Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~March 16th-31st 2009 #5

I'm not stressing about TT just yet, Maddi was late to learn & it didn't bother me at all.
    K will come tell us when she has done poos etc... so i guess she'll TT earlier than Maddi.

Mo - Wow getting married! Great!! Best of luck with the preparations.
    Kell and MG - we havent had the chicken pox vax as T has had so many colds and stuff this winter and I was soooo over it that I didnt want to risk dealing with a reaction. We will go to the GP soon and have it though. I know chicken pox is one of those milestones that we all went through but I am with you Kell - some can die from it and in adulthood it is worse - shingles!!
    Measurements - HC - 47.1cm, Weight - 9540g, Length - 78.9cms So a very Tiny T we have eh!
    Too cute at this age. she walks her doll in the pram to the park and puts her on the swing and slide now. OMG kill me now its so amazing having a girl finally!!!!
    12 teeth. seems to be teething again at the moment.
    Goes to bed with short breast feed and 20 or so stories : )
    No waking overnight til between 6 and 7am. I dont go to her straight away if its too early and she talks to herself for a while. Day light savings is making things a bit tricky though.
    Sleeps 2 hours in mid day - thats all now. Goes down OK. If I am home she asks for the breast though.
    Doesnt eat many veggies! We all love our veggies and my boys ate them well. Mmmm. Too spoilt perhaps.
    Saying lots of words and recognises many more. Head butts us when she is frustrated!!!!!! Not good. Also throws her drink or food. May lie on the floor in protest but no crying. Not sooky. Very strong in personality though. Rambunctious at times. Hugs other kids very tightly and tackles them to the ground on occasion! Gentle with animals and walked the dog the other day.

Hey everyone! I had good intentions of coming back to do some personals but we ended up going on an impromptu holiday for DF's days off. It was nice to get away and have a few days of just the 3 of us.

I hope you girls down south are getting some nice weather. It is so hot here, we had the air con on today for the first time. Been to the swimming pool a few times last week and starting swimming lessons in a few weeks. A loves the water and to splash and kick.

MG - It must be so exciting having your DD so mobile and reaching so many new milestones. Especially the ones that seemed like they were never going to happen because of the brace.

We are still feeding to sleep here. A will absolutely not go to sleep anywhere except the car or in bed with boobie. It is a pain and I've been having a bit of trouble getting her to sleep during the day but it seems to be working out now. Waking up earlier around 7 with a 1.5-2hr nap about 12.30 and then bed around 8-9. She generally sleeps through depending on whether she has a day time nap.

Kell - Wow 10 weeks already, you're a quarter of the way there! We're undecided atm on when to start TTC #2. We have a potty but haven't really been forcing the issue. A likes to sit on it when I am running the bath and knows what it's for but isn't too keen on it. Maybe she'll prefer to go straight onto the toilet, I dunno.

Chesire - Looks like M had an awesome time on her b'day. I bet K had a great time too!

JF - Hope you are feeling better. You must be pretty coordinated to put the carrier on and put Immy into it in the middle of the night. If I woke up completely it would take me forever to get back to sleep I reckon.

SP - A loves her vegies! Carrots and sweet potato are her favourites, followed by peas and mashed potato. We have a very stubborn personality here too which can be difficult sometimes, but I figure at least she won't be bossed around by other kids and hopefully won't end up too bossy herself. She was being so gentle with the animals up until recently when she pulled the cat's tails because they were trying to walk away from her and has started trying to mount the dogs pretending that they are horses.

MrsC - Hi! I'm glad that you have the allergy thing under control. We have been really lucky so far. I would hate for A to develop an allergy to nuts, it seems so common these days. Good luck with TTC!

JM - Hope you had a nice holiday back in Oz. I bet it feels like a distant memory now though. Good luck TTC!

Hope I haven't missed anyone

Congratulations on your pending wedding Mo!! You must be excited

SP - T sounds so cute! Love that she walked the dog!! We had two dogs but DD is happy to talk to them and look at them, but she doesn't like to touch them, which is lucky for the dogs I suppose!

FW - We're still so amazed at the physical things DD is doing. It's great!

