Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 1st-15th 2010 #1

Thanks for the nice warm welcoming....

Brydee's Birth weight was 3300g or 7pnd 5 1/2oz. She's the smallest of my girls! I actually worried ALOT about having a HUGE baby, thankfully that didn't happen...

So how many are you are on Maternity Leave?? I'm on 12months leave. I'm not due to go back until 1st August. Unless I go back earlier, but if I have it my way it won't be until I'm supposed to...I enjoy staying home with my girls. Maddison goes to daycare 3days a week. She's very active & I find she behaves better when she goes. I plan to start Brydee for 2 days a week at the end of March/early April. I use Family Daycare, I don't go too much on the centres but thats me! I did actually send Brydee for a day last week for a break after her 4 days of unsettledness. She was great, much to my surprise!

Cherished; Brydee's first taste was sweet potato & she LOVED it! We've tried normal potato, butternut pumpkin, carrot, banana, pear, apple & avacado. I think I was rushing things too quickly though so I've sort of cut back to one food every few days. ATM, I'm just tweaking her routine of solids so that we do Breakfast & then veges of an afternoon. I probably won't start the afternoon vege for another week or so yet...

Milly; its hard to have a baby who doesn't like sleeping much through the day. I like to try getting things done, some days thats just a joke. My first had a really solid routine, Brydee doesn't seem to slot into routines too easily...Do you still wrap her? maybe a nice warm bath before you put her down to relax her might help? Its hard to find the exact thing that soothes them since each day is different. Do you use a dummy? I know that some BF'ing mums don't like to use them, but it might free up some time for you!? And the "nipple" confusion stage should be gone now. It was the only way I got 5mins peace with Brydee while I was BF'ing...

Hello Everyone,

Welcome Mummyofgirls!!

Oh my has it been too long since posting... Things have just been very busy since going back to work!!

Cass: Sorry to hear bubba hasn't been enjoying creche it does get better for you and for Marta I promise - Audrey was unsettled for the first week and it absolutely killed me coz I can hear her from my room... Her little cries / screams and I knew exactly what she needed so I'd call her room and say that cry means... or that noise means... I know its easier coz I'm right there, but I have such a better understanding of what mummies and daddies go through when they have to drop their children off the care and they are upset. That feel in the pit of your stomach like you are the worst person in the world for leaving them :'( oh how I know... BUT and there is a BUT when they settle, which they will, they have such an amazingly fun time, the best thing is when they haven't seen you all day / a few hours and you walk through those doors and bubba gives you that MASSIVE gummy smile like "Mummy!!! You're here!! I love you" it just makes your day... Well that's how I feel when I see Audrey

Mily: Thanks for asking about me... Work has been great... Everyone there really respects my choice to continue BF and have no problems with me ducking out to feed bubs when she needs to.. which is just perfect... She's started solids too, so her feeds are now 4 - 4.5hrs which works in with my breaks so it really couldn't be more perfect... I have found that when my Mum has her on a thursday that Bub wants MORE than what I have expressed... Usually I can get 150mls MAX usually 100mls per pump ( I pumo for 10 - 15mins) but she usually takes a 200ml bottle 2 times a day... I'm lucky that I feed her when she wakes up, then Mum for Morning Tea then I come home for Lunch and then she'll feed her again just before I get home... But if I couldn't get home then it would be 4 bottles of 200mls and I can't get that much out when pumping..

Cherished: We started bubba on solids at 5 mths too!! So far she has had Apple, Sweet Potato and Pumpkin and she LOVES it... She gets so excited in her bumbo she almost pushes herself out LOL.... I too have frozen heaps, I freeze 48 cubes which lasts 2 weeks... I enjoy the cooking side of things so I am going to try and keep that up, but once she gets a bit older what ever we are having for dinner she will hae just mushed up!!

AFM: Things are really going well... Bubba has moved into her 000 clothes now LMAO a 5mth old only just fitting into them, most of thetime shes still in her 0000 but a few things git now... Work as I said is great.. Bub has really settled into kindy now, doesn't really sleep for long during the day, has an hour sleep in the afternoon, but usually only 20 - 40 mins... believe it or not, she is still really happy with that amount of sleep... she's busybody lol thinks shes missing out when she goes into the cot room HAHAHAHA quite cute really.. As long as she is happy the sleep doesn't bother me as she sleep through the night again 630-530 is the norm these days.. Waiting for the teeth to start then I'll lose my good nigh sleeps again hahahaha... Someone mentioned poos... Audrey would go every 3-4days but I too found she was a bit unsettled, since starting solids OH MY GOD.. poos everyday and its like real baby poo now, none of this nice none smelling poo its really gooy thick smelly poos (LOL sorry if TMI)... On a none baby front I bought my wedding dress 2 weeks ago!! It looks awesome.. this is it if you wanna see it The Bridal Centre ...

I got it a size smaller my incentive to get rid of this weight, turns out all I had to do was go back to work I've lost another 5 kilos, Ive got 2kgs to go before I'm pre baby weight but now I want to lose more for the wedding hehehehe... Sooo excited, I should get a ticker going for it too....

Hope I didn't miss anyone, sorry if I have... Hugs and Kisses to all!!!

Hope.Positive.Love; you sound really happy about being back at work! Good for you. Some days I can't wait to go back & others I dread it....I agree with you about how tough it is to leave our baby's in DC or what ever other care arangements are made. With my first DD I cried almost the entire day. She on the other hand LOVED it & while we had a few up & down days for the most part she loved it. And still does. I do too now, its my "ME" time where I can just be Nicole & not mum too...Its a lovely break...
    When are you getting married? My hubby & I got married in May last year - I was 25weeks preggers with DD2...Wouldn't change a thing...Goodluck on the weightloss. If you don't mind, send some motivation my way please???! lol

So my eldest has come down with Tonsilitis. Other than a temp a few days ago you wouldn't even know she was sick. She's been whiney & grumpy but not once complained about a sore throat which is odd. Any who, she's got some antibiotics so in a few days should be heaps better..
    I've had a few great days with Brydee. I hate saying anything like that cos I feel like I jinx myself. Touch wood it stays the way things have been. I've changed her solid "meal" to straight after her first bottle of a morning & so far its working well. I'll give it another few days/week & I'll introduce the 2nd around late afternoon....I love the age she's at right now because she's becoming sooo much more interactive towards EVERYTHING. She's gooing more & a few times it sounds as though she's saying "mmmum" but can't be sure...She's rolling around like a commando, lol. And tries to get her knees under her. Still not strong enough up the arms yet. Soon though.
    Any ways best go find something for tea.

Hi girls,

Just sneaking in to say Cherished, I would love for you to do my avvy I haven't even found that other thread as I havent had a chance to get on here much lately.

Milly I think you asked about Brocks sleeps. He has 3 per day ususally 2-3 hours apart and will sleep anywhere from 40 minutes to 2 hours each time. He then usually falls asleep in his rocker at about 7-7.30pm (after a 6pm feed and bath) and I'll wake him up for a feed around 9-10pm then put him in his cot straight afterwards and he'll sleep til about 6am. I feel your pain though. DD was an aweful day sleeper. I am very lucky so far this time. Don't get me wrong, we did go through a rough patch with Brock but I really think that implementing the strategies in the Safe Sleep DVD (I think that was what it was called - it was all about making babies feel safe and secure in their sleep environment) that the MCHN got me to watch, really helped.

Welcome to BB Mumyof girls

HPL Brock has been at daycare since January (3 days a week) I was really worried at how he'd go but he's taken to it really well and his carers are great so I'm pretty happy with it all. Your little one sounds so dainty. brock is in 00 and sometimes even 0. He's not a chubby baby really but he's really long. I think he's going to be tall like his daddy.

