Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 1st-15th 2010 #1

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Cas - arrh I dont envy the thesis writing. But your thesis sounds really interesting! Keep plugging away at it and you will get it done. I found when writing mine, it was just starting to write something that was hard..but once I started I usually got more than expected done. So good luck with the getting started part - hope bubs lets you get a bit done!
    so true...i am frustrated because i only really have about a weeks worth of editing to do. just a few paragraphs and then i can submit. but i got sooo tired at the end of the pg that i just stopped...and now here i am needing just that bit of time, which ATM is impossible lol!

HI girls how are you all going? well we've decided to co-sleep again to try to get DS sleep longer stints at a time and then put him back in his cot once he's used to it. Last night e manged to get him back to sleep by putting the dummy in when he woke up before he started to be too vocal and that managed to keep him calm and drift off again. In the cot by the time we got there even though it's in the same room he'd be more awake and I'd end up feeding him. SO hopefully we can get him into waking for food every 3.5 hours or longer instead of every 2 ish

I've gotta go, be back later for persies

hi girls!

here has been pretty good. marta is feeling better (yay!!) and the building works are starting to take shape and it should all be over by tuesday (even bigger YAY!).

it was funny because i was starting to get really exhausted and wondering when/if Marta's sleep overnight would ever improve (we were for about 3 nights doing multiple wake-ups); and then two nights ago she slept through...as in the whole night . she musta known that mama was about to pass out on the floor lol! so amazing to put her down at 6.30 and not get up to her until 4.30am! then she had a feed and slept until 7am . woah baby, one could get used to that lol! of course last night was not as awesome bahahaha (down at 7, woke for a snack at 8, then again at 1.30 then again at 6.30...and is about to wake up now...). i am selfishly that she does a few more full nights....because man they feel good lol!

Cherished: I know what you mean about getting there quick! i too have found that if you get there just at the right time, you can just lay a hand etc on them and they go back down without an issue...but miss that boat and . i hope that you can get a bit more gap between the wake-ups. i find the 2 hourly shin-dig nigh on impossible to sustain for sanity's sake.

ooops, i can hear a little possum waking...bbl!

Hi ladies!!!

how are you all doing?
    we're doing good here!

Hopefully the harness will be off in 2 weeks FX!!!!
    DD is still sleeping right through the night, though has woken earlier if she is tired and goes down earlier. I tried the dream feed again and some nites she does, some she doesn't. When she wakes at 5.00am I do a dream feed, and that now gets her through to 6.30! happy mum! So 6.30 is when we get up and do the nappy, big feed, another nappy, more feed and another nappy!!! At the moment we're still in 'sposies 'cos of the harness, but I am wondering if when we go to the cloth that she will wake up at night?
    Although we sleep great at night, day time sleeps are still a bit of a drama. mum was missing some of the tired signs which didn't help, but even so, she SOOO seems to fight sleep during the day and will wake with a disturbance that at night she will sleep thru. And she also doesn't like the bassinette in the day, prefering mums arms or being worn in the sleepywrap.

question - at what age do they generally go from basinette to cot? we have the bassinette in our room, but the cot is in the next room. I was wanting to "transition" by moving the bassinette into the nursery for a few weeks to get her used to it and was just wondering when I should start.

HPL - I was thinking of going back to work around easter - so 6 month ish. not that I want to!

cherished - I am SOOO jealous that you have the TIME to do sewing. I got my machine fixed about three weeks ago (after stuffing it - by not cleaning it properly after making my brest pads - so do clean yours after making you boosters!) and I STILL haven't even plugged it in yet. oh well, one day. what sort of fabric do you use for liners? I bought a pack of flushable ones just to start with, but haven't made my washable ones yet.

Christmas - well, DH and I have previously been a bit humbugish (strong emotional links with angel #1 and putting up the christmas tree - which later went in the bin and hasn't been seen since) We used to do "anti-christmas" at home on christmas day - watch dvds and stuff unrelated to christmas, and then do the family thing on boxing day. Anyway, this year we are starting a new tradition. Each year we are going to buy a live tree and then each year after christmas plant it in the ground oh, and we have gone all out I bought some very cute boubles

Cassius - don't feel bad about he redness/rash - Isobel had one under her arms that literally sprung up in a day. she has such deep armpits that I now put cream on them whenever its hot. She also gets it on her hips but I can't do anything about that till the harness is off Its hard with the fat rolls. I bought her an amber necklace, but it gets burried in her neck fat rolls that we have to dig it out!
    Come on Cass, finish that thesis!! (supportive cheering!!)

hello to all the other ladies I missed!!

bye for now!
    Last edited by milly5; December 1st, 2010 at 09:54 AM. Reason: added a bit

hi girls, gosh I've been pretty slack in here lately! I've been totally side tracked with DS and sleeping and bruising on his legs.... for anyone who's interested here's the thread http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ng-149513.html basically it is from the strapping for his feet so I've spent a fair while worrying about that. Sleep wise I don't know if the co-sleeping has done toooo much but I seem to be sleeping better anyway. Last night he slept for 4.5 hours and then 3 hour stints after that.

Milly gosh I'd just loooooove to have his sleep through the night! and woooohoooo for that harness coming off! Love your christmas tradition sounds like it'll really take off and end up being very special for you guys I noticed that the sewing machine get prety dirty with fluff and was thinking how handy a little brush would be to clean it but it doesn't come with one... maybe an old tooth brush would do the trick? The liners are made out of microfleece. I bought it on line and have several bright colours. I cut them up with my guillotine. They're great and come out of the washing machine almost dry I find DS sleeps pretty much the same in cloth or disposables but maybe that's because he wakes up so often so it's not making any difference? We do have him in a spossie for his 1st sleep cause we know it'll be his longest one but after that it doesn't seem to matter. Re the cot, ds has been sleeping in the cot for weeks during his day time sleeps and then he was also in there at night for a couple of weeks but we've just started having him in our bed again to see if he'll sleep longer. We did have one of those head support thingos in his cot like what you can put in the pram or car seat but just today I've taken it out and he had his 1st nap today in the cot with nothing but a sheet over him and he slept great.

Cass poor little Marta and her red raw rash I hope it's better now, far out don't you feel horrible when they have a rash! DS's little bottom took weeks to heal and now I'm so careful and after each poo that I've had to wipe I put on the zinc and caster oil cream which I find much nicer than the straight zinc as it's softer and goes on easier. I also noticed the other day that DS was 'crusty' under his chin I mustn't have cleaned under there properly and I dare say the 'crust' was vomit and milk and God knows what it was a little red too so I cleaned it with a cotton tip thingo and put the cream on and it cleared up in a couple of days.

fuzzy that is great your DH will be home, I can't even tell you how great it is to have dh home so much to help. Only now am I kinda ok when he's not here. I feel like such a softy as I know other mums do it on their own right from the start but when you have the extra hands there you really notice when they are gone.

HPL in my missing post I had said to you that it's weird when bub is awake isn't it. Sometimes I think DS wakes up and is happy laying there and when I wake up I have no idea how long he's been like that. Or if he's awake and I go to sleep I think he will just lay there happy too. It's great you love christmas so much, I do too. So many great memories as a kid too. Our tree looks GREAT! love the new lights and my new tree and I've gone with silver, gold, green and red decos. As for pressies there wont be any cause we don't give gifts but my parents will be here this year so they might bring some to go under the tree?

Hi girls!

Milly: that is awesome news about the brace! yay that it is all correcting itself good and proper!
    Lovely that you guys are starting out a new tradition it is hard when we come up to those times when we have lost our angel bubbas. October is always a bit weird like that for me.
    Marta also has really super deep armpits lol! i find all sorts of *interesting* things up them :vomit:

Cherished: how is the transition back to your bed going? i find that Marta sleeps her big first sleep in her cot, then in the morning she stays in with me. i find that that second shorter sleep, she isnt so deep in her sleep and can easily wake, so have boob-on-tap works well for us ATM
    I saw that thread on bruising...i was looking at it as Marta has a bruise on her knee! i think hers might be from either an overzealous big sister or me putting her in the bouncer and maybe rubbing her leg on the strap or something like that. doesnt seem to phase her though lol
    BTW i LOVE your new avatar! did you do it yourself??? i am trying to do one for myself but am finding it a bit tricky as this silly computer doesnt have paint or photoshop...arghh!

AFM: well we have been super busy with friends and building etc. the wall in our house is now up, the original window has been reconstructed (used to have one of those truly ugly air con units from the 80s in it. and the shonky floorboard will be replaced tomorrow and then we are all done! (that is until we rip down the other wall and redo the bath and kitchen hahaha...we are suckers for punishment.
    I have also finally taken marta in to the osteo to helo with her posterior tongue-tie. after all the research i did i believe that in our case it is not necessary to cut, that we can bypass that through the osteo that has the added benefit of adjusting her whole body post birth etc. it was pretty amazing to watch. she cradled Marta and very gently moved her bits and bobs and was able without prompting to tell that she was posterior to the right, had her arm up on her cheek, and had the cord around her neck! apparently Marta was quite off angle and very very tense in her upper back muscles. she also has a slight twist on her right hip, and that she reckons is probably why her poos are few and far between and on "poo" day she is really out of sorts and unhappy. she did a little bit of adjustment on it and by that afternoon she was pooing 'til the cows came home lol! we will see her again next week to finish up the cranio osteopathy and the hip one and then she should be good as rain! YAY!
    Also have met up with a few BB girls this week! some from Leila's baby buddy group and today with persephone...wow, what lovely ppl we have on here!

ooops gotta go, DH is home! BBL

Cas h ow wonderful is it to meet up with BB girls! I missed a meet up on Tuesday but my other BB friend who I see pretty often now went along so I'm sure she can fill me in on everything. How great are the natural therapies! I love, love, love my acupuncture and chiro and I know of some wonderful osteo's where I live too, so glad you are getting great results. Last night bub was in our bed and was feeding every 2 hours so being in our bed isn't working all the time?????? I was having him in his cot for the 1st big sleep and then in with us so I think I might start that up again as of tomorrow night because dh is on holidays again. Its really nice to have him in bed with me when dh is on night shift though so I'll keep doing that Yep I did my avvy myself, I love it too, I'll send you a pm re photoshop etc .

AFM well I kinda feel like I'm coming down with something? heavy head, feel hung over etc and I feel sick in the stomach. might go to bed early when ds does tonight as in 6pm or there abouts.

Ah yeah so much for going to bed with DS he has been grizzeling for an hour so he had a shower with DH before he headed off to work then it took him half an hour to settle donw enough to take the boob and after the 1st go he started up again then I sang to him while he calmed back down and finally he is asleep and I don't feel like going to sleep now cause I've been all worked up with him anyway I started watching Mr & Mrs Smith with dh during ds's 2 hour nap today and I reckon we got 3/4 of the way through which is a great effort I think so now I will be able to watch the rest of that over a quiet dinner be myself. Ahhhh sighs peace lol

ahhhh cherished....you aint pregnant are you heavy head, nausea...hmmm lol!

ohh it's crazy when they go crazy isnt it?! was he just tired? Marta was doing that this evening and basically looked at me and told me to leave her alone and put her down in her bed and seriously, she just crashed and has been asleep ever since you'd think i'd know the tired signs by now haha!

pregnant, I wish! LOL na I'd like to wait at least 4 more months hehehe. Yep the crazy think is just crazy lucky he isn't like that all the time needing to be settled to sleep, in fact I'd say that most days he goes straight down with the exception on after his bath he sometimes has to go straight to bed, other times feed or sometimes goes in his swing for 10 mins to wind down and then goes to bed. I shouldn't complain cause hes a great baby I think.... BUT last night he was feeding every 2 hours again Gosh I wish he'd go back to every 3 hours! today during the day I'm goign to try to feed him no sooner that every 2.5 hours, aiming for every 3 and hopefully I can train his stomach to not need for for at least 2.5 hours then I might get to sleep longer than 1.5hours at a time. But then I might just be carrying on over nothing, some days I am hungrier than others so why shouldn't he be any different kwim. I'll probably just end up feeding him whenever he's hungry lol As you will see from my ticker I have lost 4.3kg's in 4 weeks so today I am feeling pretty chuffed with myself and dh start leave again today so I thin kI'll be smiling from ear to ear especially when dh is looking after ds while I get some zzzzzzz's

hmmm it's quiet in here, how are you all going? The sleep deprivation has really kicked in here and fatigue has set in and really upsetting me DS is still feeding every 2-2.5 hours at night and getting up to him is not much fun when I want to sleep. I think I was coping 'ok' with it when he was going straight back to sleep but over the last week he's decided that he needs to stay away for half an hr or even an hour at least once during the night. Thankfully dh has been the one to stay up with him and put him back down. I really thought we were onto something when he was sleeping for 3 hours at a time but now it's kinda back to square one. I don't know what to do? Should I stretch out his day feeds to every 3 hours to get his belly used to 3 hourly feeds rather than 2 hourly? It's hard to know what to do because then I think that if he doesn't get enough milk during the day then he'll feed more at night. So then I think maybe I should feed him more than every 2 hours during the day? far out it's impossible to know what the right thing is, all I know is that at the moment he's feeding 2 hourly around the clock

Other than the sleep issues DS is great I'm waiting to see him roll from back to front any day now and I've just made up 4 little play stations around the house with different mats and toys on them so that'll be great to be able to put him down whatever room I'm in and know it's all there to keep him entertained. DH goes back to work Monday after a couple of weeks off so I"m not looking forward to him being gone at all, I really need his help at the moment.

hey girls!

wow it has been a long time between posts! we have been super busy and frightfully dealing with a suddenly very awake baby. so tired central here too lol!

cherished: hmmm that is a tricky one! i would give a go at stretching out just one day feed to three hours. doesnt have to be all of them, but try it once and see how he feeds with that one. we had to do that with marta a month back as she was feeding like every hour and half without fail. i pretty much demand feed her, but yeah if it is getting crazy then i try to stretch out a feed or if she is just cluster feeding because she is tired i try to put her to bed without boob (i unashamedly feed her to sleep most of the time ).
    the 2 hourly feeding overnight is hard babe i would hazard a guess that it is more for comfort than dietary need IYKWIM. TBH if that were me i would be pulling my hair out so massive . on that one, i think the sleep deprivation would force my hand to try not to feed that often and try to comfort to sleep instead. that way he can fall asleep without a boob so that when he does a brief wake-up after 2 hours there might be a chance that he then falls back asleep...i dont know, i'd give it a try and if it doesnt work, give him boob! boob is our friend

if it's any consolation we too have just started having parties in the bed! Marta has taken to waking around 3am and partying until dawn. she is not unhappy as such but just chatting away, grizzling demanding lots of boob. last night was insane from 1.30am basically to dawn. i was SHATTERED today. luckily there was a work xmas party and i had a champagne to make it all better lol.

oohh i think Marta and your bub are on the similar path with rolling! marta has taken to rolling from her tummy to her back. and from her back can roll to her side, but doesnt have the strength yet to get all the way over (she was practicising that alot at 1.30am this morning ).

tee hee hee, i also have taken to having a couple of playmats out. i have one in the lounge and the other in the dining and for outside i just drag out her mat...the trees appear to be a toy in themselves for her ATM. i just wish we had sunnier days....

Well this sux!! I only got on here by chance!! I haven't gotten ANY emails to say 'replies to thread' grrr how annouying......

Cherished: sorry to hear about the sleeping/feeding "fun" that's going on - I'd have to agree with Cass and try to stretch out the day feeds see if that helps rather the night... Audrey usually wakes at 430-5pm I give her a feed when she wakes then daddy time bath and another feed at 6ish ... By 630 she's zonked out in her craddle til 530-6am - I think the cluster feed that late helps with the sleeping through....

Cass: jealous that bubs is rolling over!! That's awesome news, Audrey rolls from stomach to side - stays like that and finds something intertesting to look at and forgets she's about to rol over - LOL - in time no pressure... She has really started to enjoy her books and music time, we read around 5books at a time so she must be interested in them ...

We're just crusing along here nicely, nothing really to report.... My IL's are up this weekend - oh my should you ladies have seen my MIL face when she saw where bubs sleeps- LOL - they lent us the families rocking craddle that's like 80yrs old sooooooo beautiful honestly, but the part to stop it from rocking has worn down, as it would after 80yrs - and coz bubs likes to move in her sleep - even though she's wrapped - it comes unstuck and poor bubs ends up face smooched against the side railing, craddling on a lean and of course when you try to move it all back she wakes up... SoOOO we took off the craddle/bed part from the stand and have just that part on the floor next to our bed - DP even made a lovely stand so she is inline perfectly with our bed.... Well anyone would have thought we used the craddle as woodschips on the garden the way she was acting - I couldn't help but laugh - nothing ruined at all it's just not how she wants it used - even though originally it was my FIL not MIL craddle - he loves the idea - hehehehe....

Well must be off bubs finished the boob need to burn change and put her down again, gotta love quick feeds ( sorry shouldn't say that )

hey cherished! i have the BEST sleep tip for overnight....take him to your work xmas party and let him dance all night lol! we got marta home and put her straight to bed and she didnt wake until 7.30am then went down again until 9am lol. ahhh if only it were like that everynight!

HPL: that is really cool that she loves to read books! i love reading books to DD1...hmmm must make an effort to read to Marta on the days that Leila is at kindy...atm we are too busy outside lapping up sunshine lol.

Bloody hell..... I thought I was on a winner yesterday, DS's feeds were 3 hours, 2.5 hrs, 3hrs and then 2.5 hours and he went to bed at 7pm rather than between 6 and 6:30 SO with all that and BIG feeds when he had them I was sure he'd sleep for at least 4 hours and was hoping for 5 but NO he slept for 2 hours and woke for the feed I got up for him 4 times last night and one of them was one 1.5hrs. It's hard to imagine he was actually hungry. He was 12 weeks old yesterday so maybe he was having a growth spurt feeding thingo????? Anyway cas today we are going to a BBQ so hopefully that will get him nice and tired for tonight! Speaking of books one of DS's grandmas gave him "wherever you go my love will find you" FANTASTIC book, I started crying when I read the 1st page lol We still haven't seen DS roll from Back to front but he gets onto his side esy and we can see him trying to flip himself over so any day now it'll happen, I think I should have the video camera ready heheh

Hi ladies,
    sorry, no persies....
    just a very brief hello to say - yep growth spurt here too! now gone back to night feeds and feeding ALL day it seems (because we don't need to sleep during the day!!!!). I am baby-wearer extrodinairre!
    I'm just hanging out for Thursday when we find out if DD gets to have harness removed. FX FX FX FX
    bye for now

howdy folks milly I really hope the harness comes off too!!!

last night I thought I was onto a winner! DS's nap time happened to fall at around 5pm and in the past I'd try to stretch him to about 6 thinking he'd then be even more tired and may sleep better. Anyway I put him down for a nap and risked him thinking it was bed time and sleeping for 2 hours. But he only slept for 20 mins. He was then great till about 6:30 where I then gave him his massage, shower with DH and then a big fed then bed at 7. WOOHOOO to my excitment I can report aht he slept for 3 hours, then had a feed, slept for another 3 hours and I was feeling pretty chuffed! But then he didn't settle for about an hour finally I decided to try and feed him laying in bed and he can then fall asleep n ext to me. That worked and I don't know how much time passed casue I feel asleep (maybe 30 mins) and I shifted him over and poped towels around him like we do so he was in his own little bed between us. around an hour later I wake up to him grizzeling and that turned into distress, he vomited HEAPS in bed while he was laying down so it went everywhere and he was really upset. dh picked him up and he calmed down pretty quickly but we then had to wipe him down and clean up and it all took a while so I decided to feed him again as he obviously had an empty stomach. Luckily for me he feed well and went back down and slept for another couple of hours. SO at the end of it all feel like I did get to sleep last night. 3 hours is soooooo much better than 2!

us too! Marta about a week ago was crazy feeding! and up a couple of times overnight and waking super early in the morning and then feeding, feeding, feeding! i was starting to go a bit crazy by Friday.

Milly: ohhh i hope this is it!!! only 2 more sleeps

Cherished: how did he go at the BBQ? was he the life of the party??!!

AFM: well, it would seem i am getting ANOTHER sore throat just when i thought i had had my share for the year...boo hoo. and i am all despondent as the oprah show is taping today and i'm not there lol! darn it! if only....

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast