Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Babies born~September 16th-30th 2010 #1

Woooooooo Buzzie..How exciting!!!!! There are some nice houses out this way...especially in Pakky

Dory-Hope all is well with your cat today, pricey to get them all fixed but soooo worth it!

Wite - we are going to 5 inspections tomorrow in pakenham lol the houses are GORGEOUS!!

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one from me today. We've finally re-established our routine after being away. She's sleeping from about 7/8pm through to 5/6am with a bit of a grizzle at 2/3am to ask for her dummy back.

She's perfect lol

I'm having a bit of a downer day today. I know it's silly but I've started feeling like a bit of a failure for having a C-section and not having the drug-free natural birth I wanted as my daughters introduction to the world. I'm feeling pretty bummed/disappointed that I wasn't with her for her first hour or so of life. I've popped myself over to the C-Sect support area on here and I'm reading through a lot of the threads there.

Newborn snuggles for all..

Hey, that's a question... when do our bubs stop being newborns and start being babies? lol

Hi guys,

Sorry bout the meltdown the other day. I had visited a friend and her baby (16 wks old) was wide awake but started to show tired signs so she picked him up, put him in his cot and left him and he was asleep like 2 minutes later. Then reading lots of other peoples notes about babies sleeping through the night..well it all pushed me over the edge! I was like 'WHY ISNT CHLOE DOING THIS> WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Well now things are a little better. Still not great but hoping we will get there. She does sleep well during the day which is a plus. 2 x 1 hour sleeps and 1 x 2 hour sleep. But she wont go to sleep on her own - i have to hold her until she sleeps. Last night was a little better 7pm - dreamfeed at 10:30, then she woke at 2:30, 4:30, grizzled at 5:30 so I brought her into bed with us then she slept until 7:30. Thats the best we have done I think. Just really want her to drop this 4:30 one! But better than the last few nights where she was up every second hour or so. I got so rundown I broke out in a rash and am losing a bit too much weight I think. Sorry to winge, promise my next post will be more positive

Pantha - you shouldnt feel like a failure! Hardly anybodies pregnancies go the way they planned. Connie, Deana, mine and others I am sure are all examples. I threw my birth plan out the window when my hind waters broke. The most important thing is that you have a beautiful, healthy, baby girl and you are the absolute most important person in the world to her.

I think they are not newborns when they hit the 3 month mark..12weeks. But I am not sure why I think that!

Pantha - I was severley disappointed having a c/sect with Ash and suffered right up till now hence why I was so spastic about having a vbac this time. I was even to the point of waiting to see help cos I couldn't get a way to get past it (it's actually a serious thing and there are ppl that help you with it) but I can garentee after Isabella going so horribly wrong, even a vbac can be disapointing! I don't think it's something you can easily get past till u can experience something that really hits you like my experience and everyone will tell u no your not a failure cos your baby was born healthy ... But that still doesn't help the deeper personal issues, as much as it's true hving a healthy bub.
    Big hugs and try to think of positives that she's here as much as you can an you will just work really hard for a vbac next time (if there is a next time). Me now ... I'm going straight for the epidural LOL xx

Hey ladies

Just a quick post as im about to pull my hair out. Blake has been vomiting so much. This stupid zantac doesnít work anymore. I just hate when I cant do anything. He hasnít gained any weight in 3 weeks. I feel so helpless. I took him to the doctor today and she told me to up my doses to 1.5mls of zantac 3 times a day. She is also worried because he gets so tired after vomiting and also he screams. I have to give it another week with the zantac to see if the vomiting continues and if he gains anymore weight. I also somehow have to gather his urine in a jar and hand it in to pathology tomorrow to get it tested. If he hasnít gained anymore weight and is still constant vomiting by next Thursday, then we will consider putting him in hospital to be monitored. Blake was doing so well with gaining weight before but now my poor little man is just so sick. The doctor reckons its getting serious now and maybe its more than just reflux. We wonít know much more until next week. He has also gone back to waking up at night and its taking him to long to go back to sleep due to his vomiting. Im so tired, exhausted, run down and damn stressed out. The doctor said worst case he could have is the part after the tummy before the intestine (sorry cant remember what she said its called) is to tight and food cant be passed through but itís a very rear case. I just donít want my little man to end up in hospital on a drip or in hospital full stop. I just want cry but have to be strong for my little man. Anyway im off to bed, need sleep after a long day.

Take care everyone

Ohhh woohooo!! Imagine if you moved into one of the rentals on my street omg!!!
    SO Frustrating when finding a house, I hope you find something soon

Pantha- That is great Charlotte is back into routine after being away! I know it is easier to "say" but don't feel like a Failure..Charlotte will never grow up to resent you because you had a C-Section. You bought her into the world the safest way possible in your situation & THAT is what is important

Fuzzy- Whinge all you like!! Sometimes it is not to compare ourselves when others babies do something & we start looking at our own and thinking "hang on, why isn't mine"..Just keep remembering all bubs are different and that Chloe may be doing alot of things that some of the other babies aren't I miss those tired signs aswell and the health nurse has shown/told me TWICE now how to recognise them and I always think to myself "how do I NOT know when my own babies tired"..remember we are all still getting to know our babies and their signs for things- soon enough we will have it down pat & our bubs will go down like a dream- in the meantime we will just have to break our backs to rock them to sleep

Deana- Poor you and poor Blake, It must be hard seeing your little man screaming in pain..I really hope upping the Zantac dose works for him & it is nothing serious that ends up in Hospital..I know you need to be strong for Blake but sometimes it does help to have that cry to get it out of your system to help you refocus again and be there if you now what I mean? Sending healthy mojo Blakes way xox

phew. I finally caught up, but Isaac has been screaming on and off I can't remember what I was going to reply. He's finally asleep now, but earlier he was feeding, then all of a sudden pulled away and screamed like never before. He wouldn't stop, well not for long anyway and then he'd start again like he was in pain. I caved in and rang mum and asked for help. I've never had to do that before, but I just didn't know what was wrong with him.. seems to be really bad wind. Anyway he's settled now and I feel stupid that I can't handle a crying baby.

Our trip was great thanks, it feels so good to have had a change of scenery. The travelling was exhausting, and I was really worried Isaac would cry on the plane.. he did a little bit but he mainly constantly fed. The hardest part about flying was not really being able to get up to walk around with him to settle him. The first night in Perth was awful, it had been such a long day - a 3.5 hour drive, then waiting at the airport for our delayed flight then a 3 hour flight and a drive.. Isaac was NOT happy when we arrived, and then with the unfamiliar house, 5 cousins arriving soon after we got there all wanting a nurse of him and the time difference meaning it was still daylight when it should have been night all didn't help either. Ended up arguing with mums partner who said he just doesn't like me and I am not a nice person!? (FANTASTIC beginning to the trip), then Isaac wouldn't feed because he was crying so much from over stimulation and tiredness, then I was crying because it was all too much, and I thought I am never doing this again! But after some sleep we felt heaps better, and the rest of the week was great. I'd learnt my lesson though about too much travelling in one day, so on the way back I split the trip - I flew to Adelaide, stayed the night in a hotel near the airport last night then got the bus back today. It was sooo much better. If I had come back with mum I would've gotten back after 2am, and have to put up with a narrow minded rude person who doesn't like me and doesn't hide the fact. Much rather stay in a hotel, have a spa and a sleep, and be rested. It was a bit hard though getting to the city today as I found out after lining up at the taxi rank for 20 minutes that no taxis have baby car seats, so I had to get a bus then walk two blocks in the city with a suitcase, two bags and a baby and no pram. So glad I had the sleepywrap (Dory you will love yours!). But it was all good practise to see if I really can travel alone with a bub as I want to go to NSW soon to see family, and I'm thinking about planning a trip to NZ for a holiday. Today was exhausting but I loved it. I chatted to so many nice people today, and all the things that went wrong strangely didn't frustrate me at all. I find I meet more people when I'm on my own, and I really love that about being in a strange city.

I don't know how but I just lost half my post!! I'll re-write it tomorrow and catch up on personals.
    Last edited by bec293; December 3rd, 2010 at 11:31 PM.

Bec- Sounds like the first day of your trip didn't go well at all!! Glad you enjoyed the rest of your time though CANNOT believe your Mums parter said that to you- how rude anduncalled for!

And yep, Taxis don't actually have to have carseats-by law! I emailed my local taxi service the other week to enquire about that before I ordered one- Didn't want them to come all the way here only for them to say I needed a carseat when i didn't have it (It was in our car with David at work)..I had no choice but to catch the Taxi though so I put Harlow in the sleepywrap so she felt secure should something happen and I felt alo tbetter about it than just "holding" her!

Hi Ladies...

How are you all?

Pantha - Fuzzy is right... no one can control what happens, so you're most definitely not a failure. They had to help George breathe because he came early... I couldnt control or change that, I had no plans for him to be 7 weeks early! In the scheme of her life, what happened when she was born wont mean a thing. Don't be so hard on yourself! You're the best mummy!

Fuzzy - it sucks that she's not sleeping through, but it doesnt mean its something you're doing wrong. It may just be the way she is. At the same time if she is needing to be held to fall asleep, then she isnt learning to self soothe, which will make it hard for her to sleep through the night, she will forever need you to help her. I dont know what you've tried so far... but we basically let him cry a bit to put himself to sleep from very early on, and it seems to have worked for the night. The day is a different story... naps are a problem.

Just have to go take over feeding George because DH has run out of patience... I'll be back.

P.s. I have a new laptop!

Connie - she has no problem going to sleep through the night which is the wierd part. She can be put in her bed eyes open and go to sleep in a minute or so. During the day she just looks around then starts swinging her arms and legs around, protests for a while and eventually cries until I pick her up. I cant even soothe her from the side of the cot! Its so frustrating. Anyway, I feel a little better about it today. Worst case - yes we will eventually have to let her cry to learn but I am not at that point yet.

Deana - thinking of you and Blake. I hope he improves quickly and you dont have to go to hospital with him. FX for you.

Bec -glad you are enjoying yourself. We have had good weather!

Wite - yeh my back is slowly getting really tired of all this carrying!

3 more sleeps until Bali. I cant wait! And I cant wait for a surf again. I have been out of the water since April which is the longest stint I have ever gone since I started 13 years ago.. Have to tag-team with DH for surf though. Its a pity we cant do it together.

More sleep tonight please please please (she woke every 2 hours last night with severe wind pain).

Hope everyones bubs are treating them well. Chloe rolled over for the first time today. Like completely from her back onto her stomach. DH was with her which was nice for him. Are anyone elses bubs surprising them with developments?

New thread time everyone.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021