Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 1st-15th 2009 #3

Hiya,
    Congrats Kosi! - wow are we going for a record here? ;-) It's baby season come Sept - Dec!

Hope you are all tracking well. We've had a few strange nights with Mr T this week where he woke up crying and then seemed wide awake for 2-3 hrs, ug! Not what you need when preggers, i felt so crap the next day. But he slept through last night despite having a nasty cough and cold, so i'll take the win and hope it was just some random occurance which i don't need a strategy for! We are off to Sydney in a week, so god help us with sleep and routines there!
    We are taking our big buggy, only staying in 2 places - 1 apartment, and 1 night at friends in the hunter, and getting a rental car - so doing as much as we can to provide sleep opportunities. Wish us luck.
    Taurean - i know your last 2 trips have been plagued by baby sleep issues and sickness too poor thing, hope Iz is all good now!
    Kelly

ps. who gave their toddler an easter egg? Bad decision... we have marshmellow filled ones here in NZ (they are so yummy) but probably sugar laden. DH said 'wow i've never seen him spin on the spot till he fell over before' - repeatedly. Lol

Ava doesn't seem too fussed on chocolate. Gave her some, but she didn't even finish the small solid bilby....

Hope the travel goes well. We don't do a lot of travelling with Ava. Just to Nanna's and back since moving up north vic.

Luckily we sleep through the night and if we don't, its usually just due to the dummy falling out of reach. Shove it back in, cover her up again and its happy sleeping for the rest of the night usually.

Thought I would bump this thread back into use!

How are all the preggo's going? Hope that any sickness got left behind with the first trimester!

Same old around here. A is finally starting to seem more like a toddler. She has maybe 20 words and seems much happier now that she is communicating - must have been just as frustrating for her when we didn't know what she meant when she was grizzling. Looks like the beginning of the end with day naps, they are slowly shifting later and the other day she did 4.30am until 8.30pm with only a 20 minute nap. She has also realised that she can walk(run) rather than staying in the pram so I usually end up pushing it empty while she races with DS. She does pretty well though to run 4 blocks to the shop and then home again!

I have to say that 3 babies in 4 years really takes it out of you. I am so frigging tired! DH is going away to China for work for two weeks soon and I am going to be stuck at home 7 months pregnant with two kids and no help. Not happy about it!

Good idea Arte! I was only thinking the same thing, about time we got chatting again! Good to hear how A is going (and your gorgeous DS) but major bugger about her lack of sleep during the day! I'm so thankful for DD's day sleeps (she's done 3-3.5 hours several times lately but 2-2.5 is the norm) as I generally get an hour of sleep while she's down too. It's been a saviour! Surely your next baby has got to be the worlds most awesome sleeper. I have everything crossed for you because you sure as hell deserve one of those!

Well I'm almost 11 weeks along with 'Nasi' (yes, another food related nick name for the baby - DD was Tarko, remember? ) and I think the MS is finally starting to back down. Hooray! I haven't had Maxolon (anti nausea) for a week now and have managed to get chores done around the house this weekend, leave the house (willingly ) AND I even had my parents and cousin over for a roast last night. DH commented over dinner that I must be on the mend as all I'd done all day was talk, eat, talk and eat. PMSL. I still feel a bit off but I'm not dying on the couch like I have been for the past 5 weeks.

DD has a bit of a mild head cold at the moment and is possibly cutting her 2 year old molars so she's a bit grumpy and unpredictable the past few days. Thankfully it's been a long weekend (public holiday here today) so DH has been around to help out. She's really testing my patience but it's so hard to be upset with her when she's clearly not well. Poor little thing, she must be so over being sick! I sure am!

DD's speech is crazy, she's gone nuts with the talking! I honestly couldn't count how many words she has now (sorry Arte, I'm not being one of those annoying 'my kid is so awesome' mums, I'm honestly blown away by her vocabulary explosion!). She's stringing a few together at a time and I'm sure you all saw the clip I put on FB of her first real sentence 'This is a horsie', well that one knocked me for six. She never ceases to amaze me, always a new trick up her sleeve.

Despite the usual tantrums at this age, she's a really beautiful little girl. She's just so happy and social! No idea where she gets that from She's also extremely independent though so we have a few battles each day but I guess that also comes with the age and stage of development.

A couple of the girls in my MG have had their second babies and DD is IN LOVE with them! She's so cute with them, very gentle and smothers them in soft kisses. I'm so happy to see how receiving she is of other babies, hopefully it's a sign of good things to come....around Christmas time! I had planned to buy her a new doll and a nursery setup for her 2nd birthday but she's become quite kitchen obsessed lately so I think a kitchen is on the cards and we'll got the doll and nursery for Christmas so she can have a 'new baby' at the same time as mummy. I can't wait to see her copying me with her baby, she's so cute with her doll now! Ah, I'm such a girl! LOL.

I hope everyone is well! I think of you guys often, glad we're still in touch via FB.

Taurean, glad the MS is ending for you. Don't worry about the mummy brag - I did it all the time with DS lol. A is just a lot slower. I have to remind myself that just because she is not super fast it doesn't mean she is backwards iykwim. The vocab explosion is amazing isn't it! DS went from about a dozen words to hundreds and sentences within about 6 weeks. A is just starting to add a word every couple of days now so I am hoping she will be on her way by September.

Sounds like a good idea to get the doll at Xmas time. We have so many toys here already that we have decided to pick a good quality thing and build a collection rather than bits and pieces of everything. So A is going to be getting Scleich animal figurines - she loves to play with them at kindy. DS will get some sort of construction set.

Hi girlies - nice to have a catch-up on here - as good as FB is for quick bits and pieces

I'm 15 weeks with #2 and feeling really good, exactly the same as with Tadhg strangely - does that shout out 'blue bundle' or not?? My tummy is now popping out and looking forward to feeling some kicks etc.

Tadhg is mostly really independant and easy these days - but then you get a clingy day and I really wonder how he will go with #2! Thank goodness for another 5mths brewing i think! He is also talking my ear off just a constant stream - especially regarding any type of car, he tells me which of his matchbox cars is 'ello' / yellow, 'rari' / ferrari, 'poosh' / porshe an endless source of entertainment! We are still waiting for the bottom 2 k9's to pop - suspect that was the cause of last nights need for cuddles from 12-1:30 ug! Other than that he has been sleeping like a dream, i say 'night-night' after the book and teddy kissing routine - and don't hear a peep until 7 / 7:30 - long may that last. I've decided to change his daycare when he moves into the toddler room, as i probably wont be working by then so he'll cut down to 2 days a week, and be 30 seconds down the road - so i can walk there too. Then he'll be with kids in our neighbourhood and who he will eventually go to school with (eeck!).
    Birthday party planning needs to start soon huh! Well for us anyway (23 Aug) - i'e decided on a train cake, but not much else. He is getting a leap frog fridge phonics set (magnetic letters which say their own sound) and i'm going to find a kindy bag (need my nappy bag back!), plus DH's folks are getting him a balance bike. Bedroom furniture is the plan for Xmas - as we'll need the cot soon after that. Thank goodness for bassinets.
    Selfish post - but love reading how everyone else is doing too xx

Art - poo about DH going away! Sounds like you need to call in a Nana or helper for a few days.
    Kel x

Hi everyone! Long time no chat!
    So many no. 2 babies coming up for everyone. Congrats! Am excited to say that I will be getting my Implanon out in 8 weeks, 1 week before we travel to Europe for a white christmas. So will have a month and a bit not to worry about baby no. 2 before getting home to reality. Hoping to conceive about Feb/ March but am prepared for it to take longer because of the trouble we had conceiving Frazer first time around. Hope you are all well and your precious toddlers are thriving! oxo Here is my latest album of Frazer turning 2 http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4932661&type=1
    Last edited by Pooley; October 8th, 2011 at 11:18 PM.

It has been a while!

All good here. Most of you know that baby Erin arrived nearly a month ago (!!!). Everything so far is good - the leap from 2 kids to 3 isn't that hard because the older two can entertain each other (plus you can use the oldest as an extendable arm lol)

Amelia is...challenging. She drives me a bit mental. Her sleep is generally terrible and then she spends the day as a tired screeching mess. We have had a couple of patches of good sleep and the difference in her is amazing - she plays, uses new words, is sweet and fun. Then she goes back to screaming half the night and it is all out the window again. She is what I would consider to be behind developmentally (normal for age but not compared to DS) because she just learns nothing when she is so tired all the time - any attempt to do anything (play, read a book, any activity) results in a meltdown. She has let DH sleep in her bed the last couple of nights and has been a box of birds for the last two days so hopefully we are on an upswing again. I know she will get there - DS was the king of tantrums when he was two and he has suddenly become this independent, fantastic little boy (from a completely unbiased mum lol)

She seems to be adjusting well to the baby. She calls her Erie which sounds adorable! Thankfully the big kids don't try to pick up the baby, they ask to hold and give her lots of kisses and cuddles.

Anyhow, must be Sanchez next for new bub? How are all the pregnancies going? I found the last pregnancy to be so much harder than the others - probably not helped by E being a kg heavier than the first two! I was so heavy and slow, but now it is all over I would consider doing it again (still full of clucky hormones - ask me again in 6 months when the baby is waking all night lol)

God i hope it's me for the next bub, this pregnancy is killing me. I feel like i've been dragging my fanny behind me on a leash since about 20 weeks. I envy those women that are all "I love being pregnant, i don't feel any different" F### you!!!

Art I can't believe you've got 3 now!! Huge congrats. Little Erin is super cute, but you seem to be breeding these gorgeous rosy cheek chubby wonders! Is it rosy cheeks or is it too damn cold on the farm in NZ!!

Anyhoo, no news my end. Violet is 2, and crazy determined. Does my head in. Potty training is not going well. Speech has improved out of sight. Still in the bed with DH and I, DH is almost at the end of his tether of being swivel kicked in the head at night. Her sleep is still really disturbed. We tried the big girl bed - epic fail. Not winning any mother of the year awards here!!

We have recently bought a new house and decided to do a few "minor" things........has taken a lot longer than expected so hopefully i will be moving house at 39 weeks pregnant!!! ARE YOU F###ING SERIOUS!!! if DH thinks i'm unpacking boxes hes dreaming! So we have been living with my parents for 3 months! I don't even have a suit or a nappy for this new baby as they are in storage so am praying it doesn't come early or it will be nude!

Anyhoo - hope you are all well, and your 2 year old bubs are good. I do enjoy seeing you all on FB.

xxxx

Hello hello,
    Ooh Pooley - a holiday sounds fab! Can't get to your Frazer pics ... FB permissions thing i think. Hope the baby making goes smoothly too.
    Art - awesome news about Erin fitting in so well - amazing how fast the months fly by isn't it! Amelia sounds like a challenge, especially when you can see the obvious difference good sleep makes - hope this time the good sleep changes are here to stay!
    Sanchez - glad to know you are hanging in there, although of course once baby is in there isn't much choice! My DH complains enough about how much space I take up in our bed, let alone having Tadhg in there with us! Will there be 4 in the bed soon then? Good lord moving at 39 weeks!! Pay people as much as you have to to do it all!

It's so refreshing to read about the realities of having a 2 yr old, sometimes it's easy to feel like your kid is the only one struggling to go to sleep in the day, or still refusing every vegetable! But all in all I reckon i'm one lucky Mummy. Tadhg moved into his big bed like a pro about 10 days ago - i thought it would be a migration period of having it in his room and waiting till he was ready, but nope he was excited about the fire-truck duvet and jumped right in. We have a gate on his bedroom door for our sanity but he pretty much stays in there (at night anyway - day sleeps are a challenge!). I <3 kindy / daycare! If it wasn't for those 2 days a week i think i'd go a bit loopy. I'm blaming pregnancy hormones! We are 33 weeks and having a girl this time, so bring it on!
    Take care all xxx

Hi Girls!

Pooley - Nice to hear from you and thanks for bumping the thread too! It's been quiet in here but I guess with FB we tend to see what's going on with each other anyway. Good luck with TTC next year. Enjoy Europe too and I hope F is good for you on the flights. One of my besties has just returned from the UK to see her family and the kids (2 yo and 8 mth old) shared the love - one was bad heading over, the other really good and they switched rolls for the way back. LOL! She had her DH with her (last year she flew on her own while PG with her then 18 month old ) but my hat still goes off to any parent on those longhaul flights. Miss I has been on 16 flights now but the longest was 6ish hours. My best tip, get an iPad

Art - hoping little E is a fabulous sleeper for you. You've well and truly earned yourself a snoozy child. I can imagine how frustrating it must be for both you and A when A's overtired. Miss I is quite the nightmare when she's overtired and I'm so grateful she still loves her day sleeps. She's skipped a couple recently but only because I've put her down too late. I'm sure I'd go insane if she wasn't giving me a break through the day - I'm not as patient with a busy toddler as I thought I'd be

Kel - awesome that T took to his new bed so well He looked so cute in those pics on his big mattress! We get Miss I's new bedroom suite when we move (in 3.5 weeks!) and although she's been in her toddler bed for a few months now, I think we'll have a few issues getting her use to a new BIG bed (we bought a king single - she'll look tiny in it!), a new room and a new house. Could be some very restless nights ahead for me I think

Sanchez - nice to hear from you crazy woman! Your posts are bad for my struggling pelvic floors - almost wet myself reading it as per usual! Well I must say moving at 33 weeks sounds a whole lot better than the crappy deal you've signed up for! I'm with Kel, get yourself a good removalist to do everything! I've already started packing and have done quite a lot already but it's been hard work thanks to sciatica, pelvis and back issues and a big fat guts getting in the damn way! I'm just grateful Miss I loves a bit of ABC Kids so I've had time to tackle it.

I've got to get going as we have a play date at the park but will be back later to give an update on 'us'

I'm back and Miss I is in bed so I'm going to attempt a nap soon myself. She decided to start the day at 6.15am today (that's so early for her!) so I'm shattered! She's been waking a couple of times at night again too thanks to a horrid cold that my MIL passed onto her while they were visiting so I feel like I really need to catch up on some zzzz's. I guess it is good practice for what's to come though

Well I feel like we've well and truly hit the Terrible Two's in recent weeks. I love that Miss I is so independent but boy is she testing me out lately! Everything is "It's mine" and "I can, I do!" and "No mummy". She's also saying some absolutely gorgeous stuff and is so funny and beautiful a lot of the time but the demands and tantrums sure can be testing at times!

Food is very up and down lately but I suspect she has her 2yo mollars lingering as she's drooling quite a bit so that may explain some of her aversion to food. I'm trying not to worry about it or get too hung up on it all as all my friends with kids the same age seem to be having issues as well but I do wonder how a toddler can be healthy when they seem to eat so little, or so little that's good for them! I'm so glad Rafferty's Garden exists as she still loves them and gets either a sweet or savoury one when I know she's not eating well.

Speech has gone through the roof is recent months which has made life so much easier as she can really, REALLY communicate now. Unfortunately, she is also very good at repeating everything we say and has a memory like you wouldn't believe so we really have to watch our P's and Q's She cracks us up though with the things she comes out with. Her favourite line this week is 'No thanks, I'm fine' when you ask her if she wants something to eat. She's also taken to yelling out 'Mummy, all done!' when she wakes up in the morning. Before that it was 'Mummy, where are ya?'. Classic!

We are moving into a rental in 3.5 weeks while our new home is being built. I can't wait to get into a nice house again! Our current place is getting knocked down so we can build and while it's served it's purpose beautifully for the past 18 months, I won't be sad to see it go I'm so looking forward to having a functional home with proper heating, cooling and insulation! The rental is lovely with all the mod-cons and it's only a few years old. It's going to be heaven!

I'm off to rest my weary hips. So over the pain of this pregnancy. 11 weeks to go - hurry up!

So good to hear from you all!

Hi lovely ladies! I logged on a few weeks ago and thought nobody was using this thread anymore. Glad to see its still going!

Taurean, don't you love the terrible two's lol! Miss I sounds absolutely gorgeous and I love her little comments. Best of luck with building, how exciting for you all. Hope you are feeling well. Did you end up finding the sex of your little singapore stowaway or is it going to be a surprise?

Arte congrats again on the arrival of little Erin. She really is a little cutie and I have fingers/toes crossed for you that she stays a brilliant sleeper. How frustrating that Miss A won't sleep, it sounds like she needs to sleep for a week straight to make up for it all. How are your two adjusting to having a new baby in the house? I hope you are recovering well from the birth.

Kelly great news that the new bed is a hit! Not much longer until you get to meet your baby girl!

Sanchez OMG woman are you crazy moving at 39 weeks lol! Hope it all goes well for you and I agree with the others, get as much help as you can with the move!

Pooley best of luck TTC#2!

AFU well its been a while I guess! Great to see you all on FB but I've missed coming in here for more details lol!

Terrible two's are well and truly in this household. Ethan is also in the 'its mine' phase and wants to be completely independent which results in a tantrum if I say that 'mummy will help you'. He is a typical little boy and loves anything on wheels lol. His vocabulary blows me away at times (sorry mummy brag coming up lol!). I seriously have to look twice sometimes because a lot of what he says sounds so funny coming out of such a little person. Yesterday as we got in the car he said 'lets go on an adventure' followed by 'mummy we go for a cino?'. Gorgeous and scary how fast he is growing up. Great news for me is that he plays so well with his sister now which gives me a bit of a break and actually some time to clean/cook etc without a toddler under my feet (well until a fight breaks out but that's another story!). Day sleeps are becoming a struggle and I doubt he will continue to have them for too much longer. Elena didn't drop her day sleep until her 3rd birthday and I was kind of hoping that Ethan would be the same. For the last week he's only had 2 day sleeps and the other days resulted in constant getting up/crying etc that I gave up. I'm so not ready for that precious 1.5hr break during the day to stop aaarrgghhhh!!!!!!!

I've been on a health kick and happy to say that I've lost 6kg this year so far. Still have around 3kg to go which not surprisingly is all on my tum. Hoping to have lost all/most of it by summer time. I'm determined to get to my prebaby weight! Lucky the kids love the creche at my local gym and have made some friends there so its a fun thing for us all to do.

Anyway lovely to hear from you all and I'm looking forward to hearing all about the new babies arriving soon!

Nice to hear from everyone!

Sanchez, it is rosy cheeks - they go blue when it is cold! I don't know why they are so colored, I have very red cheeks too (and I was always really self conscious of it growing up). Bugger about moving house at 39 weeks - I could barely move my fat arse off the couch by then. Sorry the sleep hasn't come right for you yet, I know how hard it is.

Kelly, my tip for veges - give them a toothpick to eat it with. I can feed my kids nearly anything if I cut it up bite sized and give them a toothpick loll

Taurean, your holiday pics on FB always look so nice! I wish we would go away on a nice holiday, but I strongly suspect that carting 3 kids around would just be a stress fest and defeat the purpose.

Sangie, Well done on the weight loss! It sure goes on a lot easier than it comes off. Erin seems to have left about 7kg behind, adding to the 5kg I still had left over from Amelia. It is going to be a lot of hard work to get it off if I ever get the time.
    We get a lot of "it's mine" and my personal favorite "it my turn!", except she doesn't get the concept of actually alternating turns lol. Do you find yourself spending a fair part of your day refereeing them? My two play together quite well for a bit, then it all falls out the window. But in general I think I am pretty lucky with how well they get along, and how well they have accepted Erin into the mix.

Hi everyone

Have been reading all the lovely new posts over the last few days great to see that everyone is back on here. I know we all pretty much do catch up with whats happening on FB but you can get a little bit better idea of the "real" life of dealing with a toddler here. As Kelly said its refreshing to read about everyone elses realities. Makes dealing with you own that little bit easier

Art congrats again on Erin. She is just gorgeous and it is so great that the other two have accepted here so easily. BTW love the idea of using the toothpick especially for the veggies. Someone must have had a word with Sam as he used to eat veggies for me but someone obviously tipped him off the toddlers DON'T eat veggies so now apart from carrots won't have a bar of them. Keeping my fingers crossed that Ms E is a good sleeper and that Ms A can learn from her!

Sanchez you are a complete loon to be moving into a new house when 39 weeks pregnant. Like the others have said pay pay pay someone to do it for you.

Taurean all the best of luck with your move too. What is it with pregnant women and moving house? You only moved into your current place shortly after Ms I was born. I can still remember the photos you posted of you painting with her in the sling. Must be exciting planning the new house - have you got the design all chosen and sorted out?

Sangie very very impressed with your weight loss. Trying to lose weight even when you have heaps of time is hard enough but to be able to do it with two kids - now thats good.

Kelly well done on moving T to the new big bed. And hope he works out how to sleep in there during the day too so you can get a little bit of a break.

AFU - well been a busy few weeks here starting with Sam's birthday party. Weather didn't do us any favours and it poured out of the heavens. The "little do" I had planned had got slightly out of control so we ended up with 36 adults and 18 kids jammed into the house. All along with the lunatic dog who was delerious with excitment at the thought of all these people who had food that he might be able to beg/steal from them lol! This was then followed by another bbq (where it rained again) for the NRL Grand Final and another get together to watch the Celtic clash in the Rugby World Cup last weekend. (though we won't talk about the result please). Sam loved it all and didn't seem to be in the slightest bit bothered as to the fact that there was heaps of people around and just took it all in his stride.

All three of us have been hit with nasty colds since his birthday - I'm into my third week of it now and am completely over it. Sam practically refused to eat anything for almost two weeks which was really stressful for me. His a very slim little boy so don't have any fatty reserves (wish I could say the same about myself!). Finally took him to the docs who put him on a course of ABs as he said he might have developed a middle ear infection. He is finally on the mend and has started eating again.

I know I shouldn't say it out loud and it will no doubt all go to [email protected]# hit but sleep wise in general we are going okay. When in day care he goes between 1 - 2 hours sleep a day and will do probably 1.5-2.5 for me. I find if i put him down early he will just play/talk away to himself until he falls asleep. What i am finding though it he is going to sleep later and later so sometimes won't actually go to sleep until close to 3pm. Just makes it a bit more difficult to work out where we can go in the afternoon when he wakes late.

Sam's speech has also really improved in leaps and bounds over the last month / six weeks. He is turning into a right little parrot and is now stringing several words together to make a sentence that make sense! He joins in when we're singing songs and reading books finishing the sentences whic his super cute. Probably isn't quite as advanced as some of your stories but doing really really well. We keep telling him to use his words when he starts to get frustrated so he can try to tell us what he wants.

Tantrums ..... well lets just say they're building! Mainly when we don't get our own way or if he can't do something that he wants to do, or if I don't do something quickly enough or or or. And sometimes its because ......... I can only say because he can!

Okay am going to sign off for now. Its late and have another big day in work tomorrow. We've got a big campaign on at the moment so its pretty busy and resulting in some long hours. Funny don't have the same drive to work like I did before having Sam!

Lovely to hear from all of you again - hope we can get this thread going - and will of course see you on FB

Xx

AM, Sounds like Sam and Amelia are at about the same level speech wise. Hope he is feeling better now.

I was feeding Erin today and Amelia pointed at my belly and said "stripe" There are seriously stretch marks on top of stretch marks, nice of her to point it out lol

So far the good sleep has continued and she is a happy little chicken during the day Such an improvement! She is eating like a horse and coming up with heaps of new words that she is putting together into small sentences. She is such a nice kid when she isn't a tired grump.

Art - nice of A to point out your stretchies! Gotta love (and hate) their innocence Glad to hear A's good sleeping habbits have continued, that's awesome!! You both must feel amazing! I wonder what changed?

AM - great to hear from you hon and get the goss on little S. I'm hearing you loud and clear with regards to tantrums. Miss I is throwing them frequently and often for no good reason at all. She often screams 'Mine!!' mid tanty which is bloody hilarious. No idea why she does that but it's like it's her own little swear word Our house plans are actually in with council at the moment and we will be doing pre-start with the builders in the next few weeks. We've picked out our tiles, benchtops and cupboards and all the smaller things like taps, doors, sinks, etc. We just need to sit down with them and do the official selection and hope we haven't gone too far over budget!

DH has been away for the past week in Norway on business so Iz and I have been at my parents so I didn't have to tackle her on my own. It was a huge help and so nice to give my poor hips and back a rest but her sleep was pretty ordinary while we were there. I put her in the cot as I didn't trust her in their single bed just yet so I think that really threw her. She is still suffering randomly from 'poo issues' and had 4 days without going which was causing her a lot of grief. I got about 3 hours broken sleep on Friday night and ended up in the single bed, with Iz (she wouldn't have a bar of the queen size bed ), and finally got back to sleep around 5.30am. Absolute shocker! I decided to come home last night and see if being in her own bed made a difference and wouldn't you know it, she slept right through. She did have a poo around 9.30pm so that would have definitely helped but besides that quick nappy change, she slept from 8pm - 7.30am. Pity my stupid hips and sciatica played up all night but I'm still happy regardless. Hoping the good sleep continues!

We are off to Victoria on Wednesday for a week to catch up with family and friends and we also have another wedding to go to, in the Yarra Valley on Saturday. Really looking forward to seeing everyone but it's going to be one very busy week, far from a holiday that's for sure. I'm still so excited though, it's always nice to visit 'home' and we haven't been back for 18 months so it will be awesome just a bit crazy.

Is anyone else still waiting on 2 year old molars to appear? I think Iz's might be on their way but I can't see them yet. She's been drooling again the past couple of weeks and has suddenly gone off food, in particular breakfast which is doing my head in! She has always been a breakfast girl but it's been a real struggle to get her to eat any the past week or so. I hope it's teeth and pray that they get here soon, before this next baby arrives!

Went nuts on new linen and accessories for Iz's 'big girl room' this week. The new bedroom furniture is being delivered to our new house (the rental) and although I'm expecting a few sleepless nights while she adjusts, I'm hoping if I make the room and bed super cute and appealing, she may just be OK. Her furniture is all white so I've gone for hot pinks, aquas, purples and lime greens and my kind of theme. The main doona cover I bought is by Cubby House Kids and it's called Elephant Party. Google it for a sticky - it's super cute. I bought a couple of novelty cushions to go with it and some bright butterfuly and flower wall stickers as well. Fingers crossed my wicked plan works and she loves her new room so much that she'll sleep in it like an angel!

Iz has busted out a few new sentences this week and my faves are: 'Are you happy?' - she say's it to everyone and everything and replies with 'Yeah, I'm happy' when you ask her the same and the other is 'No mummy, don't do that' which is just hilarious! She even waves her finger at me when she says it!! Clearly I say that to her a little too often, lol.

Better get moving so I'm organised to collect DH from the airport this arvo. Enjoy your Sunday ladies, it's 34 degrees in Perth today!!

Arte, yes I do have to referee at times! But overall I'm pretty lucky that the play well together most of the time. The times I do have to step in usually results from Ellie being completely frustrated that her brother won't share something or is being rough with her toys. I find it so funny to watch them play. For example Elena asks her brother if he wants to play barbies. Then she proceeds to dress her barbie doll in beautiful clothes and brushes her hair etc. Ethan's idea of playing barbies is to throw her in the back of his tonka dump truck, drive her around for a bit and then dump her off the back lol! Funny how different they are and yet they are the best of friends. I hope the sleep situation has continued to go well.

AM, wow you party animals have been busy! I hope you are over your cold. I feel your pain hun. I was sick for close to a month with bronchitis this winter, not fun when you have two little ones who don't let you rest. Sounds like Sam is doing really well and keeping you busy! How is work going?

Taurean, I'll take a sticky beak the new doona cover when I get time. Sounds gorgeous! I love doing kids rooms. Ellie has a butterfly room which I adore. Also has white furniture with pink curtains and pink/purple butterfly decorations. She loves it. With Ethan's room we have gone with a transport theme seeing as he loves all things on wheels. Where are you going in the Yarra Valley? You are coming to my turf!!!! Oh and we are still waiting on 2 yr old molars too. I thought he was getting them a few weeks ago as he was drooling a bit but they haven't appeared yet.

Better get moving, we have swim lessons this morning and then I'm working for a few hours this afternoon. Enjoy your Monday!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast