Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 2006 #112

jacks kindy is school hrs or close enough to it, so will have from 9am till 2.45pm with just Luke so looking forward to it and the best bit its 5 houses away on the corner of our street so not getting in and out of the car, just a nice little stroll down the road

I hear ya about crap .... I asked for books for Lukes bday everyone but MIL and my mum complied, well mum had bought her gift when luke was like 3mths old so I forgave her, but MIL bought plasticy mower (jack has 2) another ride on (she bought jack 4 in 2yrs) and a little wheelbarrow all real ligthweight so not suitable to leave outside....anyway for xmas my boys are getting a larger ride on bigger digger thing from target to leave at agnes, plus a wow toy each, a duplo torch, a toy story bendable figurine, and a little other thing from us thats it, so the other day we say IL's who are going away fro 3mths WOOOOOO!! and she give us this bloody ride on alphabet train for luke another ride on...and this cheap nasty plastic BBQ for jack...we dont know if they are xmas gifts or just gifts *sigh* she wasn't happy that we got jack a timber kitchen for his bday...said I should have got something else, so am guessing the BBQ is along the lines of men cook on BBQ woman use the kitchen

so today I am going thru jacks room and donating all the plastic stuff to vinnies, stuff that doens't get used or ****es me off

my mum did well this year its clothes for all 6 grandkids and a book each

Yeah thats what I'm thinking of buying from the ILs to the kids, some nice outfits and book.

ahh My girls are getting a tramp this year...

Annika is doing kindy at her day care centre which is two full days a week and will continue to do that til she starts school in term 4 next yr as in SA they do termly intakes.

I have been reading girls but have been super busy, but today I am a cricket widow as my gorgeous DF is at the ashes match having a well deserved boys weekend, I dont know why but myself, SIL and MIL ave decided that having dinner with them in town tonight is a good idea, which Im sure we will live to regret when we see how drunk they are..

As most of you know M proposed while in QLD YAY and I have now finally got my ring back and it fits (original one was 6 sizes to big), we have decided to have a fairly large engagement party and a smallish back yard wedding.. so engagement party is Jan 29th and tomorrow I am going shopping with the inlaws (did i mention his family are friggen awesome too) for decorations and a dress!!

The wedding is booked for Oct 22 2011, didnt really want a long engagement and I dont want to TTC til we are married and the age gap is getting way to big for my liking... so after the wedding we are hoping to TTC!!!! maybe just maybe this time next yr I will be up the duff!!

Gee I have no idea why I am doing this all again!!! LOL

Hope everyone is doing well and huge hugs to you all xox

Ok girls. Need your advice. J has been waking and wanting to sleep with us as he says he is scared in his room. When I ask him what he is scared of, he says the scary things. I am not sure what is going on. WDYT if I was to put a mattress in our room and if he is scared he can go there?

I really think he is not scRed at all and just wants to be in our bed. Too sqashy for me. I do let him when DH is on night shift and maybe that us confusing him??!!

It certainly wouldn't hurt to put a mattress on the floor in your room, just so he feels safe somewhere. And in the meantime, try and work out what exactly he's scared of. So mention a few things (bad dream, no light, noises, or even maybe something he watched on tv that day, that he was scared of?)

Im with Jodi - go the mattress option if its going to help him...but so he doesnt get ot use to it maybe make some scarey go away spray. Wilhelm was scared witless of his room at the same age so we made some. He helped, glitter, little bit of salt and water..hey presto. I even got him to spray it were the scarey's come out..after 2 nights he was back in his own bed BUT kepts a little bottle of his spray next to his bed...just incase

Ness - OMG next year is going to be so full on for you!! How bloody fantastic! Im so happy that things are so positive and fantastic for you babe! What a great family to marry into to

We had Christmas with my parents on sunday as they are heading to Whyalla to spend christmas with my toe rag sister and family. Kids loved what they got, N got books (he's a real novel worm right now) W got DVD's, V a jewellery box and doll of course and M got tool's and a huge dump truck.

We got the small kids scooters, the older to pogo sticks (we always buy something for outside) and dont ask me the rest because I cant remember and its still at Kmart on layby we have set a limit of $200 per kid and as I have 2 of them having birthday's straight into Jan I have their bfday pressies on Layby aswell...W and M will both be getting new bikes. J and I dont get the kids clothing, we got clothes for most of our childhood for christmas and didnt want to carry the disapointment onto out children.

I was so hoping this blasted rain would have eased by now.....the ground is so wet that it cant even run off here anymore. I wanted to set up the tent this weekend for the kids to sleep out in.
    Praying that no roads to Melbourne from here are blocked.....big BB meet up saturday night and imstaying overnight in a hotel with some of the girls...cant wait

Oh yeah, that reminds me, with Nina we had a special wand (a wooden spoon that she picked lol) that would get the monsters out of her room. dh and I would go in her room, wave the wand around saying 'go away monster (or tiger I think it was at the time), nina needs to sleep'. Then we'd go back and tell her it was all clear. It worked

Presents sound awesome Maz Nina is getting a barbie car with a few barbies, and the shrek dvd's. Em is getting an arts and craft box, shopping trolley and stuff to put in that. Ambah is getting a box full of toys for 6 months+ and some wooden musical instruments.
    Have fun at the meetup this weekend, providing you can get there!

It's been soooooo hot here the past week. I'm half expecting a cyclone or something to come in the next couple of weeks!

meg we had a similiar problem a few months back he was scared of everything one night it was feathers anyway we went to incence shop got him to pick out some incence then that night we waved the incence around in his room it was the anti scary stuff, it worked would you beleive it he woke the next mornign going I was scared and had no scary dreams now maybe once a fortnight does he pull the I'm scared card but I can handle once a fortnight

I also found when jas eis doing nights and I let hm sleep in our bed that we do have problems getting him back in his room

Ok we have made some scary spray!

Maz I hope the rain holds for the meet up.

Jodi- E would love a trolley.

Rach- yeah I think letting him sleep in with me when DH is on night shift has a lot to do with it.

Beatrix- It all sounds so exciting, everything falling into place! How is the dress shopping going? You have anything in mind what you'd like? Engagement party mostly organised?

Meg- How is it going with the sleep? The scary spray helping?

Maz- photos of the BB Melb night look great!

Ive spent last few days sick, tosillitis, think the worst Ive had it cause throat killed for days and fevers and sweats, hoping ive dropped off kilos from sweating and not eating! Lol. Thank god for my mum helping me out, she always rushes over if I'm sick to help out. Im eternily greatful.

I'm getting excited for christmas.

so how is everyone

I can not believe that th sun is finally shining and its actually HOT!!!!!

J and I are renovating our bathroom and then we have to go buy some fencing for the pool.

Can you believe our babies turn 5 this year

I know they have just grown up too fast. Makes me sad that they are not babies any more.

Sunny here too Maz. Thinking of heading to the park as soon as E wakes. She is having a long sleep as she was up half the night, chatting and crying. Woke J twice with her racket!

How did the kids all enjoy Christmas? J had a blast. He got too spoilt - especially by my mum!

He is really in to lego at the moment, but it is just so expensive!

Def way to fast... I brought Annikas school uniform today.. She doesnt start til term 4 but it was cheap... she has pre entry for full time school in term 3.... holy [email protected]

beauitufl weather here too finally!! M is off plaing cricket and my girls (all 3) are sleeping so Im trying to catch up on everything.

Lots of wedding planning to do for me, we have our engagement party Jan 29th.. cant wait, things are good here for us (minus the exh situation but trying to deal with that is a grown up way)

Christmas was busy but great...

Hey Sept 06 Mummies. Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wishing you a wonderful and happy 2011 full of everything you wish for.

How's the rennos going Maz, the rennovating part is painful but the finished job is soooo worth it.

How was everyone's Christmas and New Year, anyone do anything exotic or have any exciting news to share...

All well here, 32 weeks and looking and feeling like a whale. We had a lovely christmas, just the four of us and New Years was very quiet too.