How is everyones bub going developement wise? I've got to say I'm a little worried about Brockie at the moment. he is 6 months in 4 days time and he still wont bear his body weight on his legs. We try to get him to stand and he just collapses them. DD bore her body weight on her legs practically from birth. he does use his legs to kick a lot and to do 360's on the floor (like crab crawling on his back with his legs lol) but he just wont bear his weight on them. he also hasn't fully rolled over yet. I'm hoping he's just a bit lazy and that its nothing more serious. I'll be bringing it up with the Dr when we go for his vaccinations next week.

to everyone I've missed.

mama spice; From what i've heard & read about boys is that they're a little bit slower developmental wise. Maybe He'll just surprise you one day & bare his weight! I know is hard not to worry but each baby develops at their own pace. All you can do is keep giving him the opportunity to get used to his weight...Oh & about the rolling thing. Brydee hasn't really showed much interest in it; she first rolled over at about 4 1/2 months & didn't do it much at all again until recently, probably 2weeks ago. She's a bit of a lazy bones & looses interest really quick so I'd always have to change the object she was interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by mummyofgirls View Post
    mama spice; From what i've heard & read about boys is that they're a little bit slower developmental wise. Maybe He'll just surprise you one day & bare his weight! I know is hard not to worry but each baby develops at their own pace. All you can do is keep giving him the opportunity to get used to his weight...Oh & about the rolling thing. Brydee hasn't really showed much interest in it; she first rolled over at about 4 1/2 months & didn't do it much at all again until recently, probably 2weeks ago. She's a bit of a lazy bones & looses interest really quick so I'd always have to change the object she was interested in.
    Thanks Mummyofgirls., I hope you're right. I was speaking to his daycare teacher this morning about it and she said she had noticed his lack of bearing weight and rolling too. Which of course has me even more worried to hear it from someone else if you know what I mean. I cried all the way to work actually. I'm so worried my little man has cerebral palsy or something. I've booked him in to his paed but we cant get in til 19th April.

hi girls!!

HPL: omg! that dress is stunning!! *mwah* you are going to look gorgeous! when is the big day? we got married in 2008 when DD1 was 6 months old. it was funny because straight after the service she wanted a feed so i undid the top bit of my dress and fed her lol! got lovely shots of it, but boy i wish i had of had some EBM lol!

thanks for the encouragement with creche. i was just taken aback because she is such a chill baby...until she enters that place

mamaS: B sounds within the realms of normal i reckon. the range is so huge...some babies even start walking at 8-9 months . so mebbe he is just gunna do that lol! (joking!...gosh, imagine...we had a boy in our mg that walked at 9 months it was so trippy!). how do his legs look? do they look ok? no twists or anything in his hips?? i'm no expert though obviously. TBH i am sure that he is AOK, many babies dont roll over much at this age and sometimes they do and then they stop for awhile (that's what marta has been doing...). but if it is really worrying you then def get him checked out, peace of mind is worth it 19th of April is such a long wait! can you get on their cancellation list JIC???

i love the concept of safe sleep. it just makes sense! that said, i havent seen the DVD but if the gist is to show baby that sleeping is ok and safe, then i guess it is similar to our approach

mummyofgirls: oh man i feel for your eldest...i had chronic tonsilitis a couple of years ago. it was the pits! so amazing that she hasnt complained about her throat! she must have good pain threshold lol. for me it felt like daggers.

AFM: all good here. we have been busy in saying goodbye to nonno he left for italy yesterday...even the dog is missing all the extra attention. spent the last two days at a 'paint party' for friends that are busily trying to get their house painted before moving in. soo exhausting! not so much the painting but the entertaining of bored kidlets lol. hopefully today is the last really long day
    Marta is growing like a champ. she is now able to lie on her belly and lift her chest off the floor and pop her knees under her and rock back and forth...she thinks she rocks when she does it too
    this morning for brekky she stole some bacon and spinach off my plate and ate that. yesterday she shared a fruit platter with Leila and had some acidophilous yoghurt. i made sure it wasnt too much JIC for allergies, but she chomped through it like a champ i really love watching her experience the new tastes, watching those facial expressions are the best!

just had to share this funny happening today...

this morning we were visiting the neighours for our weekly tuesday gossip session and i had marta in a bumbo that i was given yesterday...i popped her too closely to the herb garden...she started eating all the herbs lol! she grabbed a big wad of rosemary and mint in each hand and went for gold lol!! my goodness i need to watch that kid lol. leila was never a mouthy baby at all!! so a whole new world of vigilance is upon me...

and yep, her breath was minty fresh

Gee, it's quiet in here!

Lol at Marta, it sounds like she'll have a very adventurous palate indeed. Perhaps she'll be a food critic one day

Well we had brocks 6 month Check at Gp today. He was supposed to have his vaccinations too but he has a bit of a cold so he has been spared for another week. My GP gave him a good looking over and said she's not overly concerned about his lazy legs etc yet. She said her DS didn't even roll til he was 9 months. It's given me some comfort. She said to see how he goes over the next few months then re-assess.
    He's doing super well in all other aspects. 8.4kg clothed! But he doesn't look overly chubby because he's 73cm long! Which is pretty much off the charts for his age No surprise when daddy is 6ft5 though.
    The funniest thing happened while we were there DD, who is 3 and a half decided to proudly exclaim to the Dr and Nurse that "Brock has got a big willy!" It was sooo funny

Hi Ladies,

Mamaspice I agree, very quiet.. Nothing really going on on our front... for marta and her eating.. We're slowly introducing foods to audrey, shes had apple, sweet pot, pumpkin, pear and thats it lol... oh and avocado.. avo and pumpkin make her PPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO so we're waiting a bit longer til we give it to her again lol....

Poor bubba has been pretty sick of late, has a cold of some sorts so when she sleeps, with her dummy, she cant breath out of her nose and starts to cough and spluter and wakes herself up poor poppet!! but she's in her BIG cot now im so sad its an end of an era now but mummy sleeps in the spare room right next to hers LMAO can't quite let go just yet, but shes too big for the craddle now, she likes to kick and wriggle in her sleep so the cot is awesome for her... Just mummy cant get use to the waking up and having to get out of bed to feed her at 1am lol... only one wake up but it means mummy has to actually wake up to feed, thank god for the rocking chair she has in her room!!

I cant believe ours bubs are almost 6mths old, or just gone 6mths... Did you know that this time last year I would have been 11wks and 5 days pregnant with Audrey.. It's insane, I am sooooo clucky, DF and I have decided we will TTC in Dec this year!! more than like that a while but we figure by mid next year to end next year hopefully be UTD so exciting to have a date in site... that and the wedding..

Oh Cass thanks so much about the comment on the dress, havent really shown many ppl it so its lovely to get some feed back!!

Best be off so tired atm!!

A little me post.... Plus advice...

I had a little problem today feeding bubba. She had her last BF at 430am and wouldnt feed from me all day and I mean literally all day, she had 2 bowls of solids, and i ended up giving her a 150mls formula at 1pm as she was just screaming so much and the women at work suggested water but she didn't like that, it was over 12hours from BF to BF but then all of a sudden once we got home she would feed from me... So I'm not sure if I have eaten something that would have upset her, I have had cabbage, strawberry and peach, that I don't usually have... Do you think that could have been it> I had them on Sunday afternoon for lunch....

Hope you ladies and bubbas are doing swimmingly!!! HUGS all round!!

Hi ladies,

how is everyone?

sorry if I miss anyone, but here goes ....

Cass - your creche story has me worried! I'm not going back to work till end April, so have a bit of time yet, but I'm still concerned about this sleep thing!
    The daycare is near my work, so I can BF at lunch. I have been stocking up on breast milk and freezing it, though some of it will go in the solids. If I don't feed her before I go to bed, I express off the last of it for the freezer, so have been gradually building up.
    oh and LOL about Marta and the herb garden!

Mummyofgirls - I would have loved family day care, but unfortunately there are none available, so we are going to "a large chain day centre (not sure if I can mention any names...)".
    I has been wrapping DD, but had to stop when it got really hot as she was just getting way too hot, even in a light muslin wrap. When it cooled down again, I tried again and she just squirmed her way out, and thumped her legs even more until they were free. So I gave up on the wrapping - about two weeks ago. Though if it gets cold, I might have to do it again with a blanket, as she keeps kicking her covers off. This morning her little arms and legs felt so cold!
    I haven't tried a dummy. I am a bit reluctant to. I'm just really nervous about how she will cope! I am going to go in again and talk to them but I still feel worried.

HPL - I love your dress!!!!! ANd congrats on the wieght loss! Me on the other hand - humph! next topic!
    I'm glad work is working out well for you. I might have to PM you some questions about childcare if that's OK. I just need some reassurance!! (OK< just tried to PM you but your mail box is full!)
    000 - OMG! how big (or little) is she? I thought our DD was small (just over 10th percentile) but at her last weigh-in (at 4mo) she was just over 75th percentile for weight and 25th percentile for length so is a little chubba bubba! And is in 00 or if its a long full body suit (like a wonder suit) is in 0! but for the width not the length LOL!
    And we only moved DD to her cot from her bassinette 3 weeks ago, and I cried too!
    Re Audrey not feeding - teeth maybe??? DD did that too when her teeth were bothering her (that started bothering her at 3 1/2 months that still haven't come down yet!) I can't remember exactly but I think it's about 4 hours from when you eat it to when it gets to your milk, so probably not the cabbage then?

MamaSpice - how is Brock? Our DD is also slow on the mobility side of things. She "talked" and smiled and laughed very early, but still doesn't roll yet. Well she has done it a couple of times (three times in three weeks, but is not consistent) and seems to have NO interest in it (only does it if I help her about 10 times first). She will weight bear through her legs when we hold her, but only for a second or two before they collapse, but she is trying. She doesn't spin much when lying on the floor. She does however do "thumps" (like reverse sit-ups) in her cot and on the changetable and play mat, but that is about it. She isn't very active at all. I have been told that she is still within range though. Hopefully that has given you some reassurance, as it sounds like your DS and my DD could have non-play dates together! LOL!
    And about the big willy!

Cherished - how are things going? How did your little man like all that yummy food you prepared for him?

AFM - well, it seems we are the last to start solids. I had wanted to wait until 6 months, but today when we were out, DD just about snatched my toasted sandwhich (I had to wrestle it back out of her hands) and she managed a handful of whipped cream off my iced coffee (that was fun to clean up before it reached her mouth!) so I think it's safe to say she's ready (Mum's not though!). She has been watching us for a while, and we have sat her at the table in a high chair, but I did want to wait until six months, but she has been a bit unsettled in the evenings lately, so perhaps she is hungry. I think I will try an evening/afternoon meal tomorrow. OMG I am soooooo not ready for this, my little girl is growing up.......
    Last edited by milly5; March 2nd, 2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: message to HPL

Quote Originally Posted by milly5 View Post
    OMG I am soooooo not ready for this, my little girl is growing up.......
    i so hear you on this one! it's like a and a all at once lol!

Hi girls! sorry that it has been ages! i have been reading but not posting much as i am quite stressed with life transition (submitting phd and now looking for work).

MamaS: wowsers! you have a super model for a son! watch out calvin klein!! ahh my girls can only dream of heights like that
    Have you been in to see the paed yet? it must be such a worrying time for you; i remember when DD1 had all the allergic reactions to fruit, it was such a harrowing time until we got answers and an action plan IYKWIM.

HPL: we are moving Marta into the room with leila in a couple of weeks...so i will be 'sharing' those 1am feeds in the cold room soon . I hope that little Audrey is feeling a bit better: it's so hard when they are a bit crook at this age as you can't tell them that it will pass. i love now that i can tell DD1 to prop her head up on the pillow AND to blow her nose lol...ahhh the small things lol.

sorry i dont have any real advice with the BF. i would hazard that it is related to the cold. have you checked her for an ear infection? i found that DD1 used to stop feeding when her ears were sore. just a thought.

(and that is GREAT news about the TTC in december!!! you lucky duck!).

Milly: have you got a grobag or similar for bubba? i have a whole swathe of them and they seem to be a great transition from swaddling. we have a two winter ones and a few summer ones. i actually prefer 'bubbaroo' over grobags but that is personal preference.

opps gotta go, off to townsville on my own with the girls

Milly5: I have now deleted everthing you should be able to PM me now. SORRY!!!! Ask away my dear ... Audrey is stil wrapped at night, we have an original Swaddle wrap, she just has a nappy on and it keeps her cool/warm enough during the night.... And yes she is very petite (sp) she should be 6kgs by now lol was just over 5.5kg at her 4mh needles.... No way would she fit into 00 or 0 most things in 000 still dont fit but i put her in them coz i think what a waiste of summer clothes lol

bugger bubba awake... ill come back and finish!!

Hi ladies,

I am having a shocker today, another one of those "getting it all wrong" kind of days .......

It all started when I tried to set up the high chair I bought yesterday - and it is crappy! not as adjustable as I thought! the tray comes up to her neck! I am so mad at myself for not checking that the tray height is adjustable independent of the seat.

It got worse, when I tried to put her down for a nap. She just won't sleep. Is allergic to it I am sure.
    I was still in pj's at 3.00pm, finally got breakfast at 1.00pm! mummy had tears to match DDs today.

And I tried some solids today, probably not a good day to do it in hindsight, but I figured if she was snatching at my toast than she probably wanted something. So I made up some rice cereal - didn't work, stayed gritty and yuk, I tried a second lot in the microwave, and just ended up with goo exploding everywhere. And what little I could salvage, she just screwed her face up and spat it out (it did taste pretty gross, even with EBM mixed through). So I tried some sweet potato, both mashed and a piece for her to hold and gnaw on - nup, not interested. And I tried a teething rusk, as her teeth (still not here) have been bothering her, but the rusks are too big for her mouth. But then she still tried to grab at DH dinner. I am all in for baby led weaning, but chowmein is probably not a good place to start!

I just feel like I have absolutely no idea what I am doing, that what I am doing is all wrong, and I don't think that winging it is really working.

PS:

HPL - I still can't send you a PM! you may have to delete some sent items too (that's what I had to do, I had emptied my inbox but not my sent items)

Cass - I have got a grow bag but it's a bit heavier (for winter), I will check out the other brand you mentioned!

Mily I'm soooo sorry it didn't occur to me to delete the sent box - but it's done now, sounds like your day was a bit like mine last week... I have learnt that being a mummy/daddy means feeling like yiu know nothing and doing everythin wrong!!BUT turns out most of us feel that way too - lol - bubba will grow into the highchair - took
    me a few goes to get her solids right too, I think pumpkin might be too rich- it's all trial and error my love!!

I'm using mu iPhone so can't really type
    much, will try over ther weekend to do more posts !!!

Night

oh milly! i had to have a wee giggle at the image of exploding goo lol! ahhh that musta been a hoot trying to clean!

FWIW...marta's first "meal" was spag bog lol! she stole it from my plate...here is the album with a pic of her doing this dastardly deed (sorry dont know how to send a pic at a time...i am computer illiterate lol)...

Marta in February

that tomorrow is a sweeter day for you babe...those days are tough as xx

AFM: well we survived the 3 hour flight to townsville lovin' the heat and being with my mum! but man oh man i miss DH already...he just called from the airport...waahhhhhh i wish i was going to london lol!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast