently, I knew the Bombers would win for him.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

awww shell that gave me goosebumps it was a great win and im glad he was there to witness it. must be hard for DF to see his dad deteriorate so quickly

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Happy Mothers' Day to all!!

Shell, big hugs to you Bit of a hard time for you and DF. Hope your day isn't too bad without DF.

You asked about vax a while back, Isabel was really unsettled after the vax for a few days, grizzly and grumpy and had extremely pooey nappies too. She was in my arms on Anzac Day while we watched the footy with my fam and some people and she filler her nappy so loudly that everyone could hear, even over the footy! It'll pass...

AJP, I have no idea how you are doing it - two kids, low iron, you poor thing! I'm exhausted and I've only got one and normal iron... Hope you are feeling better soon!

Meg - how is little E today? Hope she is being a good girl for you on Mothers' Day.

Nai, sounds like J is going really well! Isabel is still working on her neck... the baby chiro has helped but she has to build the strength... How cute about the two of them interacting and DD2 watching DD1!

Det - glad you got some sleep!!

SJ, woot on the new car! Hope DD settles a bit better for you - I feel your pain

Someone asked about sleeping bags - we've got Isabel in a Grobag, 0-6mth size. Its almost to small for her - tight around the neck, lol, fatty bub!

AFM: Isabel is sleeping better at night, only waking twice, once around 11pm-1am, then again around 3am-5am. DH has been getting her up then when she wakes around 7am and when she goes back down she sleeps til around 9am.

I'm hoping the first wake up time will start to move back, last night was 1.15am, and maybe she'll only wake once.

Had people over for lunch and dinner for my and DH's bdays, looooooong day that started at 7am with cleaning

I'm a bit sick too so feeling pretty average for my first mothers' day, ah well!

Jan 2008
    in my head

Hi girls - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you all!!!

Wow there's been a lot of chat - seems like heaps to catch up on!

Det - whoohoo on finally sleeping! Levi sounds too cute.
    Shell - Hope your day has been ok without your DP. It's such a tough time for him but sounds pretty tough for you too. Take care. With the shots, J was great on the day of the shots - sleeping and eating really well but he turned full-moon ferral the following day and we've had a few periods of ferral each day since.
    OP - That's great that Isabel is sleeping better at night now and about the poo! J has had two poos escape his nappy in the past 2 days - one was a sposie and one was cloth so it made no difference what type it was. Wonder if it's related to the shots he had last week?
    Heaven - Yay on the new car!! We bought a new car before J was born because we weren't all going to fit in my old one. They're great.
    Meg - I really hope E settled for you soon after your post. That's a long time to be awake and for you to cope with screaming - hope you're having a much better day today!
    AJP - Slow down darl!! I know that's probably not possible but you need to find ways to take it easy and rest a little. Maybe push to get your iron levels checked sooner? They could be decreasing again
    Nai - Where do you read about the wonder weeks? Have you got a specific book or is there an article in BB? I hope J settles at night better soon!

Who have I forgotten? Hi to everyone else!! Ali I hope you're having a good weekend away.

AFM - DP asked me what I wanted for mothers day and I said more sleep so he got up for the early morning feed this morning and gave J EBM and I got to stay in bed and sleep in to 8:30am!!! It was doubly good because he'd topped up J with a small bottle before he put him down for the night so I was in bed for about 12 hours and only had to get up once for the middle of the night feed!! I got about 5 hours straight sleep in that time and the rest was broken. Feeling awesome today and we even managed to get a good walk in, even though the weather here is pretty crap today. DP is even cooking me dinner too!

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

Kaz- send him over my way! Lol.

Mar 2007

I hope everyone had a lovely mothers day!!!! I did!! DH is so cute, got DD to do some scribbles on my card, hahaha.

meg- for you today with DH going back to work. Hmm...sounds like here at the moment, DD is not sleeping well during the day at all!! Just wants to be awake!! Will wake up after only 30 mins and scream until I get her up!!
    shell- yeah, i don't think the minister will be able to check anyway, she's only meeting them 1/2hr before the service. I hope Em's feeling better after her needles.
    Nai- a ford falcon, it's really nice, feels a bit flash for us after our little barina, pmsl. Feel like a family now we have a family car. DD is the opposite!! Getting worse with day sleeps and better with night. I don't know what's going on but she's really hard to keep asleep in the day I almost have to rock her the whole time!!!!!!!!!!!
    AJP- ooh....I have to look into swimming lessons. DD has the cutest pair of swimmers!! haha. Someone bought them for her. They're so tiny she's probably grown out of them already and hasn't even worn them!
    det- Glad to hear the sleep has improved again!!
    OP- Your nights sound pretty much the same as mine, last night DD woke at 1.15 and 4.15. Thought 2 night ago she only woke once!!!!!! Bliss. I wish it would happen again!
    kaz- yay on the sleep in! I got one too, was so good!

Well DD still will not sleep anywhere but the HAB during the day and I'm over it!! The last few days she hasn't even wanted to sleep at all!! Wakes up after 30 mins and is so restless when sleeping. Why does she sleep fine in the basinette at night but not in the day?? I can't put her down she wakes up straight away. And if I do manage to put her down she will be awake again after 30mins. She seems to go into a deep sleep at night when I feed her to sleep but she won't feed to sleep in the day!! Arrgggggghhhhhhhhh..........what do I do!!!!!!!!! I want to be able to have a nap myself!

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Shel - I hope you have a better day, it's hard to have a special day when there's other things going on

Kaz - the Wonder Weeks is a book about your baby and their weekly development across their first year. It tells you which weeks they are likely to be fussy, grumpy and unsettled. 11-12 weeks is a "wonder week" where they are likely to be fussy and sleep less.

Miss J has a new routine and it is not my favourite - she goes down at 7.30pm, wakes at 12.30am and again at about 5am. So I just get back to sleep and DP's alarm goes off at 6am and DD1 wakes up about 6.30am so I am basically now waking at 5am and not getting back o sleep Miss J on the other hand goes back down and sleeps until 7.30 again! She's not bothered by the other stuff.

I had a lovely Mother's Day - DP and the girls let me sleep until 8.15am (big sleep in!) and cooked me an omlette for breakfast. Then we drove to Ballarat to see my Mum and then back through Sunbury to see DP's mum and then to friends house where we opened a bottle of Pommery (real French champagne) which was a lovely way to end the day. I got some new runners from the girls and will try them out at the gym today.

Have to run - got to go to the Dr AGAIN for Miss J's granuloma. I just wish it would go away once and for all. I hope she doesn't have to have surgery like your little man Meg.

Mar 2007

I just changed DDs nappy and there was a bit of blood in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf????

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

Could you see where it was coming from? Was it in her poo? I would call your MHCN straight away.

Mar 2007

Yeah it was like mixed in with the poo. Not much of it. She doesn't have nappy rash at the moment or anything. She does strain a lot when she poos though but I don't know why, how can it be hard to get out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jul 2008
    S.E. Melbourne

Heaven definitely check that out!

Hi everyone, haven't had time to read all the posts sorry! Just quickly, not having a very good run here. L has bronchiolitis, been havibg coughing fits and coughing up his feeds and having a hard time breathing! My little sister has pneumonia and has been admitted to the Children's and my other sister is suffering really badly with a panic/anxiety disorder and has done something really bad and is in trouble with the law and is being held in remand Really sh*t mother's day!

Will try and pop in again soon. Hope you're all well and had a good mother's day xox

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Hi all

Isabel slept last night from 7.30pm through til we put her in the car to come home at 11pm, she went back to sleep once we got home and slept through til 3am! That's almost 8 hours!!! Amazing!

Here's hoping she can repeat it tonight... silly me didn't go to bed til midnight! Will definitely hit the sack earlier tonight...

SJ - sounds a bit scary, definitely get it checked out!! Hope it has settled down by now. Sucks about the day sleeping, would you consider getting a sleep consultant person in??? They might be able to help!

Holly, you poor thing, what a difficult time I hope you found some joy somewhere in the day.

Nai - sounds like a great one! Nice french champers! Hope Miss J's granuloma is ok after the Doctor today.

Kaz - sounds like a nice Mother's Day in your camp as well. Good work on the sleep in!

Hi to everyone else!

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2007

Det - gulp on the lack of sleep.. we are in week 12 this week.. I'm going to runaway!!

Hope you all had a good mother's day..
    DS has been clingy today, just got him in the bouncer, but he's not happy about it... sigh.. maybe the 12 week thing is starting.

Apr 2008

Hi girls just got back from the gold coasT! Been a busy 5 days! Ashlyn was pretty good in the car. On the way up she only cried without me being able to console her for the last half hour and on the way back she was a star and slept most of the way, now I jsut have to get to sleep tonight! Wish me luck with that.

She was a star up there and was so good for my parents when DP and I went out for my sisters 21st!

You girls have done so much talking so npot sure if I am going to be able to catch up but have been thinking of you all.

Now I have to get back into routine here and have a stack of washing, groceries, cooking, etc to catch up on!! It will ahve to wait until tomorrow as I am buggered!

May 2007

Ali - Glad she went well.

Holly - I'm a little worried about you, as I also chat on the other thread. I really hope you are getting enough support. I know bubs isn't well, but I am concerned about YOUR health as well. Please pm me if you want a chat. I am happy to give you my number for a call, or come to your house, as I know you don't drive. I don't mind travelling.

tarkine- hope the clingyness is short lived.

OP here's hope for a repeat performance tonight.

Heaven - do you have cracked or bleeding nipples at all? E had blood in her poo, as she had done damage to one of my nipples. I just didn't realise that she had until close inspection. Did you call the MCHN?

I am flying solo tonight as DH is back at work. He will be home around 9am tomorrow. So far I have 2 kids in bed, but I am dreading them waking in the night. J still has nightmares, and my worst fear is that he starts crying while I am feeding. Then I am not sure what I will do?\

ETA - I meant to ask. Does anyone else's bub HATE tummy time? Seriously I get about 1 minute out of her before she cries hysterically, and i have to go rescue her. She will never learn rolling skills at this rate, nor will she develop her neck muscles like she is supposed to.

Feb 2008
    Down Under

Hi everyone,
    Im taking up BB's offer to get banned for couple of days.
    I REALLY REALLY need to catch up on a few things and give the kids some attention!
    Hope all is well with everyone, will catch up when i get back xx

Apr 2008

I will miss you laura but I'll catch up with you on FB

Feb 2008
    Down Under

lol it would be hard to miss me, ive been pretty slack with coming in here lately

Anyone feel free to add me on FB
    my name is Laura Beere

ETA: Ali - Glad to hear you had a good break! I forgot to tell you about that 'THING' its all good...

... 3456715 ...