Yep, amazing, our little ones will be 5 this year, I am preparing myself for Rylee starting 4 year old kinder, that will be big for both of us and then Finny is going to go to Child care one day a week, really not sure how he will go as he is such a mummies boy, if he doesn't like it, I won't send him, just thought it would give him something else with me being busy with new baby stuff, so we will see. Oh and we are in the process of moving him into a new room and big bed, which isn't going as smoothly as I thought.

Yep, Melb's weather has been a bit ho-hum hasn't it, though the cooler weather is definitley much more comfortable.

Okay, better go and get on with things.
    L xxx

Laurin- wow not so long to go now! Better for cooler weather hey, I remember being preg in 09 and we had that summer with week long 40 degree temps, not fun! Do you know what you're having or planning a surprise? Getting names organised?

Ness- How does Adelaide schooling work? Do they start as soon as they turn 5 and go into prep then? If she does one term then of prep does she still go grade one the next year?

meg- My nephew is into lego so Ive learnt how $$$ it is! He usually asks for money for birthday/ xmas so he can put towards big ones. At least it keeps them busy. we had a great time over xmas weekend. very tiring tho!

Maz- Ive been following yr reno pics on FB, are you both good with handy work or you hire people in? We're pretty hopless here, tho since owning our place we are learning to do more things.

We've just been enjoying time off together, I managed to get annual leave over xmas and new year and DF on school holidays so been nice to do stuff together.

Meg - yes Lego...omg I get so sick of it at times but it makes the boys happy. I was lucky because J had alot of it from when he was a kid but its not the same as the stupid toy story ones that W wants for his birthday on the 16th. I am so jealous of you going to the park...I bet it was gorgeous.

Ness - OMG engagment party already!!! Holly cow thats come quick!! Are you finding it easier or just as hard planing a second one? Man I take my hat off to you, I loved my wedding but the crap involved with it blerg....but then your marrying a gorgeous guy this time

Laurin - when the hell did you get to 32 weeks? OMG that has just flown. Are you still in Mt ELiza? I didnt even think to contact you when we came down last. I proimise next time we'll catch up.

Shell - we do most of the work....only professional's we get in are the electricians and plumber's cause you need certificates for the work. J's a builder and im his labour bitarch I jump when he say's jump. He put a window in today and took out a wall and my linen cupboard, so I have towels, sheets ect EVERYWERE. We have to get it back into once piece by next week as J is going back to work on the 10th and wont be able to do much work on it for a while. Plumber is coming tomorrow to see what need's to be done.

We've got M's birthday with saturday and then W the sunday a week after......I hate January sometimes cause of the brithday's....to close to Christmas.

Better go shower the kids...they've taken over our ensuite HELP!!!!

Christmas was fun here. Last year we drive to both fams in ne day I think. The boys did well but it could have been more relaxing. Loving Boxing day now they're old enough to just spend the whole day playing with new toys and having some down time. Think we'll consider makng Boxing day a traditional pyjama day.

Whoa Laurin at 32 weeks! All the best in the heat, eugh. You have air con? Is your dh working here now?

Looking forward to kinder this year. Hope it all goes well. What do they need for kinder? Bags? Lunchbox?

I'm glad we still chat in here. Sorry to those I missed, I'm feeling queasy from tucking into Christmas goodies....bleuuurgh...but so irresistible....

Christmas was great fun here! We had lunch here with both families. I love putting on a party
    Nina will be going to preschool 3 days a week soon (as opposed to 2 days a week). I'm hanging out for that! She is sooooo ready for school, bummer she doesn't start till 2012. We've already got her counting in multiples of 10 lol. Emily will start 1 day a week from February, and we'll gradually increase the days. She starts school in 2013 so is straight after Nina.
    nelle - we got Nina a backpack, water bottle & lunchbox for preschool. They still have rest time, so we bought those kindy sheets as well.

Heath has the past 2 weeks off and this week as well. So we're doing heaps of family stuff. Stuff we don't normally do, it's been great

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast