Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 2007 #59

Happy Birthday Noah!

poor Miss A with the pox

we have all been a bit sick around here with throat infections so we've been staying home a lot too. i'm getting so bored of it though, i love getting out and about and doing stuff. oh well

hope everyone has a nice day

I hear you Ginger, I am sooo bored with staying home - W had the pox, then the IL's were here for a week and now A has pox - I have barely left the house for 3 weeks. And to make it a bit worse it has been raining constantly! There has only been 1 fine day in the past 2.5 weeks.

I got some results back from uni and I am actually doing o.k for now - 92% for my mid-semester exam so I can't complain about that.

arte: 92% is champagne worthy my dear!! if you cant leave the house...have a party lol!

weather here has also been rather crapulent. bring on the sun!

MP - glad that N had a lovely birthday!

Arte - hope the pox disappears soon (and the rain) so you can get out and about!

AFM - looking forward to a weekend with no planned activities. DH and I are loving the train set we gave DD (although not quite as much as she is) so we might be buying some more bits and pieces for that

Hi girls!

Cally: is that a wooden train set? i love Leila's too...i need to get more fun bits for it though...she wants a boom gate...

Happy Birthday Alister

Happy birthday Alister!!!! hope you have a lovely day big man

guess where i went yesterday?.....................IKEA!!!!

jealous much? ha ha
    i got 2 x those little wooden train sets for presents as i have a party for 2 boys next weekend (the basic sets are only $14) how good is that?
    and the big news is we got lewis' new bed! he's so excited and he even helped me locate it in the warehouse and pack it into the trolley and then in the car (complete effing nightmare btw)...jimmy slept through the whole thing (typical)...now i just have to get dh out of bed to help me get the boys' room sorted. we're going to pull out the change table, do a bit of painting - just to cover up some patches on the walls and then start rearranging and getting things organised. everyone please send me luck that lewis is going to sleep in this bed. send me all your best 'sleep in ikea bed' vibes! LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASTER ALISTER!!!!

G: haha! i hear ya on the bed-in-the-car "issues". we gathered quite a crowd as they watched us put the bed and mattress in our tiny Honda Civic LOL! but we made it LOL! even the ikea dude was impressed

ROFL G at trying to get that bed in the car. I have the best mental picture in my head of you doing it :P Fingers crossed he sleeps in it!

Arte, A huge congratulations on the exam result!!! I hope that gives you a huge confidence boost to keep going with it.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for A. He certainly does know it's his birthday today LOL. I made his cake this morning before we went to the show and he was adamant that we had to take it with us. Even got the esky out to put it in. He just seems to have grown up overnight though. He doesn't have a dummy anymore, he's fully TT and it's only for the fact that he is still in the cot that I can hang onto any thoughts that he is my baby But at the same time it is still all good ITMS. My little family is getting older and we are moving completely into a new stage of life with them. Even L is getting so mature now and I can talk to him like an adult almost.

Oh and with the TT I think I can safely say he is fully TT now - night and day. The last few weeks he has woken up dry, and soon as he gets up he needs to go to the loo, but for the past few days he is waking up at night and calling out for me to take him to the loo, so he is recognising the signs even while he is asleep. I will keep putting him in nappies though for a while yet just to be sure.

oh wow sherie i am jealous! what a big boy with the TT...ahhhh if only it were the same here. Unfortunately Leila is too obsessed with nappies still...and the new little sister ain't helpin' much lol.

and i *think* i get what you mean about your little family. it fills me with so much satisfaction that i have my two girls and we can now look forward to the years ahead. both DH and I are adamant that this is our family now and by gosh it fills me with joy and pride ITMS. i am already daydreaming of our family holidays etc LOL!

AFM: well we had a lovely but tiring day today. out for the first half visiting our friends (marta slept). then home again for friends with their 2 year old boy (who is as big and heavier than Leila and SUCH a boy lol)...(marta slept). then dinner time and bed time for Leila (marta woke up LOL).
    Leila is soo developing attitude ATM it is so funny...and so so scary lol. we sent her to her room after some pretty full on cheek and she stomped off (like a dinosaur apparently ) and then SLAMMED the door. then, for extra effect, opened it and slammed it again oh boy. this has been going on for a couple of weeks now (the door slamming) and it's beginning to drive us insane in the membrane.

LOL Cass, I have to laugh at the developing attitude of Miss L. I can tell you with certainty that if she is like this now, she will always be like this LOL. E was exactly the same. She also liked to throw things too and it was hilarious watching her trying to find something to throw - even well after the tanty that started it all she wouldn't be happy till she'd thrown something. And she is still a door slammer We jokingly call her emo kid ROFL.

Cass - yes K's train set is wooden. I got it at Aldi, then got a Thomas expansion pack. My sister is goign to Ikea on Friday and I am putting in an order for two of their sets as well!

Trill - hope A had a wonderful birthday. Well done on the TT, especially overnight, we are a really long way from nighttime training at our place! although we got through both naps on the weekend dry.

Ginger - did he sleep in the bed??

yeah i reckon our next ikea run will include the extra bits and bobs from the train set too...we just have a fairly basic set ATM and Leila really wants to jazz it up...

went to a 3rd birthday party today and Leila managed to stay dry the whole day!! she took herself to the toilet all by herself too which i was pretty proud of. scary part later on was when we were about to leave and she went missing. found her down the end of the road on a busy corner!!! i was pooing in MY pants that time LOL!

Just a quick hello from me. Will try and reply when there isnt two kids screaming at me....

hi girls

cass- omg! how did she get out of the house? i would've been terrified! i lost jimmy once at a friend's party and they have a huge dam at their property so i was completely freaked out. turns out he was just in one of the kids' bedrooms playing but that would've been one of the worst 60 seconds of my life until we found him.

well operation sleep in own bed went well the first night, but last night he woke in the middle of the night and freaked out and got in bed with me for snuggles. i guess i don't really mind, but how do you all keep them in their own beds?

i've actually been getting quite bored for the first time ever as a sahm. i think it's the bad weather and sicknesses that are contributing to it, but we've all got cabin fever. the kids have been watching way too much tv and that makes me feel huge mothers guilt. it's just so hard when you can't even take them over to the park for a run-around because it's too wet/cold. i've actually even considered maybe *shock horror* getting a job! don't think i can actually go through with it though LOL
    how do you guys get through it at this time of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    how do you guys get through it at this time of the year?
    without any style whatsoever. this winter has been really tough and long. we are going bonkers with cabin fever...especially leila. and now with a newborn to boot, 'fun' for leila is seriously compromised poor wee poppet!

Ginger, no idea how to keep them in their own beds - the only reason W stays in his is because he comes into our room and then DH takes him back to bed and sleeps in there with him. 3 years and counting, surely that kid will sleep though one day!
    I am sure I have moaned about it enough, but I have been bored bored bored with the SAHM thing for a long time. Probably since W was about 7-8 months old? I really struggle with just hanging around, trying to do boring housework with kids hanging off me. I am feeling a bit more centered now with the uni paper, it at least gives me something to do that requires a bit of thinking. And I sneak out for cigarettes when A is asleep and W is parked in front of the telly. Whatever gets you though....

Clare, must have been very scary finding L gone, and down the road! How is everything going? Are you still on an upper from M's birth? It took me over a month to come down from the high of A's birth because it went so much better than I had hoped.

Cally, we got a basic train set but it isn't getting much use atm. I guess he will use it more some time.

Trill, ikwym about moving onto the next stage. A is one now and I am quite glad the baby days are almost behind us. I am looking forward to all the things we can do when they are older.

MD, hope you are getting some sun up in QLD, god knows we don't have any here!

It has been solid rain for the past 3 weeks so we decided to go to the city just to get out of the house. We couldn't go to the closest town because the road is dodgy at the best of times and with all the rain it is covered in slips so we went to the city 2 hours away (and still had to take a couple of detours because of slips). Turns out we aren't ready for such a distant day trip yet. Wasn't too bad but a tad stressful because A won't sleep and she gets bored and starts squealing. We went to one of those indoor kid playlands and W had a great time.

Hiya ladies, just wanted to pop in, about to race off to the beach which is a bit of a joke because we have had *no* sun here except for the days we have been travelling. Stupidly missed meeting up with Patoots after the geography part of my brain malfunctioned ... our paths crossed very closely a couple of days ago but i didn't realise until too late. So not a fabulous holiday so far LOL

Oh well it turns out it's now raining...*again* so beach visit postponed *again*.

Cass OMG that would've freaked me right out...so glad she was safe!

Trill, still minimal progress with TTing here although she is having a go on strange toilets, so I'm mighty envious of your success!

We have cobbled together lot of different wooden train sets and TBH at this age stick to less track, add on when they get older and can build it themselves. Missy E can only build really simple ones if I get all the pieces out so I'm forever having to do it for her...I am sick to death of the shrieking that goes on every time the bridge collapses (ie several times whenever the train set is out). My life would be much easier if we just had one oval shaped one with the track that meets up easily.

I hear you on the cabin fever, not so much with Missy E but with DD1 we were big shopping centre/library/local activity patrons. WE also go out for walks no matter what the weather, gumboots and jackets (ok, not practical with sickies, but ok when they are well). I have also just discovered pavement chalk, good if you have some outdoor covered concrete area (like our ugly carport/shed).

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast