... 89101112 ...

thread: Babies Born~February 1st-15th 2009 #2

Jun 2008

Hey everyone,

We are doing good but still going through our growth spurt. We had one night of rest but last night we were back to it again and then missy decided that she had enough sleep at 5am! am buggered but all good. I'm definately getting more milk although not sure if I will ever be back to her not being supplemented, which I am ok with, as long as she is getting some BM, she's still getting goodness. Her Godfather was around today and he loves her to bits, she is sooooooo cute!

Alrighty, kitchen to clean..yay! NOT

Mxx

Jun 2008

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, she won't go to sleep , WHY??

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Moose: You're not alone. Oliver has been fighting sleep all afternoon/evening. I'm so exhausted from trying to get him off to sleep.

Jun 2008

everytime I think she is going off, it is only followed by more crying...and I have a nice hot bath waiting for me...probably not so hot anymore...the joys of motherhood

Go to bed Oli and Sammy!!

Add Dansta on Facebook Follow Dansta On Twitter

Jul 2008
    a slice of paridise, victoria

ello ladies!
    Aww sterla & moose...Daz has stolen your bubs good sleeping-ness! he's slept more today the normal! haha moose, maybe get into the bath with sammy? maybe that'll relax her?

we went and looked at cars today. found one i LOOOVED but its a little more $$ then we can afford. we saw another one i kinda liked, that DH LOVED but i was a little "meh" about, but we've since looked into it and its not worth the $$ the dealer was asking. but its fun looking! daz is alseep and i've haveing a quiet drink on my own (DH is alseep! too lol!) and i've forgotten how much vodka can go to my head...and its only a can of UDL (i'm drinking this 'cus everything else has caffeen in it!)

Hope every one has a wonderful night!

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Another quiet weekend for our group. How was everyone's weekend?

Moose: I hope Sammy's sleeping settled down. Oliver's sleeping wasn't very good over the weekend. He'd been getting really good at going off to sleep on his own recently, but then the last few days we've gone backwards and I've had to resort to rocking him to sleep again, which I know is bad habit to get into. I'm in a bit of a difficult situation in that I need to get Oliver used to his cot (cause he's almost outgrown the bassinet), I want him to get used to falling asleep on his own too... but doing this in amongst trying to move house and changing Oliver's surroundings is difficult. I did manage to get Oliver off to sleep this morning without rocking him to sleep though - I just stood over him singing the same lullaby over and over till he drifted off. Anyway, I hope you're not feeling too exhausted or sleep deprived.

Blip: That's great that Daz was having a good sleep! Glad you had fun looking at cars! You won't know yourself in a big new car! I bet you'll find one soon enough.

AFM: Well, the repainting has begun at our new house! Thursday through Sunday was busy with my DH, MIL, Dad and various other helpers cleaning and painting the house. The main colour has been finished, and today my Dad and MIL are putting the first coat on the feature walls. The main colour is a bit different to what we thought - a lot closer to white than we were expecting, but it still looks good. It's brightened the house up so much, and looks really clean and fresh. Besides, once we have the feature walls painted there will be a nice splash of colour, so that will be good. DH finds out today when carpet will be put in, and once we know that we'll know when we're moving!!!
    I think it will probably be in a little over a week... mmm, better get stuck into some more packing I think

Oh, and Oliver has discovered how to blow raspberries! He's been making some new noises recently, but then I was at the supermarket with him on Friday and he started blowing proper raspberries! Frothy dribble was going everywhere, lol! It's such a funny, cute noise, and of course, now he wants to do it all the time!

We have a check-up this afternoon, so I'll post later on today. Hopefully he's still gaining and growing well.

Have a great day everyone .

Jul 2004

How cute about the raspberries Sterla! Goodluck with the packing.

I have just been lurking, too tired/sick/sore to post much.

Orson has been laughing a lot now, its so cute. He's such a chatterbox too, always babbling something or other.

Not much else happening really.

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Hey Antheia, that sucks about you still being sick. You've had such a bad go with all that, I hope you're feeling better soon . That's great about Orson laughing heaps! I've discovered a couple of good ways to get Oliver to laugh - I even got him to laugh for my mum and sister over the weekend. They hadn't heard/seen him laugh before. Look after yourself .

Feb 2009
    On the couch.

Oh my god someone make the screaming stop!!!!!!!!!!!

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Peach:

Jul 2004

Know what you mean today Peach!

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Hugs all around then!

Actually, after a hard weekend, Oliver is being an angel today - he's fallen asleep on his own twice today - no rocking required !

I hope everyone's bubbas are behaving themselves!

Add Dansta on Facebook Follow Dansta On Twitter

Jul 2008
    a slice of paridise, victoria

ello ladies!

sterla: aww about rasberrys! thats soo cute! as for the slobber...just think - its only just starting! and YaY for painting. glad to hear its going well (and not ending up like daz's room did! haha) i think around now bubs do get unsettled...developmental thing (i may be wrong) but your good if oli can sleep on his own. daz still falls alseep in my arms cus i know they'll come a time when he wont want to!

Anthiea : i hope you're feeling better and healing up! you've had a bad trot havent you?

Peach: i hope things have calmed down for you! daz had a night like that last night...which ment a lot of cuddles and trying to feed him for 2hrs...i hope you're doing ok

AFM: semi busy weekend this weekend. went car shopping saterday and sunday was my mums b;day so we went over there. my nan (so Daz's grate nan) was there too. she had a fall and hurt her hand real bad i think mum was takeing her to the hospital today to have her hand x-raied. (she's 89 btw) where as today daz had a phiyso appt. which was stupid she wants me to make daz more 'aware' he has two hands and two feet (im sorry but WHY...i thought he'd find 'em on his own??) and then went shopping....we've got a 60's and 70's theamed birthday party at the end of this month and an op shop had a 50% off sale...well...i didnt know that till i got there and LORDY was it busy! but i did pick up a funky hippy moo-moo type thing for myself and a funky shirt for DH...nothing quite as cute for daz so im going to get some jeans for him and bleach part of them and maybe even put holes in them (he'll have a jump sute on uder it lol) so he can be a 'hippy' too! any one have any ideas how to make cottonwool stick to ones face? im wanting to give DH some sexay mutton chops LOL and need them to be fluffy (plus buy an afro!...any one whoes got me on FB would know that DH looks like he should have a 'fro lol) tomorrow i see my GP for motillum tabs...and hopefully after DH is home tomorrow we'll go look at another car...im thinking im going to go more for a wagon then a sedan...but thats cus i'll be able to see where the bum of my car ends LOL
    i better go cook tea before daz wakes up and DH walks in the door (the poor thing had to work a 12hr day!)

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Blip: That sounds cool about the themed party! I bet Daz will look awesome, and you and your DH as well of course! I'll look forward to seeing some pics on FB!

Peach and Antheia: How did your bubs go today? End up settling? I hope so.

AFM: Oliver had his check up. He'd only gained 140g over two weeks, but he had also grown 2cm - so he's now 6.42kg and 64cm long. That's his smallest gain so far, but he still seems happy and settled, and he did grow 2cm, so I hope everything is still going well and he's getting enough milk.

Oliver and I went over to the new house and got to see all the feature walls - they all look great - I'm really happy with the colours. DH is actually hoping we can move over the long weekend, so we could be in our new house this time next week! Gee... I really better get packing!

Feb 2009
    On the couch.

Good morning Girls,
    Sorry Ive been slack on the posting front and once again this will probably be brief as Winter only cat naps during the day and Im expecting her awake within the next ten mins!
    Sterla- That is so exciting that your house is almost ready! I bet you cant wait to move in! That is so cute about Oli blowing rasberries! Do you have to have a bib on him full time now for the drool?

Blip-Thats so bad about your Nan, is she going to be ok? Hope you go good at the gp today. Wagons are awesome too, thats what we have and its so handy for the pram and the rest of the rubbish us mums like to take everywhere lol

Antheia- Lets run away to the land of no-screaming-children together I looove your ticker photo of Orson too, everytime I see it it makes me smile I bet he has the funniest laugh

Moose- Hows everything with you? Is Sammy sleeping better now??

*sigh* I almost jumped of the balcony head first at one point yesterday as Im sure you could have gathered by my post! Aaaages ago when I was heavily pregnant DP and I were walking back from the bus into our complex when a lovely girl pulled up in her car and offered us a lift to our house(we live at top of big hill and id just bought a rocker) turns out she has a bub too and everytime i would see her drive past after that she would always stop and say hi and offer me to come visit... so yesterday I was at breaking point so decided to get out of the house and visit her and Im so glad I did...its funny how just having the support from other mums makes such a big difference. Really cutting a short story long here arent I??

So guess what happened last night?? Winter slept through for the first time!! I couldnt believe it, woke up a bunch of times freaking out and honestly it was so painful by the time she woke up and fed (at 6.30), just like when my milk first came in.

More news! DP and I went to look at a house yesterday morning(rental) and we applied for it and we were told we would hear back this morning, so fingers crossed! Its a wicked 3 bedroom with big back yard so we can get a dog and let the white devil(our cat) out to play...

Hope everyone is well

Feb 2009
    On the couch.

Just got a call from the real estate, we got our application approved! WOOHOO!

Feb 2008
    Down Under

i am such a bad baby buddy

peach congrats that is fantastic!!!!!

Feb 2009
    On the couch.

Sorry... have we spoken before Raver? dont think Ive seen you on here...
    Hahaha just kidding, thanks im so excited!

... 89101112 ...