Yesterday, we had our first public tantrum, and boy it was enormous. A BB member gave me Titanic tickets for the museum, so off we went. Got there, had something to eat, DD had a wander around outside, no issues whatsoever. She was laughing and playing, all good. Put her in her pusher, still fine, queued up and went into the exhibition. She got a bit restless in the first room so we picked her up and she was okay. Started in the second room and she started to grizzle. By the third room, she was screaming, kicking, headbutting. In a museum of all places!!!!! Nothing we could do would settle her, took her to the previous room, and she got worse, so we had to go back out the entrance and leave. Got to the car, she's screaming, I'm crying, into the car, and five minutes down the road, the ratbag is asleep. I was so disappointed that I didn't get to see the exhibition, been nagging DH since May. But when I got home, he gave me some money so I could rebook the tickets, so we're going to try again (minus DD!!!).

hi all! sorry, everytime I tried to get here via the link it wouldn't work and I didn't have enough time to find it manually! Kell - yay on the news everything is going well!! wooohoo!!

We're still rocking Susie to sleep at night, some nights I just get her close and she falls asleep in the cot, but most nights we wait till shes just fallen asleep then pop her in bed. day time she just hops in her cot, pops the thumb in, music goes on and sometime in the next 10 - 30 minutes amidst chatter she falls asleep!

we're not planning on doing the chicken pox vaccine. I haven't seen any proof it actually works, they have no idea how long it lasts for, and the majority of the time its worse the older you are. I know a family with 6 kids - 3 had vaccine, 3 didnt, all had the chicken pox as bad as the other! not that I've heard anything bad about the vaccine, and we've done all the others, but think we'll give this one a miss

Hi chicks,

Wedding Mo. Massive congratulations! xxxx

Thanks Fuzzywuzzy. Tis but a distant memory, i'll be back in Dec for U2 though!

Kell- No TT'ing here although she has a nappy off most of the day and does take herself to the potty sometimes, mainly following her sister. Lu was over 2 and TT quite easily, so i'm in no hurry. But if you think Ella is ready, go for it.

everyone else

JM - Jealous much for U2!!! My all time favourite group. I got to see them the last time they were here, so fantastic. Have a blast!

Hi to everyone!

Decided to get DD's chicken pox vacc. I thought about it so much I was an anxious mess when we were there, and she didn't even flinch. Glad the next lot of vaccs aren't for a long time now.

Thanks Ladies, thought it was about time we made it official

JM will u be back in Oz by the time Lu starts school? Hard to believe our 2 big girls will be starting school in 2 & a bit years.

For those in Vic will you be sending your little on off to school when they are 4 going on 5 or 5 going on 6?

Yeah i can't wait for U2, should be great.

Mo- that is the worlds hardest thing i think. We will be under NSW if the girls start school here, so wont be starting prep until 2013. If we're in Vic, i think i will see how the girls are going. I was always the youngest but didn't have any problems socially or academically. But there are pretty strong arguments for delaying entry.

Yeah i can't wait for U2, should be great.

Mo- that is the worlds hardest thing i think. We will be under NSW if the girls start school here, so wont be starting prep until 2013. If we're in Vic, i think i will see how the girls are going. I was always the youngest but didn't have any problems socially or academically. But there are pretty strong arguments for delaying entry.

JM i was always the youngest at as well, being born June 15th & the school cut off June 30th. I think i did fine at school
    Guess i'll wait and see how she does at 4yr old kinder.

Why you moving to NSW? Why can't you move to outer east Vic, we have plenty of farms out our way!

The school here in PNG runs under the NSW curriculum.

Ohhhh that makes sense then lol.

I'd prefer to hold DD back till she's 5 going on 6. But we'll reasses I guess when she hits kinder! Scary thought!

Ella will be 4 almost 5 in qld for prep seems so young
    To go to school. My brother struggled his whole
    School life mum and dad always wished they'd waited till he was 5 turning 6
    He was march baby

Junglemum are you holding out on us ummm I see you in a new group
    I clicked on the wrong thread just before and saw your name
    In there!!!!
    Anyway CONGRATS I'm so happy for you

Thanks Kell. I've had a couple of m/c in the past so i hate telling people!

AHHH! Congrats Junglemum!

Kell - That's my reasoning too. My brother turned 5 in the April, and struggled - even a teacher told mum that it would've been better if he had been held back the extra year (but that was when he was in year 8 so it would've been good to know way before then )

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast