Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 2007 #59

L was 6 before he would stand to wee - which was fine by me because it meant I didn't have to clean the loo every day because of all the misses So far, A is quite happy to sit to wee - he will try to stand up, but for some reason can't wee, but as soon as we sit him down, he has no trouble weeing. With the poos, A is such a boy LOL, he loves to turn around and look in the bowl and exclaim "LOOK AT MY POO!" so maybe you could try that ROFL!

Oz we are pretty similar with the TT. Leila is happy enough to do wees and is dry at home, but come a poo and we have a knicker-full. i too have tried bribery, but the gorgeous strawberry shortcake stickers that i bought are currently collecting dust lol!

have you seen those little potty things that you can hang off a normal toilet that *apparently* helps teach boys to stand while they wee? basically designed so that it is kid size and there is no fear from them of not being able to make it up to the bowl itms...can't remember the name but thought that it was pretty cool...although i guess probably just another gimmick...knowing the kid market lol!

how is your DH going after the funeral? i had a wee cry just before as my Opa sent through some photos and a copy of the death certificate etc to me.

Trill funnily enough just the other day when he had a poo in his jocks I popped into the loo and made a big deal about the splash and made him have a look at it lol, he thought it was great. I might just keep trying that.

Cass I think they are the weeman? Im not to worried about him standing to wee I just wasn't sure if there was an age where they were meant to iykwim? I found these wee target things too which help them aim lol. Dh is ok, his nan was in a home in a catatonic state for almost 10 years so it was kind of a relief that she is finally at peace. He did tell me last night though that he felt guilty that the only time he cried was when a photo slideshow was played and it had photos of his mum.

Hi Ladies...down at mums now and can't access BB on my phone so facebook cops it all lol. Mums internet is pitiful so I only get on here every few days. Off to the DR today to see how we are going. Hoping for an internal cos that set me off with S (albeit I was only 2 days beofre due date not 11), gonna chat about induction (not with drugs cos that can cause stronger contractions that make my c/s scar tear or rupture apparently) but with a method where they use two balloons being blown up either side of the cervix to get me dilated (sounds like a great bday trick lol).
    Had to go to the smash repairs for a quote today, will go thru insurance and seeing as the chick reversed into me, I'm safe from expenses but means that i'll be without a car for a few days while they fix it. The insurance company and smash repairs took pity on me and are rushing everything thru quicker so I can get the car back before bubs comes out. I've got a backup car down here so not a massive deal if it takes a bit longer as long as its back before I leave town.
    Anyhoo...better get my A into G to head off to the appt. Wish me luck lol

Kate I love love love your sig lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillian View Post
    With the poos, A is such a boy LOL, he loves to turn around and look in the bowl and exclaim "LOOK AT MY POO!" so maybe you could try that ROFL!
    K does that too - tells us how big it is and makes both of us come and check it out.

Kate, how exciting! I can't wait to see the birth announcement!

Clare I miss my nana too It is hard not to cry if I have to talk about her, and people seem to think that because she was 98 that is some sort of consolation - well it isn't! She is still gone!

So after my teaching reading thread made me feel like a pushy stagemum, I walk out into the lounge today and W is sounding out the title of a text book. He is so ready to be learning more reading skills and if I don't teach him he is just going to teach himself!
    BTW Trill, I appreciated your comments in that thread - there were some interesting points and you have the older kid perspective which is always helpful.

Arte, I know you're not pushy at all but sometimes there is such a fine line between whether you should do it or not What I think you should do is find out what programs they will be using at school and go from there - it might make it hard once he's at school to have to re-learn everything because if they are like they are here in Aus, then a lot of assessment will be done using their methods and if he can't do it by their standards, then it could get tricky. One thing to know is not all words can be sounded out - these are called 'sight words' that they have to learn by sight basically. Words such as jump, play, my, she, he, school, skip. But I do think that most of what you do should still be play based with a little bit of proper reading. I was going to ask too, is everything OK with you?

hmmmm i can sound skip out... can't i? ssssss kkkkkkk iiiiiiii pppppp

Arte your reading thread really did turn into a storm in a teacup (no fault of yours darl), those of us who are more familiar with what W's up to have a better idea of why giving him a platform on which to extend his already blossoming skills is so appropriate. . If he's already sounding out letters, you've probably already been instinctually doing many of the things that encourage the development of reading, a lot of it happens in the context of play & talking in even-halfway literate families, kwim? BTW I totally hear you on the constant talking, there were times with DD1 when I would've sold my kidneys for a cone of silence LOL.

Kate, thinking of you sweetie, it's getting to be a very exciting time for us all, waiting to see whether you'll pop in or not!

Trill how is the TTing coming along?

Cass, is the snot monster showing signs of moving along yet?

my friend was around with her dd the other day and she wanted to go to the toilet. so, she took her dd into the bathroom and of course, L has to go too cos he goes everywhere with her. dd goes to the toilet, then L decides he has to go to. he sits down on the toilet (has one of those kiddie seats on it) and starts weeing, but my friend didn't know to push his doodle downwards, so all i can hear from the bathroom is the girls screaming and L laughing his head off as wee is squirting everywhere all over them. my friend was yelling out 'i don't know what to do!' and i was yelling back 'push his doodle down!"....would have been a very funny scene to walk into

arte- i'm actually going to one of those learning ladder parties this morning. if there is something from there you are interested in, maybe i could post something over?

hi girls!

MD: apparently i too was a bit of a chatterbox...one day my mum in her exhaustion and frustration just said: 'clare, sweetie, no one's listening'. I remember thinking: 'but of course you are, it's me! why wouldnt you listen??'

Arte: sorry i havent seen the reading thread so probably just saying repetitive stuff, but i see no harm in getting together some easy reader books and going through them with him. for example, i have a LOAD of dr Suess books that are exactly for that. they have like a 25 word vocab and are lots of fun. we point out words for recognition purposes and she loves it. we just make it all part of the story that we are reading ITMS. I am certain that you are not going to ruin his future by helping him to learn to read now.

G: hahah! that sooo would of been me! i totally would not of known to push it down LOL! bahahahahaha!

MD: yeah the snot monster has moved to a bigger residence...my lungs lol. sooo not well today and TOTALLY need to be.

AFM: well today i need to pull out a miracle and sound like i know what i am talking about and not only that sound confident...today is the day i defend my thesis in front of the school. i am pooping my pants. i have to talk for an hour and then field questions left right and centre. not an easy task at the best of times let alone when you are totally unwell and woozy...oh and like mega pregnant and over all things work lol. barrrghhhh!

I NEED you guys to wish me luck this afternoon. cause man oh man do i need it.

double-o-rama
    Last edited by Cassius2; July 30th, 2010 at 01:42 PM.

Cass, I will send you my best arsin-it-when-you'-re-not-feeling-great vibes, ok?! Plus I'm 100% certain that the thesis didn't just spew forth from you unbidden, remember you're the expert here - they're only bystanders - take a breath and take your time to think before answering if you need to. I'm sure you will do great! You are soooooo close to the finish line babe!

Best of luck Claire! You'll smash em.

good luck today cass

Good luck Cass! I am sure you will be amazing!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast