Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born~September 2007 #59

LOL, my declaration of hate of Dr Seuss has killed the thread!

MD, W still has his tricycle but he can't even ride that yet. He can't peddle and wants me to push him so it doesn't get much action. He moved the peddles a bit on his own the other day and then told me "now I can have a small motorbike" lol. He doesn't seem to have any interest in riding it, maybe because he has never really been around anyone riding a bike?

Today I tried on some scent that someone gave me that I found in the cupboard, only for W to say later "mum, why do you smell funny? You smell like a possum". Always the ego booster lol

Miss A is in bed for the night and has slept for 3 whole hours, no resettling! That hasn't happened since she was about 3 months old! Last night she got up for a party from 1-3am. I am struggling a bit with the study because I can't keep my eyes open when I am trying to read.

Arte - not a big fan of Dr Seuss here either, we never read it when we were kids. DH loves it though so he reads them to K. Hope your night continued on the good streak!

MD - Miss K hardly even uses the tricycle we have, can't see her on a big bike for a while.

hi girls
    we wont be moving to a proper bike for a while yet - i think he rides 3 wheelers at kindy and we have a trike that he likes here - but it doesnt get as much use as it should - my fault not his!!! we do push hima bit though so i dont think he will need a big bike for a while. we are getting a tramp for his bday this yr and i think he will LOVE that now... i reckon J will love it too,he is a bit more daring LOL!
    we have made some progress on the TT this weekend, we were more full on with it and had success today, a wee this mornig then a wee and poo this eve... dry in b/n though he def did a wee in his nappy at sleep time.. but i am pretty happy with that. we went to a play centre and shopping in th emorning and had friends over in the arvo so thats good going. he didnt tell me he had to go but stayed on when he did - so i think its progress! we bought loads of great undies today so i think thats an incentive (along with freddos and star chart). hope we get somewhere with it. that said he now is wondering when he can start 3yo kinder as i told him he has to use potty/'tpoilet for that... lol
    hmm dr seuss - i am not a fan but i did buy 1 to see - he doent love it so i dont read it much! heis v into all the books by the gruffalo author now and they are gorgeous books so i am happy w that!

hi girls
    TT has gone completely backwards here. i have no idea what's going on, but this morning L stood up on the coffee table and ****ed everywhere! i was completely floored. i have no idea what to do. i told him that he's going back to wearing nappies full-time now cos he can't be trusted in undies.
    we have a sticker chart, freddos, cool undies that he loves yet he chooses to be a feral that wees wherever he likes. *note to self* must tell dh to stop peeing in front garden and off deck, not setting good example.

G, if it were me, I'd put him back into nappies too. It's one thing to just have an accident, but it's a completely different thing to do that.

We have a heap of Dr Seuss books here. The kids love the rhymes. I know they go on for ages, but I still think they are very cleverly written. But the kids love any type of book which is good.

The funnest thing happened yesterday. We had a baptism to go to and we sat right up the back so the kids wouldn't bother anyone and when they brought the collection plate past it was already quite full of money. We gave the kids $1 each to put in and A put his money in and took out $5!!! It was hilarious. We know the kid who was taking the plate around and he starting laughing himself and nearly dropped the plate LOL. He is such a larrikin.

Trill, LOL at A's trade!

Ginger, about a week ago I found W in his wardrobe doing a wee and there was poo everywhere. I went completely off my trolley - yelled, forced a nappy on him, yelled some more. Poor kid has never been growled at so much in his life. Not really my finest moment but I was soooo shocked that he would do something that disgusting.

I think when it comes to things like that, you can't just be "Oh, that's OK, it was just an accident" or some other similar comment because things like that are deliberate and they should get in trouble for it! Sometimes I think they don't 'get it' till they are yelled at kwim? Not saying that yelling is always a good thing, but far out! You can't be expected to react to something like that calmly, especially when they don't normally do that and should know better.

I agree Trill, there has to be a line somewhere. You can't always be accepting and positive 'I'm sure you will try harder next time' - he damn well knew it was filthy and chose to do it anyway. I sure wasn't letting him away with a "please don't do that".

thanks for your help ladies. Yes i did go fairly crazy at him, so he knows it was unacceptable. i just don't get why he was doing so well, doing all his #1s in the toilet, and then why he would do this. i think i'm going to put him in a nappy full-time for the next 2 weeks and then reassess.

trill- that is hilarious,what a cheeky monkey he is!

Clare, happy full-term day! You have a ready-to-go person living in your tummy!

Yah Clare! congrats! can't wait to hear your BA and find out your princess' name

Arte - if he's hiding out in the wardrobe doing it, he knows it's bad. I used to draw on the walls when I was little, but only behind the curtains because I knew mum wouldn't see it there.

Trill - lol at A making a profit at church!

Cass - full term already!! Man, that has flown!

Ginger - I agree with Trill, stick him back in nappies for a while. And yeah, maybe DH needs to change his habits too!!!

MD - saw your FB status, what the childcare problem?

What a week we've had! DH started to feel dizzy on Sunday night, still felt funny in the morning. Apparently he had a 24 hour virus (not a heart attack, high blood pressure or the other things that come up when you google ongoing dizziness). Then yesterday I had to go to training 2 hours away, got a phone call in the afternoon that K had conjunctiviits and needed to be picked up. DH could manage that, but it meant he left work far earlier than planned and last night was Year 11 information night. So we basically kissed at the front door and he was off back to work when I got home. And the housecleaner has decided to go back to what she was doing before and K also has a bull ant bite on her leg and it's all fat. Tomorrow we have to squeeze dentist's visit's in the afternoon, I have to have an early start on Friday. Meanwhile having to pop over to childcare twice a day to put drops in. Things just seem to be a bit crazy at the moment, hopefully it calms down next week.

Hope everyone else is good.

Fat out Cally! I thought my life was busy but you win the prize this week LOL. I hope your DH is fine and that the ant bite settles soon.

cally, wow! that is madness! and i cant believe that you need to put in her drops! that's gotta be fun lol!

arte: ohhh yeah he totally knew he was being norti lol! like cally, i used to draw on the walls under the bed lol!

thanks for the full term wishes! thought we might of been having a baby on monday...but after 3ish hours it all petered out...but the good news is that it got her all engaged and ready to go!! i had forgotten however what it was like to have a bowling ball sitting on your cervix lol.
    Leila is finally beating the cold. it has taken WEEKS. couldnt believe it. hopefully this will translate into full nights of sleep (she doesnt wake up but kinda cries and needs to be tucked in itms). 'cause she is feral without a full kip under her belt.

hope everyone is well! (poo parties excepted lol).

[QUOTE=Marydean;2426490]Well we must've all been on the psychic telephone because I was thinking of Supa just a day or two ago - but like usual I was driving and completely forgot once I got home. Someone keep reminding me until I tell you all I've been in contact with her, ok?QUOTE]

Hi Girls! i've FINALLY got back online, oh boy, its been simply AGES. i won't even start to explain. BUT... i did have my DD2 on 22 July, went into NICU, 39wks, elective c/section (loved it) and the doctors told us after she was born that she has down syndrome. we r living with inlaws at the mo, til i get on my feet, they are great to us. DD2 is such an active baby and seems the condition is mild, however has a heart condition and drs say she will require surgery when she's 3-6 mths. ANYWAY, she is beautiful and DD1 loves her to bits. we ended up staying in hospital for 10 days whilst i was able to exclusively b/feed, which is really want i wanted. its been a massive 4 wks, but we are going strong!

thanks ladies for thinking of me.....

MD - I got an iphone and your number did not come across. technology! nevermind, i found you all again yay!

Supablondie, Congratulations on your new baby girl! What is her name? Glad the C-section went well and you have BF sorted. How is your DD1 (sorry, I can't remember her name for the life of me!) going with being a big sister? Must have been a bit of a shock to get a DS diagnosis, but it sounds like you have taken it in your stride.

Clare, must have been a relief that baby didn't come on Monday - do they have the 37week minimum cut-off for home births there? Good luck getting a decent sleep out of L tonight. I remember the days of a low lying bub - when you crouch down and it feels like everything is going to fall out of your fanny lol

Cally, that sounds like a very busy week!

Hello Supa!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE ARRIVAL OF YOUR PRINCESS!!!!. Did she have to stay awhile in hossy cause of the heart condition? or do bubbas with DS need a bit more intensive care in the beginning? how awesome is it that your DD1 is loving the new bubba! (any hints??!!!!!). i just that Leila copes alright with our new addition...

SupaB - thrilled to hear of the safe arrival of your newest gorgeous little princess - congratulations!!! So glad the elective C/S was such a positive experience for you, and it sounds like they took good care of you all in hospy. Massive welldone on the BFing...I understand that it can be an extra challenge with babies who have DS so it's fabulous you've been able to get off to a good start with it . I bet T is thriving in her new role as big sister! Finding out about the downs/heart condition must've been a huge shock, I reread your post because I assumed she's now home with you but then I wondered if maybe she's still in the NICU? I know you have a community behind you who will be praying for DD's health, please know I'm sending love and support too. xxx

CASS - well I had a little freakout when I realised how close it's all getting! I've PMed you because I want to you to know I take my PIG duties very seriously. LOL

Cally - child care crisis: I've never had CC on Wednesdays, my FDC lady has always been full that day. Now that I'm back at work, I'm finding it harder to manage my fatigue, so I've decided to put E in the extra day CC (believe it or not it was a very difficult decision to make). So I need to find a place ASAP. I managed to sweettalk us a place at a local community CC centre but we visited it today and it just reminded me how much I *don't* want E in a centre (and this is one of the better ones hereabouts)... hence the "crisis"...but the FDC offerings are slim to non-existant (which is why I've never had the Wednesdays, even last year when I *really* needed them after chemo). They basically gave me the names of nearly every carer in a 3 suburb radius around here, most of them aren't available...stay tuned...

Which reminds me to feel sh*tty that no one has mentioned child care in all the electioneering...

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast