Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newborn - 1 month, August 05

Wow this forum turns over so quickly, you blink and you have been and gone already So hello to all the new mummies

Kelli - how are the kids going with the new addition ??

Love

Kathryn

Cairenn and Liam LOVE Zahra to bits!!

Poor little mite ends up covered in slobber as they keep kissing her whenever she is awake.

But, I reckon she just loves all the attention!! Her little eyes light up whenever they come near her and Cairenn sits with me and talks to Zahra when I am feeding her!! Zahra looks around for Cairenn!!

Hope Zane is more settled today Fletch - yesterday must have been the day for unsettled babies as Zahra was unsettled most the day as well.

How are you going Jo?? Hope you are all ok after the storms that passed through down south this week.

Better go

Seeya

Hello ladies and bubbies.

Ive come to post a few times this week..started and then have been summoned by a gorgeous lil fellow...hope you are all doing well.

Glad you got through your first bout of incosolable crying fletchie..its awful when they are crying and nothing you do can help them isnt it. Glad that your dh could take over from you...tag team eh. Thats great that lil Zane is putting on weight...good mummy milk..it makes you feel so proud doesnt it when they are putting on lots of weight and you are soley responsible for it. Sounds like you are taking this whole motherhood thing in your stride fletchie...a natural!

Kel thats so lovely that the kids love lil Zahra to bits. Its so nice for them. Lol at being covered in slobber.

Hello Netti and Brandon, Storm and Zac.....Mel and Hunter arent too far away im sure. \/

My lil guy is going great guns. At his two week check he is 4250 grams, 54cm long and hc 38....growing lil boy! I love seeing his little face and legs fill out ..its so cute...love fat bubbas. I still havent really ventured out and about shopping yet by myself. Clinic and the school is as far as i have gotten so far..maybe this week we will get out more. Its so bloody cold...i hate taking the little guy out when its so toasty warm inside.

Well ladies someones hungry again..so hope you all have lovely weekends with your families.

Jo

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

Mel's a MUM!!

See you soon pet - hanging out to hear all about your precious little man!

Hey, is anyone due in August having a girl besides me?????

:-s

Spose I better take Zahra to the clinic to be weighed etc!! Oops!! All seems to much of a bother at the moment - she is definately growing up (sob sob) :smt022 but guess I had better get that all officially!!

Seeya

Tar Fletch!! I was forgetting Yvette as she was "technically" due in September!!

I have been out and about with all 3 kids - not easy mind you, but have done it!! I have also been out walking trying to drop my belly blubber so have carried Zahra in the Baby Bjorn with Liam and Cairenn in the pram. It is exercising my lower abdo let me tell you!! I get pain there for a few hours after I get home!!

I am in shock - Zahra is 4 weeks old on Wednesday. ALREADY!!!!!! :smt022 She is growing up too fast for my liking!!!!! She is changing so quickly and she is sooooooo adorable!! Mark, after not being sure we needed another child, and having me tell him that she would turn out to be his favourite has had to agree with me!! WOO HOO!!
    He readily admits that she is just adorable and can't imagine life without 3 kids!!!!

No way will I be having a fourth though!!

How are you guys recovering from your births?? I hope you are both ok.

Got a pounding headache so better go take something for it.

Will speak again soon!!

Seeya

Hello ladies and lil bubbies

Not long now and all the august ladies will be in here...just Yvette and Elissa to go. Hope to see Mel and Hunter and Susan and Rebekah in here real soon...before i leave ...sob...

Kel i know exactly what you mean about the time going by so fast..with lil Zahra being almost 4 weeks. You just want it to slow waaaaaaaaaaay down hey...i just want to savour every little moment with my little boy..i so dont want the time to get away from me. Its probably why I am going crazy with all the photos i am taking but i really dont want to miss a thing. You can sooo appreciate it when they are your last hey?? Thats great that Mark has come around so well..its funny how when you have your chilluns you just cant imagine life without them. Ive been out walking to with Sammy and my dog Bella...trying to loose the tummy fat. My tummy is still quite tender though and the more active I am the more i bleed..sorry tmi...sigh...so have to try and strike a balance.

OOOOOoh Fletch that is so cute that Zane went to his first party. Lol at the mum wanting to exchange if hers isnt as well behaved. Must make you feel proud to have such a contented lil bubba. I ventured out to the shops today with Sammy and Olivia after Id dropped the kids off at hockey and he was fine..lil darling that he is. It was pass the baby time at the kids school today and he didnt stir a bit ...lil darling is getting so used to being cuddled he sleeps right through it.

Well talk to you soon ladies

Jo

Hello Strangers!
    How is everybody going?
    Mum & Dad have finally gone home!!!!!
    Little Zac is awsome, I seem to be blessed with a good one(so far)
    Glad every one is going great with their new babies
    KELL 4 weeks already?? OMG where has the time gone!
    No time for a long post from me, we're off to the doc's this morning my poor little fella has to go & see about having his whatnot snipped :smt022 mummy don't like that.

Catch up properly soon!

CONGRATULATIONS to all !! (i don't think I've said that yet)

My Princess is 4 weeks old today

:smt022

A whole month old

:smt022

She is growing up way too fast and I don't like it! She is looking more and more like her big sister and she is just so beautiful that I often have a mini blubber when I talk to her!

Well, we are off to the new thread, but I will see you all in a few days! Will pop in here too to check up on you all!!

Hope you have a great day - it's raining here and it is WONDERFUL!! Had 10ml already and that is unheard of out here lol!!

Seeya (for now) :smt039

Hi Storm nice to see you and little Zac in here. Glad hes doing sooo well....awww my heart goes out to you re going to the drs....i dont think i could bear it...thankfully we arent going that way.

Awww Kel..you are off already...wont be long and we will all be joining you there anyway.

Talk later....my darling is stirring

Jo

Wow I cant beleive how fast time is going! It wasn't going this fast when we were pregnant!
    BYE BYE Fletchie!
    BYE BYE Kelli!

I am finding it really hard to come on BB now, all I want to do is sit with Zac or watch him sleep! My internet usage has dropped dramatically since he came along! :-k Perhaps thats a good thing!

How is everybody getting along? We're good. Although I have got a rotten cold & am so scared I'll pass it on to the baby, Plus TMI I have a really irritated woohoo from wearing stupid pads for so long #-o ..
    ahh well..............

Bill is a really great daddy, still a bit nervous, but very helpful, he tries to get up & feed Zac through the night, but I always wake up anyway, I still haven't let him have a good cry, I feel like I've let him down if he does, he just makes a little whimper & I'm up warming the bottle!I wonder how much longer I can keep that up LOL

OK better go & get the rest of the guys some dinner
    talk soon!!

Melody Guest

Hello my lovely mummies

I have missed you all so much! We caved today & actually moved the computer from Hunter's room into the living room.... it had to be done. I underetimated how much work DH does on it & how much I need to keep in touch with friends (via email). Not that I have much spare time (what is that again?) but I wan the option if I do.

We went out for breakfast thismorning & it was Hunter's first excursion... he just crashed out & let everyone "Oooohhh" & "Aaahhhh" at him! Meanwhile I was freaking out about the breeze & noise. We got through though.

DH is out at his birthday party because I just didnt want to go. (Mind you I am devastade at not being there to enjoy it with him) but I know that 50 people will stick thier face in Hunters & it will be way too much for him to deal with.... I know the meaning of a sleepless night & a heart breaking at the sound of her little angel crying & I am not going to do anything to bring that on at the moment. He is just 7 days on the planet so there will be plenty more birthdays to attend.

We are fine though.... I'm a bit beaten up. I have split my abdominal muscle quite badly so am wearing a brace, my boobs are ON FIRE & I am still not able to pee without feeling like I could cry.... other than that I am completely & utterly in love.

Today is also the first day that I feel like Hunter is relaxing & recognising comfort. I feel tired but relatively organised...
    Excuse my selfish post but I want you to know I have missed you & am happy we are all well

nb. My photo's have been updated

Hello lovely ladies and babies

Mel..its so lovely to see you in here. The photos of darling Hunter are just precious...you must be sooo very proud. Arent baby boys just the sweetest little things. Im so in love with my boy that my heart literally aches sometimes with how i feel for him..i love being a mum....and it sounds like you are just a natural.

Hello Storm and lil Zac...aww hope you get over your cold Storm and bubs doesnt get it. I know what you mean about not wanting bubs to cry..i am exactly the same. Im glad im not the only one who does that. I have had people ask if Sammy cries much...and we were like...well we dont really let him get to that stage lol....not that he really likes waiting for his dinner..its like im awake....so feed me!!!

Hello Netti and Brandon....and soon Yvette will be in here with her darling lil girls...

Well my best friend arrived back from the UK today so am feeling pretty happy now...she got some gorgeous cuddle time in with Sammy and we caught up on all the gos.

Sammy has started doing a few little smiles at us..its so funny cos he gets this real intense look on his face and then will just light up with a smile. The girls are all competing to try and get him to smile at them...and we still have the whole...Sammy looks more like me...well he has my nose...sort of thing..which is cute really. We still dont get much sleep at night..he tends to wake every 3 hours regardless of it being night or day..not that i mind...i think i was still more tired when i was pregnant rather than now....saying that though...the words are starting to blur on the screen cos god i am tired right now.

Well i better go and get some zzzz's so talk to you soon lovely ladies. Big kisses from Sammy

Jo

OMG I am soooooooo clucky!!

I LOVE all your photos!!

Mel, Hunter is ADORABLE!! Love the hair (just like my kids hey!!) and you look soooooooo wonderful as a mummy!!!! Hope you start feeling better soon - it only gets better from here on!

Jo - Sammy is a gorgeous boy! How can he not be if he looks like his mum lol!! Looks like you are a good boy brewer as well as a girl one lol!!

Storm - Hope you get better soon. Know exactly what you mean about the pads! Pain in the butt aren't they!! I also don't let Zahra cry too much either, but she also doesn't cry much anyway!!

Yvette has some photos of the girls on her site - absolutely gorgeous!!

Must be off - oh and Mel, as Mark says, Hunter is a chick magnet!! He will attract any clucky woman within cooee of him lol!!

Seeya

Melody Guest

Ouch! I just fell in a heap. I've got a mastitis suspicion (all symptoms present) & just cant stop aching all over & crying .

I just expressed & gave my first bottle feed (nipples are just too torn up) & am heading to the doctor.

Is this normal? I feel like I just want to curl up in a ball & hug Hunter....

AWWWWWWWWW Mel.......biiiiggg hugs honey...i so hope its not mastitis. I had it once and ive never been so sick in my life. I hope you get some answers real soon. I do know what you mean though about curling up with bubby and doing nothing else...sometimes thats all you want to do...everything else can seem overwhelming so i think thats completely normal. Let us know how you are when you can k.

Jo

Melody Guest

Yep.The dreaded Mastitis in both boobs. My temp went sky high & then i went straight to the Dr. I'm really feverish & sick & am just hurting all over.

Hunter did sleep really well last night & DH has been just doing absolutely anything & everything to help.

I'm going down to the early childhood centre thismorning to check his weight & ask some questions about getting him to open his mouth (part of the reason i cant get a good attatchment)

Basically I'm just back in the wars & the phone still hasnt stopped ringing.... does anyone know that I am in the middle of the biggest adjustment of my life & the last thing I want to do is spend precious minutes with a phone to my ear placating other people. I just need a bit of space to work this out. I turned off the volume but it only makes them call more (the fact that I dont answer) & I have asked them to give me a little room (in a subtle way) & they all say "Ohhhh, you must be so tired.... poor love. I'll call you tomorow to see how you are" Grrrrrr! ](*,)

Other than that I am fine, coping quite well with the things i need to do & amazed every minute at his capacity to just get cuter

All my love to you ladies.... i'll be back on the planet soon

Oh no Mel ](*,)

Mastitis is a horrible!!

I hope that you recover really soon.

No wonder you want to curl up and cuddle your precious little boy.

Hopefully some of the people ringing will get the hint and leave you alone for a little while to settle into being a mummy. Even though they no doubt mean well, it is frustrating when they don't leave you alone!

Best wishes and tonnes of get well vibes to you!

Oh Mel, I know exactly how you feel, I had horrible mastitis as well... it does get better, those antibotics will kick in and in a day or two you'll feel heaps better.

Don't answer the phone or let the machine get it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast