Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 2007 #59

Cass, I think I woulda been right beside you rolling my eyes at the "apple allergy" thing...but gosh I stand corrected. I'm also taking your kiwifruit info as a cautionary tale and will be speakign with DH shortly so he doesn't slip it into her lunchbox. On the positive side, it sounds like a situation that can be remedied overtime so it's not like melon will never pass her lips again, kwim?

Ginger, when the time is ready you will be able to put yourself "out there" again, and any org'n worth its salt will see your value and want you. If they don't see it, they ain't worth it.

Arte, how is the study coming along? I have never seen Dora (except a Christmas DVD) let alone Diego but they are *huge* with the under 5s.

Well I had a little bit of a shock yesterday when I realised it's Missy E's birthday in only 3 weeks...needless to say her birthday party plans are being radically scaled back. We leave on a flying family wedding trip only a few days later, it's father's day (and my birthday) the week before, I fear it could be too much all at once for this rest-lovin chicken.

MD, the study isn't really going at all. By the time I get my disasters into bed I am usually to tired to do anything but re-read the same sentence. DH has been taking them out for a few hours on free weekends so I can get some done, but I have a 10% quiz on Friday and I still have a couple of chapters I haven't even touched on yet. I suspect it was a bad idea to bother attempting it.

Cass, glad someone else has a mega problem with socks. Hope L is feeling better.

It is 10.30pm and Amelia wouldn't resettle and now she is wide awake so it looks like I am going to be up until 1-2am. Far out, I am so sick of this. I have passed her over to DH because I don't even want to look at her atm.

oh no arte, i can't believe you got another bad sleeper have you got a rocking chair?

md- can't believe you've never seen dora, miss E would love her!!!! L actually thinks he iS diego- he points at him when he's rescuing an animal and says 'that's me, mum, that's me!' LOL

Cute, Ginger! Although I must admit Missy E watches faaaaar more telly than H ever did at this age (at home and at FDC too), and she really doesn't understand that what's on the telly isn't real. I caught H loading the Labyrinth DVD into the player the other morning...I cannot imagine what Missy E would've thought of that. She's fixed on the Mike Myers cat in the hat DVD, but the only part she talks about is where "the funny cat does a pop-off" (followed by squeals of laughter)...gawd only knows what she makes of the rest of it.

Arte, hang in there if you can...sometimes you've got to skate thru/over the reading, no matter how much time you have. I'm having goldfish-brain at times at work too LOL and I don't even have sleep deprivation to blame. Hugs - I hope A settles ok tonight for you.

Well I must say I'm a bit excited cos Cass hasn't popped in today. I wonder if she's bobbing about in her birth pool right now!!

Hi all just testing out my tapatalk! Just in case I get word from cass at work tmrw...

hahaha! that would be cool MD! gosh, after tomorrow it will mark the longest i have ever been pregnant!!

honestly think i am too stressed about Leila's hivey rash that has appeared all over her body today to have a baby...arrghhh! will the stress ever stop

Cass - hivey rash doesn't sound good! Another fructose thing?

Dora - we don't watch it at our place, although I turned the TV on the other morning because she wanted to watch Bob and she wouldn't let me turn Dora off. And she knows who Dora is because there is a tent with her on it at school. K is really into Thomas and keeps asking when he is coming back. She does like Play School, but not when the yucky man is on (we can't really clarify which one is yucky as it changes day to day and is sometimes just that she doesn't like his shoes.....)

Arte - don't know what to say about the sleeping, but feel free to let it all out in here.

no baby today . just a sick toddler lol!

oh Arte! that is just so tough and insanity inducing with the (lack of!) sleep...we have a mum in our MG with two kids just the same (hmmm spookily a pigeon pair with older brother too!). and her DD Anna just WILL NOT sleep. ever. dont know how she does it....i'm not sure she knows how she does it either lol. i think her way of getting through is to basically use whatever nap time they have during the day to nap herself, but she said it's not that effective as they are both catnappers

G: we dont have dora here either! is it on free to air? i know that leila loves it though as she saw it ONCE at a friends house and is obsessed to the max. so strange...i want to know their marketing campaign and bottle it lol!

AFM: well we are in recovery mode it seems from the allergy (that as yet is not known). the hives are still there from hour to hour, but no longer across her face or throat...that was WAAAYYY too scary for my liking. took her to the GP and she has some antihistamine meds for the itching. also have an appt in 4 weeks for the allergist to get the ball rolling. have to wait all that time as apparently she needs to be symptom free for them to adequately make an assessment. it's going to be tough i reckon trying to keep the fruit at bay.
    am excited though as my Mum gets here tomorrow night . have decided i can then have the baby lol! arrghhhh she is soooo going to be in there for another 4 weeks i just know it lol!

wooo hooooo! for your mum coming. i think bubs might come sooner than you think

i don't think dora is on free to air- we watch both dora and diego on foxtel. if you are ever looking for dvds though you can get 3 dora/diegos for $30 at woolworths. i would highly recommend them, my kids absolutely love them.

Ginger I reckon we're up for some new DVDs after the labrynth episode. We were still on video tapes when dd1 was little bahaha how old do I feel!

Cass hives musta been so scary - yay for yr mum coming. I don't think u will be waiting long either!

Well my sis broke the news yesterday she has sold her house & is moving to qld in about 3 seconds.. I'm totally devastated, have spent most of our lives apart & now when finally have a decent chance of getting a few quality years together she leaves! I totally understand her reasons for going so I can't be mad, but I can be very very sad.

oh no, sorry your sis is moving i guess it means more holidays to qld though, so nice sunny weather and beaches
    not the same as having her close though, i know why is she going?

MD, bummer about you sister moving

Cally, lol at K's yucky man! The likes and dislikes are amusing/frustrating

Ginger, W is the opposite with Diego - he had a Diego top on the other day and someone pointed and said "are you Diego?" and he looked terribly confused and said "that is just a picture, I am William!" lol

Cass, Yay for your mum coming. I was just looking at the full moon and I reckon you are gonna pop soon! I have full sympathy for your mothers group friend. It is not fun when they just won't sleep. I honestly didn't think they could be worse than W was, but although he woke very very frequently at least he would go straight back to sleep after a feed. Miss A is a total nightmare. With the late nights, 2am parties and now this refusal to resettle it is driving me mad. And there is no chance of a catch up nap during the day because she only sleeps for 30-40 minutes the entire day and W doesn't have a nap anyway. So far her record is 8am-11pm with a 30 minute nap during the day.

So last night A was up until 12.30am. My DH won himself a heap of brownie points staying up with her, and then he took a sick day and I went to the library for a couple of hours to do a bit of study. And would you believe she has done the same thing tonight! Far out! She is finally getting some teeth that look like they are going to cut in the next couple of days so hopefully she will stop this when they come through. This whole sleep situation is making it really hard to enjoy her, I am struggling to bond with her at all. I feel like I am just looking after her out of obligation because I was stupid enough to have another baby.

oh arte that is just way too tough. my hat is off to you to even be able to function and keep putting one foot in front of the other i just wish i knew of some strategy that could work, but i just dont. just that time is the fixer and healer...oh and a time machine to when she is like a teen and you need to poke her in the ribs with the broom to get her outta bed

MD: argh! that is sad! and yes, you have all open release to feel that sadness...but i reckon G is onto something...holidays in QLD...leave the kids with her and head to the islands lol! (this is my grand plan when the girls are older lol).

G: i *think* i might have to get the DVDs...i have noooo rose-coloured visions of me being a domestic/maternal goddess when this bub arrives and will sheepishly admit that the 'babysitter' box will be in use...wish i could say that it will be different but i dont want to set myself up for a reliable disappointment.

(this time in my pregnancy with Leila the hossy sent DH home 'cause i wasnt in labour...20 minutes later BAM! lol).

cass- i think you should definitely get the dvds and not feel guilty about it at all. trust me, it will be the best $30 you ever spent, you're gonna have your hands full soon so hopefully you head off to safeway today! LOL

why didn't anyone tell me how cool the kids' stuff is at ikea? we ventured there today and i spent most of the time absolutely spewing over finding the absolute coolest boys' bed i've ever seen and not being able to buy it as L already has one (that he refuses to sleep in). now i'm trying to somehow justify buying it for J......

eta- arte have you tried an amber teething necklace? i know they seem like hippy weird things but they really do work. i gave one to my friend whose dd was a terrible teether and she called me to say that she had got all her molars through and they had no idea until they noticed them in her mouth one day.
    Last edited by Ginger; August 25th, 2010 at 02:36 PM.

i was in Ikea the other day too!!!! and totally agree that it is AWESOME. it was lucky that i was having pre-labour contrax and needed to leave as I had my hot little hands on the GORGEOUS kids kitchen....how COOL is it??!!! we got Leila's bed from Ikea. totally love it...man i wish i was there right now....

Haha Ginger that is hilarious, we have raved about Ikea fairly often in this thread, it's not like you to miss any of the retail-related info LOL. Missy E has a bed (plus bedroom accessories) from Ikea which we all adore, and I have a plan for DD1's total Ikea bedroom makeover, which probably won't happen for a while but will be worth the wait!

Cass...soooo...is L getting the Ikea kitchen for her 3rd birthday? LOL Totally recommend the play kitchens, ours gets played with *all the time*, even the big kids play with it when they visit.

Trill, how are things going out past the black stump?

Well my CC/FDC visiting schedule got interrupted today after DD woke up with a pink eye. *sigh* She was cranky and uncooperative all day, she hasn't had a temp at all but it only occured to me tonight I that I could've given her some panadol, the dr said her tonsils were swollen so maybe she had a sore throat as well. She wasn't rubbing her eyes & she didn't have a fever so I just didn't think about the panadol. I'm having one of those how-dumb-am-I moments since I thought about it.

Ok you Melbournites, it is f'ing freezing. It's not just cold, it is snap your nipples off kind of freezing. I could have done with some pre-warning. It should only ever be this cold if you are up the snow carving up the slopes.

And I feel your disease ridden snotty pain. We have been cold free for the last 6 months, except when we visit Australia. Sure we get Malaria and other random tropical viruses, but the snot getting around Melbourne is pretty spectacular. I don't know how you manage with cold after cold. Is it just me or does it seem worse this winter here?

Cass- Not long to go, i saw that birthpool and got all excited for you. Hope all goes to plan and you have an amazing experience. You sound very calm and and ready.

MD- how is work panning out? Was it just like riding a bike? or more like a horse that has been rested in a paddock for too long and is trying to buck you off? Somedays i long for a bit of brain stimulating work, but then i worry that my hibernating brain cells might not wake up on request! I really do feel much less intelligent these days. Kind of like my brain is foggy.

Trill- you guys must be stoked with this rain, or is falling at one of those times when it is a bit of a pita?

Think i'm off to Chadstone today, although ikea sounds tempting.... there is only so much i can fit in 2 suitcases though. Lu has a very cool kitchen in PNG, when i get back i'll take a pic. I got the woodworking department to make it. She loves it, i could do with a bit of fake food, do they sell any in ikea?

Hey JM!! I don't think it is any worse this year, but I think you've just gotten used to being free from it. If you are heading to Chaddy today, go to Kids Central - they have all those pretend fruit/food toys.

MD, bugger about the junkyitis striking again.

The rain is both a blessing and a curse ATM. We are loving it because things are just so green and lush and wet and the crops look fantastic, but it i so wet that you just can't do anything. We can only get across part of our farm in a vehicle, everywhere else is motorbike only otherwise you get bogged to the arse LOL. It is currently raining steadily too, so that's more rain to top things up. One big bonus is the regular rain means we have loads of water so the kids are loving having deeper baths - before the bath would only have 2inches of water in it. So it's all good, but we've just forgotten what a wet year is like.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast