Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 2007 #59

ha ha, where do i start?
    cass- well i think we are going to buy the bed for L....we already have 2 mattresses so we only need the set-up iykwim? i can't resist it. the kitchen is the best kids' kitchen i have ever seen. L was obsessed with it. once again, i was spewing we already have one.

md- i totally 'heard' all the ikea stuff....but it is a good hours drive for me and the 'experience' is a bitof a nightmare with the 2 kids...just a shame that the stuff is soooooo good.

jm- this is the coldest winter we have had since we moved to the Hills in 2006. absolutely. without a doubt. dh is absolutely freezing. we have gone through mountains of firewood....and i have to tell you that fallen trees on the side of the road don't last too long around here. everytime i see one there's usually a man with a chainsaw and a trailer already hacking into it, so i think everyone is feeling it.
    ikea had heaps of little cool kitchen accessories- like food, pots and pans, cute little teacups- you could go crazy if you wanted to.

we're feeling the cold alot more this year too. it just seems that the maximums are really maximums. like yesterday here in northcote was 4 degrees at 8.30am but with windchill it was -1. that's cold for melbourne! kinda more canberra lol!

not sure if Ikea have the fake food...but they have divine kitchen utensils, tea sets etc (as G mentioned).

bah! i feel repetitious...total double post.
    Last edited by Cassius2; August 26th, 2010 at 10:44 PM.

oh boy....for the third time!
    Last edited by Cassius2; August 26th, 2010 at 10:43 PM.

Cass, you're multiplying in front of my eyes LOL.

Ginger, it's an hour from here to Ikea too. Missy E is getting to the age now where I'd contemplate throwing her into the ball pit...esp if they let DD1 stay and play...but honestly the kids always have a blast and they know the cafeteria chow is coming straight after the kids zone. I don't think our Ikea has fake food...?? I've never seen it...but there again apparently they stock different stuff in different places. My sis is the Ikea queen and she's already sussed out what bits she won't be able to get in Qld.

Speaking of which, she's moving because her (now adult) boys all live there, there's a hole in her heart that needs mending and I understand that. Doesn't make it any easier for me though.

JM - it's not colder, all those mosquito bites have just thinned your blood LOL. BTW are you collecting bras again? Going back to work has been weird, there are things I remember that have changed, plus I'm looking at the orgn through a different lens now I'm in a different work area. Not quite the bicycle, but not a bucking broncho either. It's like riding an errant flea that leaps around from topic to topic with no warning. LOL So yeah, I still feel a little foggy too. Plus I'm waiting for new glasses to come in so the eyestrain has not helped things.

Conjunctivitis is looking better today but she's been very flat, she's basically lolled around watching telly all morning, had a huge sleep this afternoon (hmmm might regret that in about 3 hours) but it was a good opportunity for me to have a much needed rest too so all good there.

md- yeah the kids did have fun at ikea...L had a little bit too much fun and had taken his shoes off and was jumping on a bed at one point in time LOL i actually kept having weird thoughts that i would be screaming out his name and be recognised by cassius or mamapan LOL

jm- i was at our local IGA this morning and there were 2 lovely old ducks out the front having a chat and i could hear one of them saying 'this is the coldest winter i can ever remember up here and i've been here since i was a little girl'...and i thought of my poor friend from PNG and how freezing she must be! LOL

I am freezing my hooters off, it is definately cold, but to celebrate the cold i am going to head up to the snow for a day on Saturday. If i can get organised in time!

Ikea had fake food, a fruit and veg basket as well as a cake set and some kind of breakfast set with an egg. I also got a couple of swinging chairs for under the house, some linen and few other bits and bobs. I think i am going to have excess luggage!

MD- An errant flea. Glad it is all going well.

Yeah Trill- it's so easy to forget the rain isn't it. I must say i was quite excited to see old dams with water in them, and surface water lying around. It makes for a nice change.

Cass- i heard you the first time. ................

hi girls
    sorry i have been MIA I have been soooo busy - reading but not posting (naughty MP!). Cant even remember when i last wrote. i was sick last week - struck down w a bad case of tonsilitis, but i am ok now. kept thinking of cass when i was sick...i will forever associate you with tonsilitis (sorry!).
    JM - didnt know u were back for a visit - hope for fun times? it is BLOODY cold!!!! sounds like a good ikea haul - i am prob going tomorrow as we want to get the kitchen for N from my mum for his bday (mum hates it so i will head there on her behalf!). we are taking N to the movies there so it is kinda convenient.
    Arte - i hear you on the sleep. mine hasnt been as bad, but pretty awful at times... so i know how you are feeling. i dont know how i function at work sometimes. hope you managed to get on top of the study.
    MD - being back at work will get easier...
    CAss - the fructose allergy sounds awful =- poor L. has she always reacted? it's been quiet in here today, i wonder if you are in the pool....
    sorry forgotten most of the rest - so sorry.. will try to keep up.
    xxx

Sorry MP ...you pop in and we reward you by nearly making you the honorary thread killer ! Hope you're feeling much better. I'm sure N will love the kitchen.

Patoots - happy birthday (late) to miss Hanny - the cake looked awesome, you have inspired me... love that you put H right in there. Bet your girls had a blast.

BTW - I'm coming to BRISVEGAS baby! Let me know if you might be up for a coffee on Fri 24th Sept...or thereabouts...Leanne and Patootie and ??? who else is in Brisbane? Oz?

JM, hope you enjoyed the snow, sounds like you got a very satisfying haul at Ikea.

Ginger, LOL at your random thread-buddy encounter thoughts...I reckon Ikea is one of those places with a strong likelihood LOL. It does happen btw, I once ran into a friend from Darwin in NZ...too weird.

Cass - how is L going now you're keeping the fruit away from her. And how are you going? Do I need to start compulsively checking my phone every few minutes sometime soon? LOL

Ok, well sun is a shining, best go make some Vit D. to all

MP, did you get the kitchen? Are you going to have a party for N again this year?

MD, are you going with your sister to Brisbane? I'm thinking the two of you need to go all out while she's still in SA and do loads of stuff together before she goes

Such a gorgeous day here today, it feels very spring-like. I have all the washing done and dry for a change and have been doing a bit in the garden. I've decided that I want to paint the kitchen - can't afford to do renos so paint will have to do. We've been here nearly 10 years and we've only painted our bedroom and the toilet! But not sure how dark I want to go on the walls. I'd love to have white cupboards and then a darkish grey on the walls, but how dark do you think is too dark? Its a western facing room so it gets all the arvo sun so it could probably handle a reasonably dark grey. Have the kids starting little A's this week - was supposed to start last Friday, but it was too wet so it was called off. I decided against registering A, even though he makes the cutoff by 12 days LOL (must be 3 by 1/10) I just think he's too non-conformist to go and do what the group managers want him to do. So he will do it next year. I need to take him to the dentist again too! I noticed last night that he has a hole on an eye tooth right on the gum line and on his two front teeth where they touch is starting to erode away too - not decay, but just like they are eroding. So the dummy is going tonight. I think that is part of the problem even though we brush his teeth because he just has too much saliva in his mouth when he has it in at night.

Oh my goodness Trill. That's no good. What will the dentist do and how do you get him to keep still??? I think as long as it is a 'warm' grey you would go quite dark..... sounds nice.

Had an awesome time at the snow, skiied my little heart out! Thought i might have been a bit rusty but didn't have too many probs. I felt a bit rusty the next morning though.

How did the birthday girls go on the weekend? Did the cakes turn out alright Cass and Jaz?

yeah was it something i said????
    we didnt get the ikea kitchen in the end, didnt end up down that way and mum found an awesome one online so she got that. Spoilt boys as it is v deluxe...
    they will LOVE it!
    happy bday to L and H - hope they had amazing days. cant believe we are in the turning 3 days...
    trill - that sounds terrible - does that hurt? i am thinking i should take N for a dental visit - though i am hoping he has good teeth genes - i dont have any fillings yet...
    its a beautiful sunny day here too. so i am off to enjoy it - already done all my cooking for the week (well a lot of it) so off to enjoy some sun with J. he isnt eating today - hoping it is just teething (loits of BF)

I don't think they are hurting him at all, they are just going to look terrible if they aren't fixed. JM, He's already had one filling and was so good - sat there perfectly and let the dentist do his thing. But this time he said he didn't want to go to the 'oopid entist' (translation - stupid dentist) so not sure if that is just him today or if come Friday he will act up.

hi girls, we've already been out enjoying the sunshine today- gotta make the most of it around here! went for a run around the park and now j is crashed out!

trill- are you painting wooden cupboards- if so there is a colour that looks awesome on wooden kitchen cupboard doors called antique white USA. my friend's hubby is a painter so i get all the tips LOL

mp- the kitchen sounds awesome.

jm- was there heaps of snow? i keep hearing on the radio how much everyone is loving it this season.

Trill, the kitchen sounds nice. My IL's have just built and they have black joinery and a light grey on the walls, so similar but opposite and it looks good. Ginger is on to a good thing with the Antique white, it looks great in kitchens. That is crazy about L's teeth! W has a dentists appointment next week, the decay between his front teeth has gotten worse so maybe they will do something about it now??

MP, the kitchen sounds good. I get a big Little Tikes one from toy library sometimes, but I find W only plays with it for a day or two and then it sits there taking up space for the next two weeks.

Patootie, a very happy birthday to the lovely Hannah! Her cake looked fantastic!

Clare, L's cake looked great too! Do you think you are going to end up with a baby for L on her actual birthday? Or would you prefer them to have different days (like you have a choice in the matter lol)

MD, yay for a brisbane visit! I get a bit Brisbane nostalgic sometimes, but I am sure that would end after about 5 seconds in the humidity!

I just had houseguests for the weekend and OMG I can't stand my cousins husband! I have had a whinge about it already but gee he is a useless loser! My DH was looking forward to going hunting this weekend because he hasn't been able to go out for ages, invited J to come with him and then he was up and waiting at 5am and J slept in until 9am and didn't even apologise. I think it has caused a rift between me and my cousin too which really sucks.

Nearly forgot - I had a whole kid free day! I had to go to a contact course for my paper (a quiz that replaces the mark of the sub-standard assignment I sent in) so I went down (two hour drive), then did a bit of shopping. The kids were on their best behavior and DH had a good time so that is great.

We went up the mountain yesterday and it was fun - we had a couple of toboggans and it turns out A is a speed freak! We weren't up there for long before the kids all got too cold and grizzly, but I will have to remember it for an activity to do on a boring day.

Fingers crossed that having had a great day with the kids will make him more inclined to do it more often for you just so you get a break And I agree that her DH sounds like a bit of a tool. I would have been so annoyed if it were me! I hope you can mend things with your cousin though. I hope they do something for his teeth, A's problems are only tiny, but because it is where you can see them, I want to get it fixed before they get noticeable. I think he will just have crappy teeth like E does.

G, I think that colour would be very similar to what I had in mind - I have seen the type of kitchen you're talking about and they look great. We had bid on a few DIY kitchens on ebay which were white, but we always lost out.

We are also looking at kitchens for the kids. I can't decide if I want a trampoline or kitchen.

Trill I hope A is good for the dentist again.

Arte so glad you got a day to yourself. I hope it become a regular thing.

Sounds like everyone is enjoying the sun. Bring on spring..... I am over my kids being sick. Z cut her first tooth last night, thankfully it didn't seem to bother her to much. Well L was up most of the night so I am off to get an early night. A big hello to you all.

Hey Oz! I hope L has a better night sleep tonight for you

Well after a very deep and meaningful chat with A, he realises that his beloved 'bippee' is what is putting holes in his teeth so we have given them away. I gave him his monkey to take to bed to cuddle and I told him to cuddle and I said that he has to cuddle him tight and make sure that Monkey doesn't get cold. Luckily he was dog tired so we went to bed without a fight and is currently dead to the world cuddling his monkey tight LOL. Fingers crossed this is an easy transition...

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast