Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~March 16th-31st 2009 #5

FW - It's horrid! I'm hoping that the last incisor will come through soon.

Mo. Hope Kodi gets better soon and you have an answer to why this is happening.

We've bought DD a mini wooden piano, a vtech karaoke machine (she LOVES to sing!), a play doh set, etcha sketch, tea set, duplo, dvds and some more bath toys. We spoil her at Christmas, because we don't buy her any toys throughout the year, just keep some aside and pull them out as the year goes on. She loves anything musical, sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star ("Winkle winkle ittle tar") and dances to the first hint of music, so DH and I are a bit excited about the karaoke machine! Stocking ideas.....maybe bubbles, pretty hair ties/clips (oh I'd kill to have DD's hair long enough to tie up - she has tight curls that will NEVER grow!!!), my little ponies?? Ahhhh, I love long Christmas layby!

We've put DD into a bed now, converted her cot into it but she's still having problems sleeping. I finally got her back into a daytime nap, but whenever she has it, she won't go to bed until around 11.30pm and it's killing me. I'm thinking of dodging the nap again. What would you do?

PRMG - Great to hear you are trying a bed now. My friend with same age bub has her boy in a bottom bunk and going well.
    Chesh - Sorry to hear K is so sick! Hope things are on the improve. Christmas - we have bought her a doll as she loves them. Probably will let everyone else spoil her.
    Kell - so good to hear all is going well for you! I hope the tiredness improves soon.
    JM - Wow congratulations! Sooo sticky vibes to you.

On the terrible threes - they are all so different. My number 1 son had bad terrible 2s and number 2 never had any bad phase at all (in comparison I guess at the time) and is an incredibly nice teenage boy - finishing VCE at the mo and lovely always. Miss T is already headbutting (yes PRMG I know it is horrible!) and lies down but doesnt scream when she is not happy.
    On TT - my boys naturally TT at exactly 3 years - Miss T knows her potty and toilet seat but refuses to use them properly yet. She will sit on them for fun but no action here!
    On BF - T is still on the breast believe it or not (after having long breaks) as she has had cold after cold all winter and I cant force weaning during illness. She says she is a "baby"!!! I say "you are a big girl" she shakes her head.
    Sorry to those I havent responded to but cant remember all the messages as a long time MIA.
    I am actually trying to learn Facebook at the moment. Still dont fully get it I have to say. So if you want to add me PM me and I will correspond that way.

MG Kodi is the same, so she very rarely naps now. Usually she is having too much fun With Maddi to even think about a nap lol

SP Yay for FB will PM you my details

Hi Girls! How is everybody? It's been a bit quiet in here

We have been sick for over a week now, vomiting, colds and conjunctivitis and all of us sick at the same time which hasn't been pretty. On the mend now though so hopefully things can get back to normal, we've been spending way too much time at home inside in front of the tv.

SP - Love your photos on FB, T is looking so grown up

MG - Have you tried eliminating the day sleep? Sometimes A is fine without one and other times she definately needs it. Although she's been having one every day since she's been sick, sometimes up to 3 hours (usually only about 1 1/2) and then goes to bed around 9.

Mo - How is Kodi going now? Is she still sick or has it settled down? I'm thinking of you, you've got a lot on your plate at the moment.

For christmas A is getting some Dr Seuss books, a chairs and table set for outside, a hooded towel, some new pj's, some lunch punch sandwich cutters (playgroup qld has them on special on their website at the moment if anyone is interested) My parents are giving her an art easel and we'll probably get some paint sticks to go with it.

Big W has awesome bubble wands for 98c if you're looking for stocking fillers

Hi!

FW - We did ditch the daytime nap a while ago, but it coincided with her having really broken sleep at night, so I tried to introduce it again. Now it doesn't matter if she has it or not, she's not heading to bed unless its between 10 and 12 each night Doesn't matter what we do. Its so frustrating. The other night she dozed off at 9.15 and I was so excited, but the two nights since, its been late again. She sleeps really late in the mornings though so she's getting her full night sleep, but I need to get her up earlier so she'll hopefully go to bed earlier. Problem is...I'm not waking up till late either. I hope you're all better soon

She's just making us laugh at the moment, coming out with words like gorgeous and beautiful (which she says as Teautiful). We're watching our swear words around here!

We fell into that exact same cycle and were sleeping in til 9 most mornings. We broke the cycle by not having a day sleep, then going to bed early and then getting up early the next day. That morning we went to playgroup so she was really tired and went down for an earlier nap and I started waking her up if she slept past 2 and then bed about 8pm.

The problem was that I was used to staying up late because I liked to have a bit of wind down time after she was asleep and then I didn't want to get up early either! Now we get up between 6.30 and 7 each morning.

Might be worth a try

I am loving watching Alexandra's vocabulary grow every day too. Her favourite phrase is Hi Daddy, How's your day? It is so so cute.

Kodi is doing better thanks for asking.

We do the same as FW, Girls are usually in bed by 6:30-7:30pm but are usually up at 6:30am.
    Neither girl has naps anymore.

FW - Sorry that you have all been so sick. I hope you are seeing clear of it now! A shame to be inside when the weather is finally improving. Yes I have found early to bed and early to rise works for T. She still has a nap at midday though. She really needs it.
    PRMG - do you let your girl cry a bit when she goes down to bed? T always cries for about 1/2 a minute now but settles quickly. If she wakes I never go straight to her and let her cry for a few mins. If she is getting worked up I go to her but then cuddle and back to bed. Mostly she goes back to sleep after a quick cry. I know some babies are trickier of course so not trying to sound like I have all the answers.
    Chesh - How are your wedding plans going? I hope your girls are well.

Love the chatter. New words every day. Isnt it great when they can tell you what is wrong or what they want?!

SP - We've tried letting her cry, but she gets worse and worse, finally eventuating into those horrid hiccupy cries that continue when shes asleep. I'm happy (for want of a better word) enough to let her have a grizzle, wish that's all it was. Last night she was in bed at 7.15 after avoiding the nap! Today I went on a massive walk and she slept the entire time, so she's still up, but quiet. She's lying on the couch at the moment, lots of sighing going on. I think missing the nap is our key.

Mo - More massive

DD's sentences are getting better. She replaces all the middle words with "donna", so today it's been "Daddy donna work" - Daddy's gone to work, etc. She came out with "What's the matter" and "What's wrong" after she had a cry though, which was so funny.

Thanks Ladies for all the support in the other thread.

For those who haven't got plantium my Mum passed away Sunday, after having a stroke Tuesday morning. She put up a good fight & i was really lucky that i was there when she passed away. It was very sudden & we got no warning.

So sorry to hear this Mo i cant imagine losing my mum
    :-(
    Thinking of you at this diffulcult time

oh Mo I'm so so sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your mum, I can't even begin to imagine how you feel. praying for you all at this difficult and sad time xoxo

ok I know I've been missing for a few weeks but I've been soooo tired and sitting at the computer has been the last thing I wanted to do. But at least I can tell you the reason I'm so tired - I'm 14 weeks pregnant! yippee Bubba 2 is due on the 18th May 2011! I've been feeling really well aside from being very tired as I was last time (not helped by the fact I'm just not sleeping well...not Susie's fault, she's been sleeping through really well since about the time I got pregnant!).

Susie is growing up so fast, she's such a chatterbox, natter natter natter, and such a happy girl most of the time! We've worked out that she just needs one big sleep in the middle of the day, around 11am she crashes, so I make sure she has a big morning tea so she doesn't wake up cause she is hungry! She's then usually asleep by 8pm if she falls asleep in the afternoon though she's up till at least 9!
    She's also become a HUGE wiggles fan recently, we have 'Yummy Yummy' and "Wiggle Time" and she asks for them constantly lol! She also loves 'UpsyDaisy' from 'In the Night Garden' (such a strange show lol) and she walks around trying to skip all day long lol!

I haven't read through all the posts and caught up yet but I hope everyone is doing well and all baby's (in and out of tummy!) are doing well

Still thinking of you Mo hope you are okay

Congrats MrsC on your new baby - we are not far apart in dates it all pretty exciting i cant wait!
    Ive been so tired as well and haven't been on the computer at all by the time Ella is in bed im not far behind

Dora has infiltrated our house everything is Dora and boots and the wiggles are favs as well. we are off to the concert in December which i know she will love

Just one sleep a day here as well about 11.30 unless we are out the other day it was so late and she was up till all hours running around the house!

I cant believe they are heading towards 2 i dont know where the time has gone!

All is good here only 19 sleeps till our scan i cant wait to see bubs again i have been getting little kicks which i just love
    waiting for the 2nd trimister boost of energy which is eluding me

Better go bed is beckoning me

Congrats Aussie fantastic news.

Thanks for the thoughts ladies

oh a wiggles concert sounds fun! I've been thinking Susie will probably enjoy going to one in the near future too I've been feeling little movements too, not kicking but rolling and wriggling started feeling them much earlier than I did with Susie which is exciting!
    having a scan tonight (we didn't do the 12 week Downs test, but doc wants us to have an U/S just to make sure all is ok so doing that today!). Yay that its not long now till ur next scan! its so exciting isn't it!

Mrs_C - Congratulations!! Hope you're feeling okay! As for a Wiggles concert - the real deal is happening on December 4 at Rod Laver, but you can get into Dorothy the Dinosaur shows, usually at community centres and they go for about an hour. My DD is an In The Night Garden nut!!! But she's also fallen in love with Waybuloo and runs around saying Hi Hi often.

Mo - More Hope it all goes well in Sydney.

Hi to everyone else!

We have just taken DD's 20 month "family tradition" portrait, and we're thrilled with the results. She looks incredibly grown up in some of the photos, its scary. I've got an appointment with my ob in the middle of January to see about getting these fibroids removed - I have two that I think he'll say will have to come out. One is in the birth canal and is a huge issue - we weren't sure that DD would get past it for me to deliver naturally, and the positioning of it meant I couldn't have a normal c-section if she didn't get past it, it would have to be a vertical incision. She got through, but he said it'd have to be removed before we fell pg with another one. I think our plan is to have the fibroids removed, see that DH's business is stable throughout the year, and then maybe start trying at the end of next year. All a lot of maybe's though, so we'll see.

Congrats MrsAC.

Hope the weekend went ok Mo.

Are the pics on FB PRMG?? i want a peek at your little princess!

The service is on Friday, kinda dreading it but on the other hand i can't wait till it's over & i can just grieve without all the BS.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast