Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Babies born~September 1st-15th 2010 #1

Omg how quiet is it in here..... I'm guessing we're all busy with our bubbas, hope everyone is doing really!!

Cass hope your enjoying Tville hope the weather isn't too wet for you!!!

we are having a blast!!! although the hammering rain put a dampner (get it? lol ) on activities for a bit (we had 175mm fall in 6 hours).

but have done loads of swimming and bbqs and promenades with gelato in the evening. the girls are loving it!

I have felt a bit lonely though as DH isnt here to share in it all. he is busy travelling the world in style ...yes i am green with envy haha! also, marta is sleeping in the room with leila and i feel a bit funny (read lonely) not having her in with me. but i am so proud of my girls sleeping in the same room and it does seem to work really well. DD1 doesnt even wake up when Marta cries and vice versa.

i have also noticed that Marta's appetite has grown exponentially. prior to this it was more a sensory thang...now it is a sustenance thing for her. so full on! she now demands food and can hammer a whole bowl of whatever is in front of her. just yesterday she scoffed a scone with me and still asked for more lol. i just finished giving her some mushroom risotto that i made last night....she went beserko for it. so quite the winner. i think she likes the fact that she can grab a good handful of rice and chow down on it IYKWIM. she likes to think she is a fully emancipated woman and all

Hi ladies!

Darn! My post from yesterday isn't here, I must have shut the computer down too quickly, DOH!

Anyway, my post from yesterday went something like...

WE HAVE A TOOTH!!! I felt it yesterday, but wasn't sure if it was really there and then this morning it was really poking out!

I think I said that DD doesn't like sweet potato but likes pears (but won't touch or hold it as she hates gooey stuff on her hands, so I had to hold it for her to gnaw on, but she ate some stewed pears. And no rice goo - makes her constipated, but that was another thread... so we are going back to the baby-led only (as I had originally planned - I only gave her some mush as I thought she was hungry as she had began waking again for night feeds, but I'll put up with the night feeds for now).

DD has grown - she now won't use her little potty but insists on her potty chair, where she sits like she really is on a throne LOL! And she likes going to play group, and watching the big kids. She sat up in chair support thing, holding a book, watching everything going on and she looked like one of those old men who sit on their front veranda with the paper watching the world go by, it was so funny, and of course I didn't have my camera!

Yeah, I think I said "yes it is quiet, how is everyone?"
    How are you doing Cherished?
    And I think I said thanks HPL for the encouragement.

And I think I asked how you PM or post a photo if you don't have a facebook or other photo internet site thingy....

I can't remember what else I wrote, but that will do.

So today's addition.....
    Cass - little Marta sounds like "hungry hungry hippo!" LOL! she loves her food! Did you cry when she "moved out"?

AFM - well, we went to a family thingy today, and DD got passed around, well not really but she did get held by a few people so I could do some normal things like eat and go to the bathroom. She did alright with the "stranger" thing, but then she would realise that I wasn't there, and would just burst into tears! Big tears, with screams! OMG how will she go at daycare! I am getting so worked up about this I know, but I can't help it! She has a review with ortho for her hips this month and I am still more worried about daycare than I am about her next appt! DH says I am over-reacting (well yes, I know that, rationally, but still).

morning everyone I know I've been MIA! we are having major computer problems in our house dh's crashed completely and mine has been crashing on and off for months now but has really decided it's time to crash properly, just when dh's blew up so dh has managed to fix his by putting in a new hard drive, mine is completley stuffed so I'm getting dh's old one and he'll buy a new computer. But in the mean time I don't really have a computer so am 'sharing' which really means that I get to use it when dh is asleep or on the loo!

DS is GREAT! loves, loves, loves his food! and everything is a hit. but he's having a little bit of trouble getting the poos out I've been giving it to him 2 times a day. IN the morning he'll either have rice or oats with a fruit afterwards and in the evening he'll have the other rice or oats with a vegi afterwards. I find it hard to get the spoon off of him! I often have to hold the bowl up to his hand and use his hand with the spoon in it to get the food out lol and he loves it on him hands milly heheheh I also started giving him a sippy cup after each feed with just a little water in it which he also took too like a trooper. I cried thinking my baby was a big boy now lol yesterday I put a teaspoon of organic dark grape juice in about 3 teaspoons of water and was hoping it would help his stools, they are so dry even when he does get on out. I know pear helps too. what other suggestions do you girls have? I thought he would be reasonably fine seeing he's not having fortified iron food and still BF'ing heaps...... Back after 5 mins... DS just had some movement without crying and it was pretty big! Looks like the grape juice worked Last night dh and I were giving ds some sweet pot for dinner and we heard a very clear YUM!!!! It's great as we've heard him say mumma lots when he is stuck and needs me to pick him up or move him but never YUM. We always say it at every feed so we figure it was on purpose not just a sound kwim and he didn't say a long mmmmm at the end like a googahh sound either so YAY for the word YUM

In other news I have AF back Can't wait to have a few cycles to see if everything is ready for ttc #2 woohoooo!! I thought it wasn't going to be back for ages as ds still feeds through the night 2-4 hrs apart. Then I thought it may be from starting solids but you still need to ovulate before having a period and I got af back 2 weeks after starting solids so I doubt I ovulated the day solids started just because I started ds on solids... did that make any sense?

DS is not crawling and I've only caught him on his knees a couple of times but I have found him up on his hands and toes like an adult doing a push up, very impressive.

And I have a work from home job at this stage it's something dh and I will be doing together but essentially it's an event management / PA role which can be done 100% from home. I'm really excited about it because if it's going well then I will have a choice about going back to my old job rather than having to YAY!!!

OK my time is up... sorry for such an all about me post. There's loads to catch up on which I will do at some stage when I get my very own computer. I think dh will order a new one today so by next week I'll be set.

One quick question, what do your bubs sleep in? ds hates covers and even the grobag. I'm thinking of getting those sleeping suits for him, anyone use those? if so what brand?

love you all xo

Okay firstly cherished :P I am so totally jealous that AF has come back for you!! Good luck for TTC#2, DF and I are soooooo looking forward to TTC#2 it's ridiculous (sp) anyone would like DD is 3 or 4 yrs old not 6mths HAHAHA

Awesome about the solids too... Audrey pretty well eats anything these days, haven't tried banana, but has had pretty much all the vegies you can think of!! Audrey had some segments of Peach she just held it in her hands and munched away lol...

Mily: YAY on the Tooth!! Which one is it? Audrey is getting her top right eye tooth, poor bubba, they are apparently really quite painful, and unusual for her first but she is a weird kid LOL just like her mummy !!

AFM: DD is SITTING UP ALL BY HERSELF!! so proud, can not believe how much she has developed in the last 2 weeks! its amazing, we dont think she will crawl though, more be like mummy and go from sitting to walking, she can hold herself up if she holds on the couch - she can't pull herself up we stand her up and put her hands / arms on the couch and she stands for a little bit, which is how she started when sitting up!! shes enjoys her bellytime and rolls back to front front to back but not really interested in getting up on all fours just yet.... not too bothered!!

whoops... Cass: Hows T'ville treating you now the weather is meant to be betteR? Where in EU has DH gone? I'd be a little jealous if DF went without us hahaha!!

Gotta go sorry ladies!!

A MASSIVE HAPPY 6MTHS BIRTHDAY TO MY GORGEOUS GIRL!!! LUV YOU!!!!

HPL AF snuck up on me pretty quickly so you never know maybe we can be ttc buddies too! Fantaist on the sittin gup. DS has been doing that for a while now and it's great as there's a whole new world of toys now we do put pillows around him at home when we leave him alone although he thinkis it's pretty funny when he slowly falls over lol I havn't tried DS standing on the ground hanging onto anything, I think I'll give that a go.

Cass how are you going with yoru DH away... gosh I've missed HEAPS!

dh ordered his new computer but it could take a couple of weeks to get here so I will still be on and off pretty quickly.

hi girls!

man, i posted this super awesome long post and it frikkin got lost sooooooo annoying!

anyway, i'll try again!

Milly: wahoo on the tooth! that is way cool! i bet she looks cute to boot!
    that is so funny how they are so paticular and definite about their food tastes so early on lol. marta just has an aversion to all things orange. she cant get enough green or anything meat, but orange freaks her out lol.
    her biggest hit this week has been garlic and chicken balls, pesto pasta (got those HUGE ones so funny to watch her try to wrangle those lol) and broccoli sticks. i love the way that they sit there going: "mmmmm mmm mmmm" the whole time haha!

Cherished: that is so cool that your body is on track for TTC! you guys are in sync! when you do you think you'll start the journey again?
    as for sleep attire...we go the bubaroo which is just like a grobag so no real use for you. does he need covers?? i was thinking that if you just layer him up with a singlet, socks and wondersuit he should be ok? do you have heating for the room?

(and congrats on the job babe! that must be a big relief for you guys and YAY for not having to go back to the old job...i remember it wasnt you most favourite place ).

HPL: wow that is amazing that she wants to stand lol! go Audrey! man, she could be walking soon...we had a kid walk at just before 9 months in our MG
    DH went to London then to LA. apparently he bought us some presesnts...but he told me to "manage" my expectations....this is the man that one christmas bought me a water bottle. yep, a water bottle. nothing else. didnt even wrap it. so when he tells me to manage expectations, oh boy i do lol!

AFM: well the rain in townsville has let up momentarily so we are off to the water park. it's a free activity on the beachfront that is basically a big ol playground suped up with jets and waterfall style things with a big bucket that dumps gallons of water on ones head every 10 mins or so. DD1 loves it and Marta just likes to splash around and be run through the waterfall. after that we are getting some fish and chips and gelati. mmmmm mmm mmmmm.
    i get back to melbourne on thursday. it will be good to be home. i love it up here but am missing my home and my DH and my animals. i hate living so far from family though, and poor mum does miss out on so much of the girls. last time she saw marta she was a newborn and now 6 months later she is sitting up, trying to crawl, eating like a horse...time speeds up with kids around.

HI ladies,

just a very quick post (sorry I haven't even read posts yet) to let you all know that "happy 6 month birthday to my baby" and she had her first swimming lesson today, and she was really good, I thought she would hate it but she didn't, yay!

be back later, probably in a day or two!

HI ladies,

I'm back! I guess we are all busy as no-one came in after me LOL!

Cherished - good to see you again, I am glad it was only the computer. Congrats on your work from home job! sounds fab!
    And good to hear your DS loves his food. It seems like all you ladies have good eaters. My DD is still only "tasting" really.
    I am glad you are happy about AF! Mine also came back yesterday, but I am not quite so happy about it yet. I was enjoying being AF free! Also though, I feel really run down, and was surprised to hear my body say "yes you are getting enough rest and exercise, and adequate nutrition and even though you are still breast feeding you are now fertile too" I kind of liked the fact that my body had previously said, "no you're not quite ready yet" *sigh* we weren't planning on TTC until I went back to work (and be eligible for maternity leave again ) oh well, I guess I'll get a few cycles in to warm up.
    My DD sleeps in a romper suit and I am still wrapping her for night sleeps (not for day sleeps unless she is really unsettled. So I am not much help on that question. I have looked at the grobags and bumbaroos, but haven't got one yet. Well, tell a lie, I do have a grobag - got it from an aunt at our baby shower, but - bub was born in sept, and it was a 3-6 mo 2.5 tog (ie max warmth) - I really want to say WTF? given that we live in the southern hemisphere!!! Needless to say she will definately have grown out of it before we get to use it. I haven't even tried it out yet as it is way to warm to use yet :shakeshead:

HPL - DD tooth is the bottom front left. I too thought she was going to get a top eye tooth as she was forever digging there with her finger, but apparently they move around and they all give them a bit of grief while the one suspect is coming through!

Cassius - on the pressents! DH and I don't do birthday or christmas presents for each other (though we will have to now for DD sake!) so one year I bought him a new pair of thongs just because he needed them, but shoved them under the bed till christmas and gave them to him still in the plastic bag ha ha! but the funny thing was he was more upset that he hadn't got me anything!

Have you ladies given your bubs cheese and eggs yet? or are you waiting a bit longer? I was told nine months for those.

oops.. the anti sleep is awake, gotta dash....

just a stir....

ok, our news is (apart from swimming lessons in previous post) is that DD has an ear infection - not from the pool, she has had it a little while.
    I thought she was just pulling at her ears from teething but when we went to the Dr yesterday for her needles, she actually has an ear infection in both ears, and is now on antibiotics - horrible "glow in the dark" pink keflex. Poor poppet. And she hates it, so it is a battle to get her to take them! Here's hoping they clear it up.

OK, so it wasn't a stir and now she is awake - a grand total of 35 mins sleep! :shakeshead:
    Last edited by milly5; March 18th, 2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: added a bit

OK, I know I'm dominating the thread now, but I just had to tell you all that she has her second tooth! The front right bottom one! OMG! My little girl is growing up!

Milly! that is amazing!!!! we are still in the land of gum gums lol!

is DDs ear infection clearing? i found that once they get the ABs it clears so fast...i hope that this is the case for you guys xx

did you have any clear signs of AFs imminent arrival?? i dont seem to have any. am thinking i should do a HPT JIC. it freaks me out that it hasnt returned.

Marta has had cheese by accident...does that count lol?! i accidently gave her some pesto gnocchi that i had put parmesan in. she didnt flare up or anything, but I still want to wait a bit as we have asthma and eczema in the family (oh the joys).

AFM: well we are back in melbourne. Marta has now moved to DD1s bedroom...sniff sniff it's all a bit sad really that she is not in with us. but her and DD1 just love it! they fall asleep together and DD1 sleeps through any night wakeups and vice versa. so i guess i should just be happy that they are happy

hope that everyone is well and dandy!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617