Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 2007 #59

Bugger about the resettling Arte! and yeah, it is a bigger deal for us than it is for them - some Dr's will do it under a local anaesthetic in their surgery rooms and they are done in an hour, but we have to have a full general Anaesthetic. DH had it done under GA, but it was only a day stay so he was only at the hospital for 4 hours.

Full general?? Far out! Is it a stay the night deal? I could get away for a day, but wouldn't be able to stay away for a night

ETA, off to have a talk with DH!

Good luck with your talk Arte and hope you don't have to resettle too many more times tonight.

DH is quite happy to go and have the snip now, but I'm not.

Cally, so you two are in the undecided camp about having more?

Arte, here is some information about it Contraception - female sterilisation | Better Health Channel and this one talks about using the clips on your tubes, so it is only a day stay in hospital, but is still done as a laporoscopy so you will have incision sites and you will feel sore for a few days/week. I have read that this method has a slightly higher failure rate than if they were actually cut and tied off. plus there is the risk of an accidental ectopic pg, because the egg can't move past the scar tissue. So there is loads of things to consider when deciding which one of you will do it.

Om nom nom! Lambies = mint sauce

What a bunch of partay poopers y'all are (although Ginger you're excused cos last year's partay was bigger than ben hur, the partay to end all partays )...well, we ARE having a party. Just my DDs and their cousin and a couple of the little girlies from FDC and my 2 gf's who have DDs around the same age...so prolly 8 guests all up (plus mummies), over a couple of hours in the backyard, with a treasure hunt and some very simple games. It's gonna be a rainbow magic party so Missy E can dress up in her rainbow coloured fairy dress LOL. Really, a bunch of three year olds do not expect much, a bit of (very simple) food and a cake with candles and a few balloons and a run around the backyard with some toys.

Cass, bummer about your poo creek situation, never pleasant. Hope it gets plumbered soon.

Arte, that socialness is lovely, I've noticed that E is more chatty and aware of other kids than she has been in the past too (event tho she has some little "friends" at fdc, they're only really started playing with consensus and cooperation now, for eg, one will say "you're the daddy and I'm the mummy" and then they both play based on that agreed concept). BTW my DH had his snip under a local (no sedation) and he breezed through it. And if he didn't he didn't feel entitled to complain after seeing me have a CS rofl!

Ginger, I hope the cold passes quickly. E has been a bit off (tummy) over the weekend, she seems alright now but her behaviour has been horrible. The swimming would've been a disappointment

Cally - I don't know what to do on the invite, except to say that surely the mums wouldn't drop their 2-3 year olds off and leave???!!!! With DD1, pretty much every party we went to right up until she was going to school, the parents stayed, regardless of what the invite said. I don't recall too many siblings coming along, I think if you have it on a weekend then the other parent can look after the non-invited siblings...? BTW does this mean you are starting to feel a bit cluckish again?

Special announcement
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ml#post2431842

I am not sure of the details yet or if her DH was with her but will update you all after I talk to her.

Yay for Kate and her second little Princess!!

Congratulations Kate!!!!!

* selfish post from me ladies*- i need some help on TT. L will simply not poo on the toilet. he seems to have the wees sorted, but will either wait until he gets his night nappy on to poo, or simply poo in his undies. it is doing my head in. i have in in the shower right now, cos for the second time today he has pooed in undies. what do i do? just go back to full-time nappies for a while? is he not ready? HELP!!!

Ginger, bribery??

G L wont poo in the toilet either. He doesn't poo in his undies, though had a little one yesterday. I have tried everything I can think of. We just put up a star chart today so will see if that helps.

hi girls!

YAY KATE!!! congratulations babe!

Arte: there is a thread on here about Nai's DH that had the snip. he wrote it from his experience...mebbe hunt it down. DH and i read it together and he coped with the info!

G: i have no advice babe. leila is dry, but no poo on the toilet. i told her that it's ok that it feels weird when it comes out cause that's how it's meant to feel (she was freaked out once when it happened by mistake).

MD: i will live vicariously through miss Es birthday party lol! i feel like a bad mummy not having a shin-dig...but then the prospect of having no one to invite also puts a dampner on things lol.

AFM: well things here just go from bad to worse on the plumbing front. it now includes worksafe inspectors on site at all times and planning permits for the heritage overlay (they need to dig partly on the ROW). all this means $$$$. arghhh! oh and we dont have running water or toilets. noice.

Kate has a little Miss Hayley Jane!! 55cm long and HC of 36.5

Gorgeous name! She sure was a big girl. Did she go into labour and then not be able to get her VBAC? I hope she is recovering OK.

Lol I was just chatting to her (sms) and bub was lying cradle position so not head down. I think she went into labour on her own though. DH didn't make it but she had loads of support. Kate said Hayley is feeding awesome and sleeping heaps. I can't wait to meet Kate, Sarah and little bub. Photos are all booked in so keep an eye on my FB lol.

Wow Clare your plumbing issues don't sound good at all. When will it be fixed? Lets hope you don't go into labour or else the neighbours hot water system might get a work out filling the birth pool lol.

We aren't having a birthday party. We are having L's 2 besties over for a BBQ and I am letting the kids make their own cake, it will be messy but I figure the photos will be worth it.

Arte how did your talk with DH go? I have a few more babies in me I reckon. I always wanted 4, DH wants 3. My dad is an identical twin so maybe pg number 3 will be babies 3 and 4 lol.

L is sick AGIAN, though at least not to badly this time. The poor kid just can't get a break this winter.

Congratulations Kate!! On the safe arrival of not-so-little Hayley (lovely name!) So so happy for you hun.

Cass, you have well and truly trumped my Poosaster The Sequel, I can't believe it's stretching into days for you without water etc. I will have a stern word with the plumbing fairy to get you sorted out quick~!!

Oz, Mary's third baby is gonna be twins, so you'd be in good company there LOL.

Ginger, sorry no tips here. I'll admit complete and unrelenting failure on the TT front here, I'm utterly demoralised by our complete failure on this front. Funnily enough she does a great job of going to the toilet at the FDC lady's house but she has central heating so maybe the dunny seat isn't as cold as it is at home LOL.

PMSL at the toilet seat MD, maybe you need one of those old school fluffy toilet seat thingos.

we have failed so far on TT too MD. i am also deflated over it all and wondering what to do. he doesnt even really do it at creche - the nig step is that he holds now for a while so less accidents but no actual potty/tiolet action

